PDA

View Full Version : Human Ability..

Gryffin
Jan 23, 2007, 03:54 PM
Being as I and the majority of people Ive talked to think that the whole Crea usage is exception lame in comparison to nanoblasting and SUV's Ive thought of a few ideas for Humans and possibly Newmans as well.

Grinding ability-
Humans & Newmans past level 35 (40 maybe?) get better percentages when grinding items. Perhaps when synthing things as well?

Ill post more soon I have some ideas but all are in the developing stages.

Any more wishes?

BloodDragoon
Jan 23, 2007, 04:01 PM
To my knowledge Humans get some sort of small stat bonus as any hybrid class.

Rizen
Jan 23, 2007, 04:02 PM
Humans get stat bonus and 3 extra points in the sexy category.

Garnet_Moon
Jan 23, 2007, 04:02 PM
Newmans and Newearls:
Mahou Shoujo and Mahou Shounen Form:
-When in a -techer class their MST and TP double. Unlimited Spellcasting.
-When in a -gunner class their ATA and EVP double. Unlimited Ammo.
-When in a melee class their ATP and ACC double. Unlimited Special Move turns.

Newmans should get the better ability because they are fare more intelligent and ingenious to come up with it, and know how to use it. As for humans? Who cares.

This would break the game if it lasted more than 30 seconds. lol

Oh, and if it doesn't have an awesome 2 minute transformation sequence where the clothes disappear and get replaced with gradients as their barrier jackets appear, it won't be worth it. ~_~

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Garnet_Moon on 2007-01-23 13:04 ]</font>

VanHalen
Jan 23, 2007, 04:03 PM
we should get a kick ass sword that shoots energy beams when the energy gauge gets charged. its tenative name.....kick ass beam sword and i will only allow this sword if only humans and newmans get it.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: VanHalen on 2007-01-23 13:11 ]</font>

Reeses
Jan 23, 2007, 04:10 PM
There is a reason why humans dont get anything guys... it's because they are just...normal. Thats why they made beasts (for brute strength), Newmans (to do all the things requiring neurons), and Casts (...well, who dosent want a robot friend).

Humans and Newmans getting Crea weapons to me is a poor substitute. I think humans should get absolutely nothing. What makes Crea weapons so special that no beast or cast hand can use them? Beats me. Newmans, i do think that they should get some kind of...i dont know, psychic mind beam...ish thing.

To me, there is a reason why beasts go into Nanoblast. Since they WERE designed to survive in the roughest of climates, and used for their strength, it seems completely fair that they have some sort of power up. Casts, well, it makes complete since that they have a satellite feedback...thing, that they can use to give them a huge gun out of no where. Newmans, like stated above, i think they should actually get something. But humans, notta, zilch, zippo. There is nothing special about you humans. Learn to live with it =)

<3

Reiichi
Jan 23, 2007, 04:11 PM
Humans and newmans just need their own version of a nanoblast/suv. I recommend one where they temporarily grow large angel wings, hover, have increased movement speed, attack speed, new attack animations, special PA combo, and uh yeah. I only wish that cuz it matches my character =p

edit: think valkyrie profile mmmmm

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Reiichi on 2007-01-23 13:12 ]</font>

VanHalen
Jan 23, 2007, 04:13 PM
but thats almost like haing whitll wings

Reeses
Jan 23, 2007, 04:13 PM
Ok, while venting to a friend over this topic lol, i came up with a solution:

Ok, so, since Humans WERE the ones who created the other species, wouldnt it make sence that their synthesis rates should be a tad bit higher? I mean, they DID create 3 other lifeforms... just a thought.

Gryffin
Jan 23, 2007, 04:15 PM
On 2007-01-23 13:02, Garnet_Moon wrote:
Newmans and Newearls:
Mahou Shoujo and Mahou Shounen Form:
-When in a -techer class their MST and TP double. Unlimited Spellcasting.
-When in a -gunner class their ATA and EVP double. Unlimited Ammo.
-When in a melee class their ATP and ACC double. Unlimited Special Move turns.

Newmans should get the better ability because they are fare more intelligent and ingenious to come up with it, and know how to use it. As for humans? Who cares.

This would break the game if it lasted more than 30 seconds. lol

Oh, and if it doesn't have an awesome 2 minute transformation sequence where the clothes disappear and get replaced with gradients as their barrier jackets appear, it won't be worth it. ~_~

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Garnet_Moon on 2007-01-23 13:04 ]</font>

I reeeaaaally like all of this idea except the part about forgot about humans >.>

I dont know, I really want something more for humans.. Id extremely appreciate an ability with an option involving unlimited traps..

At least I can dream.

foamcup
Jan 23, 2007, 04:21 PM
MAHOU SHONEN GO!

That would be so awesome, and when your character transforms, it would do one of the team poses for it's gender. The only special ability we would need is a HUGE explosion that kills all the enemies in every active game on every server at that point in time. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_lol.gif

VanHalen
Jan 23, 2007, 04:23 PM
On 2007-01-23 13:21, foamcup wrote:
MAHOU SHONEN GO!

That would be so awesome, and when your character transforms, it would do one of the team poses for it's gender. The only special ability we would need is a HUGE explosion that kills all the enemies in every active game on every server at that point in time. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_lol.gif

instant level up!!!! that'll piss off all the beast and CAST lol

Kaydin
Jan 23, 2007, 04:27 PM
Transforming as a Newman sounds odd to me. I would love to have massive spells to use when the bar fills though.
Fire would summon a meteor shower.
Water would make a tsunami.
Ground would cause an earthquake.
Lightning would start a lightning storm.
Dark would open a chasm in the ground and cause ghosts to rise and attack the enemies.
Light would... heal, cure, raise all party members and make them invincible for a while maybe?

Humans should get something... Better synth rates, or more luck maybe?

Nani-chan
Jan 23, 2007, 04:28 PM
They get the ability to cry more.

Also that S rank rod is newman only, so that's something to make other FTs cry when they get that rod board.

akratic
Jan 23, 2007, 04:30 PM
It'd be cool if humans could switch easily from one hybrid class to another and be equally proficient.

BloodDragoon
Jan 23, 2007, 04:31 PM
Humans also have the ability to bleed... >.>

Also it was a few human science nerds locked in a lab for who knows how long that made 3 other races. If you look at our own human population IRL you'd realize that isn't enough of a ratio in comparison to everyone else to warrant a synthesis bonus like that. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif

IMO Humans need no racial special ability like Nanoblast or SUV's. Why? Their stats are their ability. They're average in every area which gives them flexability. As mentioned earlier they have a wider selection of classes they can gain stat bonuses from since the other 3 races only get bonuses from their own respective forte classes.

Newmans I'd say they should have a racial ability that would allow them to create a barrier around them that would either reduce or negate the damage they take for a short period of time if anything...

Vhex
Jan 23, 2007, 04:32 PM
Newmans are already overpowered, they don't need more power.

As per Humans, though they may look very hideous in comparison to their shinier or furrier overlords, they have the most statistic bonuses of any class, and are decent at being any job and excellent as hybrids which makes them the most well-rounded and efficient class.

Also, crea weapons don't suck at all; the multitargeting is very helpful especially on Twin weapons. +1 target with alot of hits makes for a very powerful weapon.

VanHalen
Jan 23, 2007, 04:36 PM
i like humans ^_^

Akaimizu
Jan 23, 2007, 04:36 PM
Too bad Crea weapons are only for Melee. So that kind of severely limits the roles those Crea Weapons are for. (Hunter)

I went for it, because of the exoticness of simply not being honed best for a specific class. Crea doesn't factor into my equation, so I lose out on that bonus.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Akaimizu on 2007-01-23 13:38 ]</font>

Eliash
Jan 23, 2007, 04:38 PM
I think there will be more human/newman only items in the future, but I do like Kadan's suggestion actually for Newman. Just IMO of course!

