PDA

View Full Version : SUVs not firing

Zorafim
Jan 19, 2007, 02:41 AM
Has anyone else had this problem? I'm sure it has to do with lag, but it is really getting annoying. Basically, I get my SUV out, and it just disappears before it does anything. I think I've seen other people in my party have this problem too. Is there a way to combat this, or am I stuck praying to Lady Luck?

Zato-2TWO
Jan 19, 2007, 02:47 AM
Is the damage being dealt? If it is, that's a problem with lag. If not.......=O

MattMattic
Jan 19, 2007, 02:51 AM
happens to me all the time too, right when it come sown from the sky.......it cancel's, i have no clue, but it's pretty f'n annoying.

Aaron777
Jan 19, 2007, 02:51 AM
yeah it's happened to me a few times but overall not that much...gets me pissed though......lol

isahn80
Jan 19, 2007, 02:55 AM
Am I correct in guessing this is a PS2 problem? I'm on PC and my RAcaseal's SUV has never had this happen to her.

SpikeOtacon
Jan 19, 2007, 02:57 AM
A few hours ago I had one misfire, where nothing got hit. I assume it's nothing big, though. PC user, by the way.

Pitchshifter
Jan 19, 2007, 03:51 AM
Mine has done it a few times too, but only when I got the Sturm Buster. I don't think it ever did it with the Grom Buster.

Someone told me the damage still goes off, but I never see it, see the monsters burning after using it, or see them flying in the air from it. So I don't know how true that is.

Lastat27
Jan 19, 2007, 08:10 AM
I'm glad someone finally brought this up as I've felt kind of alone with this problem lol.

Grom, Rafal, and Sturm have all cancelled on me. The worst moment was while I told the my party I would solo the last right side room on Bruce's C. Took me 5 mins to kill them all once the SUV decided it didn't want to fire.

I'm on the PS2 as well. Some PC's users say they see my SUV "fire" but no damage or status effects are dealt. It's a bug that's for sure. Somedays it's REALLY REALLY bad. I'd be using Yohmei armor with no extra slot if this problem got any worse. (Go defense!)

Weakness
Jan 19, 2007, 08:13 AM
This happens a lot. So far this is my best explanation for it.

Ever notice how sometimes you can't shoot/attack/whatever? You can only run around right? Well what is going on is the you are "resynching" with the rest of the group. What is happening is that you are trying to resynch when you use your SUV causing it to come down, and then just go right back up so you can continue to resynch.

Now I could be completely off, but as far as I have noticed, this seems to be the most logical cause of the problem. Only really happens in lag heavy areas (bigger 5, 6 man parties).

ArcanaSaber
Jan 19, 2007, 08:17 AM
It used to happen to me but now I just stick with Blitz Buster.
I thought it cancelled cause I had got hit or something when summoning my SUV from the sky.

isahn80
Jan 19, 2007, 08:19 AM
Pitchshifter your sig owns.

Vhex
Jan 19, 2007, 08:23 AM
On 2007-01-19 05:19, isahn80 wrote:

I lol'd.

zanotam
Jan 19, 2007, 09:27 AM
On 2007-01-19 05:19, isahn80 wrote:

QFT. hmm...maybe i SHOULD go to 360 then...

PMB960
Jan 19, 2007, 11:45 AM
All damage is calculated server side. If you can't do damage even if you are hitting enemies it is server lag. The problem is by the time the gsme catches up if everything get killed you get no exp. When this happens you will see other players stop moving, you can switch weapons, chat bubbles won't appear, and doors will not open. I noticed this happens to me when Uni 2 is filled and in order to enter it I keep checking the orange thing over and over again to get into Uni 2.

AC9breaker
Jan 19, 2007, 12:32 PM
http://home.alltel.net/roupe1/psusig.jpg
This thread is now about pitchshifters sig and how much it owns. GO!

DummieAcount
Jan 19, 2007, 05:15 PM
It happens, get used to it.

Pitchshifter
Jan 19, 2007, 07:36 PM
Not to try to go off topic, but thanks, I still http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_lol.gif at it when seeing it.

I just made it last night. Seen the Geico commercial with the caveman in the airport and it just popped in my head, went to their site and snagged a screen shot of it off the streaming video.

Syl
Jan 19, 2007, 10:04 PM
/offtopic

Pitch, after that Geico commercial, I believe you will anger those cavemen even further. They may sue >.>

zanotam
Jan 19, 2007, 10:41 PM
OMFG! YOU MAKE FUN OF ME CAVEMAN BRUDAHS! IZA GONNA SUEZ YA MAN!

BloodDragoon
Jan 19, 2007, 11:13 PM
It's caused when that targeting glitch occurs during the SUV where it won't let you attack/shoot/cast spells.

nefarious
Jan 19, 2007, 11:38 PM
I've had it happen once I think on 360. And that's a maybe... because soon as I hit the buttons, my game froze. Could just be bad luck/timing, or could be what happens to 360 users.

ShadyJr
Jan 20, 2007, 09:37 AM
...it's happened to me several times, whenever it does...someone winds up lagging out of the party...

Toguro
Jan 20, 2007, 10:13 AM
A friend of mine told me this can happen if someone changes weapons while your SUV loads in.

Thrash777
Jan 20, 2007, 02:20 PM
Yeah, my bro, Heavy Arms, had this once, it was funny:

He was getting stressed, and he something like: "Right! That's it! TAKE THIS!"

His SUV came down... and then went straight back up again!

Me and Isobel/Jonty just burst out laughing! He was not impressed to say the least! lol

Flwl3ssCowboy
Jan 20, 2007, 02:42 PM
On 2007-01-18 23:55, isahn80 wrote:
Am I correct in guessing this is a PS2 problem? I'm on PC and my RAcaseal's SUV has never had this happen to her.

I've had it happen to me once and I us the PC that was with one of the old SUV's though (Grom i think it was)