PDA

View Full Version : PSU-XBox 360: Glitch Fix Status

T2
Jan 25, 2007, 12:32 PM
Hey guys,

we know the swimsuit glitch and synth glitch are still working on the 360,

I am just wondering if the 450 has been fixed on 360 or not, there seems to be a lot of different opinions on this one.

If it still remains "broken" than there might be a problem at sega in terms of getting fixes to work on the 360. which is good for the chance that we'll keep our synth glitch for awhile longer.

Edit: I would also like to point out that after 3 months a patch design specifically to fix it, the re-try button is still broken.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: T2 on 2007-01-25 13:05 ]</font>

Akaimizu
Jan 25, 2007, 12:35 PM
I doubt it, actually. The server code is going to be way too similar to make stuff like that too complicated. Too much stuff, by the time it gets to the server, is treated precisely in the same fashion regardless of platform. The fact that we're talking about glitches that were identical across 3 platforms, makes it seem unlikely a patch wont come, soon enough.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Akaimizu on 2007-01-25 09:37 ]</font>

JAFO22000
Jan 25, 2007, 12:46 PM
Where's my Tricktrack!!! lol!

akratic
Jan 25, 2007, 01:36 PM
From SOA:

Hello,

The Xbox 360 will also receive patches, updates and fixes. The game runs
on separate servers than the PC/PS2 version, so some may come sooner or
later than PC/PS2 patches. All platforms are supported with the same
amount of attention from our teams. If you have any other questions,
please let us know.

Thank you
John
SEGA Support

----------
That was in response to an email from me asking about the 450 being fixed.

JAFO22000
Jan 25, 2007, 02:33 PM
Did Juan get fired??

Rizen
Jan 25, 2007, 02:37 PM
Isnt Juan like John anyway? But like they said, it will be fixed soon.

JAFO22000
Jan 25, 2007, 02:39 PM
Maybe it's "Juan" if you have a Spanish last name, and "John" if you have and English last name?? If you sent an email from France, would it be signed "Jean"??

Krans
Jan 25, 2007, 02:42 PM
ive heard of the synth glitch but what is it exactly

Alkaar
Jan 25, 2007, 03:06 PM
It's more so an exploit rather than a glitch.

Say your synth was unsuccessful... you'd reset your system at the put in inventory/put in storage menu, load up your game and cancel your synthesis. This would cause you to lose any materials used in the synth, but you'd still have your board to try again.

This exploit has been fixed on PC/PS2 with the latest patch, but is still doable on the 360 until the patch is released.

I've also heard of a grinding exploit, although I'm not completely sure how it exactly works. Probably something along the lines of resetting your system as well.

Maridia
Jan 25, 2007, 03:11 PM
I worry about the future of the 360 if the people in charge of its updates are the people who were in charge of the old PSOX updates. Those poor poor people. Getting bounced back and forth from Xbox Live and from Sega. No real answers. Christmas decorations up in May. *shakes head*

Seems to me that the only thing 360 gets quickly is the easy patches. The stuff unlocking content. Not the ones that actually involve coding, and programming. Like the glitches and the 450 fix. I hope that it goes better this time around, because I can honestly say that if they get lazy like they did with PSO.. you guys are doomed in the later life of PSU.

Sad face. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_frown.gif Good luck.

Akaimizu
Jan 25, 2007, 03:16 PM
I doubt it. The 360 servers already had patch fixes before this one. They're probably biding their time for the right time to release them. Heck, we might be simply on borrowed time with the couple minor glitches until the next update. I don't use them though, so I'm in no hurry to make use of them before the fix comes around.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Akaimizu on 2007-01-25 12:17 ]</font>

Alkaar
Jan 25, 2007, 03:24 PM
Yeah, I hope we get the advanced patches soon... as in pronto. Unlocking content is one thing, but the actual technical issues is another. It's the technicalities that people are complaining about. We know that they are on top of the "unlockable content updates" for the 360 version. All we need now is official word and change of the real problems in the game.

akratic
Jan 25, 2007, 04:38 PM
On 2007-01-25 11:39, JAFO22000 wrote:
Maybe it's "Juan" if you have a Spanish last name, and "John" if you have and English last name?? If you sent an email from France, would it be signed "Jean"??

Well I signed my email "Mike Dogbuttslicker", which sounds German or maybe Dutch to me.

Ubersoldat
Jan 25, 2007, 04:52 PM
Somone else pointed this out to me as why the 360 hasn't gotten the update yet: since its a downloaded patch that modifies the game (as opposed to a server side fix), it has to go through the MS authentication process and then put on the XBox Live download list. I'm sure the patch is on the way, its just taking a bit longer because they have follow all the Xbox Live protocols.

Krans
Jan 25, 2007, 05:59 PM
is item synthesis determined when you take out item or when you actually begin the synth? any way to prove this?because otherwise couldnt you glitch it until you take out the actual item, i guess that would mean its prob in the beginning but i always wondered this.

Marik
Jan 25, 2007, 06:15 PM
The 450 is still broken. We haven't had another patch to download.

Itchee
Jan 25, 2007, 06:17 PM
On 2007-01-25 14:59, Krans wrote:
is item synthesis determined when you take out item or when you actually begin the synth? any way to prove this?because otherwise couldnt you glitch it until you take out the actual item, i guess that would mean its prob in the beginning but i always wondered this.

It's determined when you begin the synth. If it fails from the get-go, it'll still be a failure no matter how many times you do the trick....

Thrash777
Jan 25, 2007, 07:08 PM
Don't worry too much over it, the update will come...

Sekani
Jan 25, 2007, 10:16 PM
On 2007-01-25 13:52, Ubersoldat wrote:
Somone else pointed this out to me as why the 360 hasn't gotten the update yet: since its a downloaded patch that modifies the game (as opposed to a server side fix), it has to go through the MS authentication process and then put on the XBox Live download list. I'm sure the patch is on the way, its just taking a bit longer because they have follow all the Xbox Live protocols.

This could be totally made up, and yet it sounds like it makes perfect sense.

T2
Jan 26, 2007, 11:54 AM
Any status updates on glitch fixes for the 360?

the 450, swimsuit, and Synth still not fixed?