PDA

View Full Version : I need an Alteric!

Magitek_X
Jan 20, 2007, 07:41 PM
One that isn't horribly overpriced like all Kubara based weapons currently are. Anybody want to sell me a fair priced Alteric?

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Magitek_X on 2007-01-20 16:42 ]</font>

Shade-
Jan 21, 2007, 12:37 AM
I'd just like to point out that all kubara items are overpriced for fair reason. First, thier synth rate is much lower, and more importantly, depending on avialibality, the cost for the wood alone for an alteric can bee anywhere from 200k-500k. Factor that into the low synth rate and you've got yourself an expensive bow. I failed 5 of 6 alteric attempts very recently, with a maxed ranged PM. The cost to me for that single bow is over a million. That's not even taking into account that I went out on a limb and ground it to +5.

If you want to get me the wood and other materials, I'd be more than happy to attempt it for you, but with my track record, you'd probably be better off just buying an "overpriced" one.

Eksukallybahr
Jan 21, 2007, 03:10 AM
how much do you want it for?

Magitek_X
Jan 21, 2007, 11:43 AM
Which materials do you need? I've got money for materials.

I don't mind Alteric's being expensive. That's different than seeing non-grinded Alterics selling for 1~2 million meseta selling in player shops.

Eksukallybahr
Jan 21, 2007, 12:21 PM
I always sell +4's for 2 mil, its in my shop, I'll have some up tomorrow.

Magitek_X
Jan 21, 2007, 02:53 PM
I'm not paying 2 million for an Alteric. I don't have that sort of money, not yet anyways.

Pikadrew
Jan 21, 2007, 03:22 PM
alteric +4 for 2mil sounds pretty fair to me..What were you expecting to spend?

Remedy
Jan 21, 2007, 04:21 PM
I remember back when unground Alterics were 20k-ish, and I bought a +5 for 60k.

Those were the days... *sings wistfully*

Holo
Jan 21, 2007, 05:08 PM
wow do you guys realize how easy alterics are to make. do some c missions lik LL C get kubara wood easy and even on my armor PM i still have a 39 percent chance. Really its your lazyness that is costing all you guys money. (first you too lazy to do get you own phtons now your too lazy to get kubara wood) I really dont feel sorry for anyone who pays these ridiculous prices.

Neith
Jan 21, 2007, 06:45 PM
Alterics aren't easy to make, you need SEVEN Kubara Wood per synth- even if you have 99 Kubara Wood, that's only 14 synths, and hunting Kubara Wood is a nightmare, unless you really love spamming LL C.

Prices rise because of inflation, due to h4x Meseta. People are gonna have to deal with it, or synth their own. I price mine fairly cheap when I get them, and when I say cheap, I mean 625-650k range. Because of the stupid shop prices for everything, people are caught in a chain reaction- I have to bump up prices because the materials are costing me more.

Holo
Jan 21, 2007, 07:40 PM
On 2007-01-21 15:45, UrikoBB3 wrote:
Alterics aren't easy to make, you need SEVEN Kubara Wood per synth- even if you have 99 Kubara Wood, that's only 14 synths, and hunting Kubara Wood is a nightmare, unless you really love spamming LL C.

Prices rise because of inflation, due to h4x Meseta. People are gonna have to deal with it, or synth their own. I price mine fairly cheap when I get them, and when I say cheap, I mean 625-650k range. Because of the stupid shop prices for everything, people are caught in a chain reaction- I have to bump up prices because the materials are costing me more.

Yeah well considering most people can runaround in LL C with a handgun and 1 shot everything you people really are lazy, i'd rather waste 5 minutes running LL then paying 25k for kubara wood same goes for photons.

