PDA

View Full Version : What are the best weapons...

Gothica
Jan 22, 2007, 07:32 PM
For a Guntecher? So far I have been sticking to Twin Handguns and thats pretty much it for offensive. I don't want to be limited in weapons sooo any tips? Also weapon names would be nice too. :3

Thankies~

Weakness
Jan 22, 2007, 07:35 PM
;;>.> As far as types of weapons I would have to say Twin Handguns, and a Wand + Crossbow combo.

http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/anime1.gif And as far as weapon names, just get 9* and be happy.

Koe
Jan 22, 2007, 07:35 PM
Crossbows
Bows(Level 4 Burn/Infection. Must have for any ranger job that can get it. I like bows better than rifles..)
Cards
Twinnies

Gothica
Jan 22, 2007, 07:47 PM
<3 Twinies. *pets her Evil Twins* Soon my pretty soon I'll be able to unleash you on the world. *cough* ahem...http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/anime2.gif

I'm kind of hesitent in using cards. I know I can off hand them with wands. Crossbows *drool* I'm considering those too. But I can't use them yet. Well not that i know off. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/anime2.gif

Dymalos
Jan 22, 2007, 07:48 PM
If you have the time to level the Bullets then the Crossbow is absolutely the best Guntecher weapon. Cards are a close second because they level faster and have better element.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Dymalos on 2007-01-22 16:49 ]</font>

Remedy
Jan 22, 2007, 07:49 PM
For my Guntecher-in-raising, my plans are:

Wand + Crossy
Wand + Crossy
Wand + Card
Bow
Bow
Laser

Devilot
Jan 22, 2007, 07:51 PM
Rifles or bows. You need SE Lvl 4.

Gothica
Jan 22, 2007, 07:54 PM
I'm not too sure about rifles, laser guns etc. I didn't like not being able to strafe. @_@;

NPCMook
Jan 22, 2007, 07:54 PM
Currently going with Wands, Crossbows, Dualies, Bow, and either Shotguns or Lasers

Devilot
Jan 22, 2007, 07:58 PM
On 2007-01-22 16:54, Gothica wrote:
I'm not too sure about rifles, laser guns etc. I didn't like not being able to strafe. @_@;

You're gonna have a tough time burning Tengohgs then. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_frown.gif

Reiichi
Jan 22, 2007, 08:00 PM
If you absolutely must strafe, crossbow for SE3.

Gothica
Jan 22, 2007, 08:02 PM
On 2007-01-22 16:58, Devilot wrote:

On 2007-01-22 16:54, Gothica wrote:

You're gonna have a tough time burning Tengohgs then. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_frown.gif

Never had problems with those. Just go in first person view and just shoot em out of the sky. =D

tomkat492
Jan 22, 2007, 08:03 PM
From a guy whos been guntecher since the first 5 mins of the Dec 8th update, I say its two handers. Rifles, bows, shotguns, and twin handguns. For offhanders, Im more of a machinegun or handgun kinda guy myself, but then again I'm too stingy to buy a crossbow or cards. Spell wise, I suggest stick to healing and buffing. Heres my current equipped weapons: Riflic, Falcon, Arb Biga, Handguc/Survivor, Magga Bar(I think)/Septara, Greasegun/Septara. Also, I think you should use 6* B-ranks untill you can make a total conversion to A(As in you have all As on your weapon pallette). One last thing, it could all be what YOU want to use, YOU make YOUR weapons good for YOUR class. Like people say shotguns are crappy, but I see ppl use em all the time, so its primarily personal preference, so if your class can use it and you like it, go for it.

I kinda contradicted myself at the end huh? Anyway, the inability to strafe with rifles/bows/lasercannons etc. when they hit, they push the enemy back, so you rarely need to move.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: tomkat492 on 2007-01-22 17:05 ]</font>

Gothica
Jan 22, 2007, 08:09 PM
I'll give em a shot. No pun intended! Right now I'm saving up to buy 2 more Evil Twins and 3 Deathmakers. And a card and xbow doesn't seem to be that expensive if I look in player shops. Thanks for the pointers!

Now armor wise..Any suggestions? Right now I'm pimping a zeetline and mega/rainbow thingy.

Koe
Jan 22, 2007, 08:11 PM
On 2007-01-22 17:09, Gothica wrote:
I'll give em a shot. No pun intended! Right now I'm saving up to buy 2 more Evil Twins and 3 Deathmakers. And a card and xbow doesn't seem to be that expensive if I look in player shops. Thanks for the pointers!

