PDA

View Full Version : Scam Artist. Looking for a real name.

Weakness
Jan 24, 2007, 03:16 PM
So I was searching though shop today, looking for a Nightwalker. Found everything I needed, all good and dandy right?

Well I stumbled into a shop, name was "my shop" not capitalized. The advertisement said "1/4 chance for a Crea Doubles."

Well, there were four presents, all 10 star, all for 25 million. Now I have some money to blow, I have 4 crafting PMs, so I figured why not?

Bought one, was a Junaline... was disappointed, but figured, well I'll just buy the rest. I would happily pay 100,000,000 for a Crea Double. So I went, got another 75,000,000 out of my bank, came back and bought the other 3...

Yup, you guess it... all Junalines. I feel like an idiot, no need to rub it in. I am gonna sit in his room until he comes to get the money and politely ask for it back. And if not, maybe not so politely and try to report him for a scam.

Anyway, if anyone who knows the real character of "my shop" would oh so kindly PM me, it would be appreciated.

Will get pics up here in a second.

AlieNxxxxxxxx
Jan 24, 2007, 03:18 PM
idiot, never buy presents when someone claims there is an uber-rare/good item in them.

JAFO22000
Jan 24, 2007, 03:22 PM
Caveat Emptor.

Also, if something seems to good to be true, it probably is. If this guy did indeed have a Crea Double, do you think he would gift wrap it? This was NOT a scam. False advertisement maybe, but no scam. I don't think you should wait for this guy and ask for your money back. HE put the presents out for sale, YOU bought them. Don't believe the ad on ANYONE'S store. Your bad.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: JAFO22000 on 2007-01-24 12:23 ]</font>

McLaughlin
Jan 24, 2007, 03:23 PM
It's hardly a scam. No one will do anything about it. For all Sega knows, he sold it already and forgot to change his ad.

You have only yourself to blame.

Weakness
Jan 24, 2007, 03:26 PM
/Sigh, guess everyone is right... my own damned fault, now I am down to not a whole lot left. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/anime1.gif Time to get back to crafting to make my money back.

Well on the upside he wont get all of my money since the max storage is 99,999,999.

I am tempted to buy out all is weapons just to peeve him.

MomoHana
Jan 24, 2007, 03:28 PM
Isn't it 11 Star

Weakness
Jan 24, 2007, 03:29 PM
Nope, 10 star...

At least I can get some money back selling the Junalines.

Chris28
Jan 24, 2007, 03:30 PM
shouldve kept them, hunted the board, and made your own doubles. Easier said than done, of course.

Eliash
Jan 24, 2007, 03:30 PM
Nope Crea Doubles is 10*. I have one but haven't crafted it yet...need 9 more goldania!

I had a guide on some of the current scams, but it seems to have been buried and no one was really using it.

Pure-chan
Jan 24, 2007, 03:36 PM
I saw that shop last night, sorry to see someone fell for it.

Umi_Ryu
I feel sorry for you. I don't know if you will manage to get him banned for this, and I bet he will not want to give your money back at all.

Still it is silly from him, he could have made much more money by actually putting a rare weapon and four non-rare with the same star number, with selling the gifts at, let's say 75~85% of the average price.

_ViX_
75,000,000... WooHoo for the economy! I'm glad inflation hasn't hurt PS2/Pc.

*sarcasm*

Weakness
Jan 24, 2007, 03:39 PM
On 2007-01-24 12:30, Sinow wrote:
shouldve kept them, hunted the board, and made your own doubles. Easier said than done, of course.

http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_lol.gif That thought just occurred to me. Guess I will keep the Junaline and find my own board.

http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif Can serve as a reminder not to be so loose with my play money.

On 2007-01-24 12:36, _ViX_ wrote:
75,000,000... WooHoo for the economy! I'm glad inflation hasn't hurt PS2/Pc.

*sarcasm*

The saddest part? I still have over 100,000,000 across my characters.

Witchblade56
Jan 24, 2007, 03:43 PM
1. Dont do it; you will most likely -NOT- find what is advertised in the present.

