PDA

View Full Version : Most common to least common class list??

Errorrrr
Jan 20, 2007, 02:51 AM
Does anybody know?? what's the most common and least common? and in betweeN?

Zorafim
Jan 20, 2007, 02:58 AM
Most common seems to be fighgunner, while least could be Protransfer. I myself have only met a few trap users, but almost every person I run in to seems to be a hunter.

Nani-chan
Jan 20, 2007, 03:03 AM
Hunter, Force, Ranger are probably most common (New players, shop mules, 2nd or 3rd character remakes)

Figunner
Fortefighter
Fortegunner
Fortetecher
Guntecher
Wartecher
Protranser

You can also do a forum search, this is a very repeated topic.

bob02
Jan 20, 2007, 07:50 AM
Figunner
Fortefighter
Fortetecher
Fortegunner
Wartecher
Guntecher
Protranser

Itsuki
Jan 20, 2007, 08:06 AM
On the JP version its:

19.72% ForteFighter
18.33% Fortecher
13.66% Figunner
13.46% Hunter
9.14% Fortegunner
8.10% Force
7.16% Wartecher
6.06% Ranger
3.33% Guntecher
1.04% Protranser

Akaimizu
Jan 20, 2007, 08:15 AM
Wow. JPN is so very not so hot on guns. Almost makes me wonder if it is a cultural tendancy. Not necessarily some devout distaste or anything, but one wonders whether the outlaw of guns has a bit of an effect on the choices. Sort of a controlled society experiment is going in my mind. I'll be curious about Europe as well, though policies do change quite a bit between various countries, so I'm not sure how that would turn out.

Now true enough, people might be selecting just based on picking characters that seem to be top of the tier list, but with ratios like that, maybe it's something else.

Itsuki
Jan 20, 2007, 08:24 AM
On 2007-01-20 05:15, Akaimizu wrote:
Wow. JPN is so very not so hot on guns. Almost makes me wonder if it is a cultural tendancy. Not necessarily some devout distaste or anything, but one wonders whether the outlaw of guns has a bit of an effect on the choices. Sort of a controlled society experiment is going in my mind. I'll be curious about Europe as well, though policies do change quite a bit between various countries, so I'm not sure how that would turn out.

Now true enough, people might be selecting just based on picking characters that seem to be top of the tier list, but with ratios like that, maybe it's something else.

You're digging too much into it. Theres a few factors for this, but they really boil down to 2 differences. The first is a difference in the economy. The second is a difference in the order missions were released.

JP's first S-ranks were Agata Relics and Hakura. Neither is very ranger friendly. While on the other hand, US got Onma, De Ragan, and Labs. All of which are very very ranger friendly.

On the US server, theres a lot of money floating around. Money can be for the most part considered infinite. At the same time, things that are drop only are extremely expensive and very limitted. This makes hunter weapons with high elemental percents hard to come by and not sold from many people's shops. It also makes traps used at every point they can be.

On the JP server on the other hand, Elemental photons and kubara wood are cheap and basically infinite. Theres almost no reason to ever have a green melee weapon. Hunter weapons are infact very cheap and affordable. Also, money is very limitted. If on an average S-rank mission, you only make like 10k (or less). Theres no way in hell you're going sit there wasting traps in Labs S. The mission isn't worth it, it'd only be a losing money experience.

Shiro_Ryuu
Jan 20, 2007, 08:36 AM
oh, I thought it was mostly cuz they just liked melee better, like me. anyway, as far as I've seen:
Fighgunner
Fortefighter
Fortetecher
Fortegunner
Wartecher
Guntecher
Protranser

Rizen
Jan 20, 2007, 08:42 AM
Its funny...someone ran up to me and said

SomeBrainCast: "Wow! An extinct species!"
Me: "Err....What?"
SomeBrainCast: "You are the 4th Protranser I've seen!"
Me: "Me? Oh right..."

C'mon people! Don't let Protransers die out! Donate a trap!