My only solution for humans would be a minor boost in item efficency, could be due to some sort of fine-tuning the weapon so that it performs better than normal for a short period of time. This would be something like a minor increase in damage/defense, but nothing near what a beast can do with nanoblasting.

Do I expect this to ever be implemented? Not at all. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif

panzer_unit
Jan 23, 2007, 04:42 PM
Hey... anyone remember PSOv1 where all Casts got in exchange for not casting Techs was 2 more max ATA, and nobody really cared? I miss those days. Mostly the not caring part.

MomoHana
Jan 23, 2007, 04:43 PM
I can't wait till we can grind crea weapons...

VanHalen
Jan 23, 2007, 04:44 PM
On 2007-01-23 13:42, panzer_unit wrote:
Hey... anyone remember PSOv1 where all Casts got in exchange for not casting Techs was 2 more max ATA, and nobody really cared? I miss those days. Mostly the not caring part.

i dont care i like watching those moves sometimes more than haing them espically the power nanoblast i seen so many people get beat up while using it.

Akaimizu
Jan 23, 2007, 04:45 PM
Actually, didn't Casts become the only ones that can use traps? Or was that racial ability not added until version 2?

Then again, I remember version 1 PSO where Forces kind of got the shaft because the hunters got pretty much every tech they had, plus attack power, and extra defense.

ShinMaruku
Jan 23, 2007, 04:47 PM
Human ablity eh?
Forgot humans created all of them eh? They should have an overman stage....
Then their stats are higher than all of them http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif
That whore Chibiusa is 900 years old.. <_<

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: ShinMaruku on 2007-01-23 13:49 ]</font>

foamcup
Jan 23, 2007, 04:48 PM
On 2007-01-23 13:43, MomoHana wrote:
I can't wait till we can grind crea weapons...

Yeah, I can't wait until we can break, um, I mean, grind them too.

And yes, watching a beast use the power blast, then watching them get owned, is great.

Genji
Jan 23, 2007, 04:51 PM
Only logical racial ability for Newmans would be some sort of anti-SEED shield that would deflect/reduce damage done to the user for a brief moment.

ShinMaruku
Jan 23, 2007, 04:51 PM
I vote for humans to have Ryuuken

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: ShinMaruku on 2007-01-23 13:51 ]</font>

ShinMaruku
Jan 23, 2007, 04:55 PM
If they want them wepaon exclusive they should have this sword that give buffs to all stats and make it has some insane attack and range. Then I can give Dante the Sparda.....

VanHalen
Jan 23, 2007, 05:01 PM
On 2007-01-23 13:51, Genji wrote:
Only logical racial ability for Newmans would be some sort of anti-SEED shield that would deflect/reduce damage done to the user for a brief moment.

thats diza

Nani-chan
Jan 23, 2007, 05:03 PM
I did a forum search for the thread I was talking about
http://www.pso-world.com/viewtopic.php?topic=132447&forum=20

Halarod
Newman FT only

I think Humans and Newmans shouldn't be envious of SuV and nanoblasting. Both abilities have their drawbacks so ST would have to put some effort into creating an ability with drawbacks and then take away the 4 job stat bonuses that Human/Newmans get. (cast/beast only get bonuses to 2 jobs a piece)

SuV drawback - Cast must wear a armor with Extra Slot. Limits choices of armor and limits some other Extra Units a cast may think about.

Nano drawback- Can't heal, so must rely on others to stay alive. If for some reason the beast is also the only force in the party then she can't preform force duties for the party while nano.

Akaimizu
Jan 23, 2007, 05:07 PM
You mean can't heal while they're in Nano form? I guess you would say the SUV drawback is a little more harsh since the Nano issue only happens during nano, instead of a general *giving up* of something.

Probably why a lot of Beasts pick invincibility, so they don't worry about damage or megid.

I do notice that no Beasts can accept status buffs from the party members, though they can be healed by them (exception being the invincibility version can't get healed).

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Akaimizu on 2007-01-23 14:08 ]</font>

ShinMaruku
Jan 23, 2007, 05:11 PM
Another thing that can be pointed at is humans have more choice than all as they don't suck at anything don't execl either but hey a unit here and there can make a difference unless you want them to be like Numenoreans...... <_<

VanHalen
Jan 23, 2007, 05:11 PM
dont forget the other SUV drawback(its more in Grom buster and that one with the machine guns that fire straight) if the opponent moves out the way or out of range you just wasted a special move and the only thing you did was look cool.

LordJoe
Jan 23, 2007, 05:12 PM
How high did she fly?!? 0.o

Nani-chan
Jan 23, 2007, 05:13 PM
Yes a Beast hunter for example can't use mates in naoblasted form.

As Beast WT when I'm babysitting others I decided to not use nanoblast on De Ragan if people decide they can't use mates and will only take my resta to stay alive. It's a very limited drawback, but it happened allot of times.

I just want H/N to understand the abilities do have some drawbacks.

BLACKR0SE
Jan 23, 2007, 05:13 PM
I want some kinda pill.Pop it (:D) then you get a boost like a aura or something that does damage.get

LordJoe
Jan 23, 2007, 05:14 PM
humans are just gimped forever. lol you should have picked a not - so - cookie cutter race. o.0

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: LordJoe on 2007-01-23 14:17 ]</font>

Akaimizu
Jan 23, 2007, 05:16 PM
On 2007-01-23 14:13, Nani-chan wrote:

As Beast WT when I'm babysitting others I decided to not use nanoblast on De Ragan if people decide they can't use mates and will only take my resta to stay alive. It's a very limited drawback, but it happened allot of times.

True enough. Though if people start getting in the mindset that all hybrid classes suck (which really is uncalled for), then humans will suffer, in general. Fortunately, the curse of the elitist majority hasn't befallen this game, yet.

VanHalen
Jan 23, 2007, 05:17 PM
On 2007-01-23 14:13, BLACKR0SE wrote:
I want some kinda pill.Pop it (:D) then you get a boost like a aura or something that does damage.get

megistaride everything goes up and then the after effects from drug abuse hurt you.

foamcup
Jan 23, 2007, 05:24 PM

Let them get killed then. Let them waste a doll or bring the rank down, that should wise them up. Do your part to teach people how to play. I'm tired of people thinking that the techer will keep them healed at all times.

Katachi
Jan 23, 2007, 05:27 PM
You're forgetting the extra slot on armor. Beasts and Casts need them for SUV and Nanoblasts. When the cool units like wings or tails Chu Chu Rocket mice or something come out as an extra slot unit, you're not going to see them on beasts or casts because who's going to want to lose an SUV or Nanoblast for something cosmetic?

foamcup
Jan 23, 2007, 05:29 PM
On 2007-01-23 14:27, Katachi wrote:
You're forgetting the extra slot on armor. Beasts and Casts need them for SUV and Nanoblasts. When the cool units like wings or tails Chu Chu Rocket mice or something come out as an extra slot unit, you're not going to see them on beasts or casts because who's going to want to lose an SUV or Nanoblast for something cosmetic?

