PDA

View Full Version : PSU-PS2: dial-up?

Axel3792
Jan 19, 2007, 02:48 PM
Anyone know what PSU (ps2) would play like on dial-up, sound and all that junk off? Would it be possible to play on an unpopulated Universe, or even a semi-populated one?

Loading times?
Lag?
System file downloads?

Dj_SkyEpic
Jan 19, 2007, 02:50 PM
Broadband was reccomended for PSU. I think you would see alot of things skipping around allll the time if you play dial-up.

Edit: The boss sceens and etc. would load 3x longer than normal.

Teammates that would have to wait for you to load to be able to start such battles, may be very impatient >.....>; for it.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Dj_SkyEpic on 2007-01-19 11:52 ]</font>

Itchee
Jan 19, 2007, 03:01 PM
On 2007-01-19 11:50, Dj_SkyEpic wrote:
Broadband was reccomended for PSU. I think you would see alot of things skipping around allll the time if you play dial-up.

Edit: The boss sceens and etc. would load 3x longer than normal.

Teammates that would have to wait for you to load to be able to start such battles, may be very impatient >.....>; for it.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Dj_SkyEpic on 2007-01-19 11:52 ]</font>

Agreed. In fact, you would probably have an incredibly difficult time completing things like the timed story quests...A complete liability in say...Bruce's Dungeon....

Gazette
Jan 19, 2007, 04:03 PM
Okay I have a friend who plays dial-up.
It works fine, but take note, as far as 56k goes, his service is actually pretty good.

Things you will be able to do:
-Play C through A missions with ease that don't require you fight a boss.
-Go to your room and other lobbies like anyone else can.

Things you'll have trouble with:
-Story missions, they take a while to load for 56kers
-Bosses, you may hit a bad lag spike in battle and kill the run

Things you won't be able to do
-Bruce's dungeon, specifically S rank it
(Note you technically can, but like 9/10 times you'll lag somewhere where it costs the group time)