PDA

View Full Version : Yep, the board 'glitch' is fixed.

imfanboy
Jan 19, 2007, 05:49 AM
So, as an experiment, I tried synthing the REALLY expensive neudaiz room deco - the one that needs 50 Neu Ash, but is also quick.

Go to pull it out, and sure enough, no "cancel" option.

OK, they can patch this, but can only throw up Gameguard walls of paper to stop cheaters?

Oh, and in other news, the room deco failed. <_< It looks really cool, too... but 51k cool? And this is my second try at it too.

Soukosa
Jan 19, 2007, 05:54 AM
It's much easier to disable the "cancel" option than would be to try to fix alot of the glitches in the game. Trying to fix the duping exploit would likely take alot more than most people would think. It's not just a simple check right there, there would have to be much more going on to prevent it.

Retehi
Jan 19, 2007, 05:55 AM
So they patch a few things the JP servers just had patched, and we get a S-rank mission they JUST got?

Odd. . are all PA's still the same?

imfanboy
Jan 19, 2007, 05:56 AM
Yes, pas are still the same - my WT's Dus Daggas is still at 180% ATK/86%ATA.

isahn80
Jan 19, 2007, 07:22 AM
So after weeks spent hunting that 10* Crea Doubles or Halarod board, now when it fails you can just cry instead of keeping the board and trying again.

Does anyone honestly wonder why shit like the S-rank weapon hacks occur?

Rashiid
Jan 19, 2007, 07:22 AM
this better happen for us 360 ppl too

Maridia
Jan 19, 2007, 07:24 AM
Frankly, the price of synthing some of those things is worth being able to try again. Oh well. I know I'll friggin die when I finally get the ONE weapon I wanted and the synth fails.

Oh daggers of serafi. Come to me with an ice element on you. ;-;

Fran
Jan 19, 2007, 07:51 AM
If they had fixed this sooner, we'd likely see no S-rank weapons in the game at the moment.

Rashiid
Jan 19, 2007, 07:55 AM
which would be legit...i like games that are legit.....no more halo 2s......

Magician
Jan 19, 2007, 08:06 AM
Eeek, this'll send A-S rank weapon prices even higher because of their low success %. I believe this is for the better, makes owning those weapons even more special.

me/ - snuggles his 50% Ice and 44% Dark Giza-misaki's.

isahn80
Jan 19, 2007, 08:14 AM
On 2007-01-19 04:55, Rashiid wrote:
which would be legit...i like games that are legit.....no more halo 2s......

Assuming the system works in the first place, I would wholeheartedly agree.

However, the synth system in PSU is bullshit to begin with, so... yeah. It takes no skill, only luck and a lot of money.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: isahn80 on 2007-01-19 05:16 ]</font>

Fran
Jan 19, 2007, 08:29 AM
Its because of horrible synthing systems like this that spark the initiative to hack and exploit the system anyway.

I'll tell you now, after all the work I put into my PM, to have it have ONLY a 49% chance on a Howrod synth (its more like 30% it seems..). Thats just retarted.

-Ryuki-
Jan 19, 2007, 08:39 AM
Yay for fixing "glitches"!

I can enjoy the game once again! (Now if only they could do a rollback on the hacked meseta >.<).

Vhex
Jan 19, 2007, 08:39 AM
This won't really effect me since all my weapons usually work... but they always come out at low %. 10%-16% usually.. >_<

Anyway speaking of annoying patches. I hear they are considering patching the Swimsuit Glitch... they've done so on the Japanese Server.

Weakness
Jan 19, 2007, 08:40 AM
On 2007-01-19 05:39, Vhex wrote:
This won't really effect me since all my weapons usually work... but they always come out at low %. 10%-16% usually.. >_<

Anyway speaking of annoying patches. I hear they are considering patching the Swimsuit Glitch... they've done so on the Japanese Server.

Already done.

rena-ko
Jan 19, 2007, 11:05 AM
maybe if you see the synthing as lottery or.. roulette... because its nothing more than that.
the only thing i personally dont like about it is the synth success rate cap at a certain point. thats definitely unneeded.

well, swimwear glitch gone. and the 4 PAs i had on my char are the same as before the update. i'll check my fig's PA later.

my main's PAs are the same strength too.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: rena-ko on 2007-01-19 11:14 ]</font>

Cav
Jan 19, 2007, 12:31 PM
What this did was screw over any legit people who were trying to craft for meseta, prices won't go up to compensate because dupers will just dupe and buy more boards from npc. If legits try to price at a point where you'd break even, the dupers will keep the prices the same, because obviously it sells faster. Just glad I made my last decent % weapon I needed for PT <.<.