2. I follow rule #1.

just don't do it. This poor guy got shafted. There are no false advertising clauses in the EULA :/

psu
Jan 24, 2007, 03:49 PM
I would happily pay 100,000,000 for a Crea Double. So I went, got another 75,000,000 out of my bank, came back and bought the other 3...

The fact that you have so much hacked currency that you rush into stupid scams like this makes me puke.
In fact i'll say you deserve this for being so flippant with your haxseta.

Umi_Ryu
Jan 24, 2007, 03:56 PM
Bravo, nice for a first post, psu. If you want to come and accuse someone to cheat, please, give us clues.

Also, if he was a hacker, would he care about losing meseta ? Certainly not, he would just have made more.

Eliash
Jan 24, 2007, 03:56 PM
So what if s/he had so much hacked meseta, the inflation there is bad enough that it almost requires people to over price everything in order to actually be able to buy anything from other players.

As long as s/he didn't hack the meseta into exsistance, s/he still had to work to get the money. A scam is a scam, regardless of the target.

Weakness
Jan 24, 2007, 03:57 PM
On 2007-01-24 12:49, psu wrote:

The fact that you have so much hacked currency that you rush into stupid scams like this makes me puke.
In fact i'll say you deserve this for being so flippant with your haxseta.

I don't question were my money comes from. I'm sorry that I learned how to work an economy to my benefit. You act as if I hacked it myself, which isn't possible because I am on PS2.

I have four pure PMs with the ability to craft, quite literally, over a hundred boards at one time. I make weapons, I sell them, and then I go on with the money that people gave me for my services. Forgive me for dealing with an inflated economy by raising my prices to match others.

It isn't my fault that you can't work an economy to your advantage. It isn't hard to make money in this game at all. There aren't any big monopolies controlling items, i.e FFXI where gil sellers, end game linkshells, and individual players have the ability to create a strong hold on certain items.

So you are really free to do whatever you want. I'm sorry you are poor and I am rich, but it isn't my fault.

Edit to add this:

http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif I am a he Eliash. Just for future reference.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Weakness on 2007-01-24 12:59 ]</font>

Eliash
Jan 24, 2007, 04:00 PM
I wasn't take any chances. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif

Witchblade56
Jan 24, 2007, 04:02 PM
I'm sorry for your loss weak; i wasnt trying to bash you ( ._.)

For future reference dont buy into scams like that. Stockpile your mes too http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif

psu
Jan 24, 2007, 04:04 PM
Show me where I accused some one of cheating and i'll give you a medal.
There is no doubt that a portion of that 100 million is haxseta, of course the guy could have made this by selling items to idiot buyers at extreme overprice.
As for the scam, there may have been more than four presents and it was won already.

Weakness
Jan 24, 2007, 04:05 PM
On 2007-01-24 13:02, Witchblade56 wrote:
I'm sorry for your loss weak; i wasnt trying to bash you ( ._.)

For future reference dont buy into scams like that. Stockpile your mes too http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif

You never did try to bash me http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif.

I realize the fault in my mistake, I even questioned the gimmick before I bought the presents. But my own greed got me a 100 million loss now. I learned my lesson so it is no big deal.

http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/anime1.gif And truthfully there is no true need to stockpile meseta. I will always have a source of income, via my lolibots. If I find myself in a bind in the not too distant future I will bite my tongue, suck up my pride, and admit my fault.

Weakness
Jan 24, 2007, 04:08 PM
On 2007-01-24 13:04, psu wrote:
Show me where I accused some one of cheating and i'll give you a medal.
There is no doubt that a portion of that 100 million is haxseta, of course the guy could have made this by selling items to idiot buyers at extreme overprice.
As for the scam, there may have been more than four presents and it was won already.

http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_wink.gif I have pictures with his player search saying that there are four chances. There were four presents. It doesn't take a extreme logic to figure out I was fooled.

...I would post the pictures, but I am having a hard time working my new camera phone... -.-; It says the pictures I took are too big to send.

Eliash
Jan 24, 2007, 04:11 PM
There is no doubt that in other player shops others are overcharging for items as well. Yes I think it's clear that some of the meseta he had was hacked, but not by him. In proportion it could be said that due to the inflation of the economy there that the amount of meseta has the same purchasing power and 1 million meseta on the xbox version.

