PDA

View Full Version : PSU-XBox 360: Xbox 360 Demo Questions

soce
Jan 25, 2007, 08:50 AM
Hello all. I am brand new to this site and to the game so I hope I am posting this in the correct location. I downloaded the demo onto my xbox 360 and I must say, I am completely confused on gameplay. I have never played a phantasy star game before but I have played RPGs. I did some google searches on this game and found myself here reading all of your informative posts. However, what I read here doesn't seem to match up with what I see and I am wondering if that is because I have the demo version.

First basic question for instance. I notice that on this site you list that I should be able to purchase the technique called Gizonde in the weapons shop of the first world. However, when I visit there, the only 2 lightning techs available are Zonde and Razonde. Infact, only the first 2 of each type are available. I am wondering if this is because I am playing the demo so much is limited or if it because I am too low of a level and more will magically appear as I level up.

Thanks for any help guys/girls and if I am posting in the wrong place please let me know.

Dhylec
Jan 25, 2007, 09:33 AM
By default, demos don't give you the full experience, just a taste of it. If you like the game, get the full version & join others in much bigger game, since there are even more contents now than last month. ;]

JAFO22000
Jan 25, 2007, 10:53 AM
Yes, I think your choices are limited in the demo.

You may want to check out this guide: http://www.pso-world.com/phantasy-star-universe-xbox-360-demo.php

This should be a good start for you.

soce
Jan 25, 2007, 12:07 PM
Guys, thanks so much. you just answered my question that i spent over an hour searching for on the web in no time... thanks so much.

soce
Jan 25, 2007, 01:29 PM
Hmmmm, the more I think about this the more it seems messed up. With only being able to get the first 2 spells yet so many skills and weapons, it really seems that the demo is out of wack. Anyone other demo players think this? Seems to me that there must be some way to get high level spells.

JAFO22000
Jan 25, 2007, 01:32 PM
We've already played the demo. You won't be able to get everything. It's just so you can try out the game.

soce
Jan 25, 2007, 03:40 PM
Well demo is bran new for xbox 360. i am not ready to commit to $15/month or i would run out and buy the real game. demo seems fun just wish i had a better understanding of all this. thanks for your help.

JAFO22000
Jan 25, 2007, 03:44 PM
Excuse me. We played the "open beta" back in October. It's not $15/mo. If you think the game is fun, perhaps you should rent it and get a license for a month. If you STILL like it, renew your license and buy a copy.

soce
Jan 25, 2007, 03:51 PM
yeah.... i wish it were that easy/simple..... i have a wife.... LMAO!

JAFO22000
Jan 25, 2007, 04:00 PM
I do not recommend this game if you want any semblance of a life...!!!

soce
Jan 26, 2007, 09:47 AM
lol, i hear that..... its not the life i want... trust me, i love to play video games and like doing that 1,000,000 times more then TV or going out. but its the WIFE with a "W" not LIFE with an "L" that I would be worried about.

soce
Jan 26, 2007, 10:03 AM
Here is another question.... I know that I can trade swords/items to friends in this game but can I trade SKILLS to them as well? Like can I give my buddy my level 2 rising strike skill since I am not using it any more? If you can, I can't figure it out so please explain how.

Thanks

MayLee
Jan 26, 2007, 10:33 AM
No, once "learned" You cannot but you CAN buy it Don't lern it but trade it

soce
Jan 26, 2007, 11:33 AM
Thx for that info.... here is next noobie question. I just found out that my CASTER char by default started as a HUNTER but since I am using guns/rifles I want to him to be a RANGER and not a hunter. Ummmm, how do I make this change now that I am lvl 9 overall and what differences should i expect to see if any?

Thanks

soce
Jan 26, 2007, 11:38 AM
k, just found part of this myself on this nice website. It says to "You will be able to switch your job by visiting the Type Select Counter." So now I ask, where is this counter? LOL, sorry if this is so obvious that you want to shoot me but i have never played any phantasy star game before so this is all 100% new terminology to me.

Thanks

Itchee
Jan 26, 2007, 11:42 AM
You can change your job class by speaking to one of the girls behind the counter at the Guardians Colony - 5th floor.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Itchee on 2007-01-26 08:43 ]</font>

soce
Jan 26, 2007, 12:09 PM
WOW, thanks so much. I seriously would have NEVER found that because I just assumed 5th floor was for non demo players since the girl always tells me that she has no missions for me. Man, this site is really useful. If/when I ask people anything in the actual game I get replies like: "I have no clue man, you can only do that in the paid game." or "I will suck you off for 4000 metesa" It amazes me how many disturbed kids we have today that get their kicks off of slapping up slang on computer games.

Thanks again.

JAFO22000
Jan 26, 2007, 03:53 PM
Also, the demo players are on a different server. You are on a server with all of the other demo players and none of the players who own the full version.

Again, might I suggest running through the tutorial if you haven't done so already? I believe it will answer many of these questions. Talk to the "floaty ball thing" (since you don't know the terminology, lol!) in your room.

Ka0s
Jan 27, 2007, 09:33 PM
Can you use the character you used on the demo on the real game?