PDA

View Full Version : Dambarta, really the worldslayer?

PLURSprout
Jan 19, 2007, 01:50 PM
Heya, I was just wondering what your thoughts on this were. Evidently, since I'm a force that "solo's", I've missed all the buzz.

Personally, I like it, but it's hardly THAT powerful. I mean, if it wasn't for the freeze aspect it'd be just like the other dam- spells, which I'm assuming are meant for crowd control. I mean, the fact that it drains your PP like nobody's business means you realistic shouldn't use it on anything but crowds if you expect to have any PP left by the end of the day. I don't know, I just don't see how it's THAT detrimental to the balance of the game. That being said, if so many people hate it I wouldn't be opposed to a nerf if they'd just make the other techs a little bit more usable. (Because some of them flat out suck)

Dj_SkyEpic
Jan 19, 2007, 01:55 PM
Best to carry and link 4 ice spells into many rods if you want to be soloing with one~

But usually carrying 4 Howrods and 10 chargers would last you the whole missions.

imfanboy
Jan 19, 2007, 02:06 PM
BBBZZ!!! DJ fails!

Elemental rods work just like elemental weapons - the extra % only does more damage against enemies WEAK to that element! Better to just have quick access to Resta than the measly 40 more damage against fire enemies.

But no, it's not UNbalanced in particular; it just happens to be quite powerful, and better than the alternatives as you noted.

PLURSprout
Jan 19, 2007, 02:21 PM
I was wondering since some people seem to have made a big stink about it in recent threads. Thanks, new input is greatly appreciated.

Rashiid
Jan 19, 2007, 02:28 PM
yeah its powerful, but so are all the other dam-spells

most forces dont even use the other ones

my damdiga is lvl 17 and it does maybe 20 less them my lvl 23 dambarta
my damfoie does more then dambarta and its 22
dammegid is 16, not as powerful but infects them, so theres a plus side

i cant walk in any party w/ my other damspells w/o a "woah wat llvl is that??" but if u use dambarta its like 'yea sure w/e, i cant see anything!' lol

Dj_SkyEpic
Jan 19, 2007, 02:29 PM
oooooo I forgot to mention that x.x!

Jae
Jan 19, 2007, 02:31 PM
Eh. Sure it's a great tech. Probably one of our best. I'd hardly call it a worldslayer though.

Anybody that sees it from an outside perspective says "OMG look at that crazy damage and freezing so overpowered!"

What they don't see is how Dambarta can empty a Howrod after a few encounters and how we have to become Photon Charge crack addicts just to sustain the Dambarta habit. They also don't see how irritating it is to use at times because PAs and grenade launchers send everything flying.

There are only two reasons why this tech was even brought up in the rebalancing thread:

1) People always say, "Hey don't nerf me, nerf that instead! Look how overpowered it is!" Just typical MMO community behavior at work here.

2) Remedy's fanaticism.

Dj_SkyEpic
Jan 19, 2007, 02:40 PM
I only do 700 on a fire mob per hit with it only with a lvl 21 Retier. It's an okay tech. As many have said, it's for good crowd control such as 3 tengohs at once.

We still havent seen the damages from other Dam-Techs so lets not rush Dambarta as being the "best" one yet~

Rashiid
Jan 19, 2007, 02:47 PM
im gonna finish my other dam-spells 2nite to 21, ill tell u the damage difference

and sum hunters dont realize....
yeah, it can freeze n do heavy damage, but:

1) when we cast it, yall say ya cant see; imagin casting it! we cant see 1 damn thing; so say a giant moster runs thru it [like a Kog Nadd], we dont se it, blindsides us, were on the ground w/ little to no hp

2) any dam-spell past 21 drains ur rod/staff so fast........

i only use myne in rare cases, that because if i pull out mah ice mayrod
[her name is Barta-Chu, 3/4 ices are past 21],
yall knoe its game tyme!

Dj_SkyEpic
Jan 19, 2007, 02:57 PM
On 2007-01-19 11:47, Rashiid wrote:
1) when we cast it, yall say ya cant see; imagin casting it! we cant see 1 damn thing; so say a giant moster runs thru it [like a Kog Nadd], we dont se it, blindsides us, were on the ground w/ little to no hp
XD I usually see the shadow of the mobs and hope that I freeze em' before they run me over~

PMB960
Jan 19, 2007, 02:59 PM
I end up using them alot. When I play I either solo B rank missions, where one blast from a dam- tech can take out the entire group of enemies, or I play with a large party on Mizu S/ Onma S where I use them just for the SE.

Tra
Jan 19, 2007, 03:01 PM
I use it on fire enemies that come in packs of 4 or more and don't move around much.
Not very many places where that happens.

