PDA

View Full Version : PSU-Mission: Brings out the worst.....

Morwen
Jan 25, 2007, 03:15 PM
It would seem to me, and I pray that only I have seen this, that upon doing Bruce’s mission people seem inclined to get…a little “nasty”. I can’t tell if it’s from the WANT, to receive an “S” rank or just plain malice to a fellow player who might not have been completely up to par. I believe no one, rather the confrontation starter, takes in to consideration, that ONE: LAG on that mission is like flies to dog S**T in the hot sun, any way to avoid it? NO. Two: there may be other things going on in said person’s home i.e. being bothered by ones siblings. Not to justify that person…if they are in fact slacking…however my question is: Am I the only one who has experienced, and heard of this?

SuperRygar
Jan 25, 2007, 03:16 PM
someone should try an experiment...have everybody doing the missions shut off their sound and music. i wonder if that would reduce lag for all. just a thought!

omegapirate2k
Jan 25, 2007, 03:16 PM
No, it happens all the time, just because it's timed, really.

Reeses
Jan 25, 2007, 03:17 PM
I did that mission with someone who told me i wasn't cutting corners fast enough...

hahahaha. I still laugh about that. And, i turned off my computer right before we finished. Take that!

Eliash
Jan 25, 2007, 03:21 PM
It's from the desire to always get S-rank.

1) They don't care, it's not their problem. Anything for S-rank.
2) They don't care, it's not their problem. Anything for S-rank.

You are not the only one to notice this. People are rude, the internet allows them to be more rude without the possibility of physical consequences. The best suggestion I can give you is to find a group of people who don't mind playing together and try to group with them as much as possible.

I don't find parties like this every day, some of the random parties I join are actually cool. However, always be prepaired for the worst. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif

Alkaar
Jan 25, 2007, 03:33 PM
I don't recall a single Bruce run without at least one person in the party taking it lightly. It seems like there always happens to be a jacka** that likes to do things his way and tell others off if they did something they felt was wrong.

Nailuj
Jan 25, 2007, 03:51 PM
It certainly doesn't surprise me that people would get so rude about missions like Bruce's Dungeon. I kind of got that impression that people would be like that after playing with some of them just in regular missions. Having people go ape shit about your damange on DE RAGAN, or people having a fit about you not having all weapons with elemental %'s over 30. Come on -_-

Reiichi
Jan 25, 2007, 03:53 PM
I think if Bruce was just a little bit smarter, the universe would be a better place.

Nailuj
Jan 25, 2007, 03:56 PM
omg he does do some stupid stuff, noob http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/anime2.gif

Akaimizu
Jan 25, 2007, 03:57 PM
Hehe. I'm hearing the future....and the future is telling me that someone will post a topic that says something in the lines of "Bruce. PSU's Mome." by someone who fondly remembers the Dreamcast versions.

panzer_unit
Jan 25, 2007, 03:58 PM
One thing that really bugs me about Bruce is that I'm up front about buffs really lagging my PS2. I don't know why*, but the game goes into bullet-time when the party has all the buffs up. Doesn't matter. The forces always have a little buff party before we get started every time and then I get stuck on weapon switching and even run slower than everyone else for the whole mission :|

At least the people I play with are too nice to complain about me dragging along like that.

* my PS2's probably an old piece of crap, most likely

twysted
Jan 25, 2007, 04:03 PM
you should hear it on the 360 with the headset omg hurry the f up damn wtf are you doing c'mon we got 15 seconds... its so crazy i mean i want an S as much as the next guy but it gets a little insane sometimes...

Bobkitty
Jan 25, 2007, 04:04 PM
I did bruces runs for about 6-7 hrs today and had a great time.. I mainly found 2 parties that each lasted quite some time. Every now and again we'd encounter some moron, or jerk, but it wasnt really a huge deal.. Really the worst I experienced today was one person dying at the end of the run, then leaving because they couldn't afford to recharge(without even letting us offer a couple bucks, he was too quick about it).

