PDA

View Full Version : Preferred Battle PM?

Pengfishh
Jan 20, 2007, 05:33 AM
Whatchu like, eh?

JaiBlue
Jan 20, 2007, 06:01 AM
Dosen't matter to me, all the little sluts are just gonna out damage you eventually.......

Remedy
Jan 20, 2007, 07:03 AM
450, baby. She spams resta so I can keep spamming damaging technics! http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif

-Shimarisu-
Jan 20, 2007, 07:19 AM
On 2007-01-20 04:03, Remedy wrote:
450, baby. She spams resta so I can keep spamming damaging technics! http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif

FOs should not be a DPS class.

Sydney
Jan 20, 2007, 07:22 AM
450 is the best for Hunter and Ranger, but force types I would go with 410 or 420 for the damage they can deal. 450's Resta isnt as important if you can just cast it yourself, not to mention now you can buff your 410/20 for even more damage.

I havnt tried a 430/40 type, so I dont mean to cut them out. Just going by what I know.

Remedy
Jan 20, 2007, 07:30 AM
On 2007-01-20 04:19, -Shimarisu- wrote:
FOs should not be a DPS class.Go back to PSO where that sentiment was factual, or STFU and accept that, god forbid, we can actually do something other than support.

-Shimarisu-
Jan 20, 2007, 07:36 AM
On 2007-01-20 04:30, Remedy wrote:

On 2007-01-20 04:19, -Shimarisu- wrote:
FOs should not be a DPS class.Go back to PSO where that sentiment was factual, or STFU and accept that, god forbid, we can actually do something other than support.

Trouble is, you can do both at 100%, there's no sacrifice made. Looking forward to the nerf you'll no doubt get, in the meantime I'll keep raising my fortetecher as my easy noob cannon for solo. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif

Remedy
Jan 20, 2007, 07:40 AM
<Edit: Retracted. Not going to derail this thread. My apologies, OP.>

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Remedy on 2007-01-20 04:40 ]</font>

-Shimarisu-
Jan 20, 2007, 07:42 AM
The trouble is, you don't have to make 50% weapons. 50% weapons being a 1/100 rare article.

Forces are the easiest class in PSU, and 450 is the absolute worst PM for them. They HAVE resta, and should be inclined to use it.

450's damage capacity is terrible compared to 410 and 420.

bob02
Jan 20, 2007, 07:47 AM
I got a 420 with my newearl WT

Alisha
Jan 20, 2007, 08:13 AM
if 450's resta is as AWESOME as maya's i'll pass. i'd rather have extra melee power anyways. or one of the gun pm's

Akaimizu
Jan 20, 2007, 08:22 AM
My preference is purely based on exactly what my character is, and how I build her/him. For battle, I choose an appropriate PM to balance my character's overall strategy. For now, it's the 420. A general hunter-class battle PM which works Independantly. Willing to go out a bit and seek a battle. The 410 is nice if you want to keep em close as much as possible, but in general, I'd rather the PM wander a bit due to the small fact of my Ranger/Force status in which I don't want any of them near me. I beat a ForteTecher for HP and maybe a few points of Defense and Evade, but hardly anybody else. Even the lack of MST makes enemy techs scary as I've seen more (status effect on the first time any tech touches me) than I've seen just about anywhere else.
I prefer to be as untouched as possible.

Most of the other PMs of non-melee class generally expect me to actually "get in" and fight. Not exactly a smart move for me, I only do it during times I really feel I can get away with it, or out of lack of any other option.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Akaimizu on 2007-01-20 05:28 ]</font>

Remedy
Jan 20, 2007, 09:26 AM
On 2007-01-20 05:13, Alisha wrote:
if 450's resta is as AWESOME as maya's i'll pass. i'd rather have extra melee power anyways. or one of the gun pm's400 a shot, and she casts it thrice, plus now that they've fixed her, she casts it all the ruddy time.

petruseden
Jan 20, 2007, 11:17 AM
I made a 450 (im a fortetecher btw) just so i could make my own wands and rods ... I only recently started taking her out to go fight. She makes a pretty decent support for me when I am soloing and since she is about level 6 in her battle experience, thus her AI for healing has improved alot (im on PS2/PC) she was doing mostly nuking and badly at that lol ... Sure I see the other Lolibots doing in the 200+ damage while mine does maybe 120 on a good day.. However in the end Im still having a blast with her.

Supporting Shims claim that there are better PMs for a Fortetecher or a FO to have .. there are... If thats the only thing you were raising it for was combat, mine wasnt the case as you can see. However being a FT who can solo C to A missions I really dont care, I stick Vyrrl (my 450) and Laia in my solo parties all the time just to make it not seem so "quiet" when I am by myself. And out of all the Loli-bots I have seen 450 has some of the most halarious speech patterns, she is such a little smart mouth! http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/anime1.gif

Sooo ... 450 dosent help my performance much, but she dosent hurt it either.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: petruseden on 2007-01-20 08:19 ]</font>

Rashiid
Jan 20, 2007, 11:35 AM
450's, spamming spells that pwn

Witchblade56
Jan 20, 2007, 01:06 PM
Blargh wtf wont mine do it? I mean my lowbie character is like level 7, does that have something to do with it? Also does she not spam when in pt with other people? Is she only uber when soloing? I'm really curious about this as the last time i took her out to play with she didnt do squat in as far as curing went for my friend and i.