Zato-2TWO
Jan 19, 2007, 12:49 PM
Well, the fact that weapons break in synthing or grinding is just more reason to play the game, right? People who think that 'playing the game' is just looking for the easy way out via exploits and stuff I think are horribly misguided. If everyone was good and did things legitimately, there'd be no complaints because it would just lead to more playing of the game.

"What the hell? My Phantom didn't synth!? Damn, that means...I'll have to play the game!!"

Dymalos
Jan 19, 2007, 01:02 PM
Uh. The Glitch Trick is still working. I just did it on Xbox 360.

SuperRygar
Jan 19, 2007, 01:04 PM
well put Zato. its so silly to complain about them fixing a glitch. at least they'r trying to make the game better

Weakness
Jan 19, 2007, 01:05 PM
On 2007-01-19 10:02, Dymalos wrote:
Uh. The Glitch Trick is still working. I just did it on Xbox 360.

It ain't there no more for PC/PS2 players.

Cav
Jan 19, 2007, 01:16 PM
On 2007-01-19 09:49, Zato-2TWO wrote:
Well, the fact that weapons break in synthing or grinding is just more reason to play the game, right? People who think that 'playing the game' is just looking for the easy way out via exploits and stuff I think are horribly misguided. If everyone was good and did things legitimately, there'd be no complaints because it would just lead to more playing of the game.

"What the hell? My Phantom didn't synth!? Damn, that means...I'll have to play the game!!"

If prices went up to compensate, or if sega had learned that client side information fails, I wouldn't really care, but all this fix did was disable legit ability to compete in selling synth items. It also just made dupers have a bigger impact on our economy.

Reiichi
Jan 19, 2007, 01:18 PM
Please tell me more about this 'legit ability' using a board glitch.

Weakness
Jan 19, 2007, 01:18 PM
On 2007-01-19 10:16, Cav wrote:

On 2007-01-19 09:49, Zato-2TWO wrote:

If prices went up to compensate, or if sega had learned that client side information fails, I wouldn't really care, but all this fix did was disable legit ability to compete in selling synth items. It also just made dupers have a bigger impact on our economy.

I don't dupe or hack and I am filthy stinking rich thanks to the economy. I guess I just have better luck synthing then most do.

It isn't the boards or the number of synths (par the drop only S ranks and their 1 shot boards), it is usually the materials needed that make the prices so unbearable. Simple solution? Farm them yourself, buy from NPC shops, and don't deal with retarded player shop prices.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Weakness on 2007-01-19 10:22 ]</font>

Eliash
Jan 19, 2007, 01:24 PM
I guess it depends on how you define the word "legit", but to me using any kind of exploits and/or methods to get an desired item without following all the rules set by ST is a bit of a streach for the word. You may get away with "more legit than hackers" but I would hesitate to say that using an exploit of any kind is considered "legit."

McFresh_Bot
Jan 19, 2007, 01:27 PM
Good.

PALRAPPYS
Jan 19, 2007, 01:37 PM
It's still working on 360? Please please stay on 360.... http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_frown.gif

Our economy doesn't have as much meseta so maybe this way I WILL get some S ranks! Yay! http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/anime1.gif

Sitka
Jan 19, 2007, 01:47 PM
On 2007-01-19 10:24, Eliash wrote:
I guess it depends on how you define the word "legit", but to me using any kind of exploits and/or methods to get an desired item without following all the rules set by ST is a bit of a streach for the word. You may get away with "more legit than hackers" but I would hesitate to say that using an exploit of any kind is considered "legit."

People exploit glitches all the time - it IS a part of the game.

Now....that said....there is a difference.

Exploiting a glitch that gives you uber weapons or uber meseta or uber experience without having to play the game is bad for the game and bad for the players who choose not to exploit that glitch.

On the other hand, we routinely try to find the spots were we can snipe from without being hit (i.e. the fences in towers on pso, the edge of the attack path in Parum, the edge of a curve against worms on Neudaiz). We routinely exploited the "get knocked down" glitch on cmode in PSO to get better times. We routinely exploited the sniping spot on TTF against Hildebears or for Maximum Attack.

Many glitches are considered an expert strategy for attacking a certain area or posting an s-rank time. Piping was a glitch used to get more rare enemies more often (helpful when hunting something as rare as a Psycho Wand).

So, to say all exploits are cheating is, imho, wrong. Some are more wrong than others and I would say having failed several VERY expensive synth attempts that to try and save that rare board you finally got after 600+ hours of play for yet another attempt at a low-success synth falls under the "acceptable" glitch exploits in my book.

