PDA

View Full Version : Photon Arts lvl Faster?

lildeezy
Jan 24, 2007, 12:55 PM
Okay a two days ago i was playing on the 360 and i got in a team of 4 on mootoab. The guy i was playin with said that photon arts level faster when your in your races hometown. Is that true or false? Might be a stupid question but i was curious

MayLee
Jan 24, 2007, 12:59 PM
FALSE

You're Your photons sometimes level faster only kinda depending on what class you are in. Sometimes it can take a while in a certain class and sometimes it doesn't.

I know when I was a Force, I capped Foie so fast but when I gone Fortetecher. It's harder to level it.

Syanaide
Jan 24, 2007, 01:02 PM
MayLee, This can be also be due to the fact that your Foie caps at 20 on your Force, but 30 on your Fortetecher. Higher skill levels means more time spent to cap it.

foamcup
Jan 24, 2007, 01:09 PM
On 2007-01-24 09:55, lildeezy wrote:
Okay a two days ago i was playing on the 360 and i got in a team of 4 NOOBS on mootoab. The NOOB i was playin with said that photon arts level faster when your in your races hometown. Is that true or false? Might be a stupid question but i was curious

Had to correct your spelling there. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_lol.gif

ANYWAY. That is the dumbest idea anyone has ever had. Too bad we can't magically reach across the intarweb and give these people the slap in the mouth they deserve.

MayLee
Jan 24, 2007, 01:10 PM
On 2007-01-24 10:02, Syanaide wrote:
MayLee, This can be also be due to the fact that your Foie caps at 20 on your Force, but 30 on your Fortetecher. Higher skill levels means more time spent to cap it.

That could be true too. >.>

JAFO22000
Jan 24, 2007, 02:14 PM
On 2007-01-24 10:09, foamcup wrote:

ANYWAY. That is the dumbest idea anyone has ever had. Too bad we can't magically reach across the intarweb and give these people the slap in the mouth they deserve.

Actually, I think this rates behind the "Arrange your room decs. for better drops!" theory or the "Do you have to use a melee weapon to get a Deljaban blade, because you have to cut it off instead of shooting it or hitting it with a TECH??" question.

But, yeah, this is pretty lame. Please, haven't we learned by now??

Syl
Jan 24, 2007, 02:19 PM
On 2007-01-24 11:14, JAFO22000 wrote:

"Do you have to use a melee weapon to get a Deljaban blade, because you have to cut it off instead of shooting it or hitting it with a TECH??" question.

LMAO!!!

I've heard dumb ones relating to the closed shop and bar in the GC... gawd ppl have such vivid imaginations http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif

Rashiid
Jan 24, 2007, 02:25 PM

Actually, I think this rates behind the "Arrange your room decs. for better drops!" theory or the "Do you have to use a melee weapon to get a Deljaban blade, because you have to cut it off instead of shooting it or hitting it with a TECH??" question.

lol that room decor thing is such BS....

foamcup
Jan 24, 2007, 03:07 PM

OH YEAH! I forgot about the decoration bullshit and cutting off monster parts with melee weapons. We need like a physical manifestation of natural selection to go around shooting the people who start these dumb rumors in the head.

Rika-san
Jan 24, 2007, 04:15 PM
just as bad as the "if you get the final hit on de-ragan attacking his tail, the de-ragan tail will always drop"

Akaimizu
Jan 24, 2007, 04:20 PM
On 2007-01-24 13:15, Rika-san wrote:
just as bad as the "if you get the final hit on de-ragan attacking his tail, the de-ragan tail will always drop"

Now you know that's completely false. The De-Ragan tail will not "always" drop if you forget to do that while singing the "Howdy Doody Time" Theme song. People really need to get their facts straight. (With a Napoleon Dynamite expression) GOSH!!!

Syanaide
Jan 24, 2007, 04:46 PM
On 2007-01-24 13:20, Akaimizu wrote:

On 2007-01-24 13:15, Rika-san wrote:

Now you know that's completely false. The De-Ragan tail will not "always" drop if you forget to do that while singing the "Howdy Doody Time" Theme song. People really need to get their facts straight. (With a Napoleon Dynamite expression) GOSH!!!

