PDA

View Full Version : Double sabers question

Aidan
Jan 21, 2007, 09:04 AM
well im level 27 now and i just got a fighgunners licease http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif and a was wondering are double sabers any good. i look at normal double sabers A rank and they atk is 200 and something my one handed daggers dos the same. so is it worth it saving up for them.

.P.S. im playing on the 360 english

bob02
Jan 21, 2007, 09:08 AM
why going figunner if u dont use a doublesaber?

-Ryuki-
Jan 21, 2007, 09:09 AM
Any weapon is good. It's really just based on preference. If you think wielding two swords is cool, then use them. According to worth of mouth, Assault Crush (2nd Twin Sabers PA) is really good. Since I dislike using Twin Sabers, I couldn't really give you a better opinion.

foamcup
Jan 21, 2007, 09:10 AM
Yeah, be a noob like all the other figunners....oh wait, I do know ONE figunner that actually used GUNS, but that person doesn't play anymore.

Reginaldo
Jan 21, 2007, 09:10 AM
That's what I would like to know, aside from the nice S rank weapon selection and the pp regen increase for skills and bullets, you need at least one double saber hehe...

-Ryuki-
Jan 21, 2007, 09:11 AM
On 2007-01-21 06:10, foamcup wrote:
Yeah, be a noob like all the other figunners....oh wait, I do know ONE figunner that actually used GUNS, but that person doesn't play anymore.

My FiGunner uses 2 Twin Handguns, and 2 Crossbows+Daggers.

There, now you know another.

Weakness
Jan 21, 2007, 09:15 AM

God forbid the only job that can even use the weapon uses it. In the description of the job it even says "Has a preference for melee weaponry" or some crap.

Why the hell does everyone feel the need to bash on FighGunner? Maybe it is just one of those...

"*cry* Someone who isn't a ForteFighter can do damage too!"

or maybe

"*cry cry cry* They can hit more enemies in normal swings then I can! It is unfair."

Jesus H. Christ, I have never once seen anyone bitch at a ForteFighter for not having a handgun, yet a job designed to use fast striking weapons gets pissed on if they don't have one.

-Ryuki-
Jan 21, 2007, 09:18 AM
On 2007-01-21 06:15, Weakness wrote:

God forbid the only job that can even use the weapon uses it. In the description of the job it even says "Has a preference for melee weaponry" or some crap.

Why the hell does everyone feel the need to bash on FighGunner? Maybe it is just one of those...

or maybe

"*cry cry cry* They can hit more enemies in normal swings then I can! It is unfair."

Jesus H. Christ, I have never once seen anyone bitch at a ForteFighter for not having a handgun, yet a job designed to use fast striking weapons gets pissed on if they don't have one.

I use a handgun on Ryuki, and someone told me that I SHOULD get bullets for it. I use neutral bullets, and have been, since lvl 1. 54 lvls later (this was sometime before I was lvl 60), someone tells me that I need bullets because it'll help out.

I do just fine with neutral bullets, and I only get lvl 10 bullets anyway. I see no point in using bullets, so.. why was I flamed by him, and his friend, for not using them?

Weakness
Jan 21, 2007, 09:25 AM
On 2007-01-21 06:18, RyukiZero wrote:

I use a handgun on Ryuki, and someone told me that I SHOULD get bullets for it. I use neutral bullets, and have been, since lvl 1. 54 lvls later (this was sometime before I was lvl 60), someone tells me that I need bullets because it'll help out.

I do just fine with neutral bullets, and I only get lvl 10 bullets anyway. I see no point in using bullets, so.. why was I flamed by him, and his friend, for not using them?

The real question is... were either of them FighGunners?

But you should use bullets. FighGunners get level 20 bullets (not 10 http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif), which I believe get level 3 SE's for twin handguns. The % increase from level 20 bullets would be noticeable, and nothing is wrong with level 3 SE's... just use Dark Shot or something so you don't have to worry about elemental crap.

Reginaldo
Jan 21, 2007, 09:30 AM
The majority of Fighgunners I have played with, including myself, use guns. You guys must have some crazy luck to see a Fighgunner using ALL double sabers. Oh wait, that's where the overexaggeration kicks in..

Give me a break.

-Ryuki-
Jan 21, 2007, 09:31 AM
Both of them were FiGunners. I'm a ForteFighter under Ryuki. Does he still need bullets?

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: RyukiZero on 2007-01-21 06:32 ]</font>

-Ryuki-
Jan 21, 2007, 09:31 AM
Double posted. Sucky.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: RyukiZero on 2007-01-21 06:32 ]</font>

Weakness
Jan 21, 2007, 09:32 AM
http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif ForteFighters don't need bullets.

Reginaldo
Jan 21, 2007, 09:33 AM
Oh, and by the way, Twin Handguns don't get lv 3 SE's.

Weakness
Jan 21, 2007, 09:36 AM
On 2007-01-21 06:33, Reginaldo wrote:

They don't? Could of sworn they did...