I'd say go for rabarta

Gazette
Jan 19, 2007, 03:57 PM
It's the bane of vanda's on Bruce's Dungeon.
So long as a fire mob is tightly packed, Dambarta will do its job.

The only reason I would consider Dambarta and Damdiga any better than the others is because they also cause the monsters to stagger.

Ether
Jan 19, 2007, 04:29 PM
On 2007-01-19 12:57, Gazette wrote:
The only reason I would consider Dambarta and Damdiga any better than the others is because they also cause the monsters to stagger.

Finally, someone else noticed this. This is why the spells are so insanely strong soloing, stuff rushes you, and once they get close enough to you, the hits are fast enough that they pretty much can't escape. The damage is just a bonus ontop of the great safety wall the spells provide

Gazette
Jan 19, 2007, 04:33 PM
On 2007-01-19 13:29, Ether wrote:

Finally, someone else noticed this. This is why the spells are so insanely strong soloing, stuff rushes you, and once they get close enough to you, the hits are fast enough that they pretty much can't escape. The damage is just a bonus ontop of the great safety wall the spells provide

Pretty much, try it with Dammegid or Damfoie and you'll have a group of monsters slapping you in the face within seconds.

Pure-chan
Jan 19, 2007, 04:34 PM

This was mentioned somewhere in Itsuki-chan's Bruce's guide, iirc. It works like a charm. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/anime2.gif

Gazette
Jan 19, 2007, 04:39 PM
On 2007-01-19 13:34, Pure-chan wrote:

This was mentioned somewhere in Itsuki-chan's Bruce's guide, iirc. It works like a charm. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/anime2.gif

Aye, that's where I first learned of it as well...

As I see it, most spellcasters don't have much going for them in terms of quick damage output, but everyone screaming "NERF DAMBARTA" are just plain ignorant.

The damn spell's atk% isn't impressively high by any regard. The only way I could see it really nerfed is if they'd remove the stagger it causes when it hits.

Spellbinder
Jan 19, 2007, 04:40 PM
On 2007-01-19 13:34, Pure-chan wrote:

Also in the Force Guide stickied in the other forum. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif but nobody goes there.

Akaimizu
Jan 19, 2007, 04:44 PM
Sounds interesting.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Akaimizu on 2007-01-19 13:45 ]</font>

Garnet_Moon
Jan 19, 2007, 05:11 PM
Dambarta is simply overpowered. No other word to describe it.

Sychosis
Jan 19, 2007, 05:19 PM
Dammegid isn't broken, that's all I really care about http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif

Gazette
Jan 19, 2007, 05:36 PM
On 2007-01-19 14:11, Garnet_Moon wrote:

No, the spell itself isn't overpowered.
It's the side-effets that make it seem as such.
Having both a LVL 3 Freeze and a Stagger effect make it a bit on the overpowered side.

The ATK% itself isn't anything worth mentioning.

PLURSprout
Jan 19, 2007, 06:07 PM
You know, I'd noticed the stagger effect before and I thought the other ones were missing it because of a glitch on my system. Hmm, there really isn't a point to using the dam- line if it doesn't have the stagger ability. I still think it would be stupid to nerf it since tech based classed don't really have that much going outside of a support role. (Maybe the S Rank weapons will change that, but I doubt it)

Garnet_Moon
Jan 19, 2007, 06:21 PM
On 2007-01-19 14:36, Gazette wrote:

No, the spell itself isn't overpowered.
It's the side-effets that make it seem as such.
Having both a LVL 3 Freeze and a Stagger effect make it a bit on the overpowered side.

The ATK% itself isn't anything worth mentioning.

It's overpowered. Extremely overpowered.

Gazette
Jan 19, 2007, 06:45 PM
On 2007-01-19 15:21, Garnet_Moon wrote:

No no, I mean the Stagger+Freeze effect is what overpowers it.

Lowering the ATK% isn't going to do squat. Meaning the spell itself isn't overpowered, but rather the effects it causes are. So if you did want to nerf it, the most logical thing to do would be to cut the stagger effect rather than the attack or SE.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Gazette on 2007-01-19 15:47 ]</font>

Garnet_Moon
Jan 19, 2007, 07:23 PM
On 2007-01-19 15:45, Gazette wrote:

On 2007-01-19 15:21, Garnet_Moon wrote:

No no, I mean the Stagger+Freeze effect is what overpowers it.

Lowering the ATK% isn't going to do squat. Meaning the spell itself isn't overpowered, but rather the effects it causes are. So if you did want to nerf it, the most logical thing to do would be to cut the stagger effect rather than the attack or SE.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Gazette on 2007-01-19 15:47 ]</font>

It's still overpowered though.

