PDA

View Full Version : im gonna be new to online

werewolfking
Jan 25, 2007, 02:24 PM
im getting online today and have no clue what to do i will be a cast ranger well thats what i want to be so what do i do from there where do i go what do i try to get? and help is appreciated

SuperRygar
Jan 25, 2007, 02:25 PM
be careful when asking a question like that here. people will try pushing they're opinions on you

are you on ps2/pc or xbox? what time will you be playing? i'd be willing to show you the basics. im on ps2

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: SuperRygar on 2007-01-25 11:26 ]</font>

Scejntjynahl
Jan 25, 2007, 02:26 PM
Use guns, level up, and be happy.

BoxerMcBoxe
Jan 25, 2007, 02:26 PM
Ask people to help you level doing like De Ragan runs or stuff like that. Also online have expert classes such as fortegunner which is aloooooooooooot better ranger class.

werewolfking
Jan 25, 2007, 02:28 PM
ok so i need to be a fortegunner and im on the pc

Golto
Jan 25, 2007, 02:28 PM
If you are going to be a cast ranger I would use an empty characrer slot and create other cast rangers and put their rifles in the common box. Having several rifles starting off will be a big help. Once you earn enough money buy the fire rifle bullet first if you plan on using rifles as you primary weapon type.

werewolfking
Jan 25, 2007, 02:29 PM
uhm actually on pso i like the mechguns so ill use those alot

Scejntjynahl
Jan 25, 2007, 02:31 PM
They (mechguns >.> ) behave different than on pso. And as far as I can tell you only carry one in one hand.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Scejntjynahl on 2007-01-25 11:31 ]</font>

werewolfking
on stroy mode im lvl 9 with alot of good stuff and like 10k

JAFO22000
On 2007-01-25 11:25, SuperRygar wrote:
be careful when asking a question like that here. people will try pushing they're opinions on you

are you on ps2/pc or xbox? what time will you be playing? i'd be willing to show you the basics. im on ps2

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: SuperRygar on 2007-01-25 11:26 ]</font>

...because he would like to push his OWN opinions on you in private, lol!

Seriously, he posted here because he would like direction and opinions. That's the whole point of a forum.

Destruct05
do what i did when i first joined. go through the tutorial, do some linear line or de ragan runs, level yourself up and have fun! oh...and save up your meseta for job changes and a rank weapons. youll thank me later...

werewolfking
Jan 25, 2007, 02:33 PM
yes plz i have also no clue about the fortegunner war techer ppl stuff like that and i want a good ranger one

Golto
Jan 25, 2007, 02:33 PM
Good thing about psu compared to pso is that you can change your character's job type.

SuperRygar
Jan 25, 2007, 02:34 PM
HAHA way to make an assumption. i would show him the basics and have him form his own opinion

and talking in real time beats a forum anyday

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: SuperRygar on 2007-01-25 11:35 ]</font>

werewolfking
Jan 25, 2007, 02:35 PM
yea but im gonna be a pure ranger

werewolfking
Jan 25, 2007, 02:38 PM
no more help? about the gunner forte and stuff?

JAFO22000
Jan 25, 2007, 02:38 PM
It's a bit different in PSU...if you want to be a pure ranger, first you'll have to level your RANGER beginner class to 10, then switch to FORTEGUNNER advanced class and level that up.

werewolfking
Jan 25, 2007, 02:39 PM
ah that may take a while huh

Scejntjynahl
Jan 25, 2007, 02:41 PM
Not if you find decent people to help you do multiple De Ragan runs in C course.

SuperRygar
Jan 25, 2007, 02:48 PM
best way to level up your class in the beginning is to find a group, or create your own, that will do "speed runs" on Valley of Carnage, the first mission in Moatoob. that run is quick,and with 3+ people its done in no time. when you get stronger I FIND that its best to do speed runs with a group on B runs. you get more mission points plus your leveling your character up

BoxerMcBoxe
Jan 25, 2007, 02:50 PM
Okay Fortegunner can only be gained when your ranger rank reaches 10.
Casts get a boost for becoming fortegunner. And as to the mechgun thing. It is only possible to equip em in the left hand so onl one at a time.

JAFO22000
Jan 25, 2007, 02:52 PM
Yes. In PSO, you made your character with your class attached. PSU allows you to customize your character by choosing your job class.

