PDA

View Full Version : Update this Friday

Sinaku
Jan 22, 2007, 08:47 PM
I read somewhere that the Srank missions would be completely new, is this true? I'd just like 2 verify it, and if so, which new missions do we get?

Thanks in advance,
Sin

rena-ko
Jan 22, 2007, 08:48 PM
the official site only says "3 S rank missions and the next story chapter".

PJ
Jan 22, 2007, 08:49 PM
The next story chapter on Friday? Check please! http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif

EDIT: Only spelt right

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: PJ on 2007-01-22 17:49 ]</font>

ShadowDragon28
Jan 22, 2007, 08:52 PM
i hope one of the added mission is the Hive.

I need to find the rest-area shopkeep "Dalgan" so I can buy the Soru Udokku (saudok?) 6* kubara sword Board. I want that frakking sword!

A2K
Jan 22, 2007, 09:13 PM
I speculated on this myself a few days ago. I suspect new areas are opening this Friday, but there is no official confirmation on it.

http://www.pso-world.com/viewtopic.php?topic=133177&forum=20

As I said earlier, the problem with saying "three new S rank missions" is that we already have S rank missions for everything that's out there (aside from Bruce's and the story missions out so far).

Maridia
Jan 22, 2007, 09:18 PM
When the hell are we going to get the Moatoob ice area? ;-; Or the other Parum relics? or the train mission? This is killing me ;<

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Maridia on 2007-01-22 18:21 ]</font>

A2K
Jan 22, 2007, 09:23 PM
Well, if the Japanese update calendar is any indicator, the planetary SEED infestation missions won't be added for some time--this includes the frozen Kugu Desert variation.

If my speculation is correct, the train should be up this week, with Denes Relics coming the week following.

Remedy
Jan 22, 2007, 09:26 PM
Yep, it (should) be Linear Train, Drift Recapture (Moatoob, post-Dimmagolus), and HIVE 1 (Satellite of Darkness).

Maridia
Jan 22, 2007, 09:31 PM
No, not the seed mission.

I always saw all these screenshots of lobby areas up in the mountains and in snowy places. It's another area on Moatoob, I'm told. I want to go there. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_frown.gif

edit: Wait, drift recapture? SNOW DRIFT? <_< *glomps the hell out of remedy and dances off happily*

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Maridia on 2007-01-22 18:32 ]</font>

Invisus
Jan 22, 2007, 09:34 PM
How come this isn't on the front page? I rely on that for my infoz = (

Maridia
Jan 22, 2007, 09:35 PM
Cause it's only speculation right now. It'll be on the front page when it happens, or when there's an official announcement of the mission names, silly.

Rashiid
Jan 22, 2007, 09:37 PM
i loved those snow missions on moatoobin story, tha constant on-slaught of enemys for a lengh of tyme.....me n mah npc's were gettin our asses handed to XD

Remedy
Jan 22, 2007, 09:38 PM
On 2007-01-22 18:31, Maridia wrote:
edit: Wait, drift recapture? SNOW DRIFT? <_< *glomps the hell out of remedy and dances off happily*No, it's the underground lake in Moatoob.

Rashiid
Jan 22, 2007, 09:40 PM
0o0o the Tylor one?

Maridia
Jan 22, 2007, 09:48 PM

sad face.

Oh well, at least we'll get the awesome train and a shortcut to endrum.

Skuda
Jan 22, 2007, 09:51 PM
I'm quite looking forward to the HIVE mission. been hankering to kick so SEED butt. Been prepping my armor and weapons towards it for the past few months as well.

Rashiid
Jan 22, 2007, 10:01 PM
if i dont get sori-senba soon, ill be walking in there w/ 27% light armor...

can u say, "HA KANDII JUST GOT PWNED...AGAIN!"

ShadowDragon28
Jan 23, 2007, 06:31 AM
I'm most looking foward to the addition of "Sattelite of Darkness" i hope the rest area is the one with the shopkeeper that sales the 6 * kubara Sword Board "Soru U Dokku"... *crosses fingers*

Ether
Jan 23, 2007, 07:11 AM
On 2007-01-23 03:31, ShadowDragon28 wrote:
I'm most looking foward to the addition of "Sattelite of Darkness" i hope the rest area is the one with the shopkeeper that sales the 6 * kubara Sword Board "Soru U Dokku"... *crosses fingers*

Unfortunately, I don't think it is. The vendor is after the 2nd mission in the chain

Itsuki
Jan 23, 2007, 07:26 AM
On 2007-01-22 18:38, Remedy wrote:

edit: Wait, drift recapture? SNOW DRIFT? <_< *glomps the hell out of remedy and dances off happily*No, it's the underground lake in Moatoob.

It actually ends at the snow drift. Which appears to be the entrance to absolute zero once its added. (not that it has been added).

Assuming it follows the jp pattern (which it never does), heres the missions:
Linear Train: Sort of a parum version of Hakura. Lots of explody mechs and beasts. Thats it, all in a straight line. A few seed at the end to finish it off. Very high synth material drop rate. It also has 80+ mosnters on S, so it drops a few 9 stars.

Drift Recapture: First mission in that cave. Leads to the snowy outpost. The mission is hard to describe because all of the spawn patterns are so drastically different. Its basically a mix of everything on moatoob. Expect lots of bears. Its also very long, and very tiring. But it spawns Da Baren which drop Black Hearts.

Hive 1: Well, its hive. Uses linear line monsters on C through A. That means, very little megid until S. Two basic spawn patterns, you either get Dragons or Sorcerers (Gaozoran). Boss is a leader Carriguine. This means no kubara because that shopkeeper is in the NEXT outpost, not this one.

Maridia
Jan 23, 2007, 07:29 AM
Yay, thanks, Itsuki. I can always depend on Kesara :3

Wait, does that mean we get a boss fight? A proper final boss type fight that we can bring friends to? I've been waiting for so LONG. Do we EVER get the two form boss fight available to us in online mode to play with friends or is that just an offline thing. If so, lame. I loved fighting Falz and Flow with people. It was one of my favorite things.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Maridia on 2007-01-23 04:31 ]</font>

Remedy
Jan 23, 2007, 07:30 AM
Ah okay. My bad, thanks for the heads up, Itsuki. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_wacko.gif

I can't give info that's that detailed like you can because, well, I'm just working with a haphazardly translated version of JP Wiki and my own intuition. :3 I appreciate you coming in and patching up the holes in my knowledge.

Say, is there a guide somewhere for hunting Dabearen? I know a friend who wants a Black Heart bad, and I wouldn't mind a Te / Technic PP Save to test out. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_wacko.gif

Rashiid
Jan 23, 2007, 07:42 AM
i wonder if we get to fight the mutated scientist guy again...hehe, that part was frekkkyyyy

Solo_Wing
Jan 23, 2007, 07:44 AM
On 2007-01-23 04:29, Maridia wrote:
Yay, thanks, Itsuki. I can always depend on Kesara :3

Wait, does that mean we get a boss fight? A proper final boss type fight that we can bring friends to? I've been waiting for so LONG. Do we EVER get the two form boss fight available to us in online mode to play with friends or is that just an offline thing. If so, lame. I loved fighting Falz and Flow with people. It was one of my favorite things.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Maridia on 2007-01-23 04:31 ]</font>

i'v seen JP videos of groups fighting the final boss falkis(sp?). i only saw one of its forms but im assuming depending on difficulty u get his different forms also, much like pso.

Maridia
Jan 23, 2007, 08:30 AM
*offtopic boss music hijack GO* I'm also interested to find out which of the two forms gets what music. In the game music rip I have, it has one before the other, so I always assumed it was 1st form then 2nd form. The musics kinda sounded like that too. Then I saw a jp video of them fighting to what I thought was the first music, but people said it was the second form! I JUST WANT A FINAL BOSS FIGHT. ;-; And apparently, the boss fight in the hive story mission also has another music. How many forms does he friggin have? <_<

Anyway, back to the topic. I'm excited about the Train Mission. It may be kinda straight forwards, but I love the music that plays and those Dilla Greina are awesome. Not to mention it'll be REALLY nice to have 1 mission to go through to get to Endrum instead of 3. One of which that's often full of jarbas.

And Itsuki/Rem/Anyone, I keep hearing about this Absolute Zero mission. Which is that? That isn't a SEED mission, is it? (Probably not, as I think japan has it but japan doesn't have SEED missions yet) I was looking through my PSU guide (no, i don't require one, but i do so love guides, they're so pretty and full of awesome) and the only thing I could see was the ice seed mission where everything looked, well, frozen. The screenshots I saw from JP looked like they were in a snowy mountain area.

I'd rather not make a whole topic, so, what's Absolute Zero all about? :3

And man, why is it that I'm off for three days, and the one day I want to be off work, I have to go back?

god, sorry for the rambling, i'm just really tired

A2K
Jan 23, 2007, 08:45 AM
About the final boss and his music: He just has two phases. The first phase uses "The Hunt -The End of the Planets-". You'll know this one by the guitar. His second phase uses "The Vibe -The End of the Planets"--obvious choir in this one, very epic sounding. Both of these tracks are by Kenichi Tokoi. If I recall correctly, the third track (which might be the one you're confused about) is "The Last Story" by Hideaki Kobayashi, a portion of which plays in the final cutscene in offline Story Mode before the final boss. It starts out slow and epic and segues into a fast electronic beat at about 58 or 59 seconds or so in.

"Absolute Zero" is the name of the mission I mentioned above--the frozen Kugu Desert variation. It's not available online anywhere, but it is available as a free mission in either offline mode, I believe after completing Chapter 11.

Linear Train: Sort of a parum version of Hakura. Lots of explody mechs and beasts. Thats it, all in a straight line. A few seed at the end to finish it off. Very high synth material drop rate. It also has 80+ mosnters on S, so it drops a few 9 stars.

Seed, you say? Vances/Vitaces/Linear Line stuff or...?

Hotashi
Jan 23, 2007, 08:56 AM
Electric version of SEED Vance.

Ryo_Hayasa
Jan 23, 2007, 08:57 AM
On 2007-01-23 04:26, Itsuki-chan wrote:

On 2007-01-22 18:38, Remedy wrote:

It actually ends at the snow drift. Which appears to be the entrance to absolute zero once its added. (not that it has been added).

Assuming it follows the jp pattern (which it never does), heres the missions:

Drift Recapture: First mission in that cave. Leads to the snowy outpost. The mission is hard to describe because all of the spawn patterns are so drastically different. Its basically a mix of everything on moatoob. Expect lots of bears. Its also very long, and very tiring. But it spawns Da Baren which drop Black Hearts.

Black heart the armor or black heart the sword? Since the unit is a Tenora works item i would almost assume the unit but you never know.

Mewn
Jan 23, 2007, 10:33 AM
If offline is any indication, Rozenom will have Dilla Griena/Dilla Greena.

The translation is actually inconsistent on this, I think the monster itself has the latter name, but is referred to in Story Mode occasionally by the former. Might be the other way round though.

Akaimizu
Jan 23, 2007, 10:35 AM
I'm so not ready for the boss. While I'm sure I don't meet the level requirements, he'd probably instantly kill me once he goes all Disgaea on the party.

A2K
Jan 23, 2007, 10:40 AM
On 2007-01-23 07:33, Mewn wrote:

If offline is any indication, Rozenom will have Dilla Griena/Dilla Greena.

The translation is actually inconsistent on this, I think the monster itself has the latter name, but is referred to in Story Mode occasionally by the former. Might be the other way round though.

Hmm... that's about as "SEED" as a Zoona is a Shagreece, but understandable.

I thought perhaps ST would throw us for a loop and just randomly stick a room full of Delsabans, Pannons, and a SEED Vitace as they did in the underground plant in Story Mode, heh.

BlueFire2k5
Jan 23, 2007, 11:32 AM
Click here to go to the translation (click on "Information of mission transmission January 26th"). (http://translate.google.com/translate?u=http%3A%2F%2Fphantasystaruniverse.jp&langpair=ja%7Cen&hl=en&safe=active&ie=UTF-8&oe=UTF-8&prev=%2Flanguage_tools)

Looks like story mission with Maya, HIVE, a new linear line mission, and some mine mission on Moatoob (?).

A2K
Jan 23, 2007, 12:04 PM
On 2007-01-23 08:32, BlueFire2k5 wrote:
Click here to go to the translation (click on "Information of mission transmission January 26th"). (http://translate.google.com/translate?u=http%3A%2F%2Fphantasystaruniverse.jp&langpair=ja%7Cen&hl=en&safe=active&ie=UTF-8&oe=UTF-8&prev=%2Flanguage_tools)

Looks like story mission with Maya, HIVE, a new linear line mission, and some mine mission on Moatoob (?).

It looks like I was exactly right. Just thought I'd point that out. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_wacko.gif

Wheatpenny
Jan 23, 2007, 12:32 PM
I want linear train open.. I want a creasword board.

Shiro_Ryuu
Jan 23, 2007, 12:36 PM
On 2007-01-23 08:32, BlueFire2k5 wrote:

I'm totally stoked about this one now.

Akaimizu
Jan 23, 2007, 12:38 PM
Very interesting. I really need to do that next mission before I do that one. I'm curious as to the events that lead up to Maya's involvement. Plus I'll get her partner card then and I can relive the days of her multiple casting the same tech, over and over again, online as well. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif

Sorry, had to mention it. I just love the way she makes sure she gets everyone by casting her buff/debuff techs over and over again. (I've been known to imitate her casting antics, on occassion) I'd still love to see what tech causes the orbs to rotate around characters.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Akaimizu on 2007-01-23 09:40 ]</font>

buzyb77
Jan 23, 2007, 12:42 PM
http://translate.google.com/translate?hl=en&sl=ja&u=http://phantasystaruniverse.com/&sa=X&oi=translate&resnum=2&ct=result&prev=/search%3Fq%3Dphantasy%2Bstar%2BUniverse%26hl%3Den% 26lr%3D%26sa%3DG

We are Getting

Seed Mission
Train mission on parnum
Coal mission

and Story mission 4

I think theese are the name if not please help

And JP only server just get Story mission 7
And 4 more lazy programers S2 ranks

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: buzyb77 on 2007-01-23 09:45 ]</font>

Numnuttz
Jan 23, 2007, 01:04 PM
awesome ive been waiting for the train mission to pop up. i never have to do mad beast again now.

A2K
Jan 23, 2007, 01:31 PM
There's already a thread on the first page about this.
http://www.pso-world.com/viewtopic.php?topic=133441&forum=20&35

MarilynHanson
Jan 24, 2007, 01:05 PM
I'm sure there's somewhere I could go to look for this info, but I have no clue where that would be. So, who has ideas/knows for sure what will be included in the next patch? And when it will be? I'm still new to PSU, so I'm in the dark about a lot of stuff - glad to have PSOW to help though ^.^

BlueFire2k5
Jan 24, 2007, 01:06 PM
http://www.pso-world.com/viewtopic.php?topic=133441&forum=20&start=0&99#32

http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_wink.gif

bradsta6508
Jan 24, 2007, 01:15 PM
no its episode 2 of the story

MarilynHanson
Jan 24, 2007, 01:15 PM
Thanks ^.^
How do people know what's included in the new missions? Are they in story? (which I have passed up in favor of online play)

imfanboy
Jan 24, 2007, 02:16 PM
Yeah, play the offline story - it only takes about 30 hours to get through or so, (probably about 20 if you do it fast and have played online a lot so you know about synthing and grinding) and it really isn't so bad. I did it 2 weeks ago myself in a weekend-long marathon.

The voice acting is above average, it made me laugh out loud at several points, and it'll make you WANT to know what happens in episode 2!

Witchblade56
Jan 24, 2007, 03:40 PM
any clothing >.>?

Q_Anon
Jan 24, 2007, 04:21 PM
any clothing >.>?

Doubtful, they usually just sneak new clothes in with the larger updates, not the small weekly ones.

Emrald
Jan 24, 2007, 04:41 PM
On 2007-01-22 18:48, Maridia wrote:

sad face.

SHORTCUT TO ENDURM?!?!?!

Aaron777
Jan 24, 2007, 04:54 PM
oh yeah....so excited

Witchblade56
Jan 24, 2007, 04:55 PM
Thx Q

Was really hopin for more clothing options... specifically the black skin suit type from cubic girl ( ._.)

Zorafim
Jan 24, 2007, 06:50 PM
What? No maid outfit? I want my frills!

Also, with the maid outfit out, that would mean that the caseal commander outfit would be next~

_Vyser_
Jan 24, 2007, 09:00 PM
anyone know the japanese site that has the new outfits/parts we will get in the next large update?

Maridia
Jan 24, 2007, 09:07 PM
On 2007-01-24 13:41, coolcat33333 wrote:

On 2007-01-22 18:48, Maridia wrote:

sad face.

SHORTCUT TO ENDURM?!?!?!

I was told that the Train Mission deposits you at the plant just outside of Endrum, thus allowing you to do one mission instead of 3 to get there.

And I was also told by a friend that they thought we were getting the maid outfits this week. Not sure why he thought that, but hey. It'd be nice.

ShadowDragon28
Jan 24, 2007, 09:28 PM
Dang it... the second rest area/base after the second Hive mission?! Crap. *sigh* I hope ST adds it soon.

KG
Jan 26, 2007, 02:51 AM
is psu updating right now cause i cant get on:/ it says timed out try again later

Pengfishh
Jan 26, 2007, 02:52 AM
Yus, every Thursday at about this time. Expect it every Thursday at about this time.

buzyb77
Jan 26, 2007, 02:52 AM
yah its called weekly maintince......

KG
Jan 26, 2007, 02:54 AM
damm when is it goin to b over >.>

Mistle22
Jan 26, 2007, 02:57 AM
Is it just updating new S rank missions, or is it something good for a change?

VanHalen
Jan 26, 2007, 02:59 AM
new story mission

KG
Jan 26, 2007, 03:00 AM
but when is it over >.>

Jaden_Korr
Jan 26, 2007, 03:00 AM
In a few hours I guess

KG
Jan 26, 2007, 03:01 AM
dammit wtf

Criss
Jan 26, 2007, 03:01 AM
From what I read, they said it's new S rank missions, while we already have S rank available for all current missions, so I'm thinking they might be adding new missions. And judging from recent JP updates, we could be getting Linear Train, HIVE and such.

Just saying from various posts I read over the forum though. Nothing certain, just rumors.

Edit: Yeah, and that new story mission. ...reminds me I still haven't done Story Mission 3. >.>

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Criss on 2007-01-26 00:02 ]</font>

Skids
Jan 26, 2007, 03:06 AM
Story Mode 3 is fun one. Just make sure your preprare for war and I mean a war. Also theirs some spoilers in it if you haven't finish offline story mode just to warn you.

KG
Jan 26, 2007, 03:08 AM
dammit when is the maintaince over though ?

Mistle22
Jan 26, 2007, 03:13 AM
Hope its new levels, but I dunno why im complaining, I'm only lvl 20 http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif
I gotta do the story missions, might do 'em when the server comes back online.

Skids
Jan 26, 2007, 03:14 AM
Offical it takes 5 hours. So you got 3 hours and 47 minutes left to go. You might getlucky and then be done sooner but I doubt it.