Nanoblast doesn't use the extra slot. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_lol.gif

VanHalen
Jan 23, 2007, 05:29 PM
On 2007-01-23 14:24, foamcup wrote:

Let them get killed then. Let them waste a doll or bring the rank down, that should wise them up. Do your part to teach people how to play. I'm tired of people thinking that the techer will keep them healed at all times.

i use all kind of health items when im in a party with a force. the 1st time i joined since the people on this board made everyone on this game sound like a jerk i just did what everyone said to do. then i realized they werent jerks on this game. not a one of them and forces actually do heal people. some even tell me "dont waste your mates" then thats when i only use them in a dire emergency. otherwise foamcup i think you should party with me lol

Reiichi
Jan 23, 2007, 05:30 PM
Nanoblasts do not go in extra slots. Sucks for casts though.

Kaydin
Jan 23, 2007, 05:30 PM
On 2007-01-23 14:03, Nani-chan wrote:
Nano drawback- Can't heal, so must rely on others to stay alive. If for some reason the beast is also the only force in the party then she can't preform force duties for the party while nano.

My friend of mine is taking his new beast Wartecher, so has to play Force for a while. The first time he transformed was as a Force. (The party consisted of me, him, and another friend of ours. He was the only force.) He was immediately owned by the Vandas because of his crap HP. XD

foamcup
Jan 23, 2007, 05:32 PM
On 2007-01-23 14:29, VanHalen wrote:

i use all kind of health items when im in a party with a force. the 1st time i joined since the people on this board made everyone on this game sound like a jerk i just did what everyone said to do. then i realized they werent jerks on this game. not a one of them and forces actually do heal people. some even tell me "dont waste your mates" then thats when i only use them in a dire emergency. otherwise foamcup i think you should party with me lol

We talked about teaming up way back when! You're level 30-something though. I'm level 67, and we all know that means I'm a hacker, since I'm higher level than Hresvelgr. LMAO

VanHalen
Jan 23, 2007, 05:32 PM
On 2007-01-23 14:30, Kadan wrote:

On 2007-01-23 14:03, Nani-chan wrote:

My friend of mine is taking his new beast Wartecher, so has to play Force for a while. The first time he transformed was as a Force. (The party consisted of me, him, and another friend of ours. He was the only force.) He was immediately owned by the Vandas because of his crap HP. XD

your friend: rawr fear my power
vanda: man stfu *smacks*
your friend: *KO'ed*

Nani-chan
Jan 23, 2007, 05:33 PM
On 2007-01-23 14:27, Katachi wrote:

Fixed. Beast doesn't use the extra slot for nanoblast.

Also the problem I talked about doesn't happen lately, it was just when I was doing C De Ragan with new players. Sorry http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/anime2.gif;

VanHalen
Jan 23, 2007, 05:36 PM
On 2007-01-23 14:32, foamcup wrote:

On 2007-01-23 14:29, VanHalen wrote:

We talked about teaming up way back when! You're level 30-something though. I'm level 67, and we all know that means I'm a hacker, since I'm higher level than Hresvelgr. LMAO

yeah true http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_frown.gif one day though. j00 haxx0r lol

panzer_unit
Jan 23, 2007, 05:37 PM
Actually, you only need an SUV equipped to charge/use the meter. You can remove all that stuff once you have full gauge and run around with whatever you want until you're going to use it. Just don't go back to town or get KO.

ljkkjlcm9
Jan 23, 2007, 05:47 PM

The point of playing in a group is to help eachother. When a Beast Nano's he is quite obviously going to dish out the most damage, without comparison. No one will match his DPS while in that form, especially if he's the attack beast. You should WANT to keep him alive. He's just helping the party to kill the enemy faster, therefore taking less damage, and therefore the Force has to heal EVERYONE less by healing that beast a few times while transformed. I don't understand why people complain about having to worry about Nano'd Beasts... you should want to keep them alive!

THE JACKEL

Pentence
Jan 23, 2007, 05:58 PM
On 2007-01-23 13:10, Reeses wrote:
There is a reason why humans dont get anything guys... it's because they are just...normal. Thats why they made beasts (for brute strength), Newmans (to do all the things requiring neurons), and Casts (...well, who dosent want a robot friend).

Humans and Newmans getting Crea weapons to me is a poor substitute. I think humans should get absolutely nothing. What makes Crea weapons so special that no beast or cast hand can use them? Beats me. Newmans, i do think that they should get some kind of...i dont know, psychic mind beam...ish thing.

To me, there is a reason why beasts go into Nanoblast. Since they WERE designed to survive in the roughest of climates, and used for their strength, it seems completely fair that they have some sort of power up. Casts, well, it makes complete since that they have a satellite feedback...thing, that they can use to give them a huge gun out of no where. Newmans, like stated above, i think they should actually get something. But humans, notta, zilch, zippo. There is nothing special about you humans. Learn to live with it =)

<3

Well if ya realy wanna get into the logical reasons behind all of this its quite simple.

Since all photon reactors are tied directly to ones own consiences mind.The rudementary psycic powers possesed by all modern humans are aplified by these reactors.Also Neumans being able to read surface thoughts(raw emotions urges etc some can interpret more complex thought but few can)and posesing greater mentale or "spiritual" control have thiers amplified far more.The A-photon reactors in all crea weapons is highly unstable and powerfull.Takeing great amounts of mentale focus which no cast (even with their photon neuronet brain which almost perfectly mimics a humans)nor beast can control safely.

On a side note this also explains the reasons such outlandish PAs exist.Such as the rideing of ones own weapon or tossing ones weapon only to have it return.These are simple kinetic abilitys possesed by all who are based on a humans genes.Aplified by photon reactors in weapons.

Well there you have it perhapes i should post "Pentence Suiwaters" papers in general PSU sicne no one reads em in the fan creation section.It adrresses alot fo these questions with simple facts from SEGA and real science.

EphekZ
Jan 23, 2007, 06:43 PM
newmans get their stuff, but i'm fine with humans not getting anything, as we own without it http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_wink.gif

Blanky
Jan 23, 2007, 07:27 PM
I think it'd be nifty if Humans got some ability called "Oppression". Now, i'm not exactly creative or imaginative enough to elaborate on "Oppression" but I still think it'd be hella sweet.

Yeah.

Gamemako
Jan 23, 2007, 08:07 PM
On 2007-01-23 16:27, Blanky wrote:
I think it'd be nifty if Humans got some ability called "Oppression". Now, i'm not exactly creative or imaginative enough to elaborate on "Oppression" but I still think it'd be hella sweet.

Yeah.

ROFL. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif

ZeldaSerenade
Jan 23, 2007, 08:12 PM
It wouldn't make sense for humans/newmans to have better synth rates, because it's the PM that synthesizes the materials, not the character.

Ryo_Hayasa
Jan 23, 2007, 08:14 PM
Humans aren't average in stats are they? They're actually below average. So in a grading system their stats are D-C range. Not half way excelling in one area. I would be happier if Humans had C-B stats down the board (Their C stats being TP MST and....Eva? maybe) either way i sorta agree, Crea weapons are subpar (i haven't grinded mine yet but i won't expect much since i such at grinding, with +10 grinders, on a 3 luck day..) I think. Maybe...i don't know. the improved Synth rate would be nice, Maybe the ability to resonate with his/her party and gain boost (minor but added up would be sorta major) from his party (as long as they're none-human) so depending on the amoung of newmans in his party they get an added boost for their MST (if they aren't a techer) say, MST an Eva, Cast: Def and ATA Beast: HP and ATP

It would just be a big enough boost to keep them limited but not enough to make humans broken. I don't wanna get "Special skills of other MMORPGS" on this but we could call it

Unitity with Their Creations. (Resonating planets) (All for one) I Don't know. and yeah i can't spell.