Sychosis
Jan 20, 2007, 08:50 AM
On 2007-01-20 05:24, Itsuki-chan wrote:

You're digging too much into it. Theres a few factors for this, but they really boil down to 2 differences. The first is a difference in the economy. The second is a difference in the order missions were released.

JP's first S-ranks were Agata Relics and Hakura. Neither is very ranger friendly. While on the other hand, US got Onma, De Ragan, and Labs. All of which are very very ranger friendly.

On the US server, theres a lot of money floating around. Money can be for the most part considered infinite. At the same time, things that are drop only are extremely expensive and very limitted. This makes hunter weapons with high elemental percents hard to come by and not sold from many people's shops. It also makes traps used at every point they can be.

On the JP server on the other hand, Elemental photons and kubara wood are cheap and basically infinite. Theres almost no reason to ever have a green melee weapon. Hunter weapons are infact very cheap and affordable. Also, money is very limitted. If on an average S-rank mission, you only make like 10k (or less). Theres no way in hell you're going sit there wasting traps in Labs S. The mission isn't worth it, it'd only be a losing money experience.

Not so sure the economy plays as big a role as you think. Even on the 360 where money is not infinite, and even amongst PC/PS2 users who do not abuse the economy, the Fighgunner, fortes, other hybrids trend remains the same.

Vhex
Jan 20, 2007, 09:28 AM
I actually see quite a few Protransers. But uh definately fighgunner is the most, the least I see is Fortegunner, dunno why just don't see em.

As per Protransers I was parting with two in one party the other day, Merumeru and Rizen. XD

Errorrrr
Jan 20, 2007, 10:18 AM
i think the reason you don't see Fortegunner is because most cast go Figunner instead... lol.

I myself set my first goal as a wartecher... but after trying out Figunner on the very same character... it's as if Wartecher is some 3rd rate job... totally useless and gimped compare to figunner in every way... quite discouraging... :/ anybody would like to give me some encouragement to keep on using my wartecher?

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Errorrrr on 2007-01-20 07:19 ]</font>

JaiBlue
Jan 20, 2007, 10:29 AM
>_> http://Newmans.YouAreMighty.com

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: JaiBlue on 2007-01-20 07:30 ]</font>

Errorrrr
Jan 20, 2007, 10:30 AM
but I am human :/

Genobee
Jan 20, 2007, 11:47 AM
For me it's

Fortefighter ( seems like evryone is one)
Guntecher ( god I'm sick of Cast guntechers... One actualy said the only reason he's a guntecher because he wanetd Dualies *sigh*)
Fighgunners (lots of casts)
Fortegunner ( seena few )
Foretecher ( can never seem to find one, but played witha few.)
Wartecher ( Never seen or played with one, only person I know who is one, is my friend Rina on Xbox, but I'm on PC)
Protranser (Never seen one at all)

bob02
Jan 20, 2007, 11:47 AM
http://Cast.YouAreMighty.com
http://Human.YouAreMighty.com
http://Beast.YouAreMighty.com

MontyNice
Jan 20, 2007, 11:52 AM
On 2007-01-20 08:47, bob02 wrote:

LoL, nice. To bad they're all the same. But still funny.

HUMAN, YOU ARE MIGHTY!

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: MontyNice on 2007-01-20 08:59 ]</font>

MontyNice
Jan 20, 2007, 11:59 AM

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: MontyNice on 2007-01-20 09:00 ]</font>

MontyNice
Jan 20, 2007, 12:00 PM
oops... accident

zSW1FT
Jan 20, 2007, 12:08 PM
protip: all the good fortetechers are higher up in the level chain ;3

DonRoyale
Jan 20, 2007, 12:13 PM
Human Fighgunners are the most popular.

Newman Protransers are the least popular.

BlackJet666
Jan 20, 2007, 01:35 PM
That was too funny, BEAST! You are mighty!

Thrash777
Jan 20, 2007, 02:02 PM
Fighgunner is by far the most common

Fortetecher is also very common

Fortefighter is common
Fortegunner also

Protransers are uncommon

I've seen a handful of Wartechers and Guntechers, but not many.

