PDA

View Full Version : Protranser

DummieAcount
Jan 23, 2007, 09:02 PM
Im considering going protranser but I need to at what point, if any, do they attain 191 ATA.

Im a cast male by the way.

Rizen
Jan 23, 2007, 09:07 PM
Currently Im a Human Protranser Lv 63/9 and I currently have 221 ATA.

I think Casts will active it earlier like around....58/6 I think. Give me a moment and I can give you an exact.

DummieAcount
Jan 23, 2007, 09:08 PM
On 2007-01-23 18:07, Rizen wrote:

I think Casts will active it earlier like around....58/6 I think. Give me a moment and I can give you an exact.

You own so hard.

Rizen
Jan 23, 2007, 09:11 PM
Hehe, I try. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif

I did a quick calculation and Cast Protranser gets around 191 ATA at BaseLv 50-55 and Protranser 5-6. It all depends on which levels first/fastest.

DummieAcount
Jan 23, 2007, 09:12 PM
On 2007-01-23 18:11, Rizen wrote:
Hehe, I try. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif

I did a quick calculation and Cast Protranser gets around 191 ATA at BaseLv 50-55 and Protranser 5-6. It all depends on which levels first/fastest.

Thanks again, and i guess im now going protranser.

Weakness
Jan 23, 2007, 09:13 PM
On 2007-01-23 18:08, DummieAcount wrote:

On 2007-01-23 18:07, Rizen wrote:

You own so hard.

*Watches a Forte Class come do whatever you are doing better*

Well sans traps... but I have seen one Protranser use them, so meh.

http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/anime1.gif Just kidding, Protranser <3

SolomonGrundy
Jan 23, 2007, 09:17 PM
Protransers get 100% ATA at rank 6 which is the metric I use for calculating whether to be one or not.

60/10 Human ATA is 212, so I would imagine at level 50/6 you would have 191 at least.

Lyrise
Jan 23, 2007, 09:30 PM
Assuming you're still levelling and your sig is incorrect (I mean your level is getting higher) you need at most PT lv5 to have 191. Obviously, if you keep levelling, it may hit lv4 tops. But you should never have to exceed 5 for 191 acc.

Anonymus
Jan 23, 2007, 09:53 PM
heh.....in mu opinion....don't even go protranser...because first of all, they can't use ANY S rank weapons.....and there stats are horrible compared to the other classes...if you would like to be an all around character, go wartecher....they can use the techs, and they can go close up, and they're good supposrt as well,im not saying that im critizing people who are protransers, but......=p

Golto
Jan 23, 2007, 09:57 PM
Lol ppl shouldn't put Prot down because they can't use the whole 2 srank weapons out now.

Rizen
Jan 23, 2007, 10:20 PM
On 2007-01-23 18:53, Anonymus wrote:
heh.....in mu opinion....don't even go protranser...because first of all, they can't use ANY S rank weapons.....and there stats are horrible compared to the other classes...if you would like to be an all around character, go wartecher....they can use the techs, and they can go close up, and they're good supposrt as well,im not saying that im critizing people who are protransers, but......=p

I tell you this, there really isnt much a problem with Protranser stats. Just because they are lower than most others, doesnt mean it should be avoided. Protranser's weapon selection more than makes up the stats. Learning and using the different types of weapons together makes the class very fun and useful and many situations. Think of Protranser as a mini Fortefighter and Fortegunner combined.

As for S ranks? I think people who go Protranser could care less. Grinded A ranks will be well more than enough to keep a Protranser happy, even non-Protranser classes (you can quote me on this one). Good example of this going on currently is the last big update with the A ranks. People always worry about having the best and "top notch" stuff that they were so quick to sell their stuff and get the new weapons. People like myself took those weapons off those peoples hands and grinded them to surpass the majority of the A ranks in strength, minus a bit of ATA here and there. Grinding may be a dirty business, but its very effective and worthwhile. Also, its not like all weapons will be S rank later. There will be a few rare A ranks that will be available for Protransers to use.