I prefer my 410 that i have on my force character. While she doesnt aggro the mobs like a 420 claw PM she does awsome dmg. The only thing different is i have to run through a group of mobs for her to do her thing. Incidentally i don't stay put in one spot either I constantly heard the mobs around together spamming gi/debuff spells for skill ups.

I'm on PC/PS2 incidentally.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Witchblade56 on 2007-01-20 10:08 ]</font>

Lastat27
Jan 20, 2007, 01:46 PM
She makes a pretty decent support for me when I am soloing and since she is about level 6 in her battle experience, thus her AI for healing has improved alot (im on PS2/PC) she was doing mostly nuking and badly at that lol ...

Currently "Combat Level" (B St) does absolutely nothing for our PM's. This was tested months ago. Damage, Defense, AI, nothing improves when increasing B St "yet". My 440's B St is 92 and she is still as stupid as a Moatoob Truffle, still does 80 dmg with her shotgun and 110x2 with twin handguns.

My 450 on my alternate character has no problem healing me all the time. In some instances, where my PM is the only one even injured, she will heal herself, although rare. I noticed she likes to cast spells in pacts and won't try to heal you until she's finished casting Jellen for the 8th time.

It's depressing, I want a 450 on my main now but do I risk 92 levels of B St? *sigh* Where's a hacker to bomb my PM when you need one.

Jae
Jan 20, 2007, 01:50 PM
I've seen a higher level 450 in action, so I'll have to vote 450. They're not spectacular, but they do cast a lot of fire techs and triple-spam resta when it counts.

My 410 is... ok. She serves her purpose in trying to tank while I nuke from a distance. She does decent damage and can take a moderate beating. She also doesn't disengage prematurely like the story NPCs do when you're far away.

I haven't tried out my own 450 yet. My hunter with that PM is still level 2. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/anime1.gif

Pengfishh
Jan 20, 2007, 02:06 PM
I love my 410. She's my little shadow that tacks on extra damage. She even started healing on the regular which I found somewhat strange.

Marik
Jan 20, 2007, 04:21 PM
Maya casts resta? Never seen her do anything except get beat down. I have a 450 on my Fortegunner and im going for the Front Line Knuckle PM for my force. So I guess i'll be making a 420 for now.

Weakness
Jan 20, 2007, 04:28 PM
I just use my lolibots for crafting...

My 410 is on my Hunter,
My 430 is on my ForteGunner,
And *shock* my 450 is on my Force.

I would rather have a real person over the not so great AI... but then again compared to some of the idiots I have met I would rather have a full party of Maya's trying to melee, or whatever the hell she tries to do.

imfanboy
Jan 20, 2007, 04:38 PM
I matched my PMs to my characters very carefully after looking at descriptions online.

My Guntecher/Fortetecher has a 410 - this is very handy, because I can run past an enemy mob, get her entangled with them, j/z the mob, and then inflict SEs/spam Dambarta while she mauls them heavily.

My Fortefighter has a 440 - the lightning SE is VERY nice for when she solos, I don't need additional DPS as a fortefighter, and ffs are tough enough that with good elemental % armors I don't NEED a healer.

My Figunner has a 450 - more because their personalities match, but she is very nice to have on the figunner.

My Wartecher has a 430 - sadly, the 430 is useless. Cute, but useless. I'm holding out for the 432; then again, this is my 'disposable' PM for when the 460s come out, or maybe she'll become a 420... I don't know yet.

I'd zero her, but 420s aren't cheap to raise. <_<

zanotam
Jan 20, 2007, 05:04 PM
430's are the lousiest wastes of money for combat EVA!

petruseden
Jan 20, 2007, 08:25 PM
On 2007-01-20 10:46, Lastat27 wrote:
Currently "Combat Level" (B St) does absolutely nothing for our PM's. This was tested months ago. Damage, Defense, AI, nothing improves when increasing B St "yet".

Ummm .. okay .. :shrug: then its all up to luck .. Some peoples PMs heal and some dont. Hurray for randomness. I guess my point was about 35-40% pointless after that correction. As for the B St ... what is the freakin point if it does nothing? oh let me guess.

"to make noobs ask questions!"

god i hate this *uckin' *hit sometimes, the people AND the freakin pointlessness of raising *hit that has no relevance to anything at all. Heh and people wonder why Im such a bitter stick-in-the-mud.

Here's to being a Fortetecher hermit. Im going back to my hole.