Simply put...
Just because he has hacked meseta doesn't mean that he didn't work hard for the meseta in the first place. With everyone selling everything at high prices due to the inflated economy the amount of money he had although it may sound like a lot could in reality be nothing more than enough to "get by."

As for the scam, he said the advertisement said "1/4 chance for a Crea Doubles." So assuming there was 4 presents, all 10* for the same price, and he brought all of them and none had a Crea Double, I would assume that that would be considered a "0/4 chance for a Crea Doubles."

In short...
A SCAM

Reiichi
Jan 24, 2007, 04:12 PM
It's not too hard to crank out a single 50% A weapon and post it at max meseta. It's not called working the economy, it's called working the haxeta.

You were just scammed out of 100m and it wasn't harder than taking candy from a baby. A fool and his money are soon parted. But hey, easy come easy go. At least you now know better. If not, please visit my shop where I will be hiding another crea doubles in one of my gift boxes.

psu
Jan 24, 2007, 04:14 PM
I'm sorry that I learned how to work an economy to my benefit. You act as if I hacked it myself, which isn't possible because I am on PS2.

I have four pure PMs with the ability to craft, quite literally, over a hundred boards at one time. I make weapons, I sell them, and then I go on with the money that people gave me for my services. Forgive me for dealing with an inflated economy by raising my prices to match others.

It isn't my fault that you can't work an economy to your advantage. It isn't hard to make money in this game at all. There aren't any big monopolies controlling items, i.e FFXI where gil sellers, end game linkshells, and individual players have the ability to create a strong hold on certain items.

So you are really free to do whatever you want. I'm sorry you are poor and I am rich, but it isn't my fault.

I don't remember saying I was poor.
I have enough equipment and meseta to enjoy the game, I sell at uninflated prices and yet this is possible. Maybe I should add myself to the list of time wasting shops with rip-off pricing.

Gotta love a community that enjoy ripping each other off. I'm happy to keep fair pricing.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: psu on 2007-01-24 13:16 ]</font>

Witchblade56
Jan 24, 2007, 04:15 PM
Erm weak did stipulate the ratio that was advertised as 1/4 has a crea double.

Attacking people i dont think is the way to go with these kinds of posts. Leave it at that.

Weakness
Jan 24, 2007, 04:21 PM
On 2007-01-24 13:14, psu wrote:

I have enough equipment and meseta to enjoy the game, I sell at uninflated prices and yet this is possible. Maybe I should add myself to the list of time wasting shops with rip-off pricing.

Gotta love a comunity that enjoy ripping each other off. I'm happy to keep fair pricing.

I don't understand the pride in selling at what you consider "uninflated" prices. The fact of the matter is, short selling it to an NPC, you are still filtering it into the economy. Now for something shocking, 10 bucks you have hacked meseta in your possession now because of your player shop.

It wouldn't be shocking if people are buying your items which you consider to be more honest, and selling them back for the higher prices to make a quick buck.

I am not ripping anyone off in my player shop, I look at how much money I spent to craft the item, and then in turn sell it back to make enough profit to cover my expenses and make gain. I also look at what other people are selling their items for and rise/lower accordingly.

Selling items for what you believe to be appropriate, and selling items according to economic standings are two different things.

But the man who understands that it doesn't matter what you consider fair, but what others are willing to pay is the one who is indeed richer... and by far the smarter in these cases.

psu
Jan 24, 2007, 04:30 PM
You spent one hundred million on a present, let's not talk about who is smart here.
Being able to find shops with fair pricing should be a priority.
This community seems to prefer making themselves rich and everyone else get bent.
No, the game would be significantly better if you can enter shops without seeing 100k prhotons.

Pure-chan
Jan 24, 2007, 04:33 PM

There were 4 presents. The ad clearly stated that it was a 1 in 4 chance. I saw it, too.

I have enough equipment and meseta to enjoy the game, I sell at uninflated prices and yet this is possible.

There is no doubt that a portion of that 100 million is haxseta,

Uninflated prices =/= legit meseta. Regardless of what you set prices at, if you are running a shop, you're contributing to the problem.