Thrash777
Jan 20, 2007, 02:10 PM
On 2007-01-20 08:47, bob02 wrote:

What about the newman?

http://You.justgotowned.com

^much funnier!

VanHalen
Jan 20, 2007, 02:17 PM
On 2007-01-20 07:29, JaiBlue wrote:

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: JaiBlue on 2007-01-20 07:30 ]</font>

NEWMAN NATIONALISM FTW!!!

but i think it goes in this order

Fighgunner
Fortetecher
Fortefighter
Hunter
Force
Ranger
Wartecher
Protranser
Guntecher

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: VanHalen on 2007-01-20 11:22 ]</font>

SolomonGrundy
Jan 20, 2007, 02:56 PM
Human, Cast, Beast Figunners
Newman ForteTechers (scads of these)

I almost never see a ranger in any way, shape or form, unless it's a ranger basic type.

I've never seen a protranser, and have only seen 1 wartecher. She kicked ass though http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif Female Beast with claws.

Kura-X
Jan 20, 2007, 03:07 PM
im glad to be a female newman guntecher. since nobody around me ever is.

Itsuki
Jan 20, 2007, 03:45 PM
On 2007-01-20 05:50, Sychosis wrote:

On 2007-01-20 05:24, Itsuki-chan wrote:

Not so sure the economy plays as big a role as you think. Even on the 360 where money is not infinite, and even amongst PC/PS2 users who do not abuse the economy, the Fighgunner, fortes, other hybrids trend remains the same.

Of course player preferences and such are going to play a role, and I did say the order that S-ranks were added was also a big reason. Its just an overall playstyle difference. And although it may not have the biggest effect on the choice of characters. The economy really does change the playstyle. And the playstyle effects the overall choice of characters.

It really is most noticable with traps. US players just love traps. JP players, and even probably 360 players, just don't have the meseta to be throwing down traps like that. It has a significant change on the way the game is made. Because of this, even if you don't notice it, people are going to want to make more characters that can drop traps. And thus you have more figunners, fortegunners, guntechers, and prrotransers.

Of course, it always could just be the doublesabers.

Syanaide
Jan 20, 2007, 03:56 PM
Most common is easily Fighgunner, every party I'm in has at least two, often three. Unfortunately most of them are incredibly bad and don't quite read the -gunner half of their class.

And of course, least is Protranser.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Syanaide on 2007-01-20 13:03 ]</font>

Sychosis
Jan 20, 2007, 03:59 PM
There is no doubt in my mind that the influx of meseta has pushed the number of Protransers far higher than there would be on PC, I'm just saying the bad economy facilitates all classes a good deal. Some more than others obviously, but I'd put my money on cultural differences more than anything. Not exactly in the same vein as Akaimizu was thinking, more along the lines of the American desire to be the best. I won't go into detail (lest a flame ware breaks loose), but suffice to say the individualistic American society plays a big role, at least on the state side servers.

And yeah, definitely the doublesabers.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Sychosis on 2007-01-20 13:00 ]</font>

DummieAcount
Jan 20, 2007, 04:27 PM
On 2007-01-20 05:42, Rizen wrote:
Its funny...someone ran up to me and said

SomeBrainCast: "Wow! An extinct species!"
Me: "Err....What?"
SomeBrainCast: "You are the 4th Protranser I've seen!"
Me: "Me? Oh right..."

C'mon people! Don't let Protransers die out! Donate a trap!

I am both shocked and offended that you did not remember my name!

EC_Subbie
Jan 20, 2007, 04:34 PM
I'm surprised some people don't see Ranger types... There's often one other gunner in any party I'm in, besides myself.

Palefire
Jan 20, 2007, 05:36 PM
On 2007-01-20 12:59, Sychosis wrote:
There is no doubt in my mind that the influx of meseta has pushed the number of Protransers far higher than there would be on PC, I'm just saying the bad economy facilitates all classes a good deal. Some more than others obviously, but I'd put my money on cultural differences more than anything. Not exactly in the same vein as Akaimizu was thinking, more along the lines of the American desire to be the best. I won't go into detail (lest a flame ware breaks loose), but suffice to say the individualistic American society plays a big role, at least on the state side servers.

