PDA

View Full Version : Boards for Force Weaps

Krans
Jan 23, 2007, 04:53 PM
Where are these? do they exist?

I'm still trying to raise my PM, but finding force weaps or techs is difficult when trying to raise the tech and keep the striking down.

I don't have infinate money i do have about 70k so i try to be more careful about my spendings, plus might buy another weap soon which will drain cash.

I always see gun boards and melee boards but where are the force boards? are they even in the game?

foamcup
Jan 23, 2007, 04:55 PM
They're in there. I found a Mayrod board a few days ago. It was in the temple I think.

Eliash
Jan 23, 2007, 04:55 PM
You can buy them from synthsis shops all over. Check out the names of the boards you want and check player shops (if they overprice it for 10milion then just buy it from the NPC). You should find them for about 400 meseta I would think.

Akaimizu
Jan 23, 2007, 04:59 PM
Hehe. 10 million to 400mst. I know this is an exaggeration, but that would be a hillarious markup.

JAFO22000
Jan 23, 2007, 05:02 PM
Neudaiz. I believe that is where most of the Force weapons drop. Oh, and Sleeping Warriors...the Palavahara's (sp?) drop canes. But stick with Neudaiz.

And search for people selling low rank force items in their shops, if all you are looking to do is feed you PM

Jey
Jan 23, 2007, 05:05 PM
What I did when I raised my Technic PM was farm Parum Relics C for Starra drops (I think the Polavohra drop them) and for farming in general. Also have to figure that people will get wand drops from farming as well, so I would camp around for the 2* wands in player stores for 500mes or less. Other places I can think of offhand are Gohmons dropping wands, the Moatoob giant lizard things dropped wands I think~ and the Gaozoran in the HIVE episodes B-rank dropped an Ulrod <_<'

After my PM hit 30 or so, I started mass-synthing 2* wands, but I don't know which way would be cheaper because it all depends on how low people would sell materials.

But yeah, Technic was a pain in the butt the non-duped way.

Krans
Jan 23, 2007, 05:41 PM
well the 10 mill thing i wont have a problem cuz were on 360, there are markups but at least not that crazy

last night i tried searching for low star wands but the prices were pretty dumb, i found a 3 star bastara for 300 and bought it right away but after that all the rest were priced like over 2k which is dumb considering it sells at 2k in the NPC, one guy even had it for 8k.

I never knew about the boards in the synth shop i loooked but i guess i just missed them, and ill try look for those drop sites that everyone mentioned, just seems like they drop less frquently than melee weaps and even melee weaps dont drop that often

Reiichi
Jan 23, 2007, 05:44 PM
Depending on the prices of materials you find in player shops it may or may not be worth it to synth your own 2* weapons or so for feeding. El-photons are 200, wood for 150, soural for 100, and it adds up to quite a bit.

I fed my tech PM way back in pre dupe times off of 2* wands that would frequent player shops. I'd typically pay about 500 for them for +8 tech -1 striking. Consume a few dimates here and there for +6 striking and +2 tech to help add some cheap tech points. Soural was a pain to find cheap, as was el-photons at times so it usually wasn't worth it for me to synth my own 1-2* weapons even if I had a 90% success rate. I'd also try to pick up 1* wands if they were cheap enough too.

If browsing player shops doesn't work for you, best bet is probably 1* technic discs for 500 mes and +6 tech -1 striking. Either way it's not cheap.

Now for the real question. Are you making a pure tech PM, or one just to heal slave or cast spells for you? I personally don't feel that having a pure tech PM is worth it unless it is to synth unbuyable tech weapons for personal use or resale. Since up to 8* wands and rods can be store bought, it often times is not worth it to buy materials and synth a 1-8* weapon for personal use or resale unless you got the synth materials for cheap. A pure tech PM is a million meseta project.

edit: from my tech weapon buying days (98% of my pure tech PM was funded through buying wands in other player shops) it was pretty uncommon that I'd find a 1-3* wand board for sale for cheap. Don't search for 3* batons and batnaras because most of those are manually synthed or store bought rather than found. Stick to 1* wand, wandra, and more commonly 2* gasta, staff, starra, ulrod.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Reiichi on 2007-01-23 14:49 ]</font>

Krans
Jan 23, 2007, 05:47 PM
Nope I'm making a 450 to go on runs with me, on my other char im making a pure striking PM, i wanted to make a pure armor since its so easy but i dont have the slot to do it and i hear its not that good.

When i do raise my 450 what other levels should i focus on? because once it gets to 40 or 50 then you can raise whatever right? should i balance the levels after maybe?

Reiichi
Jan 23, 2007, 05:57 PM
If you build the 450 properly and cheaply you will only have 30+ tech. Since tech is the most expensive stat to raise you will want to get your PM to level 80 with as little tech as conveniently possible.

Striking has to be LESS than 10 by the time your PM is level 20.
Tech has to be AT LEAST 20 by the time your PM hits level 50.
Tech has to be AT LEAST 30 by the time your PM hits level 80.

If you feel like your PM is meeting those parameters, feel free to fill your PM up with whatever stats you want. You likely won't be using your 450 for synthing anything to use anyways, so it doesn't matter what other stats you give it as long as you meet the above guidelines.

edit: Ideally your PM will have nothing but striking and tech as you will be feeding it nothing but dimates and tech weapons/discs.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Reiichi on 2007-01-23 14:59 ]</font>