I have actually had amazing success with this technique! So far 3 for 3! The secret is to sing over a ventrillo/teamspeak server with at least five active listeners. Go for it.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Syanaide on 2007-01-24 13:47 ]</font>

OdinTyler
Jan 26, 2007, 03:57 PM
A good way to level up your PAs faster is go to places that are much lower level than you. Sometimes, PAs gain XP when youre repeatedly hitting the same enemy (varies). However, Ive found you tend to have a higher chance of actually getting XP when you kill an enemy quick. If youre say, Lv30 & go to a Lv5-15 place, your PAs WILL go up quicker.

Keep in mind, this advice varies on the type of PA. When you learn a 2nd PA for a particular weapon, Ive noticed that it raises MUCH faster than the previous one. Maybe its a reward for when you master the first one, I dont know. Im going on mastering a weapon PA & then working on its 2nd one. It DOES level up faster.

NPCMook
Jan 26, 2007, 04:09 PM
The funny thing is, people will stand up for these rumors and fight for them to the death... I was in a party and someone stated the whole room deco thing and that it actually increased his Drop rate gradually, He claimed he had gotten several rares on a 0 star luck day in a C grade mission Solo...

Who doesn't get several rares when they play alone?

OdinTyler
Jan 26, 2007, 04:12 PM
What I said werent rumors. Theyre fact. I cant speak for other people tho. I will say that this applies to offline. Maybe online its different?

Witchblade56
Jan 26, 2007, 04:13 PM
I have seen on my force that skilling up PAs is dependent upon whether it is AoE like the gi-spells or the debuffs or if its single target.

A couple of interesting things i found while skilling up buffs/debuffs. After level 11 the rate of skill ups per casting in a full party [including npcs] was two casts per % on shifta/deband/zodial/retier. At level 21 the rate of skill up increased to three casts in a full party. It was confirmed by Guardianknuckles that if you solo your skill ups on yourself only its 7 cast per % on your buffs after level 11.

When skilling my debuffs it seemed that i only saw the attack down rings on five of the mobs at any given time versus 6. I had a good group of 10 badira i was skilling on. I couldnt get it to stick on six at a time and i was doing it in relics C Sleeping warriors. Skill ups prior to 11 were the same; they leveled very quickly. After 11 it took me 2 casts per %. RIght now they are level 16 jellen and 16 zalure.

Also of note with the debuffs; you can only land two at a time. If you do zoldeel/jellen and then cast zalure it overwrites one of the other two.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Witchblade56 on 2007-01-26 13:15 ]</font>

Thrash777
Jan 26, 2007, 04:49 PM
RULE No. 1: If it sounds like BS, it probably is.

I, and most other people use this golden rule. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/anime1.gif

Dante1
Jan 26, 2007, 08:45 PM
i was doin the gaurdians S linear line,and i had a light based wep and my PA lvl 6 times within 5 mins so it could be the elements work with leveling also
http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_cool.gif

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Dante1 on 2007-01-26 17:47 ]</font>

Schubalts
Jan 27, 2007, 01:53 PM
On 2007-01-26 13:49, Thrash777 wrote:
RULE No. 1: If it sounds like BS, it probably is.

I, and most other people use this golden rule. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/anime1.gif

/Off-Topic: I though RULE NO. 1 was, "If it exists, there is pron of it."

Kaydin
Jan 27, 2007, 02:25 PM
Actually there is a place where PA's level faster. It's a magical place called STORY MODE.

rena-ko
Jan 27, 2007, 02:46 PM
On 2007-01-27 10:53, Schubalts wrote:
/Off-Topic: I though RULE NO. 1 was, "If it exists, there is pron of it."

thats rule 34. get your facts straight >.>

anyway, PAs (=techs =bullets) indeed need more tags (PA exp) per level. and thats gradually. so far noone really counted how many tags a level needs, but there are values known how many you need to reach level 5, 10, 15, 20, 25, 30.

generally: the more enemies you hit, the faster you'll level that tech. debuffs tag a max of 6 enemies. its not a 100% chance to tag all of them tho. i noticed that shifta and deband quite often miss one out of 6 pannons.

Garnet_Moon
Jan 27, 2007, 02:52 PM
Bullets are hardest to level.
Techs aren't hard or easy to level.
PA's are the easiest to level.

If you disagree you have no idea what you're doing nor have you tried all three archetypes: Hunter, Force, Ranger.