PDA

View Full Version : what's special about Crea??

Errorrrr
Jan 25, 2007, 02:55 AM
I am sorry for asking these question XD i made a kubara topic before... but what's all this Crea craze??

Dj_SkyEpic
Jan 25, 2007, 03:07 AM
They supposedly grind very well? o.o... A guess XD

Errorrrr
Jan 25, 2007, 03:10 AM
.. is that a fact or speculation? there arn't A grinders yet!

Wheatpenny
Jan 25, 2007, 03:18 AM
Crea weapons all have a penchant for hitting one more mob then the weapon type normaly allows. Example a Crea Saber will hit 2 enemies at once in stead of one. And the grind thing we will find once the A grindres come out.

Errorrrr
Jan 25, 2007, 03:31 AM
still... i think they are over rated... i had the priviledge of using Creva-zashi 20% ice... not that great...

Garnet_Moon
Jan 25, 2007, 03:59 AM
The Twin Crea Saber hits for half a regular 8* on neutral enemies. Keep in mind that you're hitting two targets at once, so it evens out.

If you use it on a solo mob i'll beat you with a garden hose. Group only please.

Dj_SkyEpic
Jan 25, 2007, 04:04 AM
I speculate that they should grind well. Being able to hit a few more mobs shouldn't be the only reason why creas that are race-specific and are 7*'s.

There may be more to it than just that. Maybe their bonus with some other armor+weapon set may be superior? Hmm... We'll just have to wait for our A grinders or maybe get info from one of the JP players who has grinded theirs~

If the multiple hit count is the only reason, then of course they are overrated XD

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Dj_SkyEpic on 2007-01-25 01:06 ]</font>

Errorrrr
Jan 25, 2007, 04:14 AM
even if you hit 2 at once... i spam dagger PA anyways... and it hits more than one...

Zato-2TWO
Jan 25, 2007, 04:34 AM
I believe in that case, the Crea would hit even more than your PA would allow. A Creasaud, for example, using Tornado Break could hit more than 3 enemies at a time.

MomoHana
Jan 25, 2007, 05:00 AM
Crea Dagger is great adding another target/hit in on PA. Great with Morbu and Buten. Assumingly Crea Weapon will grind as good as Kubaras....don't know yet

Ether
Jan 25, 2007, 05:26 AM
http://www.pso-world.com/viewtopic.php?topic=131170&forum=22&start=0&99#3

Apparently they do grind well, but thats partially because they're so weak to begin with. Personally I find creas useless since the extra hit only applies to regular attacks and not skills

Errorrrr
Jan 25, 2007, 07:27 AM
LOL... I tried to make a twin crea dagger just for fun... and it came out to be 34% Ice element XD~~ woot!

Rizen
Jan 25, 2007, 08:08 AM
On 2007-01-25 00:59, Garnet_Moon wrote:
If you use it on a solo mob i'll beat you with a garden hose. Group only please.
I had to laugh at this one XD.

But what Garnet said it true, Creas arent the best weapon for solo mobs (unless they have more than one point). Right now I have the GRM and Yohmei Crea saber (amazingly...Yohmei Crea Saber is the strongest out of all 3 brands) and they work wonders for groups. Don't underestimate Rising Strike with one. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/anime1.gif

Thrash777
Jan 25, 2007, 11:38 AM
I, personally, would be using them if I weren't a Beast, cos of the ATA and multi-hits. I'm also curious to see if they have matching armor bonuses...

Kaydin
Jan 25, 2007, 12:29 PM
On 2007-01-25 00:10, Errorrrr wrote:
.. is that a fact or speculation? there arn't A grinders yet!

They're arnt? I found a Grinder Base A the other day... o_O *is confused*

Crea weapons just look cool. Exact replicas of the PSO weapons. Old school sounds even.

Genobee
Jan 25, 2007, 12:38 PM
They are pretty useless I rather have my 9 stars over creas anyday.

Akaimizu
Jan 25, 2007, 12:41 PM
Are they all Hunter-specific weapons, or do they have any versions other people can use?

Errorrrr
Jan 25, 2007, 03:25 PM
you can only find base, but not the boards to make it. it's not Hunter specific, it's race specfic. Only Human and Newman can use them with the classes that can use rank A dagger.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Errorrrr on 2007-01-25 12:27 ]</font>

Akaimizu
Jan 25, 2007, 03:30 PM
Gotcha. That'll include all expert classes save Protranser, at least for the single daggers. Hmm. Kind of makes you wish Protransers could make an exception of use for them.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Akaimizu on 2007-01-25 12:31 ]</font>

MaximusLight
Jan 25, 2007, 03:42 PM
The replica Creas (A-rank) do in dead suck to be blunt, in reality they aren't too useful unless your upgradeing from a 3 or 4 star rank weapon. They simply look like the old PSO versions of the weapon.