Well the % increase from level 20 bullets and level 2 SE's is still worth it. You can at least Burn/Freeze/Infect/Whatever you bullet of choice does, to regular enemies.

Shiro_Ryuu
Jan 21, 2007, 09:42 AM
I use a crossbow on my fighgunner if that helps.

Sakura123
Jan 21, 2007, 10:04 AM
I don't care if fighunner use melee weapons or guns, but please, if you are fighting enemies like Tengogh , Jarbas and flying enemies using Twin Guns is a must (and G burn trap them if you can afford) and the best DPS you can do on them. Don't gimp yourself using melee weapons on them when you have the ranged options. Same goes for Worms.

Getting knocked down and spammed with attack down when you can be shooting for 420+ damage each button press + giving status effect is a million times better and worms will die 2x faster.

For other normal enemies obviously using striking weapons and their PA's is the best choice and the best DPS.

Fighgunner is just a variation of Fortefighter that its speciality is also in melee weaponry but they also have the ranged options for when you need to kill melee resistant mobs and traps to make high hp mobs easier to kill.

People use to talk down on Fighunners are usually Fortefighter. They think that a fighgunner is a weak fortefighter and that fighunner should stop playing melee wannabes. What they dont realize is that the difference in atp between a same race forte and fighunner is around 60 atp not to mention fighgunner also get a nice ata boost.

If people are going to start demanding the fighgunner use guns for everything then you are asking fighgunners to gimp their damage.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Sakura123 on 2007-01-21 11:27 ]</font>

ZodiacNKnight
Jan 21, 2007, 11:07 AM
On 2007-01-21 06:36, Weakness wrote:

On 2007-01-21 06:33, Reginaldo wrote:

They don't? Could of sworn they did...

Well the % increase from level 20 bullets and level 2 SE's is still worth it. You can at least Burn/Freeze/Infect/Whatever you bullet of choice does, to regular enemies.

Single Handguns get SE3

princejake2
Jan 21, 2007, 11:52 AM
Single Handguns get SE3 at 21+, IIRC.

I'm a Fighgunner and I use a mechgun and twins. Granted, I'm usually lvling a PA of some sort so I don't use them very often, but after I finally cap my PAs I'll be back to using them alot.

Aidan
Jan 21, 2007, 02:06 PM
ok So...... are double sabers any good like do they deal damage http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif

Laranas
Jan 21, 2007, 02:26 PM
On 2007-01-21 06:08, bob02 wrote:

That's how I see it, but only because my character can also be a fortefighter and fortegunner... meaning anything else I could do as Figunner can be outdone by another class.

Sakura123
Jan 21, 2007, 02:40 PM
On 2007-01-21 11:26, Laranas wrote:

On 2007-01-21 06:08, bob02 wrote:

That's how I see it, but only because my character can also be a fortefighter and fortegunner... meaning anything else I could do as Figunner can be outdone by another class.

The idea of fighunner is the options you have at your disposal.

You have the power of the lvl 30 Strking PA's and can use all melee striking weapons except Axe, crowd control tools, You get traps and you also get the powerful twin guns with lvl 20 bullets.

You have the tools to speed kill normal enemies, group of enemies, flying enemies, and melee resistant enemies (twin guns) and high HP enemies with ease(traps). Not to mention crowd control PA's.

Either of the 2 classes you mentioned don't have the necessary tools to do all that. Thats where the fighgunner comes into play.

ljkkjlcm9
Jan 21, 2007, 03:40 PM
On 2007-01-21 11:06, Aidan wrote:
ok So...... are double sabers any good like do they deal damage http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif

Double Saber's advantage is it can hit alot of enemies at once. If you're ever surrounded by like, 5-6 enemies, a single regular attack will hit them all. SO on big enemies with multiple hit spots, it'll hit every spot within reach. Basically, you're not doing a lot of damage each hit, but you're doing a lot of hits per attack. Never use one on one against an enemy, that's just not using the weapon correctly. I only do that when I spam the PA to level it.

THE JACKEL

eightball
Jan 21, 2007, 03:52 PM
I too am a fighgunner who uses the bulletmaster all the time...love those twin handguns... i do think the double saber is a great weapon too, but much better against mobs of smaller creatures then stronger larger creatures

-Ryuki-
Jan 21, 2007, 06:02 PM
I think people speak so greatly of the FiGunner class because of double sabers. If you take those away, what're the next weapons that a FiGunner can use, that would "take advantage" of its stats?

Guns are good on a FiGunner. I was able to do about the same amount of damage with a gun, than I was doing with another weapon of the same strength.

Shaidar
Jan 21, 2007, 06:30 PM
Heh, as mentioned it's all a matter about taste. Personally, I don't see a reason to not use a Double Saber (unless you think they're ugly that is), just like I can't see a reason that you *have* to use them. They're great for area damage, especially when you get surrounded. On high def target that you can't do multiple hits on, the shortcomings of Doubles are painfully obvious though. So in those situations I want an alternative.