Now armor wise..Any suggestions? Right now I'm pimping a zeetline and mega/rainbow thingy.

Please. PLEASE try to use Rifles or Bows with SE4 Burn or Infection. :/

I can't make you, but on S missions and up they will do the most damage for you.
Especially on Lab, or Omna runs or something.

NPCMook
Jan 22, 2007, 08:14 PM
Personally I'd say choose 4 shooting weapons to really enjoy since there are 7-8 bullets per gun, that takes up 28-32 Photon Art slots, and then go with just healing and buff spells for the last few spots

As a Guntecher I'm not much for buffing since I usually tear through my guns and lack the desire to carry more than 2 wands

Twin bullets are expensive PP wise Post level 21...

Dymalos
Jan 22, 2007, 08:24 PM
I'm also a Guntecher, and I'm going to disagree with your assesment regarding 2 handed weapons. While I do use them (I have 3x Evil Twins and 3x Ulteris), I find that Crossbows and Cards offer superior damage output. My Ulteri does 490-515 w/ SE Lvl 4 damage on average sure, but compared to my Cuba Dunga which does 198-214 x3 w/ SE Lvl 3 with a faster rate of fire or my Mira-kikami which does 221-237 x3 w/ SE Lvl 2 without my having to aim, 500 kind of sucks. Still, I do use my Bow to lay down Infection and Burn on the larger monsters.

Dual Handguns are probably the biggest dissapointment, sure my Evil Twins do 224-239x2 w/ SE Lvl 2 but compared to the damage I can put out with a 1 handed weapon, I think that these have almost no saving grace. The last thing to consider is that there is a true benefit to using the 1 handers, and that is easy and quick access to your Wand to lay down anti/resta/buffs.

SolomonGrundy
Jan 22, 2007, 08:29 PM
On 2007-01-22 17:24, Dymalos wrote:
I'm also a Guntecher, and I'm going to disagree with your assesment regarding 2 handed weapons. While I do use them (I have 3x Evil Twins and 3x Ulteris), I find that Crossbows and Cards offer superior damage output. My Ulteri does 490-515 w/ SE Lvl 4 damage on average sure, but compared to my Cuba Dunga which does 198-214 x3 w/ SE Lvl 3 with a faster rate of fire or my Mira-kikami which does 221-237 x3 w/ SE Lvl 2 without my having to aim, 500 kind of sucks. Still, I do use my Bow to lay down Infection and Burn on the larger monsters.

Dual Handguns are probably the biggest dissapointment, sure my Evil Twins do 224-239x2 w/ SE Lvl 2 but compared to the damage I can put out with a 1 handed weapon, I think that these have almost no saving grace. The last thing to consider is that there is a true benefit to using the 1 handers, and that is easy and quick access to your Wand to lay down anti/resta/buffs.

advantage of dual handguns: You get and use them as a ranger, which means you will have bullets leveled.

also, are your dual handgun bullets 21+? I know crowsbow hits three times per shot, at a higher SE, but dual handguns should fire faster, and be able to rock first person mode.

NPCMook
Jan 22, 2007, 08:42 PM
On 2007-01-22 17:29, SolomonGrundy wrote:

advantage of dual handguns: You get and use them as a ranger, which means you will have bullets leveled.

also, are your dual handgun bullets 21+? I know crowsbow hits three times per shot, at a higher SE, but dual handguns should fire faster, and be able to rock first person mode.

You can also use Rifles are a Ranger...

Crossbows are great since they are a mini-shotgun while we have access to our wand

pso123hrf
Jan 22, 2007, 08:59 PM
http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_frown.gif you guys make me wanna go back and start playing it, but its so hard for me to level these days...

if I had a guntecher:

Wand + Crossbow
Wand + Card
Laser Gun (o.O)
Wand + Handgun
Rifle
Other

If only...

Dymalos
Jan 22, 2007, 10:02 PM
On 2007-01-22 17:29, SolomonGrundy wrote:

Yes, I have most of my Twin Bullets above 21. I also don't believe that Twin Handguns have a faster rate of fire. The way I test which of my weapons is best DPS is simple, I use each weapon with the same Lvl 30 Bullet which doesn't add a DoT (i.e. Earth, Ice, Shock, Light) and see how long it takes me to kill a particular monster of the opposite element with each of my weapons. Now I realize that some of my weapons are 9* while some are 8* and that might be skewing my results, hopefully I'll be able to round out my arsenal with all 9*, but I'm on Xbox 360 so that might take awhile. Using this test here are my results:

On a level 90 Polty using lvl 30 Earth.
From Fastest to Slowest:
1. Yak Diga lvl 30 (w/ Cuba Dunga, 8* Crossbow)
2. Jusei-shiki lvl 30 (w/ Mira-kikami, 9* Cards)
3. Twin Grav lvl 30 (w/ Evil Twins, 8* Twin Handguns)
4. Jisei-sou lvl 30 (w/ Ulteri, 9* Bow) {Depending on the Monster's DEF this can sometimes outdo the Twin Handguns)

Hopefully, I'll get my Mechgun Bullets up to 30 sometime soon.