Newmans should get something that will cause them to get a Photon aura around them (from releasing a massive amount of photons from their body) thust getting a tempory boost on their stats depending on their class (like, boost additional to your class Lv.) that would be interesting right?

SolomonGrundy
Jan 23, 2007, 08:51 PM
Humans have B grade TAP, MST, and EVP, not C/D range everything.
Newmans have A grade TAP, MST, and EVP

Humans are excellent in both classes that use techniques (WT, and GT). A Human GT is only ~10% off cast ATA as a Guntecher, and can actually use A rank wands. Humans are the best WTs

Newmans are the best ForteTechers, arguably the best Guntechers, and very playable WTs

Neither needs a special ability, as the composite classes are inherently less one dimensional than forte classes.

Note to the Casts: SUV weapons deal 'bullet' type damage, which means if you are a fortefighter, you now have access to bullets that are damaging http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif

Kent
Jan 23, 2007, 09:07 PM
Okay, here's the deal...

Humans and Newmen don't need special abilities. Don't bitch and whine because you willingly picked a type that doesn't take advantage of all your race is capable of. If you pick a Newman, you should make the most of it by going for one of the Force types. If you pick a Human...

What's the obvious advantage to picking the "middle-of-the-road" race? Versatility. Pick a freaking hybrid type, and you'll be among the best-suited for it.

The sheer amount of extra TP a Newman gets over a Beast, more than makes up for the lack of something like a Nanoblast. If you don't pick a Force type as your Newman, then you should be laughed at for whining about it. Laughed at constantly.

In the case of Humans, they're really built for Wartecher. Wartecher's strength is, literally, being able to do everything well. Look at it this way: As a Human Wartecher, you'll do two out of three things better than any Forte-type will, on average, and they'll outclass you only in their own specialty. Humans don't need a special ability - Humans need players that aren't stupid enough to think that they should be able to match a Nanoblast Beast in melee, or match a CAST's SUV weapon in ranged combat. Not to mention, a Newman Fortetecher in Technique-usage...

Really, though. You can pick what you want, but you can't justify bitching about how your Newman Fortefighter not being nearly as useful as some random other person's Beast in melee. The game is actually pretty balanced, if you use the different races with appropriate types. Otherwise, it might not be so much.

But that's not something Sonic Team can fix.

Ryo_Hayasa
Jan 23, 2007, 09:16 PM
Uhh right, Well, i wouldn't say human players are stupid. or whiney or anything like that. (not that you said they were all whiney/stupid/whatever) but sometimes we feel lacking.

Personally, i picked my race (human) because well, i DID want to be all around incase i wanted to change it up on the fly. but you know sometimes i do feel lacking. Notice how the Bruce A-rank S-rank teams are always composed of abunch of fortefighting beast and a sprinkle of Newman Fortetechers.
Funny huh? Then again, i suppose it doesn't mean much, i've never been turned down by a party for being human or a FiGunner who doesn't use a double saber (maybe cause i couldn't afford it if i tried hah)

Maybe, maybe i feel ugly due to my round ears.
Maybe i feel weak when i see a beast 4 levels under me outdamage me with my power unit (+60) and my elemental sword. and then they use that blasted Nanoblast to rub it in my face.

Then again, when i see how many Zeros from their attack i sometimes just giggle to myself.

Either way, if newmans and humans got special transformation-like abilities that wouldn't break them but make them as unique as other classes that would be cool. just to give us something flashy. Is that really so wrong?

Garnet_Moon
Jan 23, 2007, 09:18 PM
Human Ability: Stupid boring ears.

Newman Ability: Fortecher.

That's all Sega gave us. That's all we're getting.

PJ
Jan 23, 2007, 09:20 PM
Human ability: To not suck.

Newman ability: To somehow live with those terrible ears.

Ryo_Hayasa
Jan 23, 2007, 09:27 PM
On 2007-01-23 18:18, Garnet_Moon wrote:

Everytime you say that, i cry a little bit more at night as i cuddle my utterly useless Crea-saber, Ryo-crea.

Oh! oh! I think i'm going to have a heart attack the true is too much for me!

I guess the Final Word on humans, from a human.

Humans: Joe/Jany Average/Jack of All trades. We do everything "ok" not the best nor the worse. Hybrid classes are were we excell, and apparently the best Hybrid pick (opinion) is a WarTecher. Though we can always lust for something flashy aside from crea sabers.

Gryffin
Jan 23, 2007, 09:32 PM
XD Thanks to everyone who said something http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif

Garnet_Moon
Jan 23, 2007, 10:06 PM
On 2007-01-23 18:27, Ryo_Hayasa wrote:

On 2007-01-23 18:18, Garnet_Moon wrote:

Everytime you say that, i cry a little bit more at night as i cuddle my utterly useless Crea-saber, Ryo-crea.
Hey I love my 20% Dark Twin Crea Saber I made myself. :3

It looks cool; even if my Newearl FG3 only hits for 80-90 to two enemies at a time with neutral element.

Flwl3ssCowboy
Jan 23, 2007, 10:40 PM
*ignores EVERY SINGLE POST (lol)* humans/newmans should get Photon Blasts, ahhh, the photon blasts, i miss my Del-Dolphin

Reginaldo
Jan 23, 2007, 10:41 PM
I would of been happy with some sort of extra powerful move, sorta like a limit break, a PA that's like 3 times as powerful would suffice.

Flwl3ssCowboy
Jan 23, 2007, 10:52 PM
it'd have to have a massive PP drain though

like say, all of it

Sekani
Jan 23, 2007, 11:16 PM
Newmans get all the luck, they don't need anything else.

Humans? Well, some sort of I-use-less-PP-than-everyone-else ability would be nice.

In the grand scheme of things, it's no big deal though. SUVs and Nanoblasts are both highly overrated.

NPCMook
Jan 23, 2007, 11:21 PM
Humans should just have a higher chance of synthing since they did make everything else...

ShinMaruku
Jan 23, 2007, 11:23 PM
Humans got this insane ablity to transmigrate.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: ShinMaruku on 2007-01-23 20:23 ]</font>

Remedy
Jan 23, 2007, 11:33 PM
We get Halarods, that's good enough for me. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_lol.gif

ShinMaruku
Jan 23, 2007, 11:37 PM
Humans should get the device

Kaydin
Jan 23, 2007, 11:53 PM
I found the Newman's ability! They can sit down without touching the ledge/chair/bench!

http://i167.photobucket.com/albums/u146/TheKadster/SittingOnAir.jpg

Genobee
Jan 24, 2007, 02:41 AM
On 2007-01-23 13:30, akratic wrote:
It'd be cool if humans could switch easily from one hybrid class to another and be equally proficient.

yea and still suck.

Laranas
Jan 24, 2007, 02:58 AM
If (and a big if) Humans got a racial, I think it should be MAGs. But not Lv200 MAGs that break the game, like a MAG that goes to Lv35 or Lv50, just to let humans lean their stats towards the 1 job they like. Sure, a human can do any job, but since he's only going one let him try to unbalance his stats a bit

Chuiji
Jan 24, 2007, 03:09 AM
They make great protransers, which are my 2nd favourite job.

In addition, they have the awesome ability to crymore. (no space intended)

Akaimizu
Jan 24, 2007, 05:42 AM
Still. They need to release Crea weapons for each of the 3 major professions. If they're supposed to have some advantage using them, why limit them only to the Hunter class? A good percentage of the classes *supposedly* best for humans can't even use them.

Nayte
Jan 24, 2007, 07:19 AM
Giving crea weapons newmans is like making SUVs only work for force classes. Its a really crappy tradeoff. Humans shouldnt get any "special ability" because thier not special, theyre human.
They're also the worst at no class in the game.