Reiichi
Jan 19, 2007, 02:06 PM
NPC boards are cheap in regards to the materials used to make them. Glitching provides a small savings.

Rare boards like crea double sabers are expensive in terms of their rarity, and the materials used to make them although pricey, pale in comparison to the value of the board. Perhaps 'rares' were meant to be 'rare'. Low synth %s are not 100% for a reason.

If you would like to compare degrees of legitimacy, would the person saving 55k on their 9* synth board be more legitimate than the person saving 99,999,999 meseta on their crea doubles board?

Zato-2TWO
Jan 19, 2007, 02:08 PM
Well, using an exploit for efficiency and using an exploit out of laziness to do something 'easier' are two different things. The board glitch, for example, is something defies the parameters set by the game. Fences are within the game's parameters, and using it to your advantage is perfectly fine.

Tycho
Jan 19, 2007, 02:11 PM
On 2007-01-19 08:05, rena-ko wrote:
the only thing i personally dont like about it is the synth success rate cap at a certain point. thats definitely unneeded.Well, at least it's not much of an issue for anything but some of the early stuff.

But pretty good they already brought it to US as well then; wouldn't have expected them to be this fast.

rena-ko
Jan 19, 2007, 02:15 PM
On 2007-01-19 11:11, Tycho wrote:

On 2007-01-19 08:05, rena-ko wrote:
the only thing i personally dont like about it is the synth success rate cap at a certain point. thats definitely unneeded.Well, at least it's not much of an issue for anything but some of the early stuff.

But pretty good they already brought it to US as well then; wouldn't have expected them to be this fast.

yeah, brings back some faith, i'd say.
and honestly? i'd have prefered if they'd have nerfed the PAs etc today too. so the research can begin...

MomoHana
Jan 19, 2007, 02:17 PM
Well I'm glad the glitches were fixed because the synth rates are there for a reason and using a glitch to bypass them is still cheating.

Rashiid
Jan 19, 2007, 02:37 PM
same here [when the 360 gets their patch]

Kyres
Jan 19, 2007, 02:38 PM
Board glitch = tricking the game into thinking that something you know happened, didn't, for another chance at it, effectively undermining the entire point of the synthesis system. Unlegit. Fences, sniping spots, corners, etc = taking advantage of retarded enemy AI. Legit. Bend the meaning and vary the derees all you want. There's a clear line.

On a side note, thank god people won't be running around with pants and no shirt anymore, that was far more disruptive to game mechanics than the ga-fucking-jillions of duped meseta being pumped into the economy daily. People may be making thousands ebaying meseta they made for free, but at least they can't add slightly more diversity to the wonderfully limited clothes pallette anymore!

If you can't detect the sarcasm, please, seek therapy.

Rashiid
Jan 19, 2007, 02:51 PM
FIX OUR 360 NOW!!!!!!!!!!!

Eliash
Jan 19, 2007, 02:54 PM
Yes please before I'm tempted to use it for my weapons. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_frown.gif Must...resist...

Arislan
Jan 19, 2007, 03:01 PM
Except that the board glitch still kills your mats Kyres. You just have the synth charge still. So it still wastes the meseta and time. Given that it falls under the same thing as piping/door glitching in terms of in-game abilities: Simply unplug your ethernet cable while you're sitting at the "You got a Monomate!" prompt, before the take out item prompt. Congrats, you get disconnected, can reconnect and cancel the synth. At least, on 360. No longer on PS2/PC.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Arislan on 2007-01-19 12:01 ]</font>

Reginaldo
Jan 19, 2007, 03:19 PM
I'm personally glad that more valuable stuff has a lower % of synthing cus OH EM GEE it makes the completed item more valuable. ZOMG HAX/SHOCKER etc..

Now I played PSO from its Dreamcast launch until just before this game came out. I'm sorry, but the item system on PSO sucked. If you prefer a more dumbed down way to get items then actually take a chance because you're too cheap to spend your precious online currency then pretend it's 1999 and fire up the dreamcast. Or play on the XBOX PSO that still has the Christmas Theme for over a year now. Or maybe even the GCN version which has even worse problems with dupes. Or just go to BB which never even got support from Sega. >.>

Itchee
Jan 19, 2007, 03:20 PM
On 2007-01-19 12:01, Arislan wrote:
Congrats, you get disconnected, can reconnect and cancel the synth.
<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Arislan on 2007-01-19 12:01 ]</font>

Couldnt you also just back out to the dashboard or turn the box off/on??

