PDA

View Full Version : PSU-XBox 360: The people on the demo scare me.

ZeldaSerenade
Jan 24, 2007, 12:43 PM
I don't know if anyone here is playing the demo besides me (I assume most of you have the full game), but upon checking out Universes 1-3 (the most populous, obviously), I got a little creeped out. A majority of the characters were saying things like "FREE LAP DANCE FOR $500" (which makes no sense to me...) or "I'LL SHOW YOU MY CHEST FOR $200, and others were cursing at the people advertising such silly ads (LEARN TO ****ING SPELL YOU ****ING ****!).

Apparently, the Xbox 360 chat doesn't have any censors, or people found ways around them.

Maybe it was because I played on Noobiverses 1-3, but does anyone know if people on the 360 full game are anything like this? It's just hard to find PSOW-ers sometimes, and I'd like to be able to play on other servers, should Uni 15 be empty...

Axel3792
Jan 24, 2007, 12:44 PM
That is scary *shudders*

MayLee
Jan 24, 2007, 12:46 PM
Universe 1 is what you should be afraid of.

And it is imposible to censor a VOICE CHAT. Just to let you know.

Enter at your own risk..>.>

ZeldaSerenade
Jan 24, 2007, 12:49 PM
No, not voice chat, I mean the keyboard chat...literally people typed out cursewords.

MayLee
Jan 24, 2007, 12:52 PM
On 2007-01-24 09:49, ZeldaSerenade wrote:
No, not voice chat, I mean the keyboard chat...literally people typed out cursewords.

There IS a way to get out of censored words. The censor is rediclous because they censor so many things that isn't bad. like. "Help" "No Problem" and such. You have to place the "@" symbol in the beginuing of your sentence BUT it wont work for bad cuss words...

ZeldaSerenade
Jan 24, 2007, 12:54 PM
You sure? Because I saw full-out F word last night, no lies.

Anyway, that's all I wanted to know. Perhaps when I get the 360 version, I'll just stick to Uni 15. ^o^

Syanaide
Jan 24, 2007, 12:59 PM
I don't know if it's been fixed in the full versio nor not, but in the early days on ps2/pc you were able to use the F-bomb as long as you had -ing at the end. i.e. F***ing.

MayLee
Jan 24, 2007, 01:01 PM
sega is being du,b on the censoring. you can say the B word, and the F word by bypassing it but you can't bypass the SH word. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_lol.gif

Anywho, good luck with the whole Uni 15..You'll be soloing there for a while because that plavce is a deserted Universe.

Itchee
Jan 24, 2007, 01:17 PM
The people arent all that bad on the full-version server...but you do have to pick and choose your battles. If all else fails, you do have your best buddy, Mr. Blacklist...

MayLee
Jan 24, 2007, 01:20 PM
On 2007-01-24 10:17, Itchee wrote:
The people arent all that bad on the full-version server...but you do have to pick and choose your battles. If all else fails, you do have your best buddy, Mr. Blacklist...

I think there was someone on the 360 version named that. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_lol.gif

omegapirate2k
Jan 24, 2007, 01:38 PM
The censoring in PSU pisses me off, in the end it's truly useless, as any determined person will keep adding slashes or dots to words to let them show whatever they want. It basically makes things harder, my #1 killer is "tit" because it doesn't count spaces, so any word that ends with a t followed by "it", will result in instant censoring. It's a huge pain.

JAFO22000
Jan 24, 2007, 01:58 PM
I haven't seen much of this on the 360 (besides the usually riffraff in uni 1 & 2). You have to remember that all of these asstards are on for free right now. Once they have to start paying, they'll go somewhere else. Most of them are kids bored with GoW....

prismsub5
Jan 24, 2007, 06:11 PM
On 2007-01-24 10:58, JAFO22000 wrote:
I haven't seen much of this on the 360 (besides the usually riffraff in uni 1 & 2). You have to remember that all of these asstards are on for free right now. Once they have to start paying, they'll go somewhere else. Most of them are kids bored with GoW....

1 & 2? more like 1~5 (http://s4.photobucket.com/albums/y132/EleQusion/360/)(<-- Game Experience May Change During Online Play) http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_wacko.gif

Coxy
Jan 24, 2007, 11:59 PM
There's usually a good few of us on uni 11 on the proper game - head over to http://www.psu-uk.com to meet some cool people to do runs with

xRei
Jan 25, 2007, 12:35 AM
....The 360 demo, redlight district of PSU

Mugenakuma
Jan 25, 2007, 04:10 AM
Yea there are definitely some sick individuals on the 360 server, although every online game will have these types. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_frown.gif

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Mugenakuma on 2007-01-25 01:11 ]</font>

Akaimizu
Jan 25, 2007, 11:58 AM
Take note. Universe 16 is the unofficial Japanese server. Nothing in particular about it, but it seems that there's been some *perhaps by forum* agreement that the majority playing the Japanese version will go to Universe 16. So if you find out that you're surrounded by characters that have names in Japanese *kana*, you might be on Universe 16.

Hmm. I can make a whole thing out of this, using a dialect, and attitude, from a well-known comedian.

If you run around Parum and see this female cast named Midori spelled out in some foreign language......."You might be" on Universe 16.

If you come home, after a hard days work; go online with PSU to join a party, and they happen to be talking all about the next Dragon Quest the whole time...again... in a foreign language? "You might be" on Universe 16.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Akaimizu on 2007-01-25 09:03 ]</font>

Invisus
Jan 25, 2007, 04:28 PM
Circumventing the idiots isn't too hard. You will find most people don't act that way once in game. I contribute to the delinquency in lobbies, but am tamer in games(unless I'm in a locked room amongst friends, it truly is in your best interest not to guess my password as some have found out). Either way if you give it a shot you will find people you enjoy playing with. Get their cards/gamertags and stick with them

As a side note the stupidity weens off at higher level. Most the people spamming like that are low level kids with nothing better to do( I just have nothing better to do sometimes =P )