Sexy_Raine
Jan 24, 2007, 01:41 PM
Humans are balanced, but not special in one specific class. Humans ae made for hybrids but can still be effective in a pure class. Humans aren't low-tier in anything, and that's all that matters to me anyway(oh and low-tier race/class combos are crap, and have no reward in them, not even worth raising)

But Nova is going against the rules, being a fortegunner. She may inferior stats to the Cast fortegunner, but can do well. She's all about the looks and style(nice looking servant too:))

Casts are spoiled though, they can do hunter and ranger very well, they can equip the best armor first and they get a special attack. I'm a little jealous.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Sexy_Raine on 2007-01-24 10:42 ]</font>

Rashiid
Jan 24, 2007, 02:44 PM
it would be cool....if there was special missions that only Humans can do, kinda like u hafta be lvl 20 to do Sleeping Warriors B, to do 'Mission blah blah blah', prerequisites "all members must be human'

or maybe thats too much....

AlieNxxxxxxxx
Jan 24, 2007, 03:22 PM
PHTON BLAST PWNS!

psu
Jan 24, 2007, 03:54 PM
Since Hu's are meant for hybrid classes, why couldnt they get more slots for PA's.
Hard to have many classes when you run out of PA slots so fast.

chibiLegolas
Jan 24, 2007, 04:11 PM
On 2007-01-24 12:54, psu wrote:
Since Hu's are meant for hybrid classes, why couldnt they get more slots for PA's.
Hard to have many classes when you run out of PA slots so fast.

I was gonna suggest that. lol.
One of Human's main advantage are the hybrid classes. So giving them more PA slots just makes sense. If they're good at a lot of things, but not masters on any of them, then at least give them more options to equip more versetile PA's. This also accompanies their bonus stats to hybrid classes. IMO, this isn't overpowering at all.

And giving them slightly higher synthesis abilities also doesn't make sense to me. What? They're made to be more merchant like compared to others?

Na. Give them more PA slots if anything.

ShinMaruku
Jan 24, 2007, 04:52 PM
humans's should be able to have this ablity:
http://i49.photobucket.com/albums/f279/LivingTribunal/Annihilation%206/Annihilation6003.jpg
http://i49.photobucket.com/albums/f279/LivingTribunal/Annihilation%206/Annihilation6004.jpg

Akaimizu
Jan 24, 2007, 05:09 PM
Silver Surfer? Heh heh. Now that's good stuff! http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif

That'll make a portion of this game called: COH.
COH for City of Humans. (Hopefully nobody sues).

Gryffin
Jan 24, 2007, 05:25 PM
I think there should be more item slots... at least for protransers.. Having to choose between mates and traps isnt very nice =[

drizzle
Jan 24, 2007, 05:31 PM
Humans look best. What other ability would you want?

Rashiid
Jan 24, 2007, 06:38 PM
^ thats wat i said when i 1st had this game.....i still think that good enough.....

Almalexia
Jan 24, 2007, 07:13 PM

LOL

My dear friend. . . I HATE the concept of crea weapons so much. Poor substitute? Try, tease, or a slap to the face. Wowzers, we can use Crea Replicas and no one else can't. But! There is a catch to it all. Any race can wield the real creas.

SEGA: Here you get the dumbed down version
Human/Newman: OMG WTF IZ DIS?
SEGA: Shut up.

Garnet_Moon
Jan 24, 2007, 07:16 PM
On 2007-01-24 16:13, Almalexia wrote:

I giggled. XD

Schubalts
Jan 24, 2007, 11:53 PM
We have the awesome ability to not get wtfownd by monster TECHNICs. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif

Shiro_Ryuu
Jan 25, 2007, 12:02 AM
On 2007-01-24 16:13, Almalexia wrote:

LOL

My dear friend. . . I HATE the concept of crea weapons so much. Poor substitute? Try, tease, or a slap to the face. Wowzers, we can use Crea Replicas and no one else can't. But! There is a catch to it all. Any race can wield the real creas.

one thing though, are there even ANY real creas other than the Crea Doubles out there in existance?

JericHikari
Jan 25, 2007, 01:03 PM
+1 to Akratic's idea. Humans are a jack of all trades species. They excell at nothing, but because they have no specializations they should get SOMETHING for being able to cross-class with pretty much zero penalty save for not being particularly outstanding in anything.

Also like the idea of better synth rates since while not a combative ability its still a pretty darn useful skill and one that would make being 'plain ordinary human' attractive to some people. Technicly speaking humans shoudn't get any sort of benefits, but lets look at this realisticly. In-game humans are supposed to be the lion's share of the system's population yet if there's no real incentive to play as human other than to have a toon that looks like your meat-shell does then most gamers would want to play either beast or cast for SUV or nanoblasting.

Numens.....yes i agree they need a bit of something focused along mental abilities. Troulbe is I'm nto sure what it would be that'd still be useful to anyone wanting to play the class. Temporary infinite mana(i haven't played so i don't know the mechanic, just tossing something out, infinite tech use for a short time?).

*shrug*

Reiichi
Jan 25, 2007, 01:14 PM
I like the idea of an expanded PA list for humans. No point in having the ability to switch jobs and still be decent at it if you have to delete skills to make room for new ones. 64 sounds like a nice number ;3

My mains are all human since they look the best. I guess that's good enough in it's own way.

Laranas
Jan 25, 2007, 01:48 PM
On 2007-01-25 10:14, Reiichi wrote:
My mains are all human since they look the best. I guess that's good enough in it's own way.
It's not enough for me since newmans look exactly the same except with elf ears.

Thrash777
Jan 25, 2007, 01:51 PM
Good stat bonuses with Wartechers, Guntechers, and especially Protransers.

Akaimizu
Jan 25, 2007, 01:53 PM
Right now. The Humans share that exact same ability with the Newmans.

JericHikari
Jan 25, 2007, 02:40 PM
Which is a problem since humans are not numen and vice versa. Crea weapons....uhhh yay? How about something that isnt' equipment that doesnt' depend on race to wield....but I suppose things are fine as is, just a 'would be nice iff...' sentiment.

Gryffin
Jan 25, 2007, 02:56 PM
Less requirements to equip all weapons!!

*looks at Ank Pikor reserved for a human protranser*

Like...divide requirements by 4... http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif

xD

lildeezy
Jan 25, 2007, 04:01 PM
I think humans should have adrinaline rush! where they get a 50% boost in all attributes for at least 30 sec to a min.... the character flashes red and all is boosted, attack, accuracy, speed, luck, def, everything....and yall kno humans have adrinaline rushes, and newmans should get to summond a pet for at least a couple of mins or until it dies, summond a giant wolf dog or dragon, something like that those are some special abilities what you guys think about that?

lildeezy
Jan 25, 2007, 04:03 PM
I think humans should have adrinaline rush! where they get a 50% boost in all attributes for at least 30 sec to a min.... the character flashes red and all is boosted, attack, accuracy, speed, luck, def, everything....and yall kno humans have adrinaline rushes, and newmans should get to summond a pet for at least a couple of mins or until it dies, summond a giant wolf dog or dragon, something like that those are some special abilities what you guys think about that?

lildeezy
Jan 25, 2007, 04:07 PM

Garnet_Moon
Jan 25, 2007, 04:10 PM
Sure let's just make Humans Super Saiya-jins and have Newmans summon Knights of the Round.

http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_wacko.gif

PJ
Jan 25, 2007, 04:12 PM
If humans had this adrenaline thing, it'd be pretty much, every Nanoblast combined into one. That totally makes sense.

ShinMaruku
Jan 25, 2007, 05:55 PM
On 2007-01-25 13:10, Garnet_Moon wrote:
Sure let's just make Humans Super Saiya-jins and have Newmans summon Knights of the Round.

http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_wacko.gif

I can so see that

Beast: Nanoblast!
Cast:Sexualy Utilized Vagina (I can't help it... http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif)
Human: I'm gonna show you the true power of a daiyo, HAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!RYUUKEEEN!
http://www.angelfire.com/fl4/MrGotenks/images/DragonFist.jpg

Newman:Prepare to be cleansed!
http://www.theshiva.net/images/shiva.jpg

Gryffin
Jan 25, 2007, 06:58 PM
Hahaha!

All of these ideas are so great!!!

I mainly made this thread because, Crea's...Although not useless, are pretty much nothing in comparison to a big hitter attack.. Seriously. We get some new B rank THAT ISN'T EVEN FOR EVERY WEAPON!!

Seriously.

I REAAAALLY WANT FREE TRAPS >.<

ZOMG OPTION TO CHANGE BODY SUIT http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif

Jife_Jifremok
Jan 25, 2007, 10:23 PM
I personally like the "slight unbalancing of stats" idea for humans...or the "slight stat buff depending on other players' race" idea, whoever posted those.

But I'm cool with what humans already have. Their stats not really sucking so I don't have to worry about stats.

Numans, though...Well, at least (female) numans are insanely cute.

Sexy_Raine
Jan 25, 2007, 10:26 PM
On 2007-01-25 19:23, Jife_Jifremok wrote:

Were you thinking of me when you said that Jife? http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Sexy_Raine on 2007-01-25 19:27 ]</font>

Sexy_Raine
Jan 25, 2007, 10:26 PM
sry for double post.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Sexy_Raine on 2007-01-25 19:27 ]</font>

Jife_Jifremok
Jan 25, 2007, 10:35 PM
On 2007-01-25 19:26, Sexy_Raine wrote:
[quote]On 2007-01-25 19:23, Jife_Jifremok wrote:

Were you thinking of me when you said that Jife? http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif

Well......yeah. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/blush.gif

MaximusLight
Jan 26, 2007, 01:57 AM
haha it's not nessary I can say right now that a a newman tecker at equal levels to any of the other races specialty jobs (even as a Guntecker) can do at least high 400's damage easy (at about level 50) and that wasn't for foie either *shivers*, what's more humans doing a job specailty are very well balanced they can take and dish out hits from anything (I'm a Fightgunner right now and even a super strong foie from a level 75 Stalvanus bearly knocked 350-400 hp off). So I think that this is pretty fair I'd like to see a race special for both just because it would be cool but I don't count on it either, they work fine the way they are.

Pengfishh
Jan 26, 2007, 03:24 AM
Sailor Moon style clothes disintegration followed by damaging hearts and moonbeams. Fucking wild awesome.

VanHalen
Jan 26, 2007, 03:28 AM
it seems all you humans and newmans are angry you dont have a special ability like your not as good looking friends but you wanna know what their ability is? its the ability to kick major ass and also the ability to look good while doing that guess what?! you can use these abilties at lvl 1!

Sexy_Raine
Jan 26, 2007, 06:20 AM
Human stat differences are minor, compared to low-tier, top-tier race/class combos. A human Fortegunner can solo almost as good as cast one, you just need to more effort in lv'ing skills(Nova can solo Mine Defense S at lv45). I bet everyones got a least one human under them, am I not right?

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Sexy_Raine on 2007-01-26 04:03 ]</font>

Shiro_Ryuu
Jan 26, 2007, 08:54 AM
On 2007-01-26 00:28, VanHalen wrote:
it seems all you humans and newmans are angry you dont have a special ability like your not as good looking friends but you wanna know what their ability is? its the ability to kick major ass and also the ability to look good while doing that guess what?! you can use these abilties at lvl 1!

lol, I would agree with this. my former Guntecher is now a Hunter who is kicking ass in samurai armor with her fists and her pointy ears, and I don't feel too inferior to my friend who's a female beast fortefighter.

Thanotos
Jan 26, 2007, 04:15 PM
[/spoiler]Ok so Im working on the fourth mission cant find the last person, but anyways I had a cool idea that maybe the humans and numans could do like a nano blast into a seed form do mass damage and then turn back. I dont know if anyone come with this already, but its just an idea I had.

Please Discuss.

NPCMook
Jan 26, 2007, 04:18 PM
Off Topic-ish:Humans should get a Synth % Bonus of like 5% >.> after all we made everyone else...

On Topic: No idea...

Thrash777
Jan 26, 2007, 04:31 PM
You never know, Humans may only be able to use Lavis power... o_O (I hope not, otherwise I will have to start a new character!)

JaiBlue
Jan 26, 2007, 07:37 PM
I always kind of wished that they would bring back a diffrent version of photon blasts for newmans.

Sharkyland
Jan 26, 2007, 07:51 PM
(You know, once your bar gets full for your SUV you can switch the item in the extra slot but in order to use the SUV you would need to switch it back to an SUV item.)

I've been hearings rumors that
Newmans will get 'Summonings'
Humans will get 'special slots' that neither the 3 races can equip...

otakuP7
Jan 26, 2007, 07:57 PM
I play a Human Fortefighter, and having played for a while without any special ability other than PA's I have to say it makes the game better. I put out plenty of melee damage, I dont need a transformation/really big gun to show how much power my char has.

Gryffin
Jan 26, 2007, 08:54 PM
ZOMG!!!!! TEH 1337!!

SPECIAL EXTRA SLOT ITEMS FOR HU's AND NU's!

I can think of a few off the top of my head..

1.) (Hu's) An extra slot item that allows you to have infinite of a specific class of traps (Cost: 100k in Cylez...)

2.) (Nu's)An extra slot item that allows you to add different %'s to spell damage (Like theres a 10% a 25% and a 40%)

3.) (Hu's & Nu's) An extra slot item that calls a tiny creature, that can attack along side you, no visible health bar, but can die..will respawn after 45 seconds DOES NOT COUNT AS DEATH!! (Various creatures, think some up)

MORE IDEAS ARE YUMMY.

Lyrix
Jan 26, 2007, 08:56 PM
Gryff, i think everyone gets the whole "infinite trap" thing by now. Stop beating the dead horse.

VanHalen
Jan 26, 2007, 09:06 PM
didnt i say what your special ability is?

BloodDragoon
Jan 26, 2007, 09:10 PM
Why not just send humans to the asylum for criminally insane robots... >.>

Game balance is fine as is. Humans dont have a special ability because their stats ARE their special ability. They rate 2nd or 3rd in every stat category. Every other race has extremes to deal with. Numans excel hugely in regards to technics. If you choose a class that doesn't use these then don't complain. You don't hear that cast fortetecher asking for cast specific units that add 500 TP so they can toss techs like a newman...

That and a majority of the "suggestions" in this thread either make no logical sense, are game breaking, or were posted as a joke...

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: BloodDragoon on 2007-01-26 18:10 ]</font>

NisukeReach
Jan 26, 2007, 09:11 PM
again, crea weapons, only humans an newmans canwield prototype crea weapons. cresaud, etc.

Gryffin
Jan 26, 2007, 10:29 PM
Heeyyyyy, Lyrix, I thought you of all people would know that I'm against animal abuse, LIVE OR DEAD!!

On a side note, NEW SIGGY!

