PDA

View Full Version : Strange, strange things heard passing by

Shinzakura
Jan 24, 2007, 02:27 AM
How many of you have heard some really inexplicable things as you've walked by or been in the area as someone else?

For example, today I was heading out through the Lakeshore Field Lobby on Uni 15 when a couple of people were sitting and chatting. No big thing, I'm charging up weapons, buying some stuff from the shopbot, running for the door to the next mission on the other side, and you can see the speech bubbles just going on:

(NOTE: The names are edited out to protect the clueless. Statements were said over the course of several bubbles.)

CAST: You know what? This game's so cool, I wonder if Sega's going to make any other games.
Newman: They did. This is the sequel to Phantasy Star Online.
CAST: No, man, not like that. I'm wondering if they'll make any offline versions of the game. You know, like an RPG or something.
CAST 2: Your an idiot.
Beast: You have GOT to be kidding me. There's a whole bunch of Phantasy Star games. They've been around since the Genesis.
CAST 2: Before then. The old Sega system.
CAST: No, that's not right. You're probly thinking of Final Fantasy.

It was at this point I had to walk away from the computer, laughing my tail of, before I responded to the clueless one.

So, anyone else run into that kind of situation?

Chuiji
Jan 24, 2007, 02:34 AM
Yeah but...none worth mentioning in the presence of such an awesome story.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Chuiji on 2007-01-23 23:35 ]</font>

Omega_Weltall
Jan 24, 2007, 06:48 AM
sad.. so sad that the original Phantasy Star series has been almost completely ignored cause Final Fantasy stole its thunder (well Final Fantasy DID come out before PS in Japan) http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif oh well...

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Omega_Weltall on 2007-01-24 03:54 ]</font>

omegapirate2k
Jan 24, 2007, 09:19 AM
Hahahah stupid people have been around since the dawn of time. Nothing new.

Magician
Jan 24, 2007, 09:39 AM
I too know nothing of the canon since I've never played any of the rpgs, but at least I know of their existence.

MayLee
Jan 24, 2007, 10:01 AM
I've been in kinda of the same situation. Standing around Clez city 4th floor and reading is fun..

foamcup
Jan 24, 2007, 10:21 AM
Man, I saw two idiots like that waaaaay back when Final Fantasy 9 was released. I'm at the game store to pick up a copy, and two noobs are looking at Ecco the Dolphin on the display Dremacast and one says to the other: "There's a game like this on that Dreamcast."

nefarious
Jan 24, 2007, 10:22 AM
*cough*SegaMasterSystem*cough* lol

Knowyourrootsassmaggot. lol

I actually just had my hands on a master system and the origional Phantasy Star, a few days ago.

bradsta6508
Jan 24, 2007, 10:24 AM
WAIT A SEC YOU CAN USE A MIC ON THE PS2 VERSION CORRECT?

foamcup
Jan 24, 2007, 10:31 AM
On 2007-01-24 07:24, bradsta6508 wrote:
WAIT A SEC YOU CAN USE A MIC ON THE PS2 VERSION CORRECT?

No.

Akaimizu
Jan 24, 2007, 10:32 AM
No. And the original poster was viewing a conversation done in text.

Hyda
Jan 24, 2007, 10:36 AM
I heard something simliar to that once...Unfortunatly they didn't get the memo that Psu beat out Final Fantasy in Best Role Playing Game>_> How sad for those who didn't hear that.

Wheatpenny
Jan 24, 2007, 11:17 AM
I am sure the folks who walked by in the lobby when i accidently said "Well yeah its like soccer but naked" out of party accidentay got a ear full.

_Deliverance_
Jan 24, 2007, 11:30 AM
On 2007-01-24 06:19, omegapirate2k wrote:
Hahahah stupid people have been around since the dawn of time. Nothing new.

I was going to post my thoughts, but this pretty much sums it up. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif

SuperRygar
Jan 24, 2007, 11:35 AM
you picked a bad example based on the title of this thread...what you cited depicts a person who doesn't the past of this game series, and makes a 'stupid' comment. that isn't strange, as the title would lead you to believe. it should be called "things that made me feel uber superior to noobs" http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif