PDA

View Full Version : Kagajibari [the rainbow beast]

Rashiid
Jan 23, 2007, 02:40 PM
im slow...i just read on psupedia that it cast the same element back at chu....

i was wonderin why i used ramegid it would spam dark spells n kill all of the party....

sorri if i was in a party w/ yall while doing this! lol

but...has anyone seen a different element besides dark and earth?

imma try casting zonde on it n see wat happens.....

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Rashiid on 2007-01-23 11:41 ]</font>

Dj_SkyEpic
Jan 23, 2007, 02:44 PM
Cast Diga on it, it will throw diga right back at you while doing Gidiga, but his diga will be thrown too high so a chance of being hit by it would be very small` XD

Dhylec
Jan 23, 2007, 02:46 PM
It's called 'rainbow beast for a reason. I notice by dedault, it uses light attacks. If it blocks/puts up a shield with one of your elemental attacks, it will mirror that element.
Hit it with dark bullets & you'd see megids flying back at ya. ;]

Rashiid
Jan 23, 2007, 02:56 PM
wat if....u had a fire sword....would it cast foie?

BloodDragoon
Jan 23, 2007, 02:59 PM
Shield it uses seems to always be lightning element. IMO this change seems to have come about in a recent patch. I'd always hit the thing with dark element weapons and it wasn't until the last 1-2 updates that I can recall it spitting megid spells at me.

Akaimizu
Jan 23, 2007, 03:01 PM
I typically shoot it with ground bullets. Mainly because he's so incompetant against me, with ground. It's like a boss *you* can control. Heh heh.

SuperRygar
Jan 23, 2007, 03:16 PM
i think his behavior is different on different ranks. on C he just shot light attacks, and on B he was mixing it up. i dont remember that it was mirroring, but that sounds pretty cool

Almalexia
Jan 23, 2007, 03:19 PM
You want to use nothing but fire or ground against him. Thunder, Light, Dark, Ice and you're asking for trouble.

Xtian913
Jan 23, 2007, 03:31 PM
Wow, I feel dumb for never noticing that before. I shall never use Dark magic against it again!

BloodDragoon
Jan 23, 2007, 03:34 PM
If it makes any difference I don't think it's megid attacks carry the instant death chance. I stood and took a large number of them with my lv 20ish ranger and all it ever did was damage. The AoE effect that goes off with it seems to heal it when it does damage though...

Akaimizu
Jan 23, 2007, 03:41 PM
Not sure. As a Guntecher of my level, I haven't been able to chance any Megid. They kill me with at least a 50% ratio, so I do my best never to get hit with them. And if I do, absolutely try my darndest to not get hit a 2nd time.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Akaimizu on 2007-01-23 12:42 ]</font>

Jarek
Jan 23, 2007, 03:43 PM
Never knew it did that...haha Guess that's my random fact learned for the day.

Garnet_Moon
Jan 23, 2007, 03:44 PM
All Forces should only use dark spells and all Rangers should only use dark bullets on him.

Megid Dodge ball is fun and you all know it is.

Akaimizu
Jan 23, 2007, 03:45 PM
Not with MY MST. Even those two groups have a major advantage, in that game, against me. I already work hard enough dodging every other tech, I need to relax some time. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Akaimizu on 2007-01-23 12:47 ]</font>

Garnet_Moon
Jan 23, 2007, 03:46 PM
On 2007-01-23 12:45, Akaimizu wrote:
Not with MY MST. Even those two groups have a major advantage, in that game, against me.

Everyone wears 50% Light Yamata-senbas. Those are the rules of Megid Dodge ball.

Akaimizu
Jan 23, 2007, 03:48 PM
On 2007-01-23 12:46, Garnet_Moon wrote:

Everyone wears 50% Light Yamata-senbas. Those are the rules of Megid Dodge ball.

Hehe. Now that's a balancer right there. That's not just Megid Dodge Ball. That's Super Megid Dodge Ball.....(Hmm. Maybe that could make a good GBA game?)

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Akaimizu on 2007-01-23 12:49 ]</font>

rena-ko
Jan 23, 2007, 03:49 PM
megid isnt 100% instadeath in psu. nonetheless, dont use dark weapons or bullets or spells on it.

Dhylec
Jan 23, 2007, 03:50 PM

Geez Garnet, didn't know you're such a 'fun-loving' gamer. ;3

Akaimizu
No, it isn't 100% instadeath; but it's ratio is far more than I've ever seen in my 1000+ hours in PSO. Particularly on my character. That rate of instadeath is way too high to consider it just luck.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Akaimizu on 2007-01-23 12:50 ]</font>

Garnet_Moon
On 2007-01-23 12:48, Akaimizu wrote:

Hehe. Now that's a balancer right there. That's not just Megid Dodge Ball. That's Super Megid Dodge Ball.....(Hmm. Maybe that could make a good GBA game?)