Ryogen
Jan 26, 2007, 10:33 PM
It should be a time in PSU where Humans are able to do PHOTON BLAST with a device on your arm. Then that would really take mags out of the picture...well make us forget a little. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif

Laranas
Jan 26, 2007, 10:35 PM
Maybe newmans should get the ability to cast TECHNICs as non-forces. Sure, they'll suffer from bad TP... but they won't be useless at everything non-techer.

VanHalen
Jan 26, 2007, 10:38 PM
On 2007-01-26 19:35, Laranas wrote:
Maybe newmans should get the ability to cast TECHNICs as non-forces. Sure, they'll suffer from bad TP... but they won't be useless at everything non-techer.

i aint useless and i am no where near anything techer *pissed off face*

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: VanHalen on 2007-01-26 19:39 ]</font>

nefarious
Jan 26, 2007, 10:38 PM
Some people here clearly have not mastered the concept of race/class balance in MMOs.

Laranas
Jan 26, 2007, 10:41 PM
On 2007-01-26 19:38, VanHalen wrote:

Ok ok not useless... but nothing special as anything non-techer.

NisukeReach
Jan 26, 2007, 11:01 PM
there are peopel who like to create unique, original characters. Ragnarok online for instance, people dare to use basic classes, those that are limited severely by their ability up until they reach their high-level points. i highly respect people who think outside the box in terms of character design - this includes character class, weaponry, PA/tech combinations

Laranas
Jan 26, 2007, 11:07 PM
Ragnarok Online was a game that didn't require you to get a party to level. You needed a party to hunt MVPs, but in 90% of the cases I experienced you could solo to 99 if you had to. PSU almost requires a group to get anything done fast, and groups like proficiency, so while I love someone who dares to make a FOcast, I'd rather pickup the FOnewm for my TECHNIC support.

JaiBlue
Jan 26, 2007, 11:07 PM
On 2007-01-26 18:10, BloodDragoon wrote:

Game balance is fine as is. Humans dont have a special ability because their stats ARE their special ability. They rate 2nd or 3rd in every stat category. Every other race has extremes to deal with. Numans excel hugely in regards to technics. If you choose a class that doesn't use these then don't complain. You don't hear that cast fortetecher asking for cast specific units that add 500 TP so they can toss techs like a newman...

That and a majority of the "suggestions" in this thread either make no logical sense, are game breaking, or were posted as a joke...

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: BloodDragoon on 2007-01-26 18:10 ]</font>

Hmm you must be a cast user. figures >_>

BloodDragoon
Jan 26, 2007, 11:13 PM
On 2007-01-26 20:01, NisukeReach wrote:
there are peopel who like to create unique, original characters. Ragnarok online for instance, people dare to use basic classes, those that are limited severely by their ability up until they reach their high-level points. i highly respect people who think outside the box in terms of character design - this includes character class, weaponry, PA/tech combinations

I still remember seeing a guild in RO called "Noobs of Legend" Nothing but very high level novices lol.

Schubalts
Jan 26, 2007, 11:26 PM
On 2007-01-26 20:07, Laranas wrote:
Ragnarok Online was a game that didn't require you to get a party to level.

You, uhh, don't need a party in PSU for anything except Bruce, so...

BloodDragoon
Jan 26, 2007, 11:28 PM
On 2007-01-26 20:07, JaiBlue wrote:

On 2007-01-26 18:10, BloodDragoon wrote:

Hmm you must be a cast user. figures >_>

First character I made was a female cast. Currently my main. Eventually it will end up as a secondary since every online game I play my first character always gets replaced by another for my main character. I have a Male cast which will probably be my main eventually, a male newman, and a female beast. Races? meh I just wanted to make sure I could use any outfit or part that sega sticks in the game. Doesn't matter if there is human exclusive items added later. I'll collect them just to have them. Or I'll finally get the urge to use them and start up a second acct just to make a human...

If you look at rpgs in general, regardless of setting, humans were always a normal or well rounded race. Giving them things that make them excel at a specific areas is really more inhuman from that perspective. Human stat spread doesn't really have statistical strengths but it lacks weaknesses also. It's ideal for flexibility which allows them to perform any job or play any class decently.

Miyuki-chan
Jan 27, 2007, 01:57 PM
On 2007-01-26 19:41, Laranas wrote:

On 2007-01-26 19:38, VanHalen wrote:

Ok ok not useless... but nothing special as anything non-techer.

yep, far from useless and far from a techer ;p
as long as sometime in the future something nice comes our way, i'll be happy http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif

-Ryuki-
Jan 27, 2007, 01:59 PM
I know EXACTLY what Humans have, the others don't.

The ability to be sexy.

Hence, why Parn, Gryff, and myself, are sexy =X

Miyuki-chan
Jan 27, 2007, 02:01 PM
I'm cute AND sexy... power of the Newman ;p

-Ryuki-
Jan 27, 2007, 02:17 PM
I object! I've never met you =P

But you're on the 360, so that's even more reason to not meet you XD

Kidding n_n

Miyuki-chan
Jan 27, 2007, 02:34 PM
next time i can play i'll take a picture of my screen, since that's the closest i can get to a screenshot ;p

ShinMaruku
Jan 27, 2007, 02:37 PM
On 2007-01-27 10:59, RyukiZero wrote:
I know EXACTLY what Humans have, the others don't.

The ability to be sexy.

Hence, why Parn, Gryff, and myself, are sexy =X

Too bad for you lot I'm above human. Ubermensch!
(No newmans and beasts are still men and not overman. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif)

Dante1
Jan 27, 2007, 09:28 PM
the adrenalin idea was good when humans get low on hp they get a super boost in atk and def,and they get maybe a few free pa attacks as well

Gryffin
Jan 27, 2007, 11:40 PM
Adrenaline was a good idea, but I still require one thing...

MOAR TRAPZZZ

http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif

ShinMaruku
Jan 27, 2007, 11:52 PM
The Ethan factor which makes newmen women die for j00 (If j00s a man)

Libram
Jan 28, 2007, 12:47 AM
I'm attached to the idea of race units, but I don't think they should give any statistical boost. They should add special abilities or give the affects of two different units.

Sephlock
Jan 28, 2007, 12:51 AM
The newman special ability is to look good in a dress. Humans are generalists. Maybe they should get a bonus if they're playing as a Protranser?

Chuiji
Jan 28, 2007, 12:54 AM
On 2007-01-27 21:51, Sephlock wrote:
The newman special ability is to look good in a dress. Humans are generalists. Maybe they should get a bonus if they're playing as a Protranser?

@ Sentence 1...True. Except for that 'going for the cutesy look' dress. Everyone looks preggers in that thing.
@ Sentence 2&3...They do.

Alisha
Jan 28, 2007, 01:21 AM

this phrase suggests that human females are superior to males and i certainly aint gonna argue that. if i was gonna give humans an ability i'd either have it relove around courage/leadership or enhancing the hybrids.

heres my idea's

Courage:15-20% damage boost against large monsters/bosses(i define large as a monster that cannot be knocked down,but i suppose it could include tengoughs and kamatoze too)

Leadership:if the party leader is human SUV/nano bars of allies fill faster.
another possibility along the courage thought-

Guts:if an attack would kill you have a chance of surviving with 1 hp.

as for enhancing human hybrids look no further than pso's fomarl and enhance the range of support/healing spells. enhancing gi spells like fomars could help out wartechers as well.

Nani-chan
Jan 28, 2007, 01:36 AM
Meh, since this thread just keeps going I will bring this back from around page 3.

If Humans/Newmans get abilities, they will need to have drawbacks. Furthermore, possibly even take away two jobs stat bonuses (H/N have 4, C/B have 2)

I think Sega Team (programmers) is/are lazy and would prefer nerfing to adding however.
IF B/C are to strong they would probably nerf them instead of boosting H/N (which are strong already).

