PDA

View Full Version : The Hardships of Low Levels.

Tahldon
Jan 24, 2007, 07:24 PM
Has anyone seen it? The INJUSTICE that happens to the low level players?

They get bullied by other high level players! I have a high level Newman Fortetecher, but I decided to make an Alternate, you know, for the heck of it.

High level players Piggyback through the missions! This is horrible on a low level's class points! It may not be much but 3 mission points help more than 1! It's crazy! I know a number of us are quite guilty of this act and once you have it done to you, it will make you infuriated!

Another thing is when high level players jump in a party of lvl 10 and below whilst in a boss battle and the high level players jump the portal and start fighting the boss while the low levels are all standing around dumbfounded as to what happened and why they're not fighting the dragon!

There was even one instant in which a player jumped in and was TELLING people how to play their characters! This above all was even more annoying to me, who has a capped character already. I'm listening to this guy telling these other guys all this nonsense and I HAD to butt in. "Guy shut up! People have their different styles of playing. Everyone's not a stat hound, chill out!"

I had NO IDEA it was so hard for low levels now, cause three months ago when we first started playing, everything was fine and dandy. People helped each other out and everything, but now it's kind of silly.

I had NO idea that low levels got bullied so much. Going to extremes here, but if low levels (mainly new people just joining) play and people bully them, that's -probably- (emphasis here) how they'll end up playing. You know what they say about the bad apple in the bottom of the barrel. "People used to do it to me! I'm going to do it to everyone else F'k em!" you know?

But I know bullying is the natural order of things, you know survival of the fittest, but c'mon.. are we ALL animals or decent people?

Moral of the Story? Be nice to the low levels! They want to have fun too!

(Not sure if this has been posted before, but just so you all are aware, -I- haven't seen it so.. yeah..)

VanHalen
Jan 24, 2007, 07:27 PM
i am nice to low lvls and i know what you mean about the high lvls ruining missions i try to S rank even the missions with low class points cause 3 points is better than 1
. though i have never seen this bullying of low lvls though must have run into some bad people

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: VanHalen on 2007-01-24 16:28 ]</font>

Garnet_Moon
Jan 24, 2007, 07:29 PM
This happens in every online game. It's not going away anytime soon, sadly. Farleen almosty got raped at the Kugo Hot Springs. ;-;

Tra
Jan 24, 2007, 07:30 PM
mmmm just kick them http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_eek.gif

Para
Jan 24, 2007, 07:30 PM
Are you talking about PS2/PC version? Because I wouldn't be surprised with the small niche population PSU PS2/PC has.

Garnet_Moon
Jan 24, 2007, 07:32 PM
Agreed.

If someone joins and is higher level than the boss, boot them. I'd boot myself for being 10 levels higher than De Ragan S, but there isn't an option to boot yourself. Sadly. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_frown.gif

gundam0079
sad to say im guilty of this many times but on thiese missions i hold back as much as possible and ive been the victim of it to as i also made an alt char

Almalexia
Yep. This is why I stopped leveling my cast. It goes back to normal when you begin doing A runs. I got new found love for force and it's going to be a pain going through this again. You are also correct that things were 'smooth and dandy' back during release.

-Ryuki-
Jan 24, 2007, 07:33 PM
They get bullied? Since when? Maybe you're just complaining too much about something that isn't even that big.

I remember I was kicked from a game and all I did was say hi to a friend of mine who happened to be in the game, and I was 10 lvls lower.

That was fun n_n (not really XD)

A2K
Jan 24, 2007, 07:40 PM
On 2007-01-24 16:32, Garnet_Moon wrote:
Agreed.

If someone joins and is higher level than the boss, boot them. I'd boot myself for being 10 levels higher than De Ragan S, but there isn't an option to boot yourself. Sadly. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_frown.gif

"Leave Party" http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif

Garnet_Moon
Jan 24, 2007, 07:40 PM
On 2007-01-24 16:40, A2K wrote:

Agreed.

"Leave Party" http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif

Pshh that doesn't have the delicious "Remove from the party" text that the remove member does! It's not the same feeling. ;-;

PlayNSkillz
Jan 24, 2007, 07:41 PM
This has to be on the 360 version where 2/3 people talk in 1337 and are pro MLG Halo players.

I on the other hand <3 low-levels. Remember, everyone was a low-level once, so why not cut them a break?

Almalexia
Jan 24, 2007, 07:43 PM
On 2007-01-24 16:33, RyukiZero wrote:
They get bullied? Since when? Maybe you're just complaining too much about something that isn't even that big.