I was really waiting for someone to say 'ZOMG USE TEH FIRE WEAPON ON BERD!' but not one person mentioned it.. Same with a lightning ele weapon.. I sold all of my lightning and fire weapons thinking I'd never do bruces :/

Garnet_Moon
Jan 25, 2007, 04:06 PM
Gettin an A-Rank in Bruce's B is better than any other standard map. That's 53 points. S ranking is 70.

Long as you don't drop to B rank reward you're doing fine.

Nailuj
Jan 25, 2007, 04:07 PM
Well for one the ps2 can't graphically handle everything that PSU offers during gameplay. I know I switched from ps2 to pc because my ps2 can't handle the workload of handling more than 2 characters in battle online. It's ridiculously slow, like you said in bullet time lol.

I'm sure its worse on xbox because you can hear people say shit to you.

ryeenae
Jan 25, 2007, 04:26 PM
I've only done a pick up party on Bruce's Dungeon once, just the day after it came out. We were doing C rank and had a ton of fun, no one took it too seriously. Even when one person lagged so bad at the second laser gate of B2 and cost us S, no one freaked out over it. I think some people need to just chill out, I mean REALLY. It's not like you suffer some kind of horrible loss by getting an A rank. -_-

Ryuen
Jan 25, 2007, 05:28 PM
This is why I only party with friends to do Bruce's Dungeon. Although one of my friends did get pissy over dying to leader Vears...but she's always been emo so meh.
...something tells me that I'm glad I got PC instead of Xbox 360...

CelestialBlade
Jan 25, 2007, 05:37 PM
People tend to forget that it's a video game I guess. Lol, internet.

Garnet_Moon
Jan 25, 2007, 05:43 PM
On 2007-01-25 14:37, Typheros wrote:
People tend to forget that it's a video game I guess. Lol, internet.

Serious business.

-Crokar-
Jan 25, 2007, 07:12 PM
it is to me.... not really i dont care

SuperRygar
Jan 25, 2007, 07:15 PM
i really should get around to trying the Bruce mission...

Rashiid
Jan 25, 2007, 07:38 PM
thats why i stopped doing Bruce's Dungeon, like for good

once i sent that msg to all mah friends, i never did it since

its not even fun, u burn thro everyting w/ ppl yelling at u on every little thing u do

waste-o-tyme to me

Schubalts
Jan 25, 2007, 08:27 PM
Strange, I haven't seen anybody get yelled at during Bruce's yet. Not even me, when I crashed twice during the same party.

Solo_Wing
Jan 25, 2007, 08:34 PM
just shrug it off and find another group, there will always be rude people no matter how good u do. play with friends if possible.

btw was fun partying with ya earlier today Morwen http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif

Dragon_Knight
Jan 25, 2007, 08:42 PM
For me? I've never done pick up parties....at most I've included two bozos from who knows where. Never had a problem cause everyone is cool with each other...we even laughed at one guy for getting noobed by a leader Bear. He even joked about how he was weakest link. But its for the reason that people can be so rude that I just do normal missions with random parties...I'll never do a timed mission with one.

Tahldon
Jan 25, 2007, 09:36 PM
Itsuki-chan -indeed- did warn us of this in that Bruce's guide. I'm quite sure everyone or the majority has read it.

Double edged sword, remember?

Natrokos
Jan 25, 2007, 11:34 PM
Bruce is ideal for a group of friends that can actually laugh about the game instead of break down emotionally.

Deprimenthia
Jan 26, 2007, 12:26 AM
Play with your PSU buddies. Simple solution: Don't play with random people.

Schubalts
Jan 26, 2007, 01:03 AM
Hey now. Every party I've been in has been with random people.

Deprimenthia
Jan 26, 2007, 01:12 AM
Good for you then. Haha. I'm just saying that if it bothers you... But it obviously doesn't bother you.

foamcup
Jan 26, 2007, 04:07 AM
On 2007-01-25 16:38, Rashiid wrote:
thats why i stopped doing Bruce's Dungeon, like for good

once i sent that msg to all mah friends, i never did it since

its not even fun, u burn thro everyting w/ ppl yelling at u on every little thing u do

waste-o-tyme to me

I stopped playing it too. I don't care about getting experience points or mission points, I want to have fun, and that mission is not fun. I like the music, but otherwise, no.

panzer_unit
Jan 26, 2007, 10:42 AM
I love the mission for all those big encounters it throws at you. I don't even care if the group wins or loses, really. It's just fun to do. I get sorta tired of it after 3 runs however.