Seriously, I think people are too worried about stats and weapon ranks rather than giving a class a chance and enjoying an actual challenge of learning how to use them properly. People complain the game is too easy or dull. Why? Because the player makes it that way.

Sorry that I;m going off on ya and I do respect your opinion. Its just the way to came off. I just needed a little rant since I havent had one in a loooooooooooong time.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Rizen on 2007-01-23 19:20 ]</font>

foamcup
Jan 23, 2007, 10:38 PM
On 2007-01-23 19:20, Rizen wrote:

On 2007-01-23 18:53, Anonymus wrote:

I tell you this, there really isnt much a problem with Protranser stats. Just because they are lower than most others, doesnt mean it should be avoided. Protranser's weapon selection more than makes up the stats. Learning and using the different types of weapons together makes the class very fun and useful and many situations. Think of Protranser as a mini Fortefighter and Fortegunner combined.

As for S ranks? I think people who go Protranser could care less. Grinded A ranks will be well more than enough to keep a Protranser happy, even non-Protranser classes (you can quote me on this one). Good example of this going on currently is the last big update with the A ranks. People always worry about having the best and "top notch" stuff that they were so quick to sell their stuff and get the new weapons. People like myself took those weapons off those peoples hands and grinded them to surpass the majority of the A ranks in strength, minus a bit of ATA here and there. Grinding may be a dirty business, but its very effective and worthwhile. Also, its not like all weapons will be S rank later. There will be a few rare A ranks that will be available for Protransers to use.

Seriously, I think people are too worried about stats and weapon ranks rather than giving a class a chance and enjoying an actual challenge of learning how to use them properly. People complain the game is too easy or dull. Why? Because the player makes it that way.

Sorry that I;m going off on ya and I do respect your opinion. Its just the way to came off. I just needed a little rant since I havent had one in a loooooooooooong time.

[ This Message was edited by: Rizen on 2007-01-23 19:20 ]

Took the words right out of my mouth. If all you care about is S-Ranks and stats, maybe you need to go play another game.

EDIT: While leveling force, just use bows to level the bullets, don't waste money on techs.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: foamcup on 2007-01-23 19:40 ]</font>

Kimil
Jan 24, 2007, 12:34 AM
Lol what IS the point fo the 5 force levels anywyas? Its just annoying

Gamemako
Jan 24, 2007, 02:33 AM
On 2007-01-23 21:34, Kimil wrote:

Justification for lowering the base protranser stats, of course.

rena-ko
Jan 24, 2007, 05:41 AM
to have an unique growth? to blend in with people that cant decide? maybe both.

Rizen
Jan 24, 2007, 06:23 AM
On 2007-01-23 21:34, Kimil wrote:

I can agree with you here. Reason I think is because of the chance to level Bow up. *shrugs*

_Deliverance_
Jan 24, 2007, 07:03 AM
Yeah, I managed to get dark and fire to 10 before I was done with the force bit.
And yeah, anybody who knows what they are talking about, knows that a ground 9* axe/spear/knuckle/saber will own face. Same goes for any of the ranged weaponry that PT gets. If that doesn't convince you, then wait until traps get buffed in a future update.

If you've seen a protranser that wasn't using traps, unless it's a mission with very little in the way of hard targets, then you my friend, have just seen a shitty Protranser.

Your obviously entitled to your opinion, and hell...if you think wartecher is a better choice then go for it. All the better for me when my PT joins your game, and I burn the fucking house down http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif

Remedy
Jan 24, 2007, 07:16 AM
All I know is, I love Protransers and try to befriend them by giving them free traps. *nodnod*

Sekani
Jan 24, 2007, 08:15 AM
Slightly off-topic, but are there ANY protransers playing on 360? At all?

Syanaide
Jan 24, 2007, 09:14 AM
I bet there is, just not as many because the money flowing through the economy is a bit more tight than PS2/PC.

omegapirate2k
Jan 24, 2007, 09:24 AM
On 2007-01-24 05:15, Sekani wrote:
Slightly off-topic, but are there ANY protransers playing on 360? At all?