Dymalos
Jan 19, 2007, 04:18 PM
Yes and we still can. Honestly speaking, I use the hell out of the Synth Glitch. So go on and call me whatever you'd like. I'm on the 360, so we didn't get that influx of duped Meseta, which means I can't just sell a De Regan tail and go out and buy 2 more 9* Boards. Thats 165k a board and I only make about 20k or so an hour grinding, it's not like I still don't lose out on a failed synth. Heck I've gone on a streak of 9 failures on a 7* before, thats at a supposed 60% when it comes down to it, I still lose abunch of meseta in mats.

Sitka
Jan 19, 2007, 04:24 PM
On 2007-01-19 13:18, Dymalos wrote:
Yes and we still can. Honestly speaking, I use the hell out of the Synth Glitch. So go on and call me whatever you'd like. I'm on the 360, so we didn't get that influx of duped Meseta, which means I can't just sell a De Regan tail and go out and buy 2 more 9* Boards. Thats 165k a board and I only make about 20k or so an hour grinding, it's not like I still don't lose out on a failed synth. Heck I've gone on a streak of 9 failures on a 7* before, thats at a supposed 60% when it comes down to it, I still lose abunch of meseta in mats.

Agreed and agreed. This game is hugely expensive for what you get and I've been grinding for close to 1,000 hours on my four charactes with minimal "uber" to show for it. In many ways, I do prefer the game play and drop system on the old PSO platforms, the ability to earn s-rank custom weapons based on your skill at playing and many other features. Personally, I hate synthing and grinding, but because it's part of the game, I do the best I can with it.

PSU is a game designed to give people enjoyment and to escape from the realities of every day life. After 1000 or so hours of grinding, you should be able to enjoy some fun stuff to play with and not get frustrated with dozens of failed synths and grinds. So, exploiting a stupid save board glitch to save a tiny bit of meseta is pretty fricking small in the big picture of things. Those of us on xbox are not awash with easy meseta as they appear to be on the other platforms.

Niki
Jan 19, 2007, 04:46 PM
Exploits are foul play, but I don't consider them cheats. I don't cheat, and I don't exploit unless the game is, to use a technical term, stupid.

On 2007-01-19 13:18, Dymalos wrote:
Yes and we still can. Honestly speaking, I use the hell out of the Synth Glitch. So go on and call me whatever you'd like. I'm on the 360, so we didn't get that influx of duped Meseta, which means I can't just sell a De Regan tail and go out and buy 2 more 9* Boards. Thats 165k a board and I only make about 20k or so an hour grinding, it's not like I still don't lose out on a failed synth. Heck I've gone on a streak of 9 failures on a 7* before, thats at a supposed 60% when it comes down to it, I still lose a bunch of meseta in mats.

Amen. The Synth system is broken as hell, and shame on ST that we still hear new stories about this every day. Actually, shame on us for even trying to Synth and use the game as intended... <_<

On 2007-01-19 10:47, Sitka wrote:
Exploiting a glitch that gives you uber weapons or uber meseta or uber experience without having to play the game is bad for the game and bad for the players who choose not to exploit that glitch.

True [though I disagree in the case of Synth], but since it's actually worst for the company that wants you to spend money every month for years on end to acquire said item/cash/level instead of working an exploit for a few minutes...well, you see where I'm going with this...

Typical ST support; minimal effort, minimal effect.

Cav
Jan 19, 2007, 05:36 PM
You guys say "influx of duped meseta" like everyone is overpricing for the sake of dupers, not everyone did. The only way to make money was to cut certain costs out (like the board) but now that it's gone profit goes poof too. I never priced stuff for dupers, always prices legit people could afford :/ which is my point why this screws over the non dupers since you want to get into semantics of whether legit is an acceptable term.

Reiichi
Jan 19, 2007, 06:55 PM
Were you making a profit prior to 9* boards being sold by the NPC? People were dumping 8*s for 100k and under or even giving them away (and even some 9* now too).

Also, 'prices legit people could afford' is a gray area. At what point does a weapon sale enter the duper territory? Or perhaps the 'selling to a person who made millions selling ray-photons' territory? The actual number of dupers is few. The number of people who have money that originated from dupers is probably 95%+.

Cost of a 9* weapon at 55% now: 91.5k in NPC materials. 1k in photons (100 each to be legit). 55k for one board use. At 55% success rate you break even at 268k selling price without using the board glitch. Sell at 300k for 32k profit. Sell for more for more profit. Get a higher % and sell for even more profit.

What kind of legit person who is barely pushing 300k would fork over all that money on a trash elemental 9* is beyond me. I don't think 'legit' people even buy 9*. They just settle on good elemental 4-6*. No doubt the 9* market on the 360 is small because money is scarce.

I don't consider selling elemental photons for 1k+ to be legit either, but that's just me.

