PDA

View Full Version : Damn you Banking Industry!

PJ
Jan 24, 2007, 04:15 PM
For being too clever for my naiveness on money

So, here's a bit of a story. December 15 (Or around there), 2006, I get online PSU. I r happy and excited. Snickerman tries continuesly to get his card to work. We try it for maybe 3 days. Then he emails them. He gets an email back. "The billing address is banned for cheating."

See, that little nasty tidbit comes from when him and me were done playing PSO:BB, and he had given his account to Corey until it ran out. Corey does teh hax, gets that account banned, they ban billing address. It was funny for them at the time, now really frustrating (He knows it was a dumb thing to do, but who would have thunk that it'd affect it? It's not like we can see the future, and we're both naive on Sega's actual banning measures). He tries to email them, trying some bullshit about how he didn't cheat at all and that it's he'd like to be unbanned (Bullshit for the fact that, although he didn't cheat, it was his account). Instead of replying, they blocked his email.

So, frustrated, try to get a plan. Try to get Gaz to pay for now, can't remember if he couldn't or his card wouldn't work for a US account. Tried to see if my friends brother had a card. That never flew, cause he was too lazy to ask (After the point of course, he DID find out he didn't have one). Asking my parents was out of the question. When I was finally bugged enough to do it, my dad's credit card was already maxxed out (Which, another fear for another rant, doesn't bode well).

Then it seems, we've found salvation; a Prepaid Credit Card! Tada! Finally happy that we've found a solution, Snickerman applies in my name (And sends it to my house, for a billing address that's not banned). The deal was, I'd hold, he'd pay, and it'd all be good.

2 weeks later the card doesn't come. He finds out, what wasn't mentioned before, was that they needed ID. So I sent him some ID he could send to them, then it was good to go. A week after they sent it out, it gets here. Yes, I have this prepaid credit card on me. And it DOES work for paying for PSU; the only problem we had was, "Insufficient funds." There was only $10 on the card apparently.

So, well, easy enough, Snickerman goes to the site to reload the card. Apparently, transaction would take 24-48 hours. So, we decide, "Yay, tomorrow [in respect, today] awesome PSU!"

So, he messages me when I get home, something about the reloading online not working, and it having to be done at a merchant (I don't understand, if there was the option of loading the card off the internet, why can't it work? Anyways), so he gives me a long distance number to call to find a merchant near me. So I call them up. Apparently, there are NO more reloading centers anymore, and can only be done through either mail order*** or bank transaction.

***I'm being optimistic with the mail order thing. Cause I THOUGHT I heard her say that, and I have no idea.

Now, the bank thing. "Alright, I can just go to my bank and get that done."

"We work with everybank. Except CIBC."

What bank do I use? CIBC. I don't even know why I use CIBC, worst bank in the world, always pick a fight over the dumbest things, terrible interest, etc. but that's yet ANOTHER rant for another day

So basically, this is a long, VERY long winded way of saying, paying for PSU by credit card is very frustrating.

Scejntjynahl
Jan 24, 2007, 04:28 PM
CIBC 1-800-465-4*** That bank? So you are from Canada then. The whole thing smell kind of fishy. The first clue was them requiring you to go your bank to reload a card after they said the reloading centers are closed. I wouldn't trust them. Its going to be some type of gimmick where they want your routing number and check account number. You give that out and its like nailing the last nail in your own coffin. Makes me wonder why not CIBC though. hmmm. Well good luck in fixing this problem.

PJ
Jan 24, 2007, 04:36 PM
The card and company seems pretty legit itself, though. I dunno what to make of it.

Scejntjynahl
Jan 24, 2007, 04:39 PM
Well see thats my problem I have with this. If they were legitimate why would they be closing their reloading centers and making it more "difficult" for their clientelle to use their services. In this case, lack of. I would suggest see if you can actually find an address for their offices. Then see how long they have being in business. I just would hate for you to get scammed.

HUnewearl_Meira
Jan 24, 2007, 04:50 PM
Sounds like they're on their way out, to me. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_disapprove.gif Good luck there, PJ.

PJ
Jan 24, 2007, 05:14 PM
This is what he (Technically, I http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_wacko.gif) applied to

https://www.vivacitymc.com/v1/en/index.aspx

$40 down the drain, lest we figure it out.

This is what we might try

http://www.mycard.ca/index.html

I'm 18, I'm a moron, so somehow I'm worried it won't work XD

I might just wait till next week (So, it'd actually be like 2 weeks). My friend is sending for a credit card RIGHT when he turns 18 (Changing his bank account and such), so maybe he'd be kind enough to do it.

Either way, money and it's knowledge is a PJ's only weakness

Scejntjynahl
Jan 24, 2007, 05:24 PM
"Unavailable until further notice" http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_disapprove.gif This is what came up on the merchant reloading finder page.

DonRoyale
Jan 27, 2007, 07:15 PM
Hate to say it, but...

That's why you don't trust Corey with jack all.

=

PJ
Jan 27, 2007, 09:52 PM
To be fair, Corey was just trying to have some fun in his own specialtastic way.

I really shouldn't be defending him but... eh.

I wish this wasn't such a pain in the ass.