I know a few people who became protransers, haven't played much with them though

ljkkjlcm9
Jan 24, 2007, 09:33 AM
On 2007-01-24 04:03, _Deliverance_ wrote:
And yeah, anybody who knows what they are talking about, knows that a ground 9* axe/spear/knuckle/saber will own face. Same goes for any of the ranged weaponry that PT gets. If that doesn't convince you, then wait until traps get buffed in a future update.

If you've seen a protranser that wasn't using traps, unless it's a mission with very little in the way of hard targets, then you my friend, have just seen a shitty Protranser.

For your first point, having a 50% of any of those 9* weapons is far more important than grinding any of them. When it comes to hunter weapons, element is more important than grind. Now with ranged weapons (or force but not applicable in this case) the grind is wonderful. Element percentage is based on the PA, so you don't run the risk of destroying this rare 50% weapon like hunters do.

As for your second point, I can see PT's on 360 not using traps so much. They do cost money, and on 360, not everyone is running around with millions to just lay traps constantly like people on PC do.

THE JACKEL

Nayte
Jan 24, 2007, 09:44 AM
Never played Protranser but if you should be using traps and can't afford them, you'd be better off playing something else untill you can afford them then.
In FFXI (yeah, i went there), if a ninja can't afford shihei(ninja tool used for ninjutsu skills) then he/she is getting kicked out of that party.
I personally couldnt care less if a protranser decides not to use traps. But if you have them, might as well use them.

Rizen
Jan 24, 2007, 09:51 AM
On 2007-01-24 04:16, Remedy wrote:
All I know is, I love Protransers and try to befriend them by giving them free traps. *nodnod*

WHERE THE HELL YOU BEEN MY WHOLE PT LIFE!!!!? XD

Edit: Also, if you run into a Protranser that doesnt use traps, they either 1.)Dont have the money to buy traps (this is me alot of times, I dont run a shop anymore) 2.)Dont bother with traps.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Rizen on 2007-01-24 06:56 ]</font>

Remedy
Jan 24, 2007, 10:02 AM
If I notice a Protranser not using traps, I ask them if they need some, and then, if they do, give them the stack of five Virus Gs I carry with me at all times. =^.^=

DraginHikari
Jan 24, 2007, 10:06 AM
I wish people would stop assuming that everyone on PS2/PC has milllions and don't have to work at all for anything.

On topic, I've seen Protransers around, honsetly I haven't seen any problems with them, they tend to be slightly weaker oblivously then Forte types but they still hold their own fairly well.

MayLee
Jan 24, 2007, 10:06 AM
I have never understood this, but I see a lot of protancer hate on PSU and I honestly don't know why..o.o

Can someone explain to MayLee for she is confoozled. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif

panzer_unit
Jan 24, 2007, 10:23 AM
On 2007-01-24 06:33, ljkkjlcm9 wrote:
For your first point, having a 50% of any of those 9* weapons is far more important than grinding any of them.

Can you give me all the junk weapons you make along the way? I'd rather have a weapon with high grinds on a crap element %

EDIT: I'm not really in the wall-to-wall traps school of PT. Any gunner can do that. My shotguns and bows can do that. The traps I've got are all reserved for leaders / bosses.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: panzer_unit on 2007-01-24 07:26 ]</font>

Rizen
Jan 24, 2007, 10:28 AM
Another thing I would like to address with traps, Protransers don't have to use ton of traps durning missions. I love traps and traps help a lot, but not all that necessary. Only missions where enemies are difficult or annoying in stats (like Lab S Onma S Bruce A etc.).

You also have to remember the # limit on the number of traps a Protranser can hold. Personally, when I don't have another person to carry traps, I rely on Bow and Shotgun to inflict stats effects until a opportune moment raises that allows me to use the trap to its maximum potential.

Kuya
Jan 24, 2007, 10:30 AM
On 2007-01-23 18:57, Golto wrote:
Lol ppl shouldn't put Prot down because they can't use the whole 2 srank weapons out now.