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Akaimizu on 2007-01-23 12:49 ]</font>

I do that everytime I do Lab S, Mad Beasts S or Linear Line S. I would totally play it in handheld form too! <3

Jae
Jan 23, 2007, 03:51 PM
On 2007-01-23 12:31, Xtian913 wrote:
Wow, I feel dumb for never noticing that before. I shall never use Dark magic against it again!

Seriously me too. I always thought Rainbow Beast was just a master of all trades with a Build-a-Bear spin.

This totally explains why he sometimes goes completely nuts with Megid and dark aura, and other times he's as tame as a Poulty.

I think my noob factor just dropped by .5 points.

Gothica
Jan 23, 2007, 03:54 PM
I shoot the thing with Dark Bullets. He's yet to hit me back with a Megid attack. And when he does it only takes off about 25-50% of my HP.

Reiichi
Jan 23, 2007, 03:59 PM
It's always been element changing ever since I've known it.

Even on C it will use megid, and it was a lot of fun when I showed it to my friend as he got hit by it and died.

Every time I used to run to relics and would join a rainbow beast party to hop, I would chuckle to myself when I saw people use dark weapons on it. Hilarity ensues.

I prefer just using fire since I would have fire weapons on me anyways, and could just use fire armor. But dang, does he hit hard with his spin and shield attack :<

Kaydin
Jan 23, 2007, 04:14 PM
On 2007-01-23 11:40, Rashiid wrote:
i was wonderin why i used ramegid it would spam dark spells n kill all of the party....

Yes. Yes he will. I've got first hand experience with that on B rank. XD

On 2007-01-23 11:40, Rashiid wrote:
but...has anyone seen a different element besides dark and earth?

I would go for fire or zonde. Dark makes him shoot megid, ice makes him freeze you, and ground makes him deal alot of damage/possible silence. Not sure how you'd use light on him, but I'm guessing it would make him heal himself.

Edit: Made a comment about using Retier on him, forgot that was a buff not a debuff. x_x

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Kadan on 2007-01-23 13:17 ]</font>

Akaimizu
Jan 23, 2007, 04:33 PM
My experience is that his ground isn't all that great. He has only two attacks with it, and even worse, a straight Capcom-ish Megaman pattern. He throws a slow high-flying Diga at you, followed by a nice stomping Gi-diga. He then repeats said pattern ad-nauseum. If you spot the pattern, people barely get touched.

It's almost like he should have one of those Megaman boss-like intros where he stands there, moving his arms a bit, with the blue streaks in the background. Even funnier if he pauses on the last hit before exploding in Megaman fashion. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Akaimizu on 2007-01-23 13:34 ]</font>

redcell
Jan 23, 2007, 06:56 PM
For some reason, I thought this only applied to actual spell attacks. Imagine my horror when I thought to level my new dark-element bow attack and had two of my friends insta-killed by megids. Sorry guys T T;

Almalexia
Jan 23, 2007, 07:21 PM
On 2007-01-23 12:34, BloodDragoon wrote:
If it makes any difference I don't think it's megid attacks carry the instant death chance. I stood and took a large number of them with my lv 20ish ranger and all it ever did was damage. The AoE effect that goes off with it seems to heal it when it does damage though...

I have been killed by his megid before..

Rashiid
Jan 23, 2007, 07:22 PM
On 2007-01-23 16:21, Almalexia wrote:

same....

Gulkeeva
Jan 23, 2007, 07:23 PM
I'm guessing it atays on whatever element its using if you use a 0% element weapon on it... or does it resort to just physical attacks too? O_o

BloodDragoon
Jan 23, 2007, 07:26 PM

Meh wierd. I've never died to his megid on any rank and I don't even use dark element armor. Yet Jabra's and Deljabians seem to hit me with the effect quite often.

VanHalen
Jan 23, 2007, 07:37 PM
On 2007-01-23 16:26, BloodDragoon wrote:

[quote]On 2007-01-23 12:34, BloodDragoon wrote:

i died to a jarba yesterday when i was playing force. it was so funny since i just started the mission and that was the 1st monster i seen i think that mission lasted 15 seconds

Dj_SkyEpic
Jan 23, 2007, 07:40 PM
His Light element is tempting for you to use dark on him XD

Reiichi
Jan 23, 2007, 07:52 PM
if you just go neutral I think he just sticks to firing his light balls of sleepiness at you.