There are 3 beginning job classes: Hunter, Ranger and Force. Luckily for you, Cast's will start out as the Ranger class. As you clear missions, you will get mission points dependant on how well you complete the mission (i.e. if you don't die, you get the highest rank, or "S rank" and the most amount of Mission Points. Die once, you get an "A rank", etc...)

As you get mission points, you will notice your Ranger class start to level up. It will cap at level 10.

Once you get it to level 10, you can then go to the 5th floor of the Guardian's colony and change your class to Fortegunner. You will start again at Fortegunner level 1, and have to level it up to gain better stats, but you will be able to use more/better weapons and be able to level your bullets to higher levels than you would if you stayed a Ranger.

There are also hybrid classes, but since you stated you wanted to be a pure ranger, you should work towards Fortegunner. I would suggest you try out all weapons to see which you prefer

Rashiid
Jan 25, 2007, 02:55 PM
also, be aware meseta is worth so much more online, but ur a PC user, so ull be lvl 3 w/ 99,999,999 meseta

poo those darn hax!

SuperRygar
Jan 25, 2007, 03:03 PM
one thing he didnt really mention at the beginning is that he has played offline http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif i would assume that he knows about mission points. but i remember when i first played, i didnt hit the button i need to accept my mission points >.< talk about feeling dumb afterwards

werewolfking
Jan 25, 2007, 03:15 PM
what u have to hit a button

werewolfking
Jan 25, 2007, 06:27 PM
lol thx for all the help ill be gettin online later tonight thx you all

SuperRygar
Jan 25, 2007, 06:31 PM
when you do a mission, theres an icon by your name, on pc i think you press Z, then you press enter. if you start a new mission without accepting your points, you lose them

Reiichi
Jan 25, 2007, 06:43 PM
Rifles and twin handguns are standard for most rangers.

Then you can get more adventurous and try out a shotgun or mechgun.

You should also try to save up and pick up bullet skills which cost 1k typically. These will add elements to your bullets, and also allow you to land status effects like burn, freeze, paralyze, silence, etc.

You can try fire rifle bullets and plasma twin handgun bullets for starts and expand from there.

SuperRygar
Jan 25, 2007, 06:48 PM
i love the shotgun. its not like the spread in PSO. right now my shotgun has 3 bullets, i've heard someone mention 5. but when your close enough you hit the enemy with each bullet. its pretty powerfull, sometimes it can be stronger than the rifle you have. plus you can just back up and tag each monster for the EXP or hit them with some sort of status effect. ...come to think of it...i dont even know if that was the case in PSO. could you hit 1 enemy with all the bullets of the spread in PSO? haha i never used ranger in PSO. they kinda sucked. now that shooting is non-stop they rule!

and the machinegun is good too. it can dish out huge amounts of damage fast, plus cause many status effects. its not really effective against strong opponents. bring it out on C rank speed runs and its your best friend. only downfall is the ammount of PP it has. they empty out pretty quick.

alot of people shun these weapons cause they arent as powerful, but its not always about power

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: SuperRygar on 2007-01-25 15:53 ]</font>

imfanboy
Jan 25, 2007, 10:40 PM
Well, first of all, I'd recommend going to the Guides section of this forum and finding the Bullseye thread - it's a big read, but an awesome one that will tell you pretty much everything you need to know about Rangering. ^_^

Second of all, DO THE TUTORIAL AT THE BEGINNING WHEN IT ASKS YOU. It gets you an NPC Partner Card (for a CAST, it'll be Lou's), up to about level 3-4, and a free Photon Art disk that you should sell to the NPC to try and get a bullet skill for your rifle - the best one online would be either burn or virus, depending. I'd probably go with Virus if you're just starting out.

Later on, save up for stuff, accept reasonable gifts, and generally try to have fun. ^-^

Pure-chan
Jan 26, 2007, 12:12 AM
On 2007-01-25 12:03, SuperRygar wrote:
one thing he didnt really mention at the beginning is that he has played offline http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif i would assume that he knows about mission points. but i remember when i first played, i didnt hit the button i need to accept my mission points >.< talk about feeling dumb afterwards

...pretty sure this is false ^

I do afk runs for my friends pretty frequently and they seem to go up in rank whether they're accepting the reward or not.

http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_hamster.gif

nefarious
Jan 26, 2007, 12:24 AM
Rangers = most expensive in terms of PP refill costs.