I remember I was kicked from a game and all I did was say hi to a friend of mine who happened to be in the game, and I was 10 lvls lower.

That was fun n_n (not really XD)

This was my experience. It can be called bullying to an extent:

High level player comes in and kills all monsters.

Almalexia's SUV meter is at lvl1 for block 1.

Block 2, high level player seperates from group to kill off other set of monsters.

Almalexia's SUV meter hasn't bugded, and xp bar hasn't move a centimeter.

Block 3, high level player seperates from group, kills the monsters, gets key goes to the gate area, kills those monsters off, door is unlocked, WHAT THE HELL?

-Ryuki-
Jan 24, 2007, 07:45 PM
Well buu. People are just flatout rude then.

That incident that happened to you actually happened to me before, and that bugged me. Greatly. I told them ahead of time that I was trying to get an S rank, as WELL as exp, and the person(s) who joined went ahead and killed everything.

Almalexia
Jan 24, 2007, 07:48 PM
That happened all night til I got to lvl14 :3.

-Ryuki-
Jan 24, 2007, 07:49 PM
Interesting. When I'm at lvl 10, that's where I start doing B ranks, where there isn't any hate towards lowbies. Linear Line B, anyone?

That's where we all went back in the old day ;3

Criss
Jan 24, 2007, 07:58 PM
I haven't seen many cases of "bullying", but again, I haven't been in that many parties. I always have trouble finding a good and fun party or meeting people for some reason. :

-Ryuki-
Jan 24, 2007, 08:01 PM
Actually, it's not really hard finding people to party with, it's really more so or less, trying to make good friends that actually will play with you.

bob02
Jan 24, 2007, 08:07 PM
get a friend and ask them to play B mission with them...

-Ryuki-
Jan 24, 2007, 08:09 PM
On 2007-01-24 17:07, bob02 wrote:

And what if those friends don't play PSU?

Or, what if those friends have other friends they're trying to play with?

You seem to overlook a lot of facts, sir.

bob02
Jan 24, 2007, 08:10 PM
On 2007-01-24 17:09, RyukiZero wrote:

On 2007-01-24 17:07, bob02 wrote:

And what if those friends don't play PSU?

Or, what if those friends have other friends they're trying to play with?

You seem to overlook a lot of facts, sir.

friend... on psu...

ur very weird

-Ryuki-
Jan 24, 2007, 08:14 PM
I'm far from weird. I'm not as simple-minded as you, that's all.

bob02
Jan 24, 2007, 08:15 PM
On 2007-01-24 17:14, RyukiZero wrote:
I'm far from weird. I'm not as simple-minded as you, that's all.

personal attack... http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_frown.gif

PMB960
Jan 24, 2007, 08:18 PM
I normally don't mind low level characters but sometimes ugh. Last night one character joined who was level 11 in VoC C. I figured w/e since I did that mission since level 5. We were at the end when the Vanda leader spawned he came in and managed to die twice before we killed it. I didn't care since I joined late too and wasn't getting any MP. We did VoC several more times and he proceeded to die almost every time almost always right in the last room. In fact he died so much that between 5 VoC runs and 3 Mine Defence runs he only leveled once from 11 to 12. Yes 8 runs 1 level and he died in 4-5 of them. It was really annoying since we were MP farming and he kept ruining it for us. Now I understand he was new and I play with alot of new people since I just started using my alt. but I have never seen anyone that bad. I really can understand since I got screwed by the Vanda a couple times too but for 4-5 missions standing in their breath til you die is just horrible. We never booted him or bothered him too much, although we did lol when he got a [B]scape doll, but I know the other people in the party were mad.

PALRAPPYS
Jan 24, 2007, 08:22 PM
Ya know really you can usually tell when they're a noob or not...

Check their ID. If it's in the 30000's, then they could be a noob. Otherwise, if they truly are a noob and not an alt, they either are playing on their friends, just don't play a lot, or are truly stupid.

Orin654
Jan 24, 2007, 08:23 PM
Ive had to sit thru 5 mins of stragety from a higher level on how to beat de ragan. Everytime someone new came he would explain it right before the teleporter. COME ON, ITS DERAGAN. Hit and Run

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Orin654 on 2007-01-24 17:24 ]</font>

-Ryuki-
Jan 24, 2007, 08:32 PM
Well, I'm in the 7000's. Am I a noob or a newbie? If not, what would you call me? =p

bob02
Jan 24, 2007, 08:33 PM
On 2007-01-24 17:32, RyukiZero wrote:
Well, I'm in the 7000's. Am I a noob or a newbie? If not, what would you call me? =p

u really want to know?

Gen2000
Jan 24, 2007, 08:34 PM
Low levels does suck and probably worse now than it was from when I made my last alt around 2 months ago. At the same time I probably had some of the most fun in the game as a low level you run into a lot of interesting experiences compared to the daily grind of lv.50+.

If you want to play Mad Creatures C you better state it's not a Taxi mission and/or you want an Srank for it.

De Ragan C lolol. At that point of time "Speed Runs" was becoming the standard so you had a lot of lv.15+ playing it with 10 Scape Dolls and if you lv.10 or lower you are instant booted even if they didn't specifiy in the comments you had to be a certain level. Seems to be worse nowadays since when I look at the list 80% of the De Ragan C games are speed runs.

I think a low level newbie as, as new to the PSU game in general and its their first char, has an even harder time since they don't know all the unwritten rules.

-Ryuki-
Jan 24, 2007, 08:37 PM
On 2007-01-24 17:33, bob02 wrote:

On 2007-01-24 17:32, RyukiZero wrote:

u really want to know?

You can dislike me if you want. I have nothing against you. I wasn't expressing anything but sarcasm the entire confrontation you and I had.

Tahldon
Jan 24, 2007, 09:23 PM
There's a number of things that go with the whole high level in the party and being a low level. As much sense as this DOESN'T seem to make to some of you.

A high level in a party of low levels tends to get a certain amount of "respect" from a newbie. This respect can be taken in different ways.

One instance, I walked away from the game for approximately 4 minutes and I came back and sat down and I asked "Are you guys fighting the boss?" and I got several replies "Yes" so I figured. "Hey I guess I'll go sit at the warp portal and wait til everyone kills the boss and I'll just be happy and run the next run" Well... I run up to the gate and there are TWO out of the 4 people that were playing asides from myself, which totals to 5 people in all. So Here I am on my alt, lvl 9, another char lvl 9, and the LAST person a level 12.

Take a wild guess as to who was inside fighting the dragon? The two high levels in the party! The two were standing there kind of spamming question marks and I'm all like "Whoah, 3 people got locked out? I woulda been ok if it were just me cause I was away, but this is ridiculous." So I get the leader and boot the two high levels out. And I asked the other low level why they didn't boot them out in the first place and the person was kinda like "I don't know.."

So yeah.. I guess he/she was just kind of intimidated by the higher levels. As silly as that might sound.

But yes, it does suck when you're trying to level and all the monsters in another area get cleared out of before you even finish killing in an opposing area. Defeats the whole purpose of trying to level, you know?

And it's not a matter of how badly a person plays, they're just learning, it'll come with time. But for someone to just JUMP in a party full of 10 and below for whatever reason and ruin it for them is just plain rude. THAT'S what I mean by bullying. I don't mean it in a sense of giving people wedgies or making them give meseta, I mean the total experience and all.

It may seem like all this happened to me in ONE single run by ONE person, but oh contrary, it was several DIFFERENT runs by several DIFFERENT players. That's what kind of irked me most. After it happening like 4 or 5 times you start realizing "Damn! People do this OFTEN! I thought it was occasional!"

Also, I'm refering to the 360 version, for those of whom are curious.

-Ryuki-
Jan 24, 2007, 09:26 PM
Don't you just love it when you're left out?

One time, me and two others were purposely left out of the game because I guess, the guy who (he was being an arse to everyone) had to leave quickly. Afterwards, he hit the crystal which sent us all back to Raffon Lakeshore. This was before Mad Beasts and Endrum were ever released.

Another time, it was a newbie (new player) who left me and another person behind. He got flamed. Ended up dying, and then left the game. No one was happy XD

Maridia
Jan 24, 2007, 09:27 PM
Why, I just helped a level 4 newb the other day in the LL lobby, who was asking about making money in the game, which can be really tough at first. So I gave them some helpful tips about managing their items, and that they should try to be patient at first, and to open a store as soon as possible. :3 Then I gave them 3k to get started.

3k was a lot of money when I was level 4. o_o

-Ryuki-
Jan 24, 2007, 09:40 PM
On 2007-01-24 18:27, Maridia wrote:
Why, I just helped a level 4 newb the other day in the LL lobby, who was asking about making money in the game, which can be really tough at first. So I gave them some helpful tips about managing their items, and that they should try to be patient at first, and to open a store as soon as possible. :3 Then I gave them 3k to get started.