Megid like any other status effect doesn't seem to be reduced (as in how often you get hit by it) by elemental armor unless you can get it down to 0 damage. So if you take damage from megid, it's just luck of the draw. 44% light armor and I still get knocked asleep tons in agata. 50% fire armor and I am still as flammable as if I was made of paper.

First megid in the 3rd chapter story mission with lv 15+ megid bats hit me for 3 damage (44% dark armor) and OHKO me. I was REALLY not happy about that =p

Gamemako
Jan 23, 2007, 08:05 PM
You know, you guys could just co-ordinate your attacks by keeping your melee fighters behind him (he only spits megid forward) and have your gunners shoot from a safe distance. You'd be quite safe as well as be able to kill him MUCH more quickly.

SolomonGrundy
Jan 23, 2007, 08:11 PM
On 2007-01-23 12:49, rena-ko wrote:
megid isnt 100% instadeath in psu. nonetheless, dont use dark weapons or bullets or spells on it.

megids was not 100% death in PSO, either. in PSU it's worse, megids does damage AND can insta-kill.

Garnet_Moon
Jan 23, 2007, 09:05 PM
"I don't know if Megid killed me or the KO status but I don't like buffed Jarbas"

Tried to quote it from a Beast fF friend I did Mad Beasts S with recently. XD

Rashiid
Jan 24, 2007, 03:04 PM
wat if everyones spamming diff elements at once???

will it just explode?!!?! XD

DrWhistler
Jan 24, 2007, 03:54 PM
The Rainbow Beast will throw megid even if you dont cast it on him.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: DrWhistler on 2007-01-24 12:54 ]</font>

SolomonGrundy
Jan 24, 2007, 05:10 PM
On 2007-01-23 18:05, Garnet_Moon wrote:
"I don't know if Megid killed me or the KO status but I don't like buffed Jarbas"

I think ForteFighters have it the toughest. No traps, no freeze/shock, no DoTs, little ability to handle melee resitant monsters.

ForteGunners have traps and level 10 skills (so can use a weapon with a huge elemental adjustment)

ForteTechers, have bows (level 30 bullets, AND ignore DEF), and their techs apply SEs

Criss
Jan 24, 2007, 07:40 PM
What is the instant-kill chance on megid? I've been hit by megids countless times in different areas and by different monsters, and never got instant-killed. And I've never had dark element armors. So is the sudden-death effect on megid only on B+ mission ranks or was I just very lucky?

Almalexia
Jan 24, 2007, 07:47 PM

With it's kill all Dammubarta. I don't worry about it's megid -at all-. What I worry about is when it's going to pull out that jackassery of a tech.

Wheatpenny
Jan 24, 2007, 07:58 PM
Oh yeah and not to mention he has the dance skills of a Vill De Bear and will bust-a-move right in your face if you try knockdown.

Gulkeeva
Jan 24, 2007, 09:31 PM
On 2007-01-24 14:10, SolomonGrundy wrote:

I think ForteFighters have it the toughest. No traps, no freeze/shock, no DoTs, little ability to handle melee resitant monsters.

ForteGunners have traps and level 10 skills (so can use a weapon with a huge elemental adjustment)

ForteTechers, have bows (level 30 bullets, AND ignore DEF), and their techs apply SEs

Well he's the simplist thing to kill if you equip strong light armor and use light weapons. Although it may not be fast... to give you and idea...

His tornado attack (S rnak) hits about 120's, light spell is 0~10 damage, and any physical attack he does is about 30-60.

To a beast fortefighter at lv68... thats pretty much nothing because of the HP/regain

Maridia
Jan 24, 2007, 09:39 PM
That's why they made him a Light element. So people would try to use dark on it for more damage. Resulting in megid attacks. SNEAKY SNEAKY, SONIC TEAM. WE'RE ON TO YOUUU *shakes finger*

But yeah, I've seen him use just about everything. It's nuts when a whole party is using all different weapons with different elements. He doesn't know what to use. Rainbow beast, indeed. And yet, among all his evil spells, it's that DAMN TORNADO ATTACK THAT SUCKS THE MOST. That thing will kill you so fast in S it isn't even funny. Oh, my nanoblasts. Gone to waste.

Sad face.

BloodDragoon
Jan 24, 2007, 10:09 PM
I kill it easy with a cast Fortefighter. Just keep nailing it from behind and eventually it will give up, bend over, wrap it's arms around it's knees, and just wait for it... http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif