PDA

View Full Version : synthing myth

nooblet
Jan 20, 2007, 04:42 PM
Someone told me today that if you get diconnected while having something being made, you will fail that synth. Is there any truth to this?

Shade-
Jan 20, 2007, 04:46 PM
i believe it's if you disconnect as you are removing the finnished item. This is to stop people from taking it out, seeing the fail noise, disconnecting, and taking out said item untill it works.

Golto
Jan 20, 2007, 04:47 PM
Only if you get disconnected during the take out process. That makes it an instafail for obvious reasons. If you mean if you start a snyth that takes some amount of time and you logout then no. Like armor takes 5 hrs to make you logout and come back 5 hrs later it will not be an instafail.

nooblet
Jan 20, 2007, 06:17 PM
I mean if you are synthing something then get disconnected while waiting then the synth will fail.

Eliash
Jan 20, 2007, 06:19 PM
On 2007-01-20 13:47, Golto wrote:
Only if you get disconnected during the take out process. That makes it an instafail for obvious reasons. If you mean if you start a snyth that takes some amount of time and you logout then no. Like armor takes 5 hrs to make you logout and come back 5 hrs later it will not be an instafail.

EDIT: Just to make it clear...You can get disconnected, go on a vacation, log in and out 100 times all during and after the synth is ready and it won't matter. Only time you will have a problem is if you disconnect at the same time as when you take the item out.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Eliash on 2007-01-20 15:22 ]</font>

rena-ko
Jan 20, 2007, 06:20 PM
thats bull. some synths take up to 32 hours. and no, they dont force you to stay online all the time. just, as mentioned twice above, the issue when you disconnect while the taking out-process.