3k was a lot of money when I was level 4. o_o

Yeah it was o_o

CelestialBlade
Jan 24, 2007, 11:27 PM
I love it when people think they're superior because they have a level 70 character. Most of them seem like they're trying to compensate for a low self-esteem outside the realm of the game....

Sekani
Jan 24, 2007, 11:30 PM
On 2007-01-24 18:23, Tahldon wrote:

But yes, it does suck when you're trying to level and all the monsters in another area get cleared out of before you even finish killing in an opposing area. Defeats the whole purpose of trying to level, you know?

Please, pass this message on to EVERYONE. This type of behavior is epidemic, especially on Parum, where everyone is just trying to spam De Ragan ad nauseum.

Otaku
Jan 24, 2007, 11:34 PM
WAHHH im not even online yet but ive had that type of problem on EQ and DAoC and WoW.....but i think it will be fun when i finally sign on

omegapirate2k
Jan 24, 2007, 11:37 PM
I jump into some low level games to clear a stage, but I only kill things if they say I can.

TheFonz
Jan 24, 2007, 11:38 PM
Oooh a third page... I better read it before I post, then

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: TheFonz on 2007-01-24 20:39 ]</font>

redcell
Jan 24, 2007, 11:40 PM
A few friends of mine were doing Mad Beasts S when our final party member joined us. Turns out he had hitched a ride during a De Ragan C run with some low characters. He then proceeded to brag and laugh about how he blazed through the mission and then activated the crystal before they could open boxes. True they could have booted him out of the party, but it's still no excuse for this type of behavior.

nooblet
Jan 25, 2007, 01:00 AM
i guess some people just like to stroke their egos or rather their e-peens.

Almalexia
Jan 25, 2007, 08:14 AM
On 2007-01-24 20:27, Typheros wrote:
I love it when people think they're superior because they have a level 70 character. Most of them seem like they're trying to compensate for a low self-esteem outside the realm of the game....

False self representation for some maybe. Others want to be perceived as knowing a lot about the game, and at 55+ you should know quite a lot.

Remedy
Jan 25, 2007, 10:11 AM
I'd like to state that, when I piggyback in C or B games, I don't kill things, I debuff them and buff everyone else and heal them. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif

Shiro_Ryuu
Jan 25, 2007, 10:22 AM
I still remember that time when I first started this game online. I was playing with some real life friends in LL C, we were all like level 1-5, and this guy who was level 18 came in and began spamming renkai on the weak monsters and hogging all of the experience for himself, running off all by himself while he just ran up to the red gates or locked doors, waiting for one of us to pick up the key and another to deactivate the lock so that he can run ahead of us and kill the monsters.

Pure-chan
Jan 25, 2007, 11:38 AM
Hmm... If you're hosting a game where someone is bullying/hogging exp and you allow it to continue - it's your fault for letting it happen. The kickban button is there for a reason. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_hamster.gif

Shiro_Ryuu
Jan 25, 2007, 11:43 AM
well, I wasn't the leader, it was one of my friends, and after he realized that the guy was hogging exp, he just kicked him out.

Pure-chan
Jan 25, 2007, 11:56 AM
On 2007-01-25 08:43, Shiroryuu wrote:
well, I wasn't the leader, it was one of my friends, and after he realized that the guy was hogging exp, he just kicked him out.

err... my previous post was a general comment about the topic - not aimed at you, Shiroryuu. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/anime2.gif

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Pure-chan on 2007-01-25 09:03 ]</font>

Tengoku
Jan 25, 2007, 01:47 PM
Password your games people, even if they're pickups. Problem solved. Sheesh.

Don't feed the llama.

-Ryuki-
Jan 25, 2007, 02:06 PM
There's really no point in passwording games unless you're trying to have specific people join your party, or are trying to farm. That's my opinion, at least.

Ooga
Jan 25, 2007, 02:25 PM
I always put on a password so people can't join. I feel really awkward when I play with other people.

MayLee
Jan 25, 2007, 02:56 PM
I feel you, I have this feeling that people are going to do the same to me once I level down. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_frown.gif

I hate it when people tells others how to play, and give them false info at that. I wish I could somehow..Shove a foot in their assses from the TV.