Umi_Ryu
Jan 24, 2007, 04:34 PM
I have enough equipment and meseta to enjoy the game,
zomg haxetas !!

If you don't get the irony into this post, you said him he got what he deserved because he has hacked mesetas, still, there is no way to trace hacked meseta, so we can say that everybody that have a player shop have haxetas.
Now feel ashame of the content of your wallet before saying to others they should be ashamed.

Also, if you think that selling at fair prices in an inflated economy does not contribute to the said inflation, think twice.
It is, indeed, really kind to sell stuff at reachable prices, but someone rich enought would buy your stuff and then sell it at the actual price, making mesetas on your labor.

I am not making fun of the prices you practice, as I said, it is kind and I am sure that players that don't have a shop or don't manage to sell their stuff are happy to find fair priced shops.
I just say things in a rather unpleasant way because you haven't been pleasant yourself.

EDIT : New record, 15 minutes for typing this post, sorry.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Umi_Ryu on 2007-01-24 13:36 ]</font>

JAFO22000
Jan 24, 2007, 04:38 PM
On 2007-01-24 13:21, Weakness wrote:
But the man who understands that it doesn't matter what you consider fair, but what others are willing to pay is the one who is indeed richer... and by far the smarter in these cases.

...and apparently someone is willing to pay 100,000,000 for 4 Junaline.

Weakness
On 2007-01-24 13:30, psu wrote:
You spent one hundred million on a present, let's not talk about who is smart here.
Being able to find shops with fair pricing should be a priority.
This community seems to prefer making themselves rich and everyone else get bent.
No, the game would be significantly better if you can enter shops without seeing 100k prhotons.

I already admitted my fault several times. I was greedy, and it blinded me.

And if 100k for a photon is what the current economy is at, then stop bitching and adjust your prices accordingly. You can make well over 1 million a day based purely on photons. Go do some Nuedaiz missions on C rank for two or three hours. You will end up with quite a few photons to sell for those exuberant prices.

And here is a big tip. If you price lower (say keep yours at 20k a pop), you will get A LOT of repeat customers assuming you continue with the trend.

Gazette
People like this just capitalize on the hacked money flowing around the economy.
If people have such ridiculous amounts of meseta like the OP, then they're more incline to just throw it away.

Don't trust any of these "This present has X item in it!" scams.
BTW, is it possible to pull up Player ID Numbers through shops?

Umi_Ryu
Jan 24, 2007, 04:40 PM
Good question.

I'm not sure but I think when you are in your room and look at the last visited shops you have the name and the ID number.
But I am really not sure of it, should have to check.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Umi_Ryu on 2007-01-24 13:41 ]</font>

Gazette
Jan 24, 2007, 04:42 PM
On 2007-01-24 13:40, Umi_Ryu wrote:
Good question.

I'm not sure but I think when you are in your room and look at the last visited shops you have the name and the ID number.
But I am not sure of it, should have to check.

Yeah, just something to go on...

Weakness
Jan 24, 2007, 04:43 PM
On 2007-01-24 13:38, JAFO22000 wrote:

On 2007-01-24 13:21, Weakness wrote:

...and apparently someone is willing to pay 100,000,000 for 4 Junaline.

http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_wink.gif If that was a low blow, I can get a bit lower...

*checks his characters*

I am sitting at 202,324,189 meseta right now across my characters... and that is after blowing 100,000,000.

psu
Jan 24, 2007, 04:43 PM
Not sure why I bother to reply to people who use "zomg", but ok.

Yes, I have enough money and equipment.
No, I don't have the absurd amounts of cash many have.
One million should actually mean something, let alone one hundred million.
The more selling at fair prices the better.

Reiichi
Jan 24, 2007, 04:44 PM
Player IDs show up in the shop list when you search through them.

Selling items at 360 prices or normal prices is up to the owner of the shop. They are in no way contributing to messing up the economy. Unfortunately they are also screwing themselves over should they ever need to buy anything from player shops down the road. If people buy out your shop of 100 mes photons and resells them at 100k, it's the reseller's fault.

Syanaide
Jan 24, 2007, 04:44 PM
So basically, the OP is retarded. Thread over please, we all know the duped meseta story.