And yeah, definitely the doublesabers.

It's mostly the doublesabers. They love their guns over there, (Dead To Rights, Devil May Cry and Biohazard aka. Resident Evil, anyone?) but they love them some blades even more.

Japanese gamers also, as a whole, seem to like getting up-close-and-personal straight away. (My husband notes that he has a very Japanese-flavored playing style) OTOH, a lot of Western gamers prefer wearing down an enemy's strength first before moving in for the kill.

The nationally-favoured playing styles have mostly to do with military history and folklore respectively: American gamers have generally learned their styles from playing first-person military shooters such as Halo and Medal of Honor (if not actually in the military themselves, such as my brother and I) which feature more realistic, modern fighting. Japanese gamers learn theirs from folklore, where you have a lone samurai facing hundres of foes. (Think games like Samurai Warriors) In other words, we seem to prefer gritty realism, the Japanese seem to prefer the fantastic.

Of course, this doesn't explain the European styles very well. I can't really say much about them other than the UK national playing style, (since I used to live in Scotland) so I'll let them do the writing on that subject.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Palefire on 2007-01-20 14:40 ]</font>

Ryuen
Jan 20, 2007, 07:21 PM
I'm a figunner myself (Like everybody else. ;P) but I seem to be the only one so far that uses Dual pistols and crossbow. The dualies are a remainant of my days as a ranger. That was sooo fun with dualies...
I only know of two protransers and to be honest, they kicked ass! They were also odd folk, which brings me to the conclusion that the odd ones and weirdos (and I mean that in the nicest way possible. Honest!) play protransers.
And for those brave few that are protransers, I salute you! You kick ass! Set us up the bomb! XD

ShinMaruku
Jan 20, 2007, 08:37 PM
On 2007-01-20 07:29, JaiBlue wrote:

I am the AlFæder

zanotam
Jan 20, 2007, 08:41 PM
On 2007-01-20 16:21, Ryuen wrote:
I'm a figunner myself (Like everybody else. ;P) but I seem to be the only one so far that uses Dual pistols and crossbow. The dualies are a remainant of my days as a ranger. That was sooo fun with dualies...
I only know of two protransers and to be honest, they kicked ass! They were also odd folk, which brings me to the conclusion that the odd ones and weirdos (and I mean that in the nicest way possible. Honest!) play protransers.
And for those brave few that are protransers, I salute you! You kick ass! Set us up the bomb! XD

Yes, us Protansers SET UP YOU THE BOMB!

ShinMaruku
Jan 20, 2007, 08:43 PM
So your terrorists? :E

HFlowen
Jan 20, 2007, 09:01 PM
GAH! I created an account JUST to talk about protransing. What do you mean I'm "odd"!?

ShinMaruku
Jan 20, 2007, 09:04 PM
Japanese people are odd Terrorists.. maybe.. :E

Sexy_Raine
Jan 20, 2007, 09:04 PM
Let's see:

1. Figunners
2. Fortefighter
3. Fortetecher
4. Fortegunner
5. Wartecher
6. Guntecher
7. Protraser

Pretty much all I see are beast/cast fortefighters and figunners. A lot fNewman Fortetechers, I don't blame them for not choosing another class. Fortegunners which are made of like 80% male cast, so I'm glad to be unique by having a female human Fortegunner instead. Everything else I don't see too much.

HFlowen
Jan 20, 2007, 09:06 PM
Meh, no one gives Protranser a chance. They take one look at the initial stats and freak.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: HFlowen on 2007-01-20 18:07 ]</font>

ShinMaruku
Jan 20, 2007, 09:08 PM
Protransers are those with balls. The fact that you like em should make the number of them irrelivant. tis your enjoyment ya know. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif

HFlowen
Jan 20, 2007, 09:13 PM
I encourage people to not go for protranser, just because I like being a commodity. =P

ShinMaruku
Jan 20, 2007, 09:45 PM
On 2007-01-20 18:13, HFlowen wrote:
I encourage people to not go for protranser, just because I like being a commodity. =P

Wise man...