Rashiid
Jan 25, 2007, 03:02 PM
i knoe how they feel, and so when i made mah new character, i made sure i bought em bomb stuff, so others will knoe its an alternate accont, and ill tell ppl "how" to play, not how they "should" play

they ask a question, ill answer nicely

Krans
Jan 25, 2007, 03:09 PM
Ok let me chime in, im on 360 version too

1) How does people joining party, regardless of level, affect your mission points. You guys are saying 3 is better than 1. Well you can be soloing and a guy joins last second, if you cleared everything and didnt die you still get an S. Idk maybe im missing something, like they kill the last area without the others or something? otherwise what other people do doesnt affect your rank unless they die.

2)I haven't heard of the boss ones and people leaving party members out, but that really sucks and is pretty bad on the high levels part. And why wouldn't they let them go into the boss run? its not like they get less exp do they?

3)People do try to bully the low lvs soemtimes but a lot of low lvs are second char so most people don't put up with it.

4) I'm nice to the low lvs. I helped a lv 7 and lv 10 level up the other day, and it turns out the lv 10 was on an alt char so now i have another friend to do S runs with so it worked out. The other guy is like in love with me and tries to get me to play all the time which is ok but i cant do low runs all day but i do try to help. I also sell weaps VERY cheap to low lv char.

Pure-chan
Jan 25, 2007, 03:33 PM
On 2007-01-25 12:09, Krans wrote:
Ok let me chime in, im on 360 version too

RE 1): it effects mp when someone overpowered jumps in your game and rushes to the end without waiting for you to finish killing enemies on the side routes.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Pure-chan on 2007-01-25 12:35 ]</font>

Guarionex
Jan 25, 2007, 03:50 PM
Hmm... I haven't had that much of a problem. But I remember helping a guy out when he started (I only started 2 or 3 days before him tho) Once he invited me to play and a low level joined. He nearly got killed twice (he healed himself in time. But the guy I helped, who happened to be a force booted him for almost getting killed.

That annoyed me greatly. I blacklisted him for that on some other annoyance I don't remember now.

CelestialBlade
Jan 25, 2007, 04:05 PM
The reason people speed through like that is mostly because of the original purpose of De Ragan runs: speed. Most people join them because they're trying to build up mission points as fast as possible so they can get to advanced job, or desperately try to level their advanced jobs. I don't know many people who do De Ragan runs for the sole purpose of levelling, so speeding through tends to take priority. I'm sure there are some people who just do it to try and prove something or another, but for most people it's simply a strategy, and at times I practice it myself.

Really, it's just best to ignore people sometimes. They can yell at you all they want but they really can't directly change your playing style just because they think theirs is so much better. And if you get kicked? Well, you probably didn't want to be there in the first place. There's always other parties. That's how I see it.

SuperRygar
Jan 25, 2007, 04:57 PM
Life's a funny thing. some people are just programmed to be ignorant and that's what makes their world go round. some people get personal gradification helping others. its one or the other, and it cant be all one and not the other. this is a game regardless of what some people would have you think, and if you get offended easily then just play by yourself for a while. and seek your own knowledge. people who rely soley on the wisdom of complete strangers and expect everyone to be iviting is quite delusional. the whole situation is mind boggling. all we can do is be ourselves(the nice people anyways) and hope that the a**holes die off in the next big global warming induced ice storm. viva la resistance!

Tengoku
Jan 25, 2007, 05:40 PM
On 2007-01-25 11:06, RyukiZero wrote:
There's really no point in passwording games unless you're trying to have specific people join your party, or are trying to farm. That's my opinion, at least.
Well, the discussion is about higher leveled characters busting in on lowbie missions, so passwording is how I kept higher leveled people from busting up my missions.

I only had to have a higher leveled player come in and kill all the mobs, thus denying me any exp, once. After that I passworded every mission and I haven't had a problem since. I'm not anti-social (which you didn't imply) but I am anti-freeloader.

SuperRygar
Jan 25, 2007, 05:43 PM
yeah, that's a good point. but if ur the leader of a group you dont want to password your group. add a comment, saying no lvl20+, or whatever. you can just kick the high level bitches because if you close your game how are other low level characters supposed to join

haha "lowbie"

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: SuperRygar on 2007-01-25 14:44 ]</font>

Rashiid
Jan 25, 2007, 07:49 PM
only thing i hate is when ppl join, die, and leave.

now, yeah ur rank drops, but ITS NOT A BIG DEAL! sh**t happens!
nobody on this game is perfect. i just hate when....