Gojin
Jan 19, 2007, 07:01 PM
Well atleast sega cant do anything about all the duped meseta, ha ha sega are such noobs, Im a millionare!

Jife_Jifremok
Jan 19, 2007, 07:06 PM
Considering the time and money that was spent raising a PM to a pure 100, it's complete bullocks that it still has less than 50% chance to make a damn Phantom rifle. At least with the board glitch there wouldn't be any need to buy a new board. Oh shit, I hope the Degahna Cannon has a good synth % then...nothing like finding the rare board, getting the rare materials and then having the PM fuck it all up and completely mangle all the work that was put into finding the stuff! I wouldn't wanna do another shitload of Adahna Degahna runs just for another chance for an uber-rare Monomate!

Cav
Jan 19, 2007, 08:15 PM
On 2007-01-19 15:55, Reiichi wrote:
Were you making a profit prior to 9* boards being sold by the NPC? People were dumping 8*s for 100k and under or even giving them away (and even some 9* now too).

Also, 'prices legit people could afford' is a gray area. At what point does a weapon sale enter the duper territory? Or perhaps the 'selling to a person who made millions selling ray-photons' territory? The actual number of dupers is few. The number of people who have money that originated from dupers is probably 95%+.

Cost of a 9* weapon at 55% now: 91.5k in NPC materials. 1k in photons (100 each to be legit). 55k for one board use. At 55% success rate you break even at 268k selling price without using the board glitch. Sell at 300k for 32k profit. Sell for more for more profit. Get a higher % and sell for even more profit.

What kind of legit person who is barely pushing 300k would fork over all that money on a trash elemental 9* is beyond me. I don't think 'legit' people even buy 9*. They just settle on good elemental 4-6*. No doubt the 9* market on the 360 is small because money is scarce.

I don't consider selling elemental photons for 1k+ to be legit either, but that's just me.

91.5k? vulca 72k + ebon 36k + 7.5k A metal (115.5k this is also melee weapons, gun market is really skewed because of no % and wand market is good because of the annoyance to raise a tech pm) x3 + board 165k = 511.5k to break even. selling at 300k each assuming you succeed 2(lol) you make 90k, after having failed 4 in a row, twice I do begin to doubt the 50% aspect. Though other threads have been over this so I won't rehash here.

DarkSeph
Jan 19, 2007, 08:26 PM
On 2007-01-19 12:01, Arislan wrote:
Except that the board glitch still kills your mats Kyres. You just have the synth charge still. So it still wastes the meseta and time. Given that it falls under the same thing as piping/door glitching in terms of in-game abilities: Simply unplug your ethernet cable while you're sitting at the "You got a Monomate!" prompt, before the take out item prompt. Congrats, you get disconnected, can reconnect and cancel the synth. At least, on 360. No longer on PS2/PC.

......the logic behind what you just said brings up an interesting conclusion.......you basically either win or lose the very moment you start the synth....why?....because if you could simply disconnect and then cancel I am assuming you would WANT to cancel because the outcome of trying again would be the same, ie: a monomate. Therefore, time is irrelevant due to that outcome always being the same, it's just a stupid addition to the synthing process that makes you wonder for hours on end if you succeeded or failed....

understand?

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: DarkSeph on 2007-01-19 17:27 ]</font>

Reiichi
Jan 20, 2007, 12:15 AM
You need 6 vulk. 6 x 8k = 48k. Synth more please.

48k + 36k + 7.5k = 91.5k
91.5k x 3 + 165k board = 439.5k

If you synth 1/3 you lose, if you synth 2/3 you win. In the long run you'll go slightly better than 50/50 overall unless you are synthing nothing but swords.

Consider the long term rather than praying for 1/3 successes on every board. I've failed 7 in a row, it happens sometimes.

In the event you do synth 9* guns and wands, add another 15k for extra metals. But in those markets there's no point to dump trash equipment since there is no trash. A phantom is a phantom. There's no reason for rich people to sell 9* guns and wands for less than it costs to make. No point to discuss those markets.

Cav
Jan 20, 2007, 12:34 AM
On 2007-01-19 21:15, Reiichi wrote:
You need 6 vulk. 6 x 8k = 48k. Synth more please.

48k + 36k + 7.5k = 91.5k
91.5k x 3 + 165k board = 439.5k

Hmm I misread the ingrediants, I swore it was 9 vulca.

I've synthed 10 boards since 9* patch, and only one of those went 2/3 meaning it would of lost me around 1mil or more without the board trick. You can argue it's not enough data, but it can't be that all these people saying it's not a 50% chance are "just having bad luck" failing 4-X times in a row.