PDA

View Full Version : The Sori-Senba... is it worth it?

Thrash777
Jan 20, 2007, 05:52 PM
http://www.pso-world.com/items/psu/2/1069/sori_senba/

I really really REALLY want to buy one, but 360k in the NPC shops... ouch.

Should I wait for a good while (like about 2 months) before people start selling them for cheaper, and buy some other cool stuff in the mean time?

Or go for gold, and fork out my meseta for one piece of cool kit?

(I have 120k saved so far... I'm a third of the way there)

Dj_SkyEpic
Jan 20, 2007, 06:01 PM
It's worth it. I'm using one currently since I cant use yamata-senba ( lvl 70 with 2 dfp away ;-;) and I cant find Hiragi Senba yet.

Great alternative for any armor since it has 4 slots.

Jey
Jan 20, 2007, 06:01 PM
The price won't drop, because armor prices in NPC stores is basically the same as buying all of the materials/board from NPC.

It's actually cheaper from the NPC because there is no fail ._. unless you are wanting a higher ice%.

Ether
Jan 20, 2007, 06:05 PM
Bad armor, ice element is crappy overall since every stage with ice enemies also has fire. Use a sori-senba in bruces and people will ask you to get another armor

It might be good in a few weeks when "best mission ever" comes out and people want ice armor, but even then the store one will be sub par since it only has 11%

bob02
Jan 20, 2007, 06:07 PM
If ur wartecher or guntecher... sori-semba is the best armor for you...

drizzle
Jan 20, 2007, 06:25 PM
Of all the armor stats, the elemental % matters the most, and that's where the Sori-Senba fails. Unless you really want the slots, get something else.

Golto
Jan 20, 2007, 06:41 PM
Npc bought Sori is not that good unless you have some uber units.

Laranas
Jan 20, 2007, 06:44 PM
On 2007-01-20 15:07, bob02 wrote:
If ur wartecher or guntecher... sori-semba is the best armor for you...

Wartecher has a nice chunk of DEF so you can find stronger armors than the senbas later... but if you're anyother techer the Sori isn't a bad choice.

Unless you're running Bruce runs, then the Vanda's will kill you.

Emrald
Jan 20, 2007, 06:45 PM
I belive it's best to use a nutural armer becuase there's only one stage currently out that only has one type of elemnt enemies and that's lineir line...oh and i forgot the first chapter to episode two in the story mode

Laranas
Jan 20, 2007, 06:46 PM
On 2007-01-20 15:45, coolcat33333 wrote:
I belive it's best to use a nutural armer becuase there's only one stage currently out that only has one type of elemnt enemies and that's lineir line...oh and i forgot the first chapter to episode two in the story mode

Neudaiz Relics aren't out yet? It's only the light-only mission that gives 18 MP for 12 minutes of work (aka the spot before Mizu S and Bruce)

Ryuen
Jan 20, 2007, 07:39 PM
I think Sori-senba is best for Neudiaz runs as long as you can switch in between that and another armor for those bloody Goshins and okllas like a Hardline.
Really, I think it should depend on which planet you go to and the specific moment during a mission. Sori-senba makes a great "neutral" armor in Moatoob with a Mega Rainbow in the body slot until you meet those giant aligator-like beasts that are fire element along with vandas. Then switching to a hardline is best even though you'll won't be able to use that mega rainbow that was in your sori-senba. Sori-senba in Parum and Bruce's dungeon is practically asking to be killed due to the numerous fire enemies around.

Dj_SkyEpic
Jan 20, 2007, 07:50 PM
On 2007-01-20 16:39, Ryuen wrote:
Sori-senba in Parum and Bruce's dungeon is practically asking to be killed due to the numerous fire enemies around.
It's not actually a death note if you are closely immune to alot of things already. You're only going to die if you're head-on with the mob's with the advantages against ice element.

Players must learn to avoid those fire bursts and etc. to keep themselves away from danger.

I've been wearing Sori-Senba ever since it came out. I don't carry an armor to switch through for resistance but this is a good strategy for gameplay.

But for most people- If someone kicks out of a Bruce's Dungeon team just because you have a weak elemental armor for that place doesnt mean you should do it. They dont know how you play and they aren't considering that. So why consider partying with them? You have a mass of players standing outside in await of a team.~

ljkkjlcm9
Jan 20, 2007, 07:51 PM
I'm all about the slots, it's the most important thing to me, so yes, I find it to be useful

THE JACKEL

Nani-chan
Jan 20, 2007, 08:00 PM
Distovas and koltovas (Possibly Ollaka and Goshin) don't really count as monsters.. Half the time they are running away from players. Hope this doesn't come out as eletist, but I don't think these are life dangerous monsters to Wt/Gt. I'd say even the De Ragan is not a huge deal, since most players learn to avoid the fire breath (which isn't instant kill either) and can alway cure after the tail flail.

I guess Vanda teams, possibly Jarbas, and those "alligators" may be trouble to the Sori-senba Wt/Gt user. Still seems to be a great improvement over my previous gigaline armor however.