Eksukallybahr
Jan 21, 2007, 07:44 PM
Ok lemme just do the math for you then >.>
Kubara wood 50k each x 7 = 350k
Random other synth mats 50k
That's 400k per synth, and usually 1/3 breaks during synth, so (400k X 3)/2 = 600k
Grinding it to 5 usually breaks 1/2 so (600k x 2)/1 = 1200k or 1.2 mil
So yea...there you have it, 1.2 mil to make an Alteric, and that's usually, I dont even wanna talk about the times when I break 5 alterics in a row just trying to get +4.
Shops are more expensive than you making one because of this, you only need 1 or 2 bows, there's no sense in synthing 10, and grinding them all, because again you only need 1 or 2, so other people go out on a limb and make them in large quantities and sell them for a profit (otherwise, why would we do it?).
If you still think they're too expensive, go make 10 alterics at 400k a piece, break 3 in synth and grind 7 yourself and see what happens. Really hope you dont hit a bad luck streak and break them all.

And that's not counting the price of +8 or 9 grinders (which is what I used and still broke 1/2)

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Eksukallybahr on 2007-01-21 16:46 ]</font>

Holo
Jan 21, 2007, 07:47 PM
Well unlike you I am not lazy and i go out and find my kubara wood (easy to find) and save myself 350k

Neith
Jan 21, 2007, 08:56 PM
On 2007-01-21 16:40, Holo wrote:
Yeah well considering most people can runaround in LL C with a handgun and 1 shot everything you people really are lazy, i'd rather waste 5 minutes running LL then paying 25k for kubara wood same goes for photons.

5 minutes a run. Assuming you get one Kubara Wood every 2 runs (which is what I seem to average at), that's 14 runs, which equals 70 minutes. Sorry, but I can't run Linear Line C for over an hour, to synth ONE Alteric- Id much rather spend my playing time actually getting EXP in S-Rank, and buying the Kubara Wood from the playershops.

Just, not at 1 million Meseta a piece. Anymore than 5k a piece is daylight robbery anyway. So yeah, I pity anyone who pays 25k a piece for Kubara Wood.

Sure, Kubara Wood drops everywhere, but its totally random- some nights I'll get 5 or more, other nights I won't get one piece. Shop scouting is much more practical use of my time.

Magitek_X
Jan 21, 2007, 09:12 PM
On 2007-01-21 16:00, Nukei wrote:
If you still don't have one, I'll give you one for free..

My saviour!

Ultra
Jan 22, 2007, 08:28 AM
I've synthed 8/12 Alterics(lucky me) and have 1 +10 and 2 +6's to show for it. I broke 3 before grind 6 and the rest going from 6 to 10. Most people sell them high because of all the risk involed...not to mention the stupid prices for wood and grinder+10's. Grinders are a pain as well...I've synthed many hundreds of them and never got a batch of 10's :/

MomoHana
Jan 22, 2007, 12:48 PM
Mew, http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/anime1.gif Alteric + 7 if you want to trade .

Jae
Jan 22, 2007, 12:59 PM
On 2007-01-22 05:28, Ultra wrote:
I've synthed 8/12 Alterics(lucky me) and have 1 +10 and 2 +6's to show for it. I broke 3 before grind 6 and the rest going from 6 to 10. Most people sell them high because of all the risk involed...not to mention the stupid prices for wood and grinder+10's. Grinders are a pain as well...I've synthed many hundreds of them and never got a batch of 10's :/

Haha. The only two Alterics I've ever tried to grind broke from 6 to 7, and 7 to 8 respectively. Then out of sheer boredom, I buy a Hikauri and grind it to +10 on the first try. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_mad.gif

I have another Alteric sitting in storage ready for the grind olympics once another 3-luck day is out. In the meantime I'm using a crummy Hanmateric. At least it rarely misses heh.

As for the OP, I'm currently making a ranged PM specifically because of stupid Alteric prices. You're welcome to use it for free once it's done, but it won't be done until the end of the week because of my work schedule.

Wheatpenny
Jan 22, 2007, 01:23 PM
I might have a +7 Alteric still let me check my gear. Mabee we can work out a trade.. I have 2 ungrinded also. Mabee wana work out a trade?

Keiya
Jan 22, 2007, 04:27 PM
Hell I'll make three attempts at an Alteric if you provide the Kubara wood. I'll even get the board to make it! As long as I can have one of the three if all three work.

If only one or two succeed, then you keep them. But if i go 3/3 then I get one. Deal?