(made up)

*ChuChuKilla has join the party*

hey!

wassap!

hey hey!

(ChuChuKilla dies)

no scape?

nahh

i think i hav a moon....

ChuChuKilla has left the party.

=<-Trial Completed->=

WTF!?!??

Eliash
Jan 25, 2007, 08:31 PM
On 2007-01-24 20:34, Otaku wrote:
WAHHH im not even online yet but ive had that type of problem on EQ and DAoC and WoW.....but i think it will be fun when i finally sign on

First person I have ever seen outside of DAoC that actually knows what it is. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_eek.gif

Anyhow, I have grouped with high level people many times on my alt only to find that they do tend to run off and try to solo the whole thing. It gets annoying when I'm trying to buff but since I know a few tricks I am usually able to tag most of the monsters for quick xp.

Only once have I been left while 1/2 the party was fighting the boss, but I don't think it was done on purpose.

OFF TOPIC: BTW what server/class did you play? I had a 50 Skald on Lamorak RR5l6 that I play sometimes. Also various RR4l0 - 4l6 Albs on Bedevere.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Eliash on 2007-01-25 17:32 ]</font>

Gryffin
Jan 25, 2007, 09:05 PM
My friend (from off of PSU) finally got online, and on one of his first runs a lvl 60+ hopped in and caught a ride. However, at the end he dropped 10k to be nice http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif

I hitch rides now and again, but I dont steal kills or anything, I ask if I can hit things, and say I will try not to kill (not that Im too high level myself, just like to be safe)

Sometimes, when I have money, I drop some too http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/anime2.gif

<edit> Heck, Ive even switched to my lower level force and followed them around healing people http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif
(Free resta levels and it makes me look good, MWAHAHA http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif)

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Gryffin on 2007-01-25 18:08 ]</font>

Sekani
Jan 25, 2007, 09:34 PM
It takes about three seconds to solo Mad Creatures C if you're a decent level, there's no reason to hitch a ride on a lowbie's game.

BloodDragoon
Jan 25, 2007, 09:41 PM
People aren't staying in my Holy Grounds C games long... Think giving my new ranger 5 Falcons at lv 20 with a megaline and rafal buster was overdoing it? XD

Syntheticka
Jan 26, 2007, 03:35 AM
On 2007-01-25 07:11, Remedy wrote:
I'd like to state that, when I piggyback in C or B games, I don't kill things, I debuff them and buff everyone else and heal them. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif

I tend to do the same thing. It's hard enough to level when you're just starting, but it's worse when people just tag along and steal all the experience/be generally inconsiderate.

Divanti
Jan 26, 2007, 10:25 AM
Agreed.

Some of those low levels can get pretty rude about this. I joined an open party of high teens to mid twenties doing De Ragan C (I'd have preferred B as I'm level 33 myself but couldn't find an open party with the item distribution the way I like it). These guys get all pissy and are like, "No need 33." Shortly thereafter I get booted by the caveman speaking lowbies. Now, I can only speak for myself, but I think I'm very polite when playing with people lower than me on a mission that is generally very easy for me. I don't rush around and kill all the mobs. I hang back and let them tag 'em, since really I was only in it for the MP and maybe a few items. If it's taking a little to long maybe I'll whack a few mobs, but I'm generally pretty mellow. These guys didn't even give me a chance. Fucking assholes...

Witchblade56
Jan 26, 2007, 03:39 PM
Meh i ran into someone doing bruce's B runs yesterday. Was really lame.

He kept saying stuff like "LOL yer only level 43" "Like you know anything about PA's" blah blah blah. I have 3 characters now that are at level 40+. One that is level 52 to be exact.

Anywho i was taken back by this person's over attitude like he knew better. Like being level 69 is any different than someone who is level 43.

The problem arose when he was spamming knockback PA's that were causing the mobs to spin, specifically in beast form. While he double saber PA didnt cause the spins; the last room where two Vil kings spawn he was in beast form and using the knock back attack in beast form. I was promptly blamed for not being close enough [i was minding Bruce] to resta.

I was then yelled at for not pulling bruce out of the same area when he kept auto attacking. I ran completely out of the spawn room and he still kept attacking the mobs. I couldnt get within resta range to resta people without him aggroing straight for the kings :/

I wont name names however i will say that you should take care before you pass judgment on people; you weren't the best melee i had ever seen.

The protranser in our group was by far one of the best people I have done Bruce's with. His name is Jakster. Male human [mohawk hairdo].