I'm more into Twin Sabers (crowd control ftw) than anything else, but I've also got a bunch of Doubles and guns ready (Hi Demons Above!). I use guns just as much as I do melee (since I always fire away whilst moving in/out).

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Shaidar on 2007-01-21 15:32 ]</font>

Flwl3ssCowboy
Jan 21, 2007, 09:11 PM

I use guns ;-; dualies and a 2 handguns infact

Can't believe there'd be Fighgunners who dont use guns...That's practically one of their best weapons, the double saber is pretty good too, spiral dance is a good PA (the one Lou uses)

VanHalen
Jan 21, 2007, 10:37 PM
On 2007-01-21 06:15, Weakness wrote:

or maybe

i use handguns alot more then i use melee

ljkkjlcm9
Jan 21, 2007, 10:41 PM
I have two 9* twin handguns, two 9* crossbows, and two 9* machineguns, basically meaning the only ranged weapon I don't use, is the single handgun.

THE JACKEL

Reiichi
Jan 21, 2007, 10:44 PM
In the middle of a mob a figunner can do the most DPS without using any PP with the double saber. It's that awesome.

They lack any form of SE3 save G traps, but twin handguns are one of the best weapons for DPS and provide mobility.

A figunner is just like a fortefighter only without quite as much atp and hp and dfp and that 20% less PP usage. You won't be able to spam PAs as much, but with the double saber you won't need to. For spike damage there's always the spear, twin sabers for crowd control, twin daggers for tagging, etc. It's a very good job overall.

Don't rely solely on double sabers, but it should be a part of your arsenal unless you are big on PA spamming nonstop.

Rashiid
Jan 21, 2007, 11:27 PM
on mah [former[ fighgunner, i barely used mah double saber, only reason i went fighgunner was for good melee w/ double pistols, luv me sum double pistols

not every job hasta use every weapon they can

my fortetecher, i dont use bows, spears, sabers, or daggers of any sort, just rods, 1 rod, and a card

twysted
Jan 21, 2007, 11:44 PM
i have a few double sabers and i like them i also have 2 srts of bullet masters and i just picked up a set of evil twins whoohoo..

Katachi
Jan 22, 2007, 11:55 AM
Lvl 39 Figunner, and my pallette consists of 3 Twin Handguns (for 3 different SE on pallette) two Rapiers of the primary elements of the area (and I use both PAs), and the higest PP knuckles I can equip (with the second PA) for huge amts of damage on larger enemies. That's it.

I carry extra rapiers and twin handguns so on an S mission so I can replace the empty ones on my pallette. I have single hanguns but I rarely use them. I played around with twin sabers, spears, daggers, and twin daggers as well and found the combo of weapons that works for me. Lots of setting shit on fire with Twin Burning, or poisoning with Twin Dark, and lots of damage with elemental striking and hard hitting PAs.

I"m interested in seeing Crossbow, Double Saber, Claws, and Twin Claws, but if I play em and decide I don't use them and still just use Saber/Twin Handgun/one huge PP striking weapon, I'll just switch job classes to the other one that has lvl 30+ PA S rank sabers and lvl 20+ Bullet S or A Twin Handguns.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Katachi on 2007-01-22 08:57 ]</font>

Garnet_Moon
Jan 22, 2007, 02:08 PM
I didn't bother reading the thread, but even Newearls with a Double Saber(until bone Dance, Nightwalker or Crea Doubles) can dish out some serious punishment with a moderately high % on the weapon.

You strike any four targets around you six times. Doesn't matter if they are in front, to the side, behind, whatever.
You don't have to lock-on.
You don't even NEED Gravity Dance or Spiral Dance to deal good damage with a DS. Just try for high %'s.
Don't gimp yourself by using only DS's. They shine when you run into a group of mobs(incidentally, they all fall over once the train called FG runs into them), but can be a bit lacking on solo mobs. Use every weapon at your disposal.

Seiryu(my lv69 fT9 Newearl) was a FG before Fortetecher, and I loved it. I only did fT because it looked fun. It is, but I love FG too much to neglect it any longer. The only ranged weps I can have are all 6 Dualies(I never use anything else anyway, even on my fG Alt), a PA for all the main weps I plan to use, and my entire line of "Haha, look at my DPS compared to yours you gimp!" spells. x_X

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Garnet_Moon on 2007-01-22 11:09 ]</font>

February
Jan 28, 2007, 01:11 AM
Basically this is my take on the double sabers.

Before they were unlocked I had two favorite weapons, Daggers and Swords. The Swords were a little slow for my taste, and the daggers could be a little weak, but the speed made up for it. The Double Saber is somewhat in between the two. It has the range of a smaller sword and the speed is closer to the dagger.

So far, they're my favorite weapon