Eliash
Jan 24, 2007, 04:45 PM
He knows the name of the shop, therefore, he can just do a search by name and get the shop up. The ID is on the advertisement.

If the shop doesn't come up through that search, he can also search by ad.

Dymalos
Jan 24, 2007, 04:46 PM
On 2007-01-24 13:11, Eliash wrote:
There is no doubt that in other player shops others are overcharging for items as well. Yes I think it's clear that some of the meseta he had was hacked, but not by him. In proportion it could be said that due to the inflation of the economy there that the amount of meseta has the same purchasing power and 1 million meseta on the xbox version.
Simply put...
Just because he has hacked meseta doesn't mean that he didn't work hard for the meseta in the first place. With everyone selling everything at high prices due to the inflated economy the amount of money he had although it may sound like a lot could in reality be nothing more than enough to "get by."

I'm getting rather sick and tired of these type of justifications. It'd be one thing if the economy wasn't partway tied to resources with fixed prices. On the Xbox 360, 1 Million meseta does not buy you, in Weakness' own words:

...the ability to craft, quite literally, over a hundred boards at one time.

I'm sorry but nobody with 1 million with them on the Xbox 360 has the ability to do what Weakness says he can, in fact I had that much and all I was able to come up with was six 9* weapons. I'd have to say that don't really consider 100,000,000 "Just enought to Get By" as you say.

So while yes, it does suck to get scammed for half of your Meseta. I think it is nigh meaningless to have this happen to you on PS2/PC. So please, stop fruitlessly trying to compare your game to the Xbox 360, at this point in time, they're entirely different games.

Weakness
Jan 24, 2007, 04:49 PM
On 2007-01-24 13:43, psu wrote:

The thing is you are wrong. It doesn't matter what the money itself is worth... this price is a constant in PSU because there are no other economies to compete with. One meseta will always retain the value of one meseta.

But let's say there are multiple economies here. You have a weapon that sells for 1 million in one economy, and in a completely different economy you have the same weapon that sells for 100,000,000.

In this little showcase, the 100,000,000 = 1,000,000 because they both bought the same thing.

The money itself is only worth what you can buy with it. If I can buy a photon for 200 meseta in your shop, but in the same economy people sell them everyday for 20,000... then you are the one in the red while everyone else is in the black.

Edited to add:

On 2007-01-24 13:46, Dymalos wrote:

On 2007-01-24 13:11, Eliash wrote:
Simply put...

I'm getting rather sick and tired of these type of justifications. It'd be one thing if the economy wasn't partway tied to resources with fixed prices. On the Xbox 360, 1 Million meseta does not buy you, in Weakness' own words:

...the ability to craft, quite literally, over a hundred boards at one time.

I'm sorry but nobody with 1 million with them on the Xbox 360 has the ability to do what Weakness says he can, in fact I had that much and all I was able to come up with was six 9* weapons. I'd have to say that don't really consider 100,000,000 "Just enought to Get By" as you say.

So while yes, it does suck to get scammed for half of your Meseta. I think it is nigh meaningless to have this happen to you on PS2/PC. So please, stop fruitlessly trying to compare your game to the Xbox 360, at this point in time, they're entirely different games.

But with the profit you could make off of those 9* weapons, you can go back and create more, and repeat the process. You could eventually get to the point where you can make the same amount of items as I can.

PC/PS2 and Xbox360 are still the same game, just different economies. Still plenty of capitalism in both, and still plenty of people trying to get rich. The values of what are changed. Don't act so elitest due to the fact your economy isn't as brash as ours is.

In the not too distant future I see PSU for the PC/PS2 turning into PSO. Where items/weapons are worth their merit only to other items/weapons while meseta is the same thing as toilet paper.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Weakness on 2007-01-24 13:54 ]</font>

JAFO22000
Jan 24, 2007, 04:51 PM
On 2007-01-24 13:43, Weakness wrote:

http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_wink.gif If that was a low blow, I can get a bit lower...

*checks his characters*

I am sitting at 202,324,189 meseta right now across my characters... and that is after blowing 100,000,000.

And I'm sure you "worked hard" for all of it!!

