PDA

View Full Version : Accidentally deleted my character

DLShAdOw
Jan 21, 2007, 01:39 PM
Is there anything I can do? This just happened like 5 minutes ago.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: DLShAdOw on 2007-01-21 10:52 ]</font>

Sychosis
Jan 21, 2007, 01:41 PM
Nothing to do but prepare a proper funeral.

My condolences.

Maridia
Jan 21, 2007, 01:42 PM
I would say no. Considering it gives you the option to cancel out of it even if you do happen to accidently choose the create option.. no. That'd be your responsibilty and I guess you're screwed.

Hope it was a low level one, man. :/ That's harsh. Be more careful next time, I suppose. Sorry that happened.

DLShAdOw
Jan 21, 2007, 01:44 PM
Bah. It's not really the character that i'm sad about. My mag was just about to hit it's 2nd evolution on it's way to being a little healer. Oh well I guess that justs give me more reasons to play a great game and my techer and ranger http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif

...and the money since it's a bit more rare on 360 http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_frown.gif

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: DLShAdOw on 2007-01-21 10:48 ]</font>

AlieNxxxxxxxx
Jan 21, 2007, 02:04 PM
lol... idiot

DLShAdOw
Jan 21, 2007, 02:09 PM
Shut up and go away, you are basically desecrating my characters grave you dumb noob.

hypersaxon
Jan 21, 2007, 03:05 PM
It's impossible to "accidentally erase" your character, even if you get to the creation screen you can back out and your character will still be there.

You obviously made a new character over an old one, and therefore it's no one's fault but your own.

DarkAeon
Jan 21, 2007, 03:07 PM
On 2007-01-21 11:09, DLShAdOw wrote:
Shut up and go away, you are basically desecrating my characters grave you dumb noob.

Don't tell him to go away, by creating your post you gave him the opprtunity to voice his own opinion.

DLShAdOw
Jan 21, 2007, 03:08 PM
I know it is my fault you fool, but it was still an accident becuase i was splitscreening my tv to watch the international car show at the same time while abusing character creation to make wands. and i ACCIDENTALLY selected the wrong box while not looking and went through with force character creation, so therefore it was an accident. STFU!

zanotam
Jan 21, 2007, 03:09 PM
On 2007-01-21 12:08, DLShAdOw wrote:
I know it is my fault you fool, but it was still an accident becuase i was splitscreening my tv to watch the international car show at the same time while abusing character creation to make wands. and i ACCIDENTALLY selected the wrong box while not looking and went through with force character creation, so therefore it was an accident. STFU!

hey don't be THAT mean to him. I'd be your friend, but i'm on Pc so i can't help you out http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_frown.gif

Kelevra
Jan 21, 2007, 03:10 PM
I lament for your loss.

DLShAdOw
Jan 21, 2007, 03:12 PM
Thank you.

DarkAeon
Jan 21, 2007, 03:23 PM
1. Don't call ME a fool, when did i say its your fault? Good job readind what i said.
2. Read my post again buddy i didnt say anything offensive.
3. Don't tell me to STFU just because i'm right and your wrong.

foamcup
Jan 21, 2007, 03:28 PM
OWNED http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_lol.gif

Sychosis
Jan 21, 2007, 03:28 PM
On 2007-01-21 12:23, DarkAeon wrote:
1. Don't call ME a fool, when did i say its your fault? Good job readind what i said.
2. Read my post again buddy i didnt say anything offensive.
3. Don't tell me to STFU just because i'm right and your wrong.

I believe he was responding to hypersaxon.

DarkAeon
Jan 21, 2007, 03:29 PM
Guess he should've quoted =/

Sychosis
Jan 21, 2007, 03:34 PM
On 2007-01-21 12:29, DarkAeon wrote:
Guess he should've quoted =/

True enough. Quoting makes the world go 'round.

