PDA

View Full Version : Temp. Deactivation/quitting?

nefarious
Jan 24, 2007, 10:27 AM
Does anyone know if you can cancel your "Licence" for PSU, and come back later, and still have your character?

Or are they being a bunch of money mongers and deleting everything on your account if you deactivate it?

FFXI has a program where you can return up to 6 months later, and still have all your stuff.

And I know for a fact that CoH and CoV characters either have an ungodly long expiration period, or don't expire at all.

I'm not really playing much lately, and I'd like to just wait till a little more content is out overall, before I engross myself in the game anymore. That, and I'm playing with my wiiiiii =3
[Edit; point being, I'm kinda sick of paying for it since I'm not playing....But if it was a choice between deleting, and paying... well, I've put like 200 hours into the game. So I think I can deal with like, what I make on one work shift, to cover the next year and some. =P]

P.s.
WarioWare is farking awesome.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: nefarious on 2007-01-24 07:29 ]</font>

Rizen
Jan 24, 2007, 10:37 AM
I believe so. I cant say for 100% sure but I dont think they will delete your stuff for canceling.

Edit: After a quick look. No, it wont be deleted.
http://www.phantasystaruniverse.com/support_faq.php#billingandaccounts

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Rizen on 2007-01-24 07:39 ]</font>

Neith
Jan 24, 2007, 10:38 AM
As far as I know, when you cancel your subscription, it's not deleted- but once canceled, you apparently have 90 days to reactivate before your characters get deleted. I say apparently, because the same was said for PSOBB, and people came back a year later to find their characters intact.

But yes, canceling your account isn't permanent, you can reactivate it whenever you like.