Umi_Ryu
Jan 24, 2007, 04:52 PM
I don't, it was part of my caricature, because your post seemed like the kind of peoples to say "zomg haxor !" for no reason ...

Good to see you still manage to get what you need in this sad world full of haxetas. I bet your whole equipement is 100% fair trade.

Well ... as you said, many have a lot of mesetas, but you practice uninflated prices, and still have a descent amount of money, so, it is normal to have insane amount of money when we practice inflated prices.

Indeed.

Weakness
Jan 24, 2007, 04:55 PM
On 2007-01-24 13:51, JAFO22000 wrote:

*checks his characters*

If you mean that I crafted items and sold them for what people are willing to pay. Got lucky with several high % weapons and sold those for tens of millions each. Then yes, I did work for it.

Edit to add:

On 2007-01-24 13:55, psu wrote:
I can buy what i need from those who sell fair like myself.
The larger this list grows the better.
I will never sell at rip-off prices, i will never buy at rip-off prices.
I don't see any sense in this community accepting insane prices, it's sad.

The reason the prices are so high is because there is just that more money floating in the economy. They aren't as outrageous as you seem to believe. It is very easy to make the kind of money myself, and several others, have.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Weakness on 2007-01-24 13:58 ]</font>

psu
Jan 24, 2007, 04:55 PM
I can buy what i need from those who sell fair like myself.
The larger this list grows the better.
I will never sell at rip-off prices, i will never buy at rip-off prices.
I don't see any sense in this community accepting insane prices, it's sad.

Dymalos
Jan 24, 2007, 04:56 PM
On 2007-01-24 13:49, Weakness wrote:

The thing is you are wrong. It doesn't matter what the money itself is worth... this price is a constant in PSU because there are no other economies to compete with. One meseta will always retain the value of one meseta.

But let's say there are multiple economies here. You have a weapon that sells for 1 million in one economy, and in a completely different economy you have the same weapon that sells for 100,000,000.

In this little showcase, the 100,000,000 = 1,000,000 because they both bought the same thing.

The money itself is only worth what you can buy with it. If I can buy a photon for 200 meseta in your shop, but in the same economy people sell them everyday for 20,000... then you are the one in the red while everyone else is in the black.

Your "purchasing power" argument is meaningless when you consider that NPC mats have fixed prices. While I know that this does not effect the cost of elemental photons, nevertheless the prices for crafting 1* to 9* Neutral Hunter and both Ranger and Force weapons and that of nearly every armor are nearly equal across all platforms. Consider also, that anyone worth their salt is able to farm 99 Element photons in a few hours, I think it is safe to say that the cost to craft even elemental things is the same.

Eliash
Jan 24, 2007, 04:59 PM
While I'll agree with you on the fact that the NPC pricing and the large amounts of meseta floating around on the PC/PS2 servers means that they have the ability to do massive amounts of crafting. I also agree with you on the fact that no one on the Xbox can do that much crafting with 1 million meseta.

The problem lays in buying items from player shops. You would need that amount of money to buy rare items, or anything not sold in shops. Such things as elemental photons and kubara wood do cost a lot more on PC/PS2 than it does on xbox. I'm not saying that it is a fair comparison, but the fact is that 100million meseta on PC/PS2 doesn't mean you will be able to buy the same amount of things as a person on Xbox with the same amount.

However, this is kinda besides the point. My point with that post was really to just show that regardless of the amount of meseta the poster had, to get scam sucks and no one deserves it.

BTW I play on Xbox http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif

Dymalos
Jan 24, 2007, 05:01 PM
On 2007-01-24 13:55, Weakness wrote:

On 2007-01-24 13:51, JAFO22000 wrote:

*checks his characters*

If you mean that I crafted items and sold them for what people are willing to pay. Got lucky with several high % weapons and sold those for tens of millions each. Then yes, I did work for it.

Your definition of "work" is entirely warped by the environment you play on. While I'm sure that scraping together the Meseta and Mats for your first craft was difficult, that soon changed after every single inflated sale considerably boosted your ability to purchase multiple boards/mats. Unless of course you're saying that you directly farmed for every single board and every single mat you've ever crafted with.

