PDA

View Full Version : FighGunners, which PA do you prefer?

Weakness
Jan 23, 2007, 08:54 PM
Just Curious as to what all the FighGunners out there think about the Double Saber PA's. I myself prefer Spiral Dance over Gravity Dance. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif It looks cooler, is faster, and the second hit knock back works wonders. Though I do see the upside to Gravity Dance, it does work far better in Bruce's then Spiral does... I just like kicking my weapon at a monster's forehead http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/anime1.gif.

So what do you guys prefer?

Ryo_Hayasa
Jan 23, 2007, 09:23 PM
Personally, i don't use a double saber, but i think. Spiral dance (the PA that JUST came out i think.) because even though it has a chance of knock back (i think) when used against bosses and interupted it's attack power and overal damage is amazing. Great, the perfect PA for crowds.

And personally i think it looks cooler. When Tornado dance comes out WATCH out. Phycho-crushers will be everywhere.

Edit: Spiral Dance came first, Gravity dance afterward. so i'm speaking about Gravity dance

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Ryo_Hayasa on 2007-01-23 18:29 ]</font>

Weakness
Jan 23, 2007, 09:25 PM
On 2007-01-23 18:23, Ryo_Hayasa wrote:
Personally, i don't use a double saber, but i think. Spiral dance (the PA that JUST came out) because even though it has a chance of knock back (i think) when used against bosses and interupted it's attack power and overal damage is amazing. Great, the perfect PA for crowds.

And personally i think it looks cooler. When Tornado dance comes out WATCH out. Phycho-crushers will be everywhere.

<.<; You have them backwards. Spiral Dance is the one that came out with the Advanced Jobs update, and Gravity Dance is the one that came out not to long ago.

PJ
Jan 23, 2007, 09:26 PM
Whichever one has the kicking double saber in the air, I like that one, purely for style. I'm pretty sure the other one in reality is better.

Tornado Dance... doesn't seem that good, except against bosses.

Rasputin
Jan 23, 2007, 09:27 PM
Both are good.

Garnet_Moon
Jan 23, 2007, 09:28 PM
On 2007-01-23 18:26, PJ wrote:
Tornado Dance... doesn't seem that good, except against bosses.

Better stockpile them 50% Double Sabers for those who plan to use Tornado Dance judiciously. ;3

As for me? Spiral Dance hands down. It was my first love on Double Saber. <3

ljkkjlcm9
Jan 23, 2007, 10:47 PM
I use the gravity dance, in fact I got it to 21 today. I have both over 21, and gravity dance will hit more times overall, and the last hit is really strong and hits the enemy up into the air, IE when he throws the saber at the enemy.

I actually think each has it's advantages. On a big enemy, I might use spiral dance, because the dash at the end will hit all 3 times, because the kick won't send a big monster flying. On groups, I definitely prefer gravity dance, while the last attack I've only had hit one enemy, I've only used it near one enemy. The first two parts of the PA are very damaging on groups of enemies. Each hit may only hit 2 enemies, but that's equal to the other PA, and it hits more times.

THE JACKEL

Kirip-san
Jan 23, 2007, 10:49 PM
I prefer Assault Crush~nyo.
If I had to choose though~nyo...
Spiral for torture~nyo.
Gravity for slaughter~nyo.

Reginaldo
Jan 24, 2007, 05:12 AM
Spiral dance by far. I only carry one double saber with me (my beloved crea doubles) and use it for attacking groups of mobs. I usually apply this strategy when I'm surrounded.:

1st hit to knock over any mob(s) that is in front of me, this will usually cause most mobs to just fall over.

2nd hit I turn immediately to whatever other mob is near me (you can control where you jump) and knock them away with the kick of the combo. This prevents me from taking more damage while I commence the third step of my strategy.

3rd hit I use the dash of it on the mobs I had caused to fall over previously since they don't get up that fast.

Either that or I just use it on bigger mobs.

Alternatively I just stick to Assault Crush for general mob pwnage.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Reginaldo on 2007-01-24 02:14 ]</font>

omegapirate2k
Jan 24, 2007, 08:20 AM
I'd probably choose Tornado Dance, if I used the double saber.

Para
Jan 24, 2007, 08:28 AM
Spiral Dance is nice because it has effects on all of its combo arcs. It also has sexy style with the double saber kicking.

However I love spinny stuff and Gravity Dance has a lot of spinning XD Plus the cool wind effects XD.

Shiro_Ryuu
Jan 24, 2007, 08:30 AM
although my former Fighgunner is now a Fortefighter, I would have to say that I like Gravity Dance better, IMO Sprial Dance is pretty lame and that part with the kick that knocks back misses very often.

Shaidar
Jan 24, 2007, 09:00 AM
They're pretty equal in my opinion. Spiral Dance is slightly faster and "safer" (due to knockback) to use in my opinion, and looks helluva cool. The damage output with spiral is pretty nice when you manage to get the mobs up against a wall, while Gravity works best when you approach a crowd from behind (haha). Well, in the end they're different tools with different uses. Spiral for interrupting (for pure mobcontrol I prefer to use twin sabers though) and gravity for sexy area damage.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Shaidar on 2007-01-24 06:03 ]</font>