PDA

View Full Version : Shops needed for good money?

Deprimenthia
Jan 23, 2007, 05:54 PM
Well, I haven't been on PSU in about a month now. So, I'm wondering, is running a shop needed for decent meseta? Or will just getting meseta from enemies be enough?

Keep in mind I am not a really money-hungering person. I just want enough for the newest weapon of my preferred weapon type, armor, and the occasional new costume.

So, should I work with the hassle of running a shop? Or just hunt?

Eliash
Jan 23, 2007, 05:56 PM
What platform are you on? For PC/PS2 you may need a shop in order to afford items from other players.

On xbox you can mostly farm the money you need.

Deprimenthia
Jan 23, 2007, 05:58 PM
I play the 360 version...

Why does that matter? Are items more expensive in people's shops on pc/ps2?

Eliash
Jan 23, 2007, 06:02 PM
They have a hacking problem so people overprice alot.

Deprimenthia
Jan 23, 2007, 06:05 PM
Ah. I see.

Well, thanks for the input.

Kaydin
Jan 23, 2007, 06:06 PM
Having a shop to sell rares in sure beats the heck out of standing on Clyez City 4th floor yelling "Copernia for sale!"

JAFO22000
Jan 23, 2007, 06:09 PM
If you don't want to deal with the hassle of a shop, I would still recommend opening one. Just to sell off items you don't want/need. Sell them cheap and you will have no hassles. Undercut everyone and you'll sell all of your things very quickly.

Reiichi
Jan 23, 2007, 06:12 PM
A shop is important regardless because it is the only real way to convert items that drop into money. Very little money drops in this game, or from mission rewards, so making money purely off of that is rather slow.

Every piece of wood that drops, metal, ore, gem, weapon, can be either synthed into something to be sold to players (requires a shop) or sold as a raw material (also requires a shop). What good is sitting on 10 kerseline unless you plan on using it for making weapons for yourself. If you do, that's fine. If not, either synth it into something to sell to people, or sell it as is.

The first thing you do once you get a shop is to try to get rid of everything that you don't need. Stuff that is collecting dust in your PM will continue to do so for all eternity if you never plan to use it, or you can sell it to some people and double or triple your intake from missions.

How well your shop runs depends on how well you stock it. Having only an ageha-senba board sitting in it collecting dust will not gather as much attention as a varied stock of common synthing materials or weapons. Wood, ash, ebon, stelnium, chicotite, soldonium, zepotite, kubara wood, nanosilica/carbon/resin, green junk weapons that drop in missions, armor and weapon boards you don't need, upteline, kerseline, vest, vulc, etc. a lot of other people need, and if you take care of your shop then people who search for those materials will see what other things you have for sale.

Shinzakura
Jan 23, 2007, 06:37 PM
Another thing to keep in mind is that you might want to consider synthesizing some elemental weapons, armor, etc. and sell them in stores. I've noticed that a lot of times people are too lazy/busy/confused/etc. to synth them and will instead buy them from your store, so if you've got that +3 Fire Gigasaud that you made earlier and were going to feed to your PM, reconsider that and maybe sell in the store instead.

KyokoHunter
Jan 24, 2007, 01:16 PM
I got the 15000 meseta that I invested opening the shop back in two evenings, and now I'm making a profit. And that's just charging reasonable prices for my items! Then again, selling photons tends to help, they fly off the shelves like nobody's business.

bradsta6508
Jan 24, 2007, 01:17 PM
just sell megi photons for 7,000, and kubara wood for 10000. on the ps2 version of course. thats about all i sell.

Itchee
Jan 24, 2007, 01:20 PM
The shop is the way to go, as its open 24/7, allowing you to make money regardless of whether youre logged on or not....