PDA

View Full Version : Boards?

Wolfmans55
Jan 23, 2007, 03:43 PM
I just got this game a few days ago. I'm a level 16 beast and getting to understand things but there's still something I don't get. Boards [B]. If you have the things it says you can make them but I don't get where and how. I want to make this Megaline shield instead of buying it for 18,000. The things you need are ??? photon, Dianaline, and Nanocarbon. What is a ??? photon? Where can I get it? Help please! thx

Jarek
Jan 23, 2007, 03:56 PM
That just means you can use any kind of photons: el, im, or the elemental ones. In case you don't know,
ban photon = fire
ray photon = ice
di photon = ground
zon photon = lightning
gra photon = light
megi photon = dark
If you want your armor to have fire resistance, you'd put in ban photons; dark resistance, megi photons, etc.
You can't buy them from NPC shops, and you sure as hell don't want to go looking around most player shops. I'd advise doing the linear line missions on C; they drop there often.

edit--
To be clear, you can't buy elemental photons in npc stores. El and Im photons you can for 200 apiece.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: psobsesser on 2007-01-23 13:00 ]</font>

JAFO22000
Jan 23, 2007, 04:00 PM
Also, if you have no clue about synthing, talk to your PM in your room. Read the tutorials it offers regarding synthing. This should clear up a lot of your questions.

Basically, a board is a recipe. You have to insert the board into your PM, then find the ingredients listed. (Photon, Dianaline, Nanocarbon). Once you have all of the "ingredients", make sure they are stored in your PM, then try to synth the armor. Good luck!

Dhylec
Jan 23, 2007, 04:03 PM
Welcome to the board. ;D
[B] itemname is a recipe to create that item. Gather materials to make it.
??? photon is any photon. It can be elemental or none.

Wolfmans55
Jan 23, 2007, 04:09 PM
Okay, thanks. Which photon would you recommend?

Eliash
Jan 23, 2007, 04:27 PM
??? Slots
Board with ??? slots can make weapon/armor in several variations depending on what is inserted into the slot.
??? Photon slot-Allows you to insert a photon. Will determine the attribute of the weapon/armor.
??? Wood slot-Allows you to insert a wood. Will determine what weapon is made, and the company that makes that weapon.

The Three Basic Photons
Photon-Used to make non-elemental hunter weapons.
Im-Photon-Used to make non-elemental ranger. (All ranger are non-elemental)
El-Photon-Used to make non-elemental force weapons. (All force weapons are non-elemental)

The Elemental Photons
Ban-photon-Fire attribute.
Ray-photon-Ice attribute.
Zon-photon-Lightning attribute.
Di-photon-Ground attribute.
Gra-photon-Light attribute.
Megi-photon-Dark attribute.

Armor Elements

Non-elemental
Strong against: None
Weak to: None
Fire
Strong against: Fire
Weak to: Ice
Ice
Strong against: Ice
Weak to: Fire
Lightning
Strong against: Lightning
Weak to: Ground
Ground
Strong against: Ground
Weak to: Lightning
Light
Strong against: Light
Weak to: Dark
Dark
Strong against: Dark
Weak to: Light

Weapon Elements

Non-elemental
Strong against: None
Weak to: None
Fire
Strong against: Ice
Weak to: Fire
Ice
Strong against: Fire
Weak to: Ice
Lightning
Strong against: Ground
Weak to: Lightning
Ground
Strong against: Lightning
Weak to: Ground
Light
Strong against: Dark
Weak to: Light
Dark
Strong against: Light
Weak to: Dark

Golto
Jan 23, 2007, 06:13 PM
Save your money and buy the armor. Armor snything when you can't earn a lot of meseta is not advised.

Reiichi
Jan 23, 2007, 06:27 PM
Unfortunately armor boards are VERY newbie UNFRIENDLY.

The base success rate is very poor, and even with a pure armor PM it is pretty poor. On the bright side having armor is not such a big deal. If you DO want to synth armor, I would suggest starting small like with a 3* busterline. Nanosilica drops often in Parum relics (like 4 per mission), which is probably what you typically run at your level besides deragan. I believe the base success rate is 55% and it uses 6 nanosilica amongst other menial things. A busterline also has 3 slots, head, arm, body, which is good for a beginner.

