PDA

View Full Version : Are all non-newman Fortetechers doomed??

Shaia
Jan 25, 2007, 11:54 PM
Are all S-rank rods/wands only equippable by Newmans? Or only some?

Does this mean I can never use psycho wand or other special weapons as a Human FO??

Please tell me this isn't true!!^^;

Eliash
Jan 25, 2007, 11:55 PM
I believe only some will be newman only. If ST did that it would be like making all twin daggers Beast only, not a smart move.

Ether
Jan 25, 2007, 11:56 PM
So far only Halarod is newman only. Why I have no idea, there's no reason for it

Psycho wand is usable by humans, or at least the hacked version is

ShinMaruku
Jan 26, 2007, 12:16 AM
When the king come home what a bitter thing, gnashing of teeth and moaning of bickering.

Garnet_Moon
Jan 26, 2007, 12:24 AM
You'll be forever doomed to have lower damage than us, yeah, nothing will change that, but you're still useful.

Remember: Megid has no enemies. It loves everyone; even dark elemental mobs. :3

Zorafim
Jan 26, 2007, 01:53 AM
The psycho wand is wielded by espers who are descended from the magician Noah (Or Lutz, whatever). None of the numans are able to equip it, so the psycho wand should be human only!

MaximusLight
Jan 26, 2007, 01:58 AM
you get to a high enough level and that shouldn't be an issue, might be many updates away though.

KG
Jan 26, 2007, 03:06 AM
the weapons were never hacked the boards were and yes P wand is usuable by any race

VR_Pilot
Jan 26, 2007, 03:40 AM
Race-specific weps are a contradiction. First ST says that players won't be forced into any particular class depending on the race they choose, and then they give newmans exclusive rods. When the hell are they going to stop all this nonsense?

Garnet_Moon
Jan 26, 2007, 03:43 AM
On 2007-01-26 00:40, VR_Pilot wrote:
Race-specific weps are a contradiction. First ST says that players won't be forced into any particular class depending on the race they choose, and then they give newmans exclusive rods. When the hell are they going to stop all this nonsense?

I'm waiting for the Human-only "BFG-9000" to be released before I complain about race-specific items.

Presently, they are fine. ^____^

Mikaga
Jan 26, 2007, 05:18 AM
The question should really be "Are all Newman non-Fortetechers doomed??"

On the bright side, at least the one class we're not worst (or second-worst for maybe three if you prefer them over Beasts) at has a bunch of positives, like Lv.30 Tech and Long Staff exclusivity, and the treading on Ranger's toes with Lv.4 status arrows.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Mikaga on 2007-01-26 02:19 ]</font>

LOTRLegolas
Jan 26, 2007, 05:19 AM
i think thats a good thing since newmans dont get a special ability like the SUV or the nanoblast, so that makes it fair imo.( sorry humans)

rena-ko
Jan 26, 2007, 05:23 AM
doesnt mean all other weapons everyone else can use are so inferior that it doesnt make sense to keep on using them.

A2K
Jan 26, 2007, 05:38 AM
On 2007-01-25 22:53, Zorafim wrote:
The psycho wand is wielded by espers who are descended from the magician Noah (Or Lutz, whatever). None of the numans are able to equip it, so the psycho wand should be human only!

An alternate Romanization for Lutz from Japanese is "Rutsu." http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_wink.gif

Sexy_Raine
Jan 26, 2007, 06:34 AM
Just because a cast force or beast force have greatly inferior TP doesn't mean they deserve type of exclusive wand. They better not get one. They have a special attack, so it would not be fair.

I sense there will similar race exclusive weps for beast hunters and cast rangers, just give it time.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Sexy_Raine on 2007-01-26 03:35 ]</font>

Almalexia
Jan 26, 2007, 07:55 AM
On 2007-01-26 00:43, Garnet_Moon wrote:

I'm waiting for the Human-only "BFG-9000" to be released before I complain about race-specific items.

Doom based weapons no thanks.

Not unless you can fight the Bull Dog Demon™ for it.

Shiro_Ryuu
Jan 26, 2007, 08:41 AM
On 2007-01-26 02:18, Mikaga wrote:

On the bright side, at least the one class we're not worst (or second-worst for maybe three if you prefer them over Beasts) at has a bunch of positives, like Lv.30 Tech and Long Staff exclusivity, and the treading on Ranger's toes with Lv.4 status arrows.

well, actually, I don't think that non-Fortetecher Newmans are really doomed either. I'm doing just fine with my newman Hunter thank you very much.

Mikaga
Jan 26, 2007, 12:22 PM
You say "not doomed", I say "worst of the four races".

The glass is half empty/full, really.

ShinMaruku
Jan 26, 2007, 12:33 PM
On 2007-01-26 00:43, Garnet_Moon wrote:

I want them to get the Ultrazord Powerstaff. :E

Astarin
Jan 26, 2007, 12:37 PM
For clarification:

Is the Halarod actually Newman exclusive, or is it simply that (at current level caps) only Newmans meet the TP requirements to equip it?

RadiantLegend
Jan 26, 2007, 12:38 PM
Beast only Axe....hmmm i dont like that idea. Not at all.

