PDA

View Full Version : Will I get a good income from synthing 9* guns?

Zorafim
Jan 25, 2007, 02:59 AM
I have a pure 430 to take advantage of, and I intend to whenever possible. I can synth 9*s at a 49% chance, which is much lower than I'd like. Since the play shops are so outrageous, I buy from the NPC. This means I'd have to earn 425k meseta from every three synths that I do in order for the synth to be worthwhile, meaning that I'd almost break even if only one is successful.

Should I use all my meseta synthing guns and hope that enough of them are successful to make a profit? Or will I end up spending more money than I make?

Retehi
Jan 25, 2007, 03:02 AM
I get good money from Deathmakers myself, and Phantoms come in a close 2nd. I don't really bother with anything else, personally.

Carbinne
Jan 25, 2007, 03:14 AM
I like making 6* kubara weapons at 61% or so chance and selling them for 1~2 mill. If you set a hard spending cap of 30,000 meseta for kubara wood, that means that the 7 or so pieces you need for attempting one gun comes out to about 210,000 meseta. If you get lucky on a run of kubara guns you can make a decent profit -- and keep in mind that kubaras are grindable and thus call for occasional replacement.

By now, I imagine that most people who really want 9*s have already bought what they needed. The main guns I'd see that would be in demand are the twins, because they're good all around, Phantoms for similar reason plus the Phantomline set, and the Crossbows, since they're insane with a 21+ bullet. Cards are fairly popular too, so that might be another option, as are Bows. Any advanced class can use a handgun, so Pythons might work to some extent. I wouldn't really bother too much with Laser Cannons or Grenade Launchers, since they're rather situational weapons, rather than dependable workhorses like the Deathmakers or the Phantoms.

Zorafim
Jan 25, 2007, 03:27 AM
Hm, more than half a chance of working, and gets around 5k as much out of it as you put in... That sounds a bit too good to be true.

shewby
Jan 25, 2007, 09:00 AM
geez pc/ps2 economy is effed up. You couldn't sell 9* for more than 300k and Kubara 6* guns go for 30k or less on 360. I wish I had all that money to invest in making 9* guns for sale http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_frown.gif

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: shewby on 2007-01-25 06:01 ]</font>

Turambar
Jan 25, 2007, 12:41 PM
2 mil for a kubara? So would would a 8 digit figure be fair for a +10 riflic? As for what gun to synth for profit, I'd say probably the fan, bow, and rifle. Those seem to have the highest demand. Of course, getting enough to work to be able to make a decent profit without selling for insane prices is going to be a bit difficult, especially with the board glitch fixed.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Turambar on 2007-01-25 10:17 ]</font>

Carbinne
Jan 25, 2007, 01:06 PM
Well, my Shigga Dumduc, Ryo-Pistatorecs and Riflic all sold for 5 million altogether in the last 7 hours or so. I find I can sell at these prices because nobody else sells them. It's easier to set high prices when there's no other place to purchase what you offer. And yeah, I can easily see someone picking up a +10 riflic for 8 digit figures. 40, 50 mil, I can see it. I wouldn't do it myself, since I think it's insane to drop so much on one weapon, but for some people, they're loaded up with meseta and they don't have a lot to spend it on.

Turambar
Jan 25, 2007, 01:19 PM
Hmmmmm *Ponders*

*Insane sentimental value* v. *Insane meseta value(probably dirty meseta too...)*............

I still remember when raihocs and riflics sold for 35k each....... Good times.....

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Turambar on 2007-01-25 10:20 ]</font>