Koro
Jan 21, 2007, 04:02 PM
Wow this community got like no respect for each other. This was an accident that he was aware of and he admitted to it.. For fuck sakes he jus wanted to know if you could bring it back.. a simple NO would suffice and think twice before voicing an opinion. If it does no good why bother? Like honestly, grow up. Callin him a NOOB will do what again?? Oh right, it'll somehow bring his char back... Gotcha.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Koro on 2007-01-21 13:03 ]</font>

Gazette
Jan 21, 2007, 04:05 PM
That blows dude...
I know how you feel though, I feed my 50% 7* dagger to my PM a while back D:
If you need any help on your new character, just ask...

Koro
Jan 21, 2007, 04:07 PM
Yeah, and btw, if you're on PC/PS2?
I could help you out with ur new char..
that is to say if you need help.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Koro on 2007-01-21 13:07 ]</font>

imfanboy
Jan 21, 2007, 04:41 PM
The only thing that makes me laugh is that I ALMOST deleted my character too - actually got all the way to the naming and saw that it wasn't CHUMPCAST but Champagne - I backed out as quick as I could and breathed a sigh of relief that I hadn't erased her.

EphekZ
Jan 21, 2007, 04:50 PM
owned much?

natewifi
Jan 21, 2007, 04:50 PM
How did you etleast not get the feeling of "maybe i chose the wrong character that i am going to remake, I better go back and check to see."

No offence but theres no other way of explaining how you "accidentally" deleted your character, than out of just plain stupidity.

natewifi
Jan 21, 2007, 04:52 PM
But on a side note, no you cannot bring your character back sorry http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif

EC_Subbie
Jan 21, 2007, 04:55 PM
Oh well... time to move onto new and better games then.

DLShAdOw
Jan 21, 2007, 06:20 PM
It wasn't stupidity, i just have done character creation so many times that i have the button sequence memorized. I was also split screening my TV and watching the international car show so i wasn't even looking at PSU really. So it was an accident.

Dhylec
Jan 21, 2007, 08:25 PM
That was sad. Hopefully, you'd be more careful next time.

SabZero
Jan 22, 2007, 09:04 AM
Hey, it's no harm to ask SEGA about it. They might be able to do a rollback on your account (or even just the character). I sure hope they make regular backups of customers data... Just ask for your options.

Kuea
Jan 22, 2007, 10:47 AM
no offense... but I knew this was going to happen to you... and you are stupid for letting it happen!

I have made over 1000 characters with character creation, and I have never went over the wrong character, but I have a trick for me to prevent that <_< I name the ones I create ""Char's name" Cast 001" and go higher with each I create to make sure nothign bad happens http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_eek.gif like this "Eclair Cast 001, Eclair Cast 002, Eclair Cast 003" Ect. Ect.

yeah I know renaming it each time takes longer, but it's only 4 seconds longer, and it's very good protection against what happened to you http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif

sorry about your char though, good luck on gettign it back to where it was before http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_eek.gif

oh and a small tip from reading your replies Kool-aid, don't be such an ass D: I tried to word that better, but as always I suck with english

SuperRygar
Jan 22, 2007, 12:56 PM
first of all, losing a character sucks big hairy monkey balls

second of all, did you really expect everybody to hold your hand and tell you everything is going to be alright? HAH

some people are just A-holes, and when they see someone admitting to doing something that you did they're going to call you out on it. its human nature. if your going to publish something like this expect criticism. ignore it and move on. dont be such a pussy

Axel3792
Jan 22, 2007, 01:13 PM
Let's have a funeral.

Genobee
Jan 22, 2007, 01:23 PM
LOL the community has no respect for one another? No we just don't respect utter stupidty

1. He's a moron for doing it the first place

2. Even if it could be fixed, WTF can we do about it? Does he want us to do cry for him?

3. The forum has a search function, he could have looked up 1 of the 30 topics on this subject through out the forum and answered his question

4. He could have searched the Offical Forum

5. He could of e-mailed the only people who could fix this problem, SEGA

there, thats 5 reasons why he's dumb, this topics is dumb and why the people who defened him are dumb.

so Grats on your loss and have a nice day,

love Genobee

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Genobee on 2007-01-22 10:26 ]</font>

Dhylec
Jan 22, 2007, 01:31 PM
It's a lesson to be learned. It's not pleasant, could have been avoided, even foolish, but let's not add oil fire.