Gamemako
Jan 26, 2007, 12:41 PM
On 2007-01-26 09:37, Astarin wrote:
For clarification:

Is the Halarod actually Newman exclusive, or is it simply that (at current level caps) only Newmans meet the TP requirements to equip it?

Newman-exclusive. Even a CAST fortetecher has enough TP to use it at 70/10.

Akaimizu
Jan 26, 2007, 12:48 PM
Nah. It only means that humans alone have no special ability nor an item worth anything. You just have to pick from the general set of items and make the most of them. In general, it's only the community that can doom them. Though the BFG reference was awesome and very funny (keying off the topic title). http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif

As long as PSU doesn't turn into the elitist party combat of a certain other known Japanese-crafted online RPG, and the gameplay change enough to promote that kind of attitude in gaming; there's always room for the humans to play. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif

Zorafim
Jan 26, 2007, 12:49 PM
On 2007-01-26 02:38, A2K wrote:

On 2007-01-25 22:53, Zorafim wrote:

An alternate Romanization for Lutz from Japanese is "Rutsu." http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_wink.gif

Great, that spoiled brat is Noah's reincarnation? Such an honor shouldn't be bestowed on someone who already has the badassiness of a Numan.

Rika-san
Jan 26, 2007, 01:56 PM
newman fortechers with wands/rods exclusive are fine. ltp

Garnet_Moon
Jan 26, 2007, 02:08 PM
On 2007-01-26 10:56, Rika-san wrote:
newman fortechers with wands/rods exclusive are fine. ltp

Of course. We're the only ones who make the use of Wands worthwhile. *Waves to the WT's and GT's* Hi boys. =^-^=

CAST: Exclusive Guns of all variety.
Beast: Exclusive melee weapons that are by Tenora Works. Axes, Spears, etc.
Human: Exclusive melee weapons by GRM. Double Sabers, Twin Sabers, etc.
Newman: Exclusive access to the better Rods and Wands by Yohmei.

That's fair. It plays tribute to the Forte the race is designed for. Human is a Hybrid so FG is the best option for them.

Akaimizu
Jan 26, 2007, 02:40 PM
Hmm. So by your means while the humans are supposed to be well designed for hybrid classes, they'll only get weapons designed to limit them to one single hybrid class. I'm still not convinced that the humans will benefit anything by simply getting specialized melee weapons, unless they are usable by many of the hybrids they can be and actually have something beneficial that isn't simply bested (all around) by the standard weapons they can already use. Then again, putting specialized melee in the hands of a GT is like a big slap in the face to them. It's kind of like giving them a slightly better claw and tossing them into cats. Every part of their being is to stay away from monsters, and without strong Gi techs, they have no respectable teeth at close range.

I doubt any help to humans can be solved by a particular weapon set. They are 2nd in both Accuracy and Technique.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Akaimizu on 2007-01-26 11:48 ]</font>

Weakness
Jan 26, 2007, 02:50 PM
On 2007-01-26 02:18, Mikaga wrote:

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Mikaga on 2007-01-26 02:19 ]</font>

I hate the fact that Force's get level 30 bullets.

I'm not one of those people that thinks Ranger should be the best, most damaging class or anything. I just think that we lack anything unique. They should make level 4 SE Bullets Ranger onry and I will be happy... Just cap Force's bullets at level 20. Protranser I have no beef with, GunTecher no problem, but do Forces need them too? The correct answer is, no.

You are a force, what the hell do you need a bow for anyway? Spit some spells at it and be happy...

Rashiid
Jan 26, 2007, 02:52 PM
did we ask ST to give us this? nahh.

reason they gave us 30 bullets is because our 2 main weapons are staffs/wands
since we usually hav a card/pistol in the other hand, those need to be powerful too

ShinMaruku
Jan 26, 2007, 02:53 PM
I sure own't complain about that simply for the fact that the, bullts saved my ass on many occasions picking of them retarded monsters who spam stuff.

Akaimizu
Jan 26, 2007, 02:59 PM
And at the same time, giving others some powerful status effects alongside the rangers and have better damage dealing and a heal. Hmm. Almost reminds me of being a Force in the Dreamcast PSO version 1. I'll still kick butt with this configuration, though. As that level 30 bullet aspect alone is not as good as it sounds.

Still, it does sometimes feel that the tradeoff to give a GT 10 levels and not 11 of Melee PA goes rather unused given the suicidal nature it is for them to enter melee.

The tradeoff on the Fortetecher's abilities with guns are two-fold. For one, the pitiful attack power doesn't help them use guns well, and they also lack some much needed ATA. So while they do get the level 30 bullets, their statistics balance them out so they really aren't as good as they look.

When you see the difference in damage and how often they hit, and the relative damage, between the two, it becomes apparent in the field.

The ATA really pays off after raising some good levels on a Gunner's class or expert class. That's when you start hitting some incredibly high evasion monsters, regularly. Both increased criticals and (by average statistics) increased Status Effect amounts follow. At GT 5, as a human, even the super annoying evasive flies became enemies I hit frequently, doing wonders for conserving some PP.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Akaimizu on 2007-01-26 12:22 ]</font>