Which two S ranks are out? The rod and something else right?

Rizen
Jan 24, 2007, 10:31 AM
On 2007-01-24 07:30, Kuya wrote:
Which two S ranks are out? The rod and something else right?
Crea DoubleSaber

Off topic: Remedy we still need to meet up >>

Remedy
Jan 24, 2007, 10:54 AM
Yes, we do. The issue is WHERE. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif

Merumeru
Jan 24, 2007, 10:58 AM
OMG FREE VIRUS TRAPS WHERE?!1 someone steal me into their party XP

im still curious how long itll take my Beast to get enough ATA to equip 9*s x3

Rizen
Jan 24, 2007, 10:59 AM
Im in Uni 15 doing VoC C right now http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif Password is 3432. Yes! Thats right I said my password! Incoming swarm!

Edit: Did a quick calcuation...and MeruMeru should have 190 at Baselv 70 Protranser 6-10. Thats enough to use any 9* Range weapon I believe http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/anime1.gif

Edit Again: Oops! I did male beasts by accident. Corrected it. But Male Beast will have 199 at 70 http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/anime2.gif
You should be able to use 9*s now.
Shotgun 9* = 164
Laser Cannon 9* = 165
Grenade Launcher 9* = 182 though http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_frown.gif

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Rizen on 2007-01-24 08:09 ]</font>

panzer_unit
Jan 24, 2007, 11:09 AM
Wow. I've been using 9* lasers and 'nades since like 60/5.

Grenades, you don't need an upgrade that badly. It's all about the knockdown. If you're a big fan of your laser cannon though... try and keep it state-of-the-art. Thunder Cannon does about 250 per hit for me, Laser Cannon does something like 190. Really adds up across the six faces I own with each shot.

Merumeru
Jan 24, 2007, 11:13 AM
On 2007-01-24 08:09, panzer_unit wrote:
Wow. I've been using 9* lasers and 'nades since like 60/5.

Grenades, you don't need an upgrade that badly. It's all about the knockdown. If you're a big fan of your laser cannon though... try and keep it state-of-the-art. Thunder Cannon does about 250 per hit for me, Laser Cannon does something like 190. Really adds up across the six faces I own with each shot.

XD ah the envy, oh well, i am beginning to like the laser a bit, probably because its ammo lasts a bit longer for me than the grenade, and the zonde/barta style 'tearing through shit' effect is nice for some situations (OMG9000+VOLFUS<333) but i just love that knockback on grenades; just screams 'SIT THE FUCK DOWN' X3 ahhh must buy another...

Remedy
Jan 24, 2007, 11:14 AM
I'll swing by in a while, then. :3 Talking to a buddy of mine right now. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif

_Deliverance_
Jan 24, 2007, 11:16 AM
<3 @ Remedy

panzer_unit
Jan 24, 2007, 11:35 AM
On 2007-01-24 08:13, Merumeru wrote:
XD ah the envy

Trade you for my axe envy. You've gotta be rolling on something bigger than the 7* by now, right?

Strider_M
Jan 24, 2007, 11:46 AM
Hmm I know Remedy AND Rizen....

Guess I have the best of both worlds lol
Unfortunately I haven't partied with Rizen yet lol
I need to party with other Pros to learn their techniques and combine them with my own...

And anyone know when/if I'm able to use an AXE?!

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Strider_M on 2007-01-24 08:47 ]</font>

Merumeru
Jan 24, 2007, 11:49 AM
On 2007-01-24 08:35, panzer_unit wrote:
You've gotta be rolling on something bigger than the 7* by now, right?

XP nope, still gots my 7*(339ATP), only got 383ATP right now, 395 to use 8*

Rizen
Jan 24, 2007, 11:52 AM
I posted when Human M Protransers can in the Protranser guide a few days ago. (http://www.pso-world.com/viewtopic.php?topic=129779&forum=22&start=135&150#146)

It was either 60/8 or 61/7, which ever comes first.