PDA

View Full Version : Bullet upgrades

Punter
Jan 24, 2007, 02:49 AM
When you hit lvl 11 or 21 with PAs, you do some cool new move. What about bullets? For example, shotguns go from 3 bullets being shot to 4 when it hits lvl 11. Or rifle status effect lvl goes up. How about the rest? Could someone post up the upgraded effects for every type of gun?

Laranas
Jan 24, 2007, 02:59 AM
Guns get more elemental % on the weapon, sometimes fire faster, and in some cases get a higher Status Effect Lv, all of which making them more useful

Retehi
Jan 24, 2007, 03:01 AM
As far as I know, Shotgun gets 5 bullets at level 21, quite a good range. Rifles get SE4 at 21, have fun infecting Svaltus, and most other mini-bosses with that.

Gamemako
Jan 24, 2007, 03:01 AM
And certain weapons get other buffs, such as more bullets. Crossbows get a second bullet at 11 and a third at 21. Cards/Fans/Throwing Blades/Whatever-you-want-to-call-them get a third bullet at level 11, but not a fourth at 21.

Punter
Jan 24, 2007, 03:02 AM
Thanks, but I'm looking for more specifics. I'd like to know what happens to each kind of gun. Perhaps there's a link someone could post that has what I'm looking for.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Punter on 2007-01-24 00:04 ]</font>

rena-ko
Jan 24, 2007, 03:05 AM
how about this? (http://psupedia.info/index.php?title=Bullets)

Punter
Jan 24, 2007, 03:11 AM
PERFECT! Thanks!

Lastat27
Jan 24, 2007, 03:31 AM
Psupedia is never totally 100% accurate though. Just taking a quick look at that chart and I see Rifle's range increases from 25-26 from level 11 - 21 and then decreases from 26-25 from level 21-30. The actual range for Rifle's at 30 is somewhere close to 26.6 and Longbows at 26.1.

Side note, it may look like Longbows shoot further, but Rilfe's shoot 0.5m further then Longbow's at every level.

rena-ko
Jan 24, 2007, 04:20 AM
according to the perfect bible:

(weapon): (level 1-10), (level 11-20), (level 21-30)
Longbow range: 25m, 25.6m, 26.1m
Rifle range: 25.2m, 25.9m, 26.6m

thats the good as well as the bad thing with wikis - everyone can contribute to it.
as long as there's someone supervising everything, its not a bad system...

Itsuki
Jan 24, 2007, 04:47 AM
Also, it helps that if you see something wrong, you fix it. With an active community, a wiki generally stays active. But if you go "Oh, I noticed this error" and don't fix it, then nothing is being accomplished, it might as well not even be a wiki. XD

Lastat27
Jan 24, 2007, 08:41 AM
Heh, problem with editing a wiki is even I don't know if I'm right. All the information I learn is passed down through quite random forum threads.

ljkkjlcm9
Jan 24, 2007, 09:01 AM
I edited the psupedia, with the whole grinding charts. I did the research on it myself, so I knew it was correct. Most of the time you can actually figure it out for yourself and then edit it. I've only put up things on it that I have actually seen/done

THE JACKEL

Kuya
Jan 24, 2007, 09:50 AM
You know someone posted a translation site for the JP Wiki for PSU but I can't find the thread OR the link now. :T The translation tool started with a 64.something.something.something though lol - If someone could hook me up http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_wink.gif

Criss
Jan 24, 2007, 10:00 AM
I've been wondering... what exactly does the SE level affect? Activation rate, pcentage of enemy HP done in DoT, enabling the SE to work on stronger monsters, etc?

Akaimizu
Jan 24, 2007, 10:23 AM
I'm a bit unsure if I can definitely state all of the properties that SE effect level affects. I've gathered some on-the-field data of what kind of monsters you can infect SEs on, depending on SE effect Level.

Boss monsters are generally out of the SE equation. You can't affect them like that. But here's what I gathered they do, from a "who can you affect" perspective.

SE1 - Normal grunts of a given type of field monster.
SE2 - Upgraded types of a given field monster. (The upgraded kind that may have extra defense and other things)
SE3 - Monster Kings. (Denoted by a crown)
SE4 - Big Mid-boss types.

It could be different, but that's what I can gather, considering I use Bows and Dual Handgun types. There's some monster types I just can't affect with Twin guns no matter how high my bullets are (I do have 1 maxed, and another high up in the last level before it maxes). They only cap at SE effect level 2.
They don't seem to get much of a boost for levels, compared to a lot of other guns other than elemental damage. I haven't done a complete survey to find out if they get better elemental damage distribution or not. Still, in general their firing rate generally allows them to deal higher damage per second, for the same comparable rank. (not so sure in comparison to shotguns)

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Akaimizu on 2007-01-24 07:27 ]</font>

Golto
Jan 24, 2007, 11:32 AM
I think twin handgun bullets get a little more elemental % at lvl 21+ than rifle bullets at the same lvl. They also get the same increase in acc and atp per lvl as rifle bullets. Not all 'King" type monsters have good se immunity. Some enemies like King Badrias and King Ollukas can be effected by se lvl 2 and possibly se lvl 1.

Sexy_Raine
Jan 24, 2007, 12:59 PM
Leveling bullets can increase damage, status effect, and sometimes give a enhanced shooting ability(such as shotgun at higher lv's).