PDA

View Full Version : Material quality and Advance Photon wish

Eliash
Jan 25, 2007, 05:25 PM
I think that if ST was to add these two features into the game it would make synthsis a bit more interesting.

Material Quality

Each material found in the field would have a quality attached to it. Similar to the way grinders work. The quality would increase the chance to make the item by 2% each level. The way the total synth percents would be calculated would be by average.

Example: If you needed 10 materials, and you added 5 Material+1 and 5 Material+10 it would average out to roughly 10 Material+5 and give you a 10% bonus to crafting that item.

It would then add on the quality from the other materials. Assuming that the other materials generated another 10% to the synth chance it would add 20% to the base chance to synth the item. In effect raising a 50% chance to a 70% chance.

Advance Photons

Unlike the material, advance photons would be more unstable and lower the synth chance. However, a high quality one would also give the best chance at synthing a high element weapon and/or armor.

Something like an increase of 2% element from the base 10%, and a 2% synthsis decrease per level. With a Advanced Photon+10 you would have a base 30% elemental weapon, but a lower synth rate unless you use only perfect materials. If you use perfect materials it would cancel out the bonus gained and it would be like a normal synth.

Anyhow, this won't be implemented. But just wondering what you guys would think about the whole idea.

EDIT: Word fix.

EDIT2: I know that Advance Photons are already used in the game and are different from regular photons. This is not related to A. Photons, but rather for lack of words.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Eliash on 2007-01-25 14:29 ]</font>

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Eliash on 2007-01-25 14:30 ]</font>

Shinzakura
Jan 25, 2007, 10:39 PM
Actually, I like your idea of material quality, but for different reasons: say, having a sword or saber made out of "very poor" quality materials might make the weapon synth faster, but would stand a much higher rate of breaking during grinding or even during combat.

As for advance photons, maybe have them introduce new photons period? Time? Wind?

Weakness
Jan 25, 2007, 10:53 PM
Hate the material idea. It would just make finding high grade materials a pain in the ass through player shops.

Like the photon idea. It would be nice to ensure a high % weapon, and could possibly drive down their inane costs on PC/PS2.

natewifi
Jan 25, 2007, 11:12 PM
You could use these ideas and make your own game!:)

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: natewifi on 2007-01-25 20:12 ]</font>

Eliash
Jan 25, 2007, 11:58 PM
On 2007-01-25 20:12, natewifi wrote:
You could use these ideas and make your own game!:)
<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: natewifi on 2007-01-25 20:12 ]</font>

Actually that's why I'm learning C++ right now.

Sinue_v2
Jan 26, 2007, 12:04 AM
Advance Photons

Yeah, bright idea... use of Advanced Photons (or A-Photons) is the reason behind the SeeD attack in the first place. But hey, maybe it could work out to your advantage... maybe SeeD infected monsters will suddenly be attracted to the blade of your weapon?

Eliash
Jan 26, 2007, 12:11 AM
Actually I wasn't refering to A-photons, it was for lack of better words. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif Basically what I was refering was a more refined form of photons.

PMB960
Jan 26, 2007, 12:20 AM
On 2007-01-25 20:58, Eliash wrote:

Actually that's why I'm learning C++ right now.

Heh most people don't realize it is just as hard to get into the game industry as it is to get into Hollywood. I think it would be good to have materials graded on quality. I already synth most of my maerials which most people don't do. When most people see Marseline they don't pick it up. When I see Marseline I pick it up because even just 15 = 1 Kerseline. Same with Dianaline. I pick up tons of it and make tons of Kerseline with it. Same with Wood and Ash into Ebon

Eliash
Jan 26, 2007, 12:30 AM
I do realize how hard it will be to actually get into the industry, that's why I'm trying my best to keep my college GPA as high as possible. I'm hoping that it will help enough to actually get a job that may lead up to something more. With some luck and hard work I'm looking forward to trying to get somewhere. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif

Anyhow, that's off topic. And I do the samething with ores. Even the 1* ores.