DonRoyale
Jan 28, 2007, 01:43 AM
Uhh...have you noticed we have one already?

Like, race bonuses?

And luck, don't even get me started on that...>>

XCOPY
Jan 28, 2007, 07:16 AM
Newman's really should have a summon tech....perhaps certain monsters dependent on the area, or just any monster you have already selected? That would make them more interesting, imo. The gauge fills up, and then you'd get the option of summoning something like a Carrigine or however that's spelled....but it fights as a new member of your team of course. It then disappears into a magical portal of course once the that meter runs out. The only problem I see with this is that the AI on npc characters in this game is HORRIBLE....so the concept would be cool, but realistically, we'd get a summoned monster that just sits there like Maya.

...possible solution: the Newman stands or sits in a completely invincible magic energy barrier, and transfers his "essence" to control the summoned creature. This lets the player just take control of the creature. I'd put the time at the same as a Nanoblast transformation; around 50 seconds, or a little less.

Besides regular monsters...it would also be interesting if new creatures were designed specifically for this special technique.....or what if they brought back old ones? Imagine summoning a Delbiter, Dark Bringer....eh, special new creatures would probably be a better idea. The moveset for the normal PSO and PSU enemies is quite small, and it would be boring to control that for 50 seconds.

*of course, if using the regular monsters as summons, they are more powerful when fighting as a summon....and they would have a certain color glow or aura around them...this would make it easy to tell the difference between it and an enemy monster.

Solution for moving to different areas: The newman in the invincible barrier...let's say there's an invisible link between him/her and the summoned creature. So, moving to another room or area isn't a problem, as the player(now in control of the summoned thing) "drags" the newman's form with it, via that invisible...let's say it's a "spirit chain" or link or whatever.

*someone at Sega, please read this and steal my idea for PSU version 2, please. Newmans would be so awesome with this.

haha humans still suck.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: XCOPY on 2007-01-28 04:28 ]</font>

Shiro_Ryuu
Jan 28, 2007, 08:41 AM
at first, I was going to say that Newmans should get something because I thought that they're talents would only be useful in a techer class, but then I realized that they aren't so bad as Hunters non-Hunters, they may not be as good as the other 4 races, but they can still do just as good as a beast, I think a meleeing Newman would be best off going Fortefighter and using an axe. To top it off, they are pretty much the 2nd best rangers since they can equip better guns before all of the other fleshies, and rangers =/= dps anyway.

Jonty
Jan 28, 2007, 08:49 AM
They could perhaps transform into the monster rather than summoning one? Although maybe that would be too similar to nanoblast...

Thrash777
Jan 28, 2007, 08:53 AM
The only thing I can see happening, is exclusive weapons/armor etc...
I really can't see ST making a whole new game mechanic that is gonna unbalance things...

Sexy_Raine
Jan 28, 2007, 09:12 AM
The beast ranger is far from being underpowered, and they get a special. What gives?
Nu/Hu should should get a special. Humans are good enough with out it, it would be nice to have something that makes them look awesome. Some people use casts just for SUV's because of looks believe it or not.

Schubalts
Jan 28, 2007, 05:00 PM
OK, you Newman summoners, this is not RF Online >____>.

Jife_Jifremok
Jan 28, 2007, 05:36 PM
On 2007-01-28 06:12, Sexy_Raine wrote:
The beast ranger is far from being underpowered, and they get a special. What gives?
Nu/Hu should should get a special. Humans are good enough with out it, it would be nice to have something that makes them look awesome. Some people use casts just for SUV's because of looks believe it or not.

Like me. I like the SUV so much I made AC1MOA/3SL-SEATH just for them. But I like my human so much better that it collects dust like my Xbox (regular) Casts and beasts are strong enough withOUT their specials, so why must humans and numans be without specials?

And the balanced stats don't count. Stats should be considered separate from specials, since
Beast = Power
Cast = Accuracy
Numan = Magic/Technic
Human = Balanced.
It's simply a Stat Preference Thing.

Beast = Transform
Cast = Big Ass Weapons
Numan = No Cool Special
Human = No Cool Special
Hell, it could even be a WEAKER special than beasts and casts, wed like to have SOMETHING. Hell, even PSO had those Photon Blasts even though those were many different sorts of lame.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Jife_Jifremok on 2007-01-28 15:48 ]</font>

Jife_Jifremok
Jan 28, 2007, 05:37 PM
The edit button looks too much like quote.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Jife_Jifremok on 2007-01-28 14:40 ]</font>

Maridia
Jan 28, 2007, 06:16 PM
man, this thread kinda scares me. I didn't know all of you guys harbored this bitter hatred towards casts and us beasts! ;-;

*cowers in corner and is sorry for offending all the humans and newmans*

ShinMaruku
Jan 28, 2007, 06:34 PM
On 2007-01-28 14:00, Schubalts wrote:

Newman=Cora Seriously. They are humans with adavanced spiritual power. Just Cora live for a couple centuries. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif
Decem, great light females are whorish... <_<

Gryffin
Jan 28, 2007, 06:35 PM
Awwwws!!!

I definetly did NOT make this thread as a meeting for "Suffix'Man's against things with fun specials"

If anything its out of jealousy...

Me and Basi were thinking though..something in the extra slot like Mags (Human only, afterall we made Newmans :3) That float all around you, and different ones have a different ability..(so that the bar under our experience isnt entirely worthless) Think about it, bar fills...and then you can either...have a laser attack, get uber buffs, the three ring invuln thing, I dont know, Mag abilities are endless!!

And I really liked the summoning Idea for Newms... http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif

Almalexia
Jan 28, 2007, 06:38 PM
On 2007-01-27 22:21, Alisha wrote:

this phrase suggests that human females are superior to males and i certainly aint gonna argue that.

But I will.

Males have higher HP, ATP, DFP.

Ryuki is about the same level as my human character so I can prove this right now if I have to.

TAP, MST, EVP don't mean a thing, unless you're with the proper class. And not all of us are hybrids.

And with the said, going anything other than a hybrid class is gimping yourself. Thankfully, I can switch to fighgunner anytime.

ShinMaruku
Jan 28, 2007, 06:55 PM
On 2007-01-28 14:00, Schubalts wrote:

http://www.stratics.com/content/portals/rfo/content/images/cherry1.jpg
http://www.pso-altair.com/PSO-Altair/Images/NewsPhotos/Phantasy_Star_Universe/PhantasyStarUniverse4.jpg
Yup they are Cora. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif

Almalexia
Jan 28, 2007, 07:07 PM
I would kill to have the Divine Maiden's hairstyle on my cast.

ShinMaruku
Jan 28, 2007, 11:09 PM
Eexept that pic ain't Merei. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif
Tis the prototype of Merei and Karen. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif
(I know I'm being silly.)

Rashiid
Jan 28, 2007, 11:12 PM
er...wats RF?

ShinMaruku
Jan 28, 2007, 11:30 PM
RF online is a game where this whole race issue is bigger than PSU as they are warring but the main diffrence between them and PSU is they aknowledge that they are human. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif
It's more of this branch of humanity wants this here land.

Ryogen
Jan 28, 2007, 11:30 PM
On 2007-01-28 20:12, Rashiid wrote:
er...wats RF?

Rising Force Online. It's a MMORPG.

Chaobo99
Jan 28, 2007, 11:31 PM
i want that rod she is holding >.>

ShinMaruku
Jan 28, 2007, 11:36 PM
That rod is broken...