PMB960
Jan 19, 2007, 07:31 PM
The reason Damfoie doesn't have stagger is because it has a much longer ranger than Dambarta. The stagger is definitely what make the move "overpowered" not the damage. I can honestly do more damage with my RA- techs to a single enemie even though they are a lower level. It isn't really overpowered when you consider how much some Skills do per hit and most of those fling enemies arround and not just stagger them.. Up until now Forces didn't have any high DPS moves and now that we get some everyone has to say they are overpowered because they can do more damage than many Skills.

Ogni-XR21
Jan 19, 2007, 07:40 PM
Taking into account the damage per pp it's really not that powerfull. (2 posts till garnet_moon "it's still overpowered")

Is it just me that likes the 11+ animation better than the 21+? It has much more style in its second form...

Gazette
Jan 19, 2007, 07:50 PM
I disagree (To Garnet's claim), all of them are 12 hit at 130% (at LVL 30) save for Dammegid which is 140%
More often than not, you will never hit with all 12 hits if you're not using a stagger type since the mob will eventually come up and slap you down.

If the stagger effect wasn't there, then Dambarta would make perfect sense given its high PP use and SE effect.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Gazette on 2007-01-19 16:52 ]</font>

DarkSeph
Jan 19, 2007, 08:15 PM

......this comming from someone who Obviously doesn't have to worry about Soloing/Farming and dying all the time........I'm sick of you people getting on us Forces/Fortetechers cuz we FINALLY have something that can take us though a mission without F'ing up our S Ranks.....

Gazette
Jan 19, 2007, 08:19 PM
Garnet's mainly a Fortecher from my knowledge >.>
Anyhow, everyone's entitled to their own opinions...

Ether
Jan 19, 2007, 08:21 PM
On 2007-01-19 17:15, DarkSeph wrote:
......this comming from someone who Obviously doesn't have to worry about Soloing/Farming and dying all the time........I'm sick of you people getting on us Forces/Fortetechers cuz we FINALLY have something that can take us though a mission without F'ing up our S Ranks.....

I dunno about you.. but I can heal myself. Fortetecher is one fo the easiest clases to solo s ranks with

Lou dies much more than I do

DarkSeph
Jan 19, 2007, 08:38 PM
On 2007-01-19 17:21, Ether wrote:

I dunno about you.. but I can heal myself. Fortetecher is one fo the easiest clases to solo s ranks with

Lou dies much more than I do

....Your kidding right?......

........Well all I have is a Megaline so.....maybe that's it......lvl 53 and lvl 3 Fortetecher and I still get abused in battle soloing, without Dambarta I'd be toast, Megid Toast!, on S Rank LL

...and if it weren't for those "hiding" places in Parum Those Vahra thingies would cut me to shreads as well.....aside from using a bow

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: DarkSeph on 2007-01-19 17:39 ]</font>

Garnet_Moon
Jan 19, 2007, 08:40 PM

I say this as a career fT. I love it because of how strong it is.

Dark you need some skill then. I don't need Dambarta to solo S ranks. Before it I used Diga, Foie, my entire spell line. The damu techs just make it alot easier and quicker. They drain rods quickly, but when used properly they can cut your time in half.

And I agree, Ether. My NPC's die far more than me. I die soloing(without Dambarta) maybe once every 10 runs. My NPC's die 10 times a run. I do it for rares. I just let them die.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Garnet_Moon on 2007-01-19 17:43 ]</font>

Rashiid
Jan 20, 2007, 12:21 AM
WHY ARE YALL HATIN?!?!

WE FORCES CANT HAVE ANYTHING W/O YALL COMPLAINING

"00o0 yall have resta, heal me!"
"oo0o0 yall hav dambarta, its too powerful!"

whens tha last gawddamn tyme weve said 1 thing about ur PA's, huh? nada.

BloodDragoon
Jan 20, 2007, 01:25 AM
On 2007-01-19 21:21, Rashiid wrote:
WHY ARE YALL HATIN?!?!

WE FORCES CANT HAVE ANYTHING W/O YALL COMPLAINING

"00o0 yall have resta, heal me!"
"oo0o0 yall hav dambarta, its too powerful!"

whens tha last gawddamn tyme weve said 1 thing about ur PA's, huh? nada.

Last thing I had a Fortetecher say about my PA's in the game was something along the lines of a complaint that they couldn't stroke their e-peen because I wasn't letting the monsters swarm me...

Maybe if that particular FT would have learned what resta was I wouldn't have been so focused on minimizing the damage I take...