NPCMook
Jan 22, 2007, 10:12 PM
wouldn't you get better results just using each of the weapons with a neutral element? since all the stats would be 100% Acc, 100% Att?

Dymalos
Jan 22, 2007, 10:24 PM
On 2007-01-22 19:12, NPCMook wrote:
wouldn't you get better results just using each of the weapons with a neutral element? since all the stats would be 100% Acc, 100% Att?

Uh... no. I fail to see what such a test would prove. The amount of ATT ACC and Element % that the Bullets for each of these Weapons have is completely relevent to their damage output.

NPCMook
Jan 22, 2007, 11:21 PM
Well if you are looking for Raw Power, then you wouldn't need the Elemental %s

Dymalos
Jan 23, 2007, 12:09 AM
On 2007-01-22 20:21, NPCMook wrote:
Well if you are looking for Raw Power, then you wouldn't need the Elemental %s

I never said I was looking for "Raw Power". I find the entirty of your suggestion rather absurd. In fact, what I'm looking to test is maximum power, or rather which of the weapons available to a Guntecher are capable of putting out the most damage over a given amount of time. What exactly would I gain by testing the weapons with no bullet? No one goes around shooting things with no linked bullet, so it would be a useless comparison, some of these weapons, the Crossbows and the Cards especially are practically defined by their lvl 21+ bullets. Would you like to see a comparison of unlinked weapons? I'm pretty sure I could whip that up for you without even testing it in game. Here you go:

1) Bow
2) Dual Handguns
3) Cards (With no bullet it shoots only twice with each firing)
4) Crossbow (With no bullet it only shoots once, wow this the most retarded weapon ever with no bullet)

Y'see? There is no point.

NPCMook
Jan 23, 2007, 12:37 AM
Whoa now chief, there is no need to enter "Mommy he won't listen to me" mode, I was simply making a suggestion, I was talking about raw power, not maximum power.

Fine do the test you wish, but I was just making a suggestion... Calm down and wipe the tears away

Dymalos
Jan 23, 2007, 12:59 AM
Haha, look I wasn't looking to take any kind of tone with you. I'm simply trying to say that having the unlinked bullets would mean unduely handicapping two of the weapons, which require the higher level bullets before they can shoot multiple times in one firing.

DRO
Jan 23, 2007, 02:11 AM
Im a cast guntecher
I use
handgun/mach gun with a saber
handgun/mach gun wth another saber or dagger
dual handguns
rifle or bow
wand and handgun or mach gun
wand and handgun or mach gun

While I am a primary gun char I still love the knock down/back effect from sabers and daggers, especially with high %'s
wands for buffs and heal

but I do have to frequesntly change my pallet in mission to exchange the duals for unused ones

I like the crossbow very much bu have not dedicated too much time into lvling it ...still 1 shot ...

zSW1FT
Jan 23, 2007, 04:03 PM
Cards are better than twin handguns in most situations. Get some cards.
Crossbows are AMAZING. If I wasn't a forte-gunner and got shotguns I'd use a crossbow. Use Cards, Use Crossbows and a BOW. Bow is superior on guntecher I believe. Get those, stick to em. Bow with Dark or Fire. Ticking for 1300 with infect/fire is no joke and very needed. Bow also levels faster than rifle by far I believe <thanks SOA.> Cards are pretty much better twin handguns.

KILLBILL
Jan 24, 2007, 12:33 PM
single sabers are my fav

Gothica
Jan 24, 2007, 12:40 PM
I tried out cards. I like em. Since they're not fully leveled yet they don't do as much damage as my duelies. Now it would be awesome if they made Twin Cards... <_<

foamcup
Jan 24, 2007, 01:02 PM
On 2007-01-24 09:40, Gothica wrote:
I tried out cards. I like em. Since they're not fully leveled yet they don't do as much damage as my duelies. Now it would be awesome if they made Twin Cards... <_<

That would be silly. Also, totally awesome!