The Crea Double however isn't a replica made by the companies, it is actually a custom built blade. Hence it isn't a replica of any kind and it Kubara so grinding it will make it much stronger (I've seen some ligitamates in action so far and they hit hard like the high 400's easy when the person was between lv. 45-55)

There is a bit of debate as to wheather the replicas will at some point become custom model like the Doulbe (thus becoming useful) but that is still a mystry right now.

Wheatpenny
Jan 25, 2007, 03:48 PM
I had heard that there was the 7* Version(Replica) and the 10* version(Real Deal) Can anyone confirm this?

Pikadrew
Jan 25, 2007, 05:13 PM
grinder base A has been out. We're still waiting on the board to synth it tho.

omegapirate2k
Jan 25, 2007, 05:18 PM
Who else thinks the Yohmei version of the Crea Saber is the coolest looking Saber?

Errorrrr
Jan 25, 2007, 11:10 PM
can anyone playing the JP version tell me how well does these Crea weapon grind?

ChocoboChad
Jan 26, 2007, 12:09 AM
Alright. I know it hits one more enemy than usual on a standard attack, but does this apply to skills? I heard someone say it doesn't, but I'd like a confirmation.

The only reasons I would try to get a Crea weapon would be:

-Looks
-Farming easier missions. I.E. Linear Line for photons.

MaximusLight
Jan 26, 2007, 01:42 AM
On 2007-01-25 12:48, Wheatpenny wrote:
I had heard that there was the 7* Version(Replica) and the 10* version(Real Deal) Can anyone confirm this?

That would be the debate I was talking about, I know that so far it holds true but also there is to confirm it either.

On 2007-01-25 20:10, Errorrrr wrote:
can anyone playing the JP version tell me how well does these Crea weapon grind?

No need the 7 stars will grind like anyother mass produced weapon from the three companies (because they make them) and the 10 star so far is a Kubara so is grinds Amzinging (like the Dagger of Serfi in story mode).

On 2007-01-25 21:09, ChocoboChad wrote:
Alright. I know it hits one more enemy than usual on a standard attack, but does this apply to skills? I heard someone say it doesn't, but I'd like a confirmation.

The only reasons I would try to get a Crea weapon would be:

-Looks
-Farming easier missions. I.E. Linear Line for photons.

Yes it does stil get a +1 mob hit for skills too that what makes them useful at lower levels, crowd control.

Itsuki
Jan 26, 2007, 02:04 AM
People have this misconception that Claire weapons grind well. Let me clear up some of the mysteries of grinding Claire

Fact #1: Most claires gain very little ATP from grinding.
Fact #2: Claires have very low PP.
Fact #3: Claires do no gain any PP at all when grinding.

There are a few exceptions to this rule. The main exception is youmei saber: Claire Sabra. This weapon starts at 389atp. At +5 its 490. At +10 its 635.

If you can deal with the low PP values, GRM and Tenora Claire Swords don't grind necessarily bad.

The Twin Crea Saber hits for half a regular 8* on neutral enemies. Keep in mind that you're hitting two targets at once, so it evens out.

Now, this statement is entirely false. They have half the ATP of an 8* weapon, BUT, they only deal about 20% less damage. This means that they have the potential to deal significantly more with REGULAR attacks. Normal attacks with a twin saber or twin dagger can deal damage comparable to that of a PA without using any PP. This makes them great every day use backup weapons. They also have an extended range (atleast to my knowledge. Its very obvious that they are visually longer. But its questionable if this actually translates to an increased range).

EDIT: And to clear another misconception. Claire weapons do not give an added target to PAs (that WOULD be completely broken).

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Itsuki-chan on 2007-01-25 23:05 ]</font>

MaximusLight
Jan 26, 2007, 02:08 AM
So the Youmie don't just look good hu? and here I though they would grind bad like the rest of them, my bad. I assume I'm right about the Doubles though. Hmmm Would the Crea sword be an expection too? (It's a long shot but I might as well ask since I want it anyway)

Itsuki
Jan 26, 2007, 02:21 AM
On 2007-01-25 23:08, MaximusLight wrote:
So the Youmie don't just look good hu? and here I though they would grind bad like the rest of them, my bad. I assume I'm right about the Doubles though. Hmmm Would the Crea sword be an expection too? (It's a long shot but I might as well ask since I want it anyway)

Don't know what you mean about the doubles, but they can't be grinded yet, so it can't be that. XD

And I said the swords don't grind bad. For GRM you should expect close to 400 atp at +5, maybe 500 atp at +10. For the Tenora you can expect closer to 450 atp at +5 and around 600 atp at +10. I could be off on the numbers a bit, but the point is, unless you're hitting 4 monsters, they're probably not. that great. I do love them for looks though, so I carry some around. XD

MaximusLight
Jan 26, 2007, 02:25 AM
XD that's great about the swords (I didn't take it literrally I though you ment baldes in general).

As for the Crea Doubles, they are like the Daggers of Serfi Twin Daggers in story mode as to how they grind (which is a good boost for every grinder). basically I'm assuming that they will grind well because they are a rare weapon like the Daggers of Serfi and because the are both Kubara.