Weakness
Jan 24, 2007, 05:04 PM
On 2007-01-24 13:56, Dymalos wrote:

Your "purchasing power" argument is meaningless when you consider that NPC mats have fixed prices. While I know that this does not effect the cost of elemental photons, nevertheless the prices for crafting 1* to 9* Neutral Hunter and both Ranger and Force weapons and that of nearly every armor are nearly equal across all platforms. Consider also, that anyone worth their salt is able to farm 99 Element photons in a few hours, I think it is safe to say that the cost to craft even elemental things is the same.

Not everything can be obtained from NPC's fixed prices, hence the inflated prices for pretty much only things with elemental values. Many, many, many, many people (myself included) sell Rifles/Rods/Items that can be made solely from NPC shop items, sell them for what they are worth.

It takes about 500k to buy a board, and synth all three slots for those items. It is very easy to find those items for 300k and below, I even ran across a few for 200k (which seems what it would be in NPCs).

My purchasing power theory does work. There is more money floating around, it is easier to obtain, and the economy raises due to it.

360's economy isn't driven by elemental weapons as PC/PS2's is. Our economy is warped, and it is easier to obtain those weapons for the PC/PS2. But prices for things such as kubara wood (which you take for granted) is blown out of proportion because of the warped economy.

It isn't that our games are totally different, it was just the economy went two different ways. The mass influx of hacked money created a world were elements and non-NPC items are king.

The 360 has a more realistic economy driven by player shops.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Weakness on 2007-01-24 14:09 ]</font>

Dymalos
Jan 24, 2007, 05:09 PM
On 2007-01-24 13:59, Eliash wrote:
While I'll agree with you on the fact that the NPC pricing and the large amounts of meseta floating around on the PC/PS2 servers means that they have the ability to do massive amounts of crafting. I also agree with you on the fact that no one on the Xbox can do that much crafting with 1 million meseta.

The problem lays in buying items from player shops. You would need that amount of money to buy rare items, or anything not sold in shops. Such things as elemental photons and kubara wood do cost a lot more on PC/PS2 than it does on xbox. I'm not saying that it is a fair comparison, but the fact is that 100million meseta on PC/PS2 doesn't mean you will be able to buy the same amount of things as a person on Xbox with the same amount.

However, this is kinda besides the point. My point with that post was really to just show that regardless of the amount of meseta the poster had, to get scam sucks and no one deserves it.

BTW I play on Xbox http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif

Certainly, but at this point in time only two classes really benefit from access to the Rares, Figunner and Fortetecher. At this moment only the boards for Crea Doubles and the Halarod are legitimately available as drops. While certainly there are other rares, such as the materials, but again these are currently only used to make the two weapons mentioned above. There are also room decorations, but these serve no practical purpose. So ultimately, I think everyone places too much emphasis on how much the prices of rares actually affects them.

Consider that if I had access to 100,000,000 Meseta, then I could easily make 4 100 Pure P.M.s in about a week and then proceed to outfit all of my characters with 9* Equipments with High Elements for my Melees. All the while using things I purchased entirely from the NPC*.

*save for elemental photons which I would farm, as they are common

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Dymalos on 2007-01-24 14:11 ]</font>

Eliash
Jan 24, 2007, 05:14 PM
But the question is...would you give me some? http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif

I agree with you, however, my point was simply to say that getting scamed sucks regardless of how much money you have.

Dymalos
Jan 24, 2007, 05:16 PM
Sure I'd give you the 50,000,000 or more Meseta, I'd have after I had done all that.

Gryffin
Jan 24, 2007, 05:19 PM
*goes to sit the 'my shop'*

JAFO22000
Jan 24, 2007, 05:24 PM
On 2007-01-24 14:09, Dymalos wrote:

Consider that if I had access to 100,000,000 Meseta, then I could easily make 4 100 Pure P.M.s in about a week and then proceed to outfit all of my characters with 9* Equipments with High Elements for my Melees. All the while using things I purchased entirely from the NPC*.

*save for elemental photons which I would farm, as they are common

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Dymalos on 2007-01-24 14:11 ]</font>

...and you would've "worked hard" for every bit of it!

I wonder what would happen to the PC/PS2 "economy" if ST added 4 zeroes to the end of everything sold in the NPC shop....