PDA

View Full Version : Machineguns

Mio
Jan 24, 2007, 11:47 AM
I'm a big lover of machineguns, even if they're weaker than many other ranged weapons.

But then I've read about the improvement of Machineguns in JP version of the game, and i was happy, today i've read the improvements of the bullets on JP Wikia.

As for now Machineguns stop at 125% dmg and 10% elemental...

They will become... 150% dmg and 20% elemental!!! I'm sure i will use Mechguns more than Twins http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif What do you think??

SuperRygar
Jan 24, 2007, 11:55 AM
I agree completely! I wish they had tons of PP tho, but you can always just carry multiple guns. Im a huge supporter of using all kinds of guns. I have one of each on my palette at all times ^.^

OdinTyler
Jan 24, 2007, 12:01 PM
Theyre a pain in the ass to raise, but, well worth it. Depending on which elements you use (I use Earth & Fire on my Beast), you can do some serious damage. I found they work best on small & medium enemies. You can use them to clear out crowds & it helps build up your Bullet PAs. If there is improvement for them, thats great. Cant wait to see the difference (whenever I get online http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_frown.gif ).

Mio
Jan 24, 2007, 12:11 PM
I think they're the fastest weapon to level! Trust me! The rate of fire make you get easy levels for it!

SuperRygar
Jan 24, 2007, 12:20 PM
he may be refering to the fact that it takes about 1 minute to empty your PP, probably less that that. You would have to have 6 guns with you and 10 Photon Charges to clear 1 Block of a Mission. they're just addons, you have to use your other weapons. so they can be a pain to raise unless you dedicate yourself to it. other weapons dont seem to have the same issue, IMO

ljkkjlcm9
Jan 24, 2007, 12:59 PM
Ice is the only element that I have for a mechgun. Freezing the enemy means guaranteed hit, which is great help with the low ATA of a mechgun.

THE JACKEL

-Crokar-
Jan 24, 2007, 02:53 PM
i love machineguns. they are a good support weapon

Rashiid
Jan 24, 2007, 02:57 PM
fire & dark are mah favs, cauz burning/intoxicated a mob of enemys and the damage the mechgun does, perfect combo http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/anime1.gif

Witchblade56
Jan 24, 2007, 03:01 PM
I love knocking the mobs down or back then running up and drilling them with mine http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif

Itsuki
Jan 24, 2007, 03:19 PM
Don't forget the mechgun ult PA. Its actually really good. Makes the mechgun fire even faster, but makes all the bullets launch the enemy. Can stand behind a bil de vear or jarba and just put it into stunlock until you run out of ammo.

PMB960
Jan 24, 2007, 04:22 PM
The best part is they cause enemies to twitch. This is awesome for fighting enemies like Kog Nadd or Polavohra with lots of HP since they basically sit there and have a seizure while everyone else keeps smacking it. I have every Mechgun gun bullet(along with every rifle,dual,and shotgun bullet) and I keep 2 with me atleast for now while trying to level the bullets. I usually burn through those as fast as I can just to spread the SE and tag everything.

-Ryuki-
Jan 24, 2007, 04:23 PM
I've never really tried Machineguns to be honest. Luckily, I did manage to pick up a free B-rank one, so I'll try that out before I decide the bullets are worth buying.

bob02
Jan 24, 2007, 04:46 PM
I got 2 mechgun with my Guntecher... both 9*... they run out of pp fast but they do great dmg... and i use fire PA... BURN!

Dymalos
Jan 24, 2007, 04:48 PM
I run with 3x Beam Vulcanics on my Guntecher. The PP on them is considerably higher than any other Mechgun, which is something I think will be beneficial when you consider the PP Cost of the Ultimate P.A.

Mio
Jan 24, 2007, 09:00 PM
I keep with me 6 Machineguns ( but i equip only 2 in the quickbar )

For leveling the bullets i used 12 1* machineguns, the bullet levels so fast, specially after lvl 21, it's easier than before O_o