PDA

View Full Version : How good does the PM G440 battle or help?

Cheeseycake
Jan 22, 2007, 04:58 PM
Thanks I would like for your answer =3

-cheeseycake<3

Akaimizu
Jan 22, 2007, 05:01 PM
A good question, especially considering that all of them supposedly improve, on their performance, based on their battle level. Would this question be based on their battle level at level 100?

Cheeseycake
Jan 22, 2007, 05:03 PM
Doesnt matter the lvl =3

Akaimizu
Jan 22, 2007, 05:06 PM
Hard to say. It's AI designation doesn't promote my character much at all, and that's all based on my own character makeup, as well. Perhaps, as a Wartecher, or perhaps some hunter-base that deals with stuff the 440 doesn't have, may have some better use. From what I remember, it targets the enemy you target and generally supports you.

As a Guntecher, myself; I generally will gravitate to the Hunter types, for support; as I built my character around the idea that a Hunter (Dr. Evil voice) "completes me". Though I guess that's not entirely true. It is my most *needed* companion, but I am a *party* player, mostly.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Akaimizu on 2007-01-22 14:08 ]</font>

Cheeseycake
Jan 22, 2007, 05:08 PM
Thanks for the help =3

pso123hrf
Jan 22, 2007, 09:34 PM
cheesycake<3

umm...if ur a hunter, GH-450
Ranger...
Force: GH-410-420

(its my opinion dont paintball shank me)

Lastat27
Jan 23, 2007, 12:57 AM
My vote: Really Bad

(Gosh I've typed this PM 440 info so many times now). My PM 440 has a lvl 98.5 Combat Level (B St). PM 440 uses Twin Handguns for 110 x2 dmg, and Shotgun for 80 x4 dmg. Her rate of fire is about 1 shot per 5 - 10 seconds making her DPS horrible. When she does actually shoot most mobs move out of the way causing her to miss.

Out of the five PM's I think she looks the best but is definately the second worst for actual combat. PM 430 being the worst. Accidentally shocking a mob with a Shotgun can't compare to the 600 dmg combo's a 410 can pull off, or the 300 x3 hp restas a 450 can do.

B St currently does nothing. It does not increase your PM's damage, defense, HP, AI or synth percentages. This stat is not implemented yet. The only thing that makes your PM stronger atm is your own level, since PM's are always 10 levels ahead of you.

Once your PM's B St is 100 though, it really doesn't matter which PM you own. You'll only be using her to solo, and since she's 100 already you don't need to worry about getting S ranks during missions.

[Edit] I'll also note that Ranger PM's 430 - 440 must enter into close combat with mobs before they actually shoot. (Anyone else see how this will be a problem for PM 444 with Grenade Launcher?) (O.o)

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Lastat27 on 2007-01-22 22:08 ]</font>

Pure-chan
Jan 23, 2007, 01:20 AM
Cheeseycake, what sort char are you planning on using a GH 440 with?

From what I've seen, the GH 440 is a good fit for a players who hang around at mid-range, (such as RA who focus on Twin Guns/Shots/Cards and FO who prefer to stay in the middle of everything with Gi and Dam techs + debuffs).

Please keep in mind that the GH 440 does not dish out much in the way of damage, so if you're looking for a PM that wallops everything in sight, you may want to look elsewhere (like a GH 410). On the other hand, having a PM that hangs back and shocks mobs is pretty nice. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/anime2.gif ...Plus the 440 seems more interested in attacking than the GH 430.

I like the PM. It serves it's purpose as far as I'm concerned, ...and it's pretty much your only chance at synthing a Phantomline. > .>;;

imfanboy
Jan 23, 2007, 01:44 AM
hmm.

My Fortefighter currently has my 440, and I must say that I'm moderately pleased with its performance in close combat.

Ffs don't really NEED an NPC to boost their damage output, but they do need someone backing them up, and shocking mobs is a tremendous help (IMHO). While a 450 WOULD be superior, my figunner has my 450 and I really wouldn't want TWO of them.

I just took her out soloing some Mad Creatures S, and she was helpful in another, unexpected way: Just like any ranger, she attracted a LOT of mob aggro. Guess what? She died several times.

But if I'm doing solo anything on my fortefighter to begin with, it'll be because she has 3 luck and I either 1) can't find any friends to play with or 2) am too greedy to share any potential drops. Guess what? In either case, I don't give a rat's ass about a PA Fragment.

There was one particularly amusing moment when both she and Leogini started healing each other. Not bad, too - filled each other up nicely. I think when they tinkered with the 450's restaing they also upped the rates for other NPCs... has anyone checked to see if Maya heals any more than she used to?

Spacepest
Jan 23, 2007, 04:27 AM
On 2007-01-22 22:20, Pure-chan wrote:

Please keep in mind that the GH 440 does not dish out much in the way of damage, so if you're looking for a PM that wallops everything in sight, you may want to look elsewhere (like a GH 410). On the other hand, having a PM that hangs back and shocks mobs is pretty nice. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/anime2.gif ...Plus the 440 seems more interested in attacking than the GH 430.

Agreed. While the GH440 I have may not deal out much in the way of damage, she does shock enemies alot. And she's alot moer aggressive than the GH430, from what I've seen.

I love my GH440, actually. Not only does she shock enemies, but I use her as a temporary meat shield for my wartecher, especially when I'm weapon/rod switching to get to my resta tech.

Xtian913
Jan 23, 2007, 09:45 AM
On 2007-01-22 22:44, imfanboy wrote:
But if I'm doing solo anything on my fortefighter to begin with, it'll be because she has 3 luck and I either 1) can't find any friends to play with or 2) am too greedy to share any potential drops.

Does the PM's luck actually factor into the drops? I thought only the leader's luck affected that.

Akaimizu
Jan 23, 2007, 10:32 AM
I was also curious about that luck factor thing. Unless it's some way to satisfy the engine, I wasn't sure what was the point of giving PMs luck when they could never affect anything. It would be cool if the luck worked, though.

Witchblade56
Jan 23, 2007, 12:08 PM
Blargh I have a level 4 hunter atm and my GH450 does no curng whatsoever :/

I thought the GH450 got fixed or is there a level cap where she will "kick in"?

Xtian913
Jan 23, 2007, 12:12 PM
Are you on the 360, Witchblade? As far as I know, the 360 servers havent received the 450 update yet.

Witchblade56
Jan 23, 2007, 12:48 PM
Nopers im ps2/pc