In regards to element, the best element to have early on is fire. Fire armor is great for all 3 planets. Beyond that it depends where you level.

Lightning armor and light armor are great for parum ontop of fire armor.
Ice armor is good for neudaiz ontop of fire. Light armor for agata relics.
Moatoob requires earth, fire, and ice armor typically.

Bosses you will face early on will typically require fire or light armor.

I would strongly suggest you do not try to synth a megaline or 4* armor for that matter. For one, the success rate is worse, and 2, it requires 6 nanocarbons which cost 2500 at the NPC. Nanocarbons also drop in parum relics, but at a very low rate in relics C, and not much better in relics B.

Also, try browsing player shops. They might have some premade elemental armors for cheaper than what the NPC offers.

Wolfmans55
Jan 23, 2007, 06:50 PM
Yeah, I checked but the first few I saw were bases. I'll take another look right now.

Reiichi
Jan 23, 2007, 06:54 PM
Unfortunately you will find a TON of [B] armors rather than the armor itself.

It might help to try searching by 'ad' when searching for actual armor.

Wolfmans55
Jan 23, 2007, 07:50 PM
I found a couple in some peoples rooms, the best was 10,000 which is 8,000 less than what it's sold at the shop. So if its there in the next few days I'll get it.

Wolfmans55
Jan 23, 2007, 09:10 PM
Also, I noticed I can only get Rank C weapons. When can I get A/B/S? What do I have to do?

Rasputin
Jan 23, 2007, 09:33 PM
Your stats will increase as you and your job level up. You level yourself by gaining experience and level your job by gaining Mission Points, which increase as the difficulty of the mission increases. When you have the stats, certain B rank weapons will become available to you. The weapons available are dependent on job type. Once you reach certain levels on certain job types you will be able to upgrade to an expert job, which allows for A or even S rank equipment. Even then, stats still decide whether you can equip a weapon.

Wolfmans55
Jan 27, 2007, 08:39 AM
This is my private question thread by the way http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif

-I'm a beast right, what weapon type should I get? Boxing gloves, single sword, duel swords, or a big sword?

-I'm level 19 and a level 4 hunter, should I be expecting anything awesome to come my way soon? Don't you become a beast at level 20? When can I get weapons that aren't shitty!! http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_frown.gif I really wish I could upgrade my pistol but the best I can get is an Autogun and the best sword I can get is a Falchion.

Bobkitty
Jan 27, 2007, 08:47 AM
It would be best for you to experiment with different weapon types, for example, many hate axes and many love it.. It really depends on your preference. Also that won't reeeeally matter too much until your out looking for S-rank weaps, in which you'll be restricted to expert-class exclusive S-rank weaps.

I wouldn't worry much about that yet though.. Just experiment with different weapons. As for the elements on your weapons, I'd wait and see what your most played areas are and get elements according to that area, and when you have more cash you can then expand your arsenal..

At lvl 20 beast, you should goto the make-over shop on the 3rd floor. There you'll get to choose from a few different nanoblast 'badges' each costing 10k. From that point on, everytime you fill that lil bar under your exp bar, you can press x + y (assuming your on 360 :S) to 'nanoblast'. Which is really awesome at first and later down the road more-so a 'tool'.

Edit: There are 4 'Badges'

-Adaka Val-Power(Pink/red)~HUGE power increase, but your unable to heal, your defense is greatly lowered and your MST(magic resistance) goes down to nearly nothing. As you get better at dodging, this to me would be the best choice, as you won't take much damage yet you'll certainly dish it out. This blast lasts 50 seconds.

-Zuido Val-Accuracy(Yellow)~ A popular choice next to the power nanoblast. You never miss a shot and apparantly your evasion is increased dramatically. You'll do some pretty decent damage but nothing like the power blast. Lasts 50 seconds

-Vunde Val-Invincibility(Blue)~ Kinda speaks for itself.. You just cannot take damage, you dish out a fairly decent amount, but nothing special.. Lasts 35 seconds.

-Boguo Val-Defense(Purple)~ Increases your defense DRAMTICALLY, while leaving you a fair amount of ATP to make this worth while while considering Vunde Val. Lasts 50 seconds.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Bobkitty on 2007-01-27 06:09 ]</font>