R2D6battlebot
Jan 26, 2007, 03:15 AM
maintenance usually takes about 4-5 hours. you have to be patient and wait just like the rest of us. Play offline Extra Mode=P

KG
dammit wtf ok i can wait till i get home from work lawl

Senpai
be easy dude, the world isnt gonna end ya know http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_cheepcheep.gif

Genji
Jan 26, 2007, 03:16 AM
On 2007-01-26 00:08, KG wrote:
dammit when is the maintaince over though ?

Ends in roughly 4 hours.

EDIT: Beaten to the punch http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_lol.gif

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Genji on 2007-01-26 00:16 ]</font>

KG
Jan 26, 2007, 03:17 AM
lawl thats not it but....anyway

Reginaldo
Jan 26, 2007, 03:39 AM
Grammar and spelling?

Altaneen
Jan 26, 2007, 04:18 AM
Does anyone know what, if anything this update is bringing? thnx

A2K
Jan 26, 2007, 05:08 AM
http://www.pso-world.com/viewtopic.php?topic=133441&forum=20

LOTRLegolas
Jan 26, 2007, 05:37 AM
Im on the PSU site hitting the refresh icon every 4 min XD

Chris28
Jan 26, 2007, 05:44 AM
anyone know where the 3 new S missions are located?

Ether
Jan 26, 2007, 05:48 AM
Most likely...

Parum Train - West Parum
Hive - Colony 4th floor
New Moatoob Mission - The lobby you go to after beating either dimma or mine defense that looks like Bruce's

drizzle
Jan 26, 2007, 06:01 AM
HIVE (Dark Satellite C-S) & Parum train (Train Rescue C-S) up at least, the other should be moatoob caves.

HIVE S is 85+ monsters, and train is 80+, this should be good http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif

There was a patch as well. Some exploits fixed, I hope!

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: drizzle on 2007-01-26 03:06 ]</font>

LOTRLegolas
Jan 26, 2007, 06:04 AM
its online now

Para
Jan 26, 2007, 06:07 AM
heh the client got updated.

ACH
Jan 26, 2007, 06:19 AM
Did they change the PA:s on our servers now too or are they still the same?

imfanboy
Jan 26, 2007, 06:21 AM
Dus Daggas is still at 180% at level 20 for my Wartecher, so i'm guessing they didn't.

Darn, I wanted the ATA boost for the first axe PA too... Buu.

But on the plus side, new storyline mission up!

Ether
Jan 26, 2007, 06:22 AM
18 mission points for A ranking A rank hive, pretty good because its a very easy mission... except for the megid

Stixx
Jan 26, 2007, 07:21 AM
I just finished up blowing through all 3 new missions on C. The new lobby at the end of the new Moatoob mission is amazing...

Maridia
Jan 26, 2007, 07:37 AM
Okay, they have changed something with feeding your PMs. It now backs completely out of the menu everytime your PM eats something. That was a VERY annoying feeding session for someone who just woke up, let me tell you. *rubs eyes*

And AUGH DX I MUST GO TO SNOW PLACE TONIGHT

Kuya
Jan 26, 2007, 09:42 AM
At work now and I just checked out the train mission on C. Nice run - can't wait to try it out on S (when I find a reliable way to kill those robots (Stupid burn immune lol))

drizzle
Jan 26, 2007, 09:48 AM
Infection works on robots http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_wink.gif

The train mission is nice, and it's a nice shortcut to the Temporary Base as well! http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif

jizaboz
Jan 26, 2007, 09:59 AM
Okay, they have changed something with feeding your PMs. It now backs completely out of the menu everytime your PM eats something. That was a VERY annoying feeding session for someone who just woke up, let me tell you. *rubs eyes*

I THOUGHT I noticed a change in that last night! Just kinda shrugged it off though...

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: jizaboz on 2007-01-26 07:00 ]</font>