PDA

View Full Version : Pricing for synthed 9* items.

Yukichi
Jan 23, 2007, 10:08 AM
So, when I first started playing PSU, (about 2 weeks ago), I decided to give focus on evolving PMs. Now I am able to synth items at a decent success. My question is, are there people out there who would actually be interested in buying 9* weapons and armors I synth? Or do people prefer making the items themselves.

If people are interested, what would be a good price for items like the 9* rods, wands, and guns? And with the current insane pricing on elemental photons, what about 9* melee weapons? Since I am still very new to the game, and do not know the market at all, I would much appreciate any feedback and or advice people can offer. Thanks in advance for your time.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Yukichi on 2007-01-23 07:09 ]</font>

Syanaide
Jan 23, 2007, 10:09 AM
For force weapons, you'll want to sell under the vendor's price of the weapon, since unlike hunter weapons they're made non-elemental.

Pikadrew
Jan 23, 2007, 10:55 AM
Of course, all this is under the assumption that you're playing PC/PS2..

9* melee weapons all depends on the %. Anything under 18% I'd sell for around 300k. Seems like the fair market price of these. Anything over...well, that's where it gets tricky. I've seen some add 100k for each % addition which while that seems insane, the higher % really does make a difference. If you happen to get anything 38% or above, I'd keep it and trade for an item you need since meseta isn't really worth that item at that point.

dizzygiant2k2
Jan 23, 2007, 11:09 AM
i dont sell my 9 stars over 300k >.> if ya wanna fix the economy the best thing ya could do is let the cash over flow if ur pms already maxed like mine.

Kuea
Jan 23, 2007, 11:38 AM
whenever I buy weapons I usually go for ones that are the same price range, all the 9*s I have, which is 7 where all bought in the 300k price range.

my dagger, which is 12% lightning, was 350k. the rest of my weapons were guns and I paid 300-320k for them, so basically price things around 300k. and increase the price for melee weapons based on their elemental percent http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_eek.gif

as for armor, the only high armor I've bought was a 16% Phantom Line for 1 million, si I don't know much about the prices for those

Magician
Jan 23, 2007, 11:43 AM
Kinda funny, someone came into my shop the other day and said that the price was too low on a Giza-misaki I'm selling; a 9* Claw with 18% Ground for 165k. He was trying to explain how I was somehow "ruining" the 9* weapon economy, lol. I just told him that those are the prices I want, that my prices are the reason my store gets so much business.

Akaimizu
Jan 23, 2007, 11:53 AM
Ruining the economy. People shouldn't be so shallow. You sell them at what you think they're worth. That's what I say. In a lot of cases, if it wasn't so bad for you to make them, and you have the materials laying around; it might not take too much to turn a profit. One person doesn't make a big difference anyway. They just get buyers faster. It's like when CompUSA has one of those (we have only 15 units to sell) nearly impossibly priced items during a special sale. It doesn't ruin the real economy, it just simply has the fleeting moments when people flock to get the item until people can't find it at that price, anymore.

Yukichi
Jan 23, 2007, 12:51 PM
Alright. I'm probably going to be selling the things I make at about 300k-400k. I figure since it is usually 50% chance for success, it will cost about 250k to make the item, so I make a 50k-150k profit, which will allow me to continue to synth and sell items. I suppose I just have to hope the demand is there. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif

If anyone wants to get updates on what I am selling feel free to pm me, and we can discuss prices if desired.

Wheatpenny
Jan 23, 2007, 01:15 PM
I price 9* weapons based uppon a equation

Board cost divided by 3 =X

Materials for the weapon's synth =Y

Elemental% added% of weapon overall cost=Z

Failed synths on board material cost divided depending on # of sucess on board=K

X+Y+K+Z= Weapon cost in my shops..

In other words the more I succed the lower the cost.