PDA

View Full Version : Why are photons so high in price now? You can find them anyw

Nukei
Jan 22, 2007, 04:49 PM
Because they are all money hungry.

Cheeseycake
Jan 22, 2007, 04:49 PM
O.O; Really why so much O.o; I search around to buy ome whne i dont feel like doing missions and there so much I dont get it.

-Cheese cake<3

Cheeseycake
Jan 22, 2007, 04:50 PM
XD lol

BLACKR0SE
Jan 22, 2007, 05:00 PM
Because our economy is run by tards

Syanaide
Jan 22, 2007, 05:09 PM
Because of duped meseta.

I like it. Profit for me.

Ffuzzy-Logik
Jan 22, 2007, 05:57 PM
In before "Because you touch yourself at night."

SuperRygar
Jan 22, 2007, 06:00 PM
its been like that for a while...if you dont know the state of this economy go back under that rock you've been hiding and pray. FOR THE LOVE OF GOD PRAY!

Cassee
Jan 22, 2007, 06:10 PM
I think it's mainly because the 'economy' has become such that the only people really looking for massive quantities of photons are those with all the illegitimate millions of Meseta. (i'm sure there -are- people honestly looking in the player shops for them... or so hopes my conscience, at least)

Case in point, I literally had someone -tell- me to price my photons at 25k from the relatively tame 1k I had them out for at that particular moment. >_>;

rena-ko
Jan 22, 2007, 06:11 PM
you answered the question yourself already.
yes! its : cheese cake.

ah no, i was more aiming at the "whne i dont feel like doing missions" part.

people are lazy, lazy people go shady ways, shady ways wind you up with lots of money in this game, everyone is greedy and wants money easily, thus the high prices on high-demand items.

Almalexia
Jan 22, 2007, 07:04 PM
Knowing you could get paid well for the labor isn't motivating enough I'm sure.

I go to LL to farm photons, and I just fall asleep in my chair. *shrugs* Selling Upteline, Soldonium, and other mats do me just fine.

Para
Jan 22, 2007, 07:12 PM
Simple answer: The demand for instant gratification.

Mattardo
Jan 22, 2007, 08:14 PM
Para summed it up. Sure, synthers could go on hundreds of missions to get the photons they need or they could buy them. I was synthing for a while, and after some time, I ran out of photons. I then had to earn them from levels. It can be depressing to do some levels in search of certain photons, only to have your PM fail the synth. This is part of the game, however. For people who make and sell expensive armor and weapons, they would rather just buy them outright. Economy. What happens when Sega lets players open shops? It makes the experience of 'trading' more impersonal. Then there's no reason to not be greedy.

BoxerMcBoxe
Jan 22, 2007, 08:30 PM
PJ has some cheap photons.

Kimil
Jan 22, 2007, 08:45 PM
On 2007-01-22 17:30, BoxerMcBoxe wrote:
PJ has some cheap photons.

This is what I do when I find Cheap Photons:
-Buy em for their Price (350-1000 what ever it is, as long as its low)
-Sell em at my store for 35K-50K and guess what?They Sell and I make a good 30-40k per photon.

So... I sell 5 Photons that I fins on a run or in a player shop (30 mins of playing)and get anyweher from 150k-250k meseta and I use that to buy the Armours and Weapons. No Synthing for me, I like this, Its easier >_>

BoxerMcBoxe
Jan 22, 2007, 08:48 PM
PJ sells regular photons for like 300 last time I checked. Only Photons he had though.

ShadowDragon28
Jan 22, 2007, 08:54 PM
PM me, ill give u the name of my Alternate character that has a shop. i will sometimes have a few photons available, rays are 2000, all others under 800k. But they sale so dang fast lol.

Mattardo
Jan 23, 2007, 08:29 AM
I would certainly hope they are under 800k. Does anyone actually know what k is anymore? I find this in player shops as well: 20k for blah blah. Nope... Actually 200k.

ljkkjlcm9
Jan 23, 2007, 09:19 AM
let's see, the photons are really worth about 500 meseta. They're going for 50k. That's another 2 zeros. So, if I were a weapon dealer, I'd sell my 9* weapon for at least a mil or two, just to balance out. However, I don't buy photons, and I only make weapons for me really. I end up giving away the really low percents after I get a better one.

Either way, photon prices are high because of lots of meseta. Not because people will pay more for them, though they will, it's that people have bought TONS of 9* boards. Each board requires 10 photons, so they're in high demand. See, the rate at which you get photons would be enough so that if you made the 165k normally, you'd have at least 30 photons for those 3 synth attempts, but the fact that people can buy boards so easily, they don't have the photons to fill the spots.

THE JACKEL

Turambar
Jan 23, 2007, 01:50 PM
Because people are lazy and meseta are aplenty.

And note: number of cheese cakes baked in the last weeks, 10 and counting =D. I think parents are getting pissed off at me for using up all the baking mats though...... But the oven synths them so well!

McLaughlin
Jan 23, 2007, 03:56 PM
O___O

Photons on 360 servers are 40 meseta >_> (the decents prices anyway. They get up to around 100, that's where even the stupid people draw the line)

zSW1FT
Jan 23, 2007, 04:13 PM
Uh ...Okay. Heres how it works. PSU has changed from an economy that meseta has power in to it being boardline useless. People hack meseta, they cannot hack items. They make alot of money, they spend this limitless money on <ELEMENTAL PHOTONS>. They synth these elemental photons into weapons, over and over again. Hunters need good % weapons. They will keep synthing with all their hacked meseta buying mats until they have very high % 9 star weapons. Then they will be able to use these high % weapons as trade fodder for truely good items like armor slot items and boards. Essentially they use photons/synthing as a way to turn their utterly worthless meseta into true value item tradables.