PDA

View Full Version : If I cancel my subscription, will I lose my character data?

Soundfx4
Jan 23, 2007, 05:43 PM
I haven't played PSU in quite a while and as it stands I'm just flushing money down the toilet (this is one of the reasons I hate pay to play btw). Does anyone know if my character data will remain on the server if I cancel my subscription and then subscribe again whenever I'm ready to play again? I guess this is a question I should really ask play Sega, but I figured someone here has been down this road already and knows the answer, and on top of that I usually get a fast response time here http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif Sega would be a two day wait at least.

And I know this is the place for it, but what about BB? I'm still paying for BB as well and I haven't touched that in an even longer period of time.

If anyone has experience in this department please let me know how this works.

Thanks.

Kaydin
Jan 23, 2007, 05:46 PM
Your characters will stay for 90 days I think.

vfloresjr24
Jan 23, 2007, 05:47 PM
That is a good question. I would like to know as well?

Krans
Jan 23, 2007, 05:48 PM
yeah it says when you buy your guardians license i think, i think it waqs like 1 or 2 months but the 90 days might be correct too

ljkkjlcm9
Jan 23, 2007, 05:49 PM
90 days, or roughly 3 months, then sega holds the rights to be able to delete your character data. That doesn't mean they will, it means they can if they want to.

THE JACKEL

Alkaar
Jan 23, 2007, 05:49 PM
Does anyone know if this would work the same way if you cancel your credit card used to pay for the account?

Alkaar
Jan 23, 2007, 05:56 PM
On 2007-01-23 14:49, Alkaar wrote:
Does anyone know if this would work the same way if you cancel your credit card used to pay for the account?

Anyone?

DarkSeph
Jan 23, 2007, 08:28 PM
What I Find to be the crappiest part of this whole server only situation which is unfortunately necessary to help curb haxors and the like.....#$%^ing #$%^ards........is that a couple years from now when they shut down this too like PSO.....we will have Nothing.....Absolutely Nothing!!!!

and that is 100% due to Haxors!

rena-ko
Jan 23, 2007, 08:42 PM
it has its advantages.. i wouldnt want to lose good stuff or exp or anything each time my pc freezes on my thanks to game guard (or the crappy motherboard in it).

anyway, like mentioned above. sega keeps themselfes the right to delete unused accounts after 90 days, if they need the room for new accounts.

for the creditcard thing... your subsriction will fail if the billing fails. thus it will be inactive.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: rena-ko on 2007-01-23 17:44 ]</font>

Soundfx4
Jan 23, 2007, 08:51 PM
On 2007-01-23 17:28, DarkSeph wrote:
What I Find to be the crappiest part of this whole server only situation which is unfortunately necessary to help curb haxors and the like.....#$%^ing #$%^ards........is that a couple years from now when they shut down this too like PSO.....we will have Nothing.....Absolutely Nothing!!!!

please don't bring up hackers, most of them do nothing wrong. The ones that cause the trouble are not all hackers, but the hackers that choose to use their powers for evil. For example, PKing and cheating in PvP games. All the other hackers that are only hacking to cheat in co-op hurt absolutely no one except themselves, and that is assuming they even care.

In short, I have nothing against hackers and it angers me when I hear people bashing them all the time.

Soundfx4
Jan 23, 2007, 08:54 PM
hmmm...90 days huh? Well...that kind of sucks. I guess I'll just have to cancel and hope for the best :/ Thanks for the info guys, I appreciate it!

Oh wait, I just had a thought; what if I reactivated it every 90 days and then canceled...do you think that might give me another 90 days?

DarkSeph
Jan 23, 2007, 08:54 PM
On 2007-01-23 17:51, Soundfx4 wrote:

On 2007-01-23 17:28, DarkSeph wrote:

please don't bring up hackers, most of them do nothing wrong. The ones that cause the trouble are not all hackers, but the hackers that choose to use their powers for evil. For example, PKing and cheating in PvP games. All the other hackers that are only hacking to cheat in co-op hurt absolutely no one except themselves, and that is assuming they even care.

In short, I have nothing against hackers and it angers me when I hear people bashing them all the time.

You can get angry all you want, and this is no flame but I speak for the entire PSU-PSO Community when I say that because of people Hacking in the ONLINE COMMUNITY! Their have been countless problems and disruptions in what is otherwise a Great Game! So you and your HAXOR friends can stay offline!

DarkSeph
Jan 23, 2007, 08:57 PM
Furthermore, you missed the point of what I was saying Entirely! Because of the actions of your "Friends" we all now have to lose our Online Data when the servers are finally shut down someday and that is Just Wrong! 2 years from now I'd still like to be able to play my character data and all my hard earned achievements in tact like with the Gamecube PSO....but No...unless SEGA goes out of their way at that point in time to let people save it to our XBOX's somehow (the data)......we are all gonna lose everything

...and that is why in the real world their are consequences for these kind of actions (IE: Jail Time, Fines, Hated) because they are NOT harmless...

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: DarkSeph on 2007-01-23 18:00 ]</font>

chibiLegolas
Jan 24, 2007, 04:39 PM
On 2007-01-23 14:49, ljkkjlcm9 wrote:
90 days, or roughly 3 months, then sega holds the rights to be able to delete your character data. That doesn't mean they will, it means they can if they want to.

THE JACKEL

ljkkjlcm9's right. I can only vouch for BB tho. I played BB back when it was a free demo. Cancelled subscription right before they start charging. But after 6+ months later, my addiction kicked back in and I resubscribed. And hey! My character's still there!
I bet if I resubscribe again, my character's still on there after another 6 month break.

Sinue_v2
Jan 24, 2007, 04:49 PM
is that a couple years from now when they shut down this too like PSO.....we will have Nothing.....Absolutely Nothing!!!!

You're not really going to care in 5-8 years when the servers finally go down. Most of the people who complained about this have already left PSU and refuse to come back. I really doubt much of anyone really still boots up their old v.1 characters for a few runs aside from a quick injection of nostalgia. Life moves on, you will move on.

-Ryuki-
Jan 24, 2007, 05:32 PM
I love this game too much to not quit.

Why would I want to quit in the first place? >:E

Maridia
Jan 24, 2007, 06:43 PM
On the subject of BB, I had my hunter's license inactive for almost 5 months. My char data was still exactly as I left it when I went back onto it sometime ages ago. So.. Chances are that Sega will be too lazy to hurt your char data.

They're too lazy to do almost everything else. <_<

prismsub5
Jan 24, 2007, 06:49 PM
On 2007-01-24 14:32, RyukiZero wrote:
I love this game too much to not quit.

Why would I want to quit in the first place? >:E

Because of Phantasy Star Universe Episode I/II http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_wacko.gif