MayLee
Jan 26, 2007, 10:47 AM
I hate Bruce This will be the last time he dies on me! *shakes fist*

jizaboz
Jan 26, 2007, 11:38 AM
Yeah... yet another reason not to play the 360 version. I'd rather not have 14 yr old kids calling me names and telling me to hurry up or whatever. Hearing them talk in public is annoying enough.

Clone365
Jan 26, 2007, 01:01 PM
lol generalization^^ but... if you play as much as i do, you just learn how to put those brats in their place^^

Rashiid
Jan 26, 2007, 02:47 PM
On 2007-01-26 08:38, jizaboz wrote:
Yeah... yet another reason not to play the 360 version. I'd rather not have 14 yr old kids calling me names and telling me to hurry up or whatever. Hearing them talk in public is annoying enough.

majority of the time, little kids party w/ little kids

reasons? : kid enters party, we hear the high pitchness....removed from party; simple

or, ppl join random party, hear a little kid, then leave

they (little kids) are just stuck w/ each other now

+ majority of little kids are on GoW, leaving the mature here http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/anime1.gif

Witchblade56
Jan 26, 2007, 04:36 PM
Eh i managed to get into a random party that made s rank on Bruce's B like 4-5 times. 70 mps per run and I'm almost level 4 fortetecher on my level 43 newman.

Minding bruce is kind of a suck job but i managed to do it lastnight. I just hate being yelled at by stupid bastard beast melee to "GET BRUCE THE FUCK AWAY FROM THE BEARS, HOW MANY TIMES DO I NEED TO ASK?" When he spams knock back attacks on the king vils at the end. He got himself killed once and very nearly a few other times because he wouldnt listen to a "LOLLV43" to stop it with the knock back attacks. He very nearly got a few people killed unnecessarily.

First runs are always going to be lame with random parties until everyone finds their nitch and shut's the **** up. The guys level above was 69. My comment to him was "How -DID- you make it to 69?"

panzer_unit
Jan 26, 2007, 04:38 PM
XP gain is pretty consistent... even if you're getting crap ranks in crap missions. Job ranks is where you can really tell who the go-getters are.

Witchblade56
Jan 26, 2007, 05:00 PM
Meh my focus was all on mps versus exp. When i do bruces i adjust my playstyle to just that. I dont get as much exp doing Bruce's and that's fine with me. I'm after class levels atm.

I spam my buffs and use resta and mind Bruce. My only issue is that bruce will periodically "aggro' the damned King bears -.- It doesnt matter if i run out of the spawn room he stays there and whacks on them :/

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Witchblade56 on 2007-01-26 14:09 ]</font>

Ogni-XR21
Jan 26, 2007, 07:29 PM
Expert job cap is 10 right?

If so I don't see any reason to spam BD for mission points, since I will reach the cap no mater what I play before they raise it.

Ooga
Jan 26, 2007, 07:33 PM
Someone got pissed at me once because it was my first time doing the mission. rofl

DonRoyale
Jan 26, 2007, 07:35 PM
Oh, but kids, you forget:

Instead of going with the idiotic whiny noobs from Uni 2, try going with your FRIENDS! You know, the ones that aren't noobs?

Ever thought of that?

Ooga
Jan 26, 2007, 07:36 PM
On 2007-01-26 16:35, SereneShadows wrote:
Oh, but kids, you forget:

Instead of going with the idiotic whiny noobs from Uni 2, try going with your FRIENDS! You know, the ones that aren't noobs?

Ever thought of that?

I don't care enough to take the time to make friends.

AlieNxxxxxxxx
Jan 26, 2007, 08:33 PM
S rank is hard as shit to get, anyone who cares THAT much about getting S rank on Bruce needs to get a life.

A rank is all you need on bruce... If you get an A rank on C rank missions then it gives you more shit then most B rank missions on all planets. So there is really no point in people crying about not getting S rank on Bruce.