PDA

View Full Version : Say Something NICE about PSU

JericHikari
Jan 26, 2007, 03:30 AM
I've seen countless grief threads both ehre and at the 'official' PSU forum. Between gameguard, repeditive content, not being able to find anybody, haxta, and the ever present Dupermart it leaves a prospective subscriber wondering if its worth it.

So, with all that in mind. I want people to list GOOD thigns about PSU. I'll go first.

Its not Tolkien Fantasy World clone #54963868396320.

VanHalen
Jan 26, 2007, 03:33 AM
well that one takes the win right there.

1. more flexablity in races than PSO
2. i love the places and stuff
3. beautiful lobbies
4. three companies and three different basic weapon looks
5. challenging
6. crazy unrealistic moves that you wont get enough of
7. in the future

Garnet_Moon
Jan 26, 2007, 03:40 AM
1) Karen is hot.
2) GH-440 is the most adorable pimpette ever. *Sees Suzaku glaring at me so I move to the next item on the list* >___>;
3) Ninja Penguins aka Bel Pannons are cute as hell.
4) Laia is sexy.
5) Grove of Fanatics NEVER gets boring.

If you disagree to the above you are wrong and you are going to hell to suffer for eternity.

http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_wacko.gif

Pentence
Jan 26, 2007, 03:57 AM
I love the simple idea of photons and their connection with your mind and spirit.That is just such a simple neat scifi idea.Also the fact that it explains so much in PSU as a overly anyalitical scifi lover this just makes me giddy.

I mean come on its brilliant " ok guys we want insane moves and wicked spells how do we tie this one down?"few minutes pass"I GOT IT!! PHOTONS they amplify your frontal lobs inherit powers and allow you to control them with YOUR MIND!"small aplause from think tank.

Seriously tho i have yet to see a scifi rpg that reasonably explains its wicked powers people have.PSU does it and then some cause the PAs look awsome like the yo yo dagger one,YAY for kinetic psycic powers http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif

Zato-2TWO
Jan 26, 2007, 03:59 AM
-Character balance handled extremely well.
-Action-oriented gameplay invokes tactical combat, so you're not just pressing buttons and watching numbers pop out of monsters.
-Actual COOL looking moves.
-Character creation more innovative and flexible than other MMOs.
-Not very 'stat-crunching'-heavy, unlike WoW where you are pressured to playing a maximized build or GTFO.
-Venues for roleplay are many, and the variety of chat options offers more than most other MMOs
-"Team missions" like Bruce's Dungeon that require precise teamwork and offer a much different game experience than the usual grind.

Slickk
Jan 26, 2007, 04:07 AM
it's new. kinda

Alisha
Jan 26, 2007, 04:31 AM
beast females = win
dual claw pa's remind me of classic fighting games. from street fighter to killer instinct.
human females = win
female flaxo set = win
mizuraki C.D. music = win
agata islands music = win
parum underground music = win<---not sure what this music would be called online. in story mode it's the place before denes relics.
raffon fields music = win
bogga zubba = own http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_eek.gif zomg falcon punch/howling fist

NisukeReach
Jan 26, 2007, 04:31 AM
long-swords are a great accessory. <flashes his weapon palette revealing 6 swords>

as a side not, the PC version has a wonderful window mode IMO

Mattardo
Jan 26, 2007, 06:05 AM
It is never predictable. With a 98% chance at synthing something, my PM still lilkes to keep me on my toes and fail. I appreciate that kind of flexibility. It might be extremely boring if all my expensive weapons didn't break all the time. Those are ... good things. And running around with little girl PMs that kill things. That's always fun.

Shaidar
Jan 26, 2007, 07:59 AM
It's fun.

rena-ko
Jan 26, 2007, 08:03 AM
its a lot of fun trying to figure its mechanics out.

... what?! >.>;;

Rizen
Jan 26, 2007, 08:04 AM
Rena is a nerd! *points and laughs*

Its fun to hang out with friends on. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/anime1.gif

Maridia
Jan 26, 2007, 08:09 AM
Oh god, countless good things. I'll totally think of some after work. but uh, until then..

NANOBLAST SEXY WALK! <3

Destruct05
Jan 26, 2007, 08:10 AM
Now for the good stuff about PSU...

-Nice and Addictive
-Graphics are a step above PSO (of course).
-I can turn off the music! http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif
-Clothing styles might not be all that great atm, but at least you get a lot of choices.
-LOTS of Customization
-Mostly Helpful, Enjoyable Community
-The female characters can actually be quite attractive imo.
-Jobs can be changed!
-Did i mention that its fun and addictive?

And thats what i like about PSU.

jizaboz
Jan 26, 2007, 08:22 AM
Something NICE about PSU

Lynzeemoon
Jan 26, 2007, 08:24 AM
It's better than World of Warcraft... cuz it never gets old! http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif

Dhylec
Jan 26, 2007, 10:00 AM
It's something I look forward to play everyday.

Jife_Jifremok
Jan 26, 2007, 10:08 AM
* A massive step up from PSO in terms of playability.
* Realtime combat where at least -some- degree of skill is required!
* Race/class flexbility. You even have the option fi be a low-tier if you so please, and is it really that crippling to do so?
* Not Tolkien Fantasy Clone #9327926 as mentioned in the original post.
* Actual explanations for most things.
*Lock-on is not required...it does interfere with my one-handed gun strafing though when combo's with a saber.
*Cut-in chat, shout bubbles, thought bubbles.

Sexy_Raine
Jan 26, 2007, 10:21 AM
-Killing Adhana is very enjoyable, I will not deny that.
-Being a Force is very enjoyable
-The options for party leader, I love it
-I like the Lobby animations
-The choice to solo hard missions if you please(I will solo S rank Mad Beasts S when I get back)
-SUV specials

necman
Jan 26, 2007, 10:53 AM
It's nice to see a positive thread once in a while. A list of what I like about this game could go on for a long time. Can't get enough of those suv's or Synthing my items even thou it drains all my money and resources. I really like the rare creatures and my BelPannon room decoration. There is plenty of other things I like but I won't bore you with them all.

MayLee
Jan 26, 2007, 10:57 AM
Lolibots! ^__^

Akaimizu
Jan 26, 2007, 11:20 AM
Lots to like about this game.

- For one, some of the most fun realtime combat, online.

- The comraderie of the co-op. It's just great to group and provide support.

- The sexiness of the expert classes. I just love the schizophrenic classes like the one I'm in. You have so many choices, in the field, and you have to stay on top of things to decide which role you're playing *right now*. "Uh oh. I'm a ranger...nope now I'm a healer....whoops...now I'm a buffer.....nope now I'm dealing damage....Now I'm freezing and burning things....ok now I'm interrupting an attack to save a pal...." Mind flowing like water, knowing your perception of everyone involved in battle along with open-minded but shrewd decision-making is making the difference. I live for that stuff, and for right now...only PSU has it. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif

- Fun with Partner Machines. (Jasmine rocks... http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif )

- Having the nice folks on my friends list.

- And last but not least. The entire fact that the Nbareh Six Square Circus is in town!! I mean....if that's not a plus, I don't know what is. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif

JericHikari
Jan 26, 2007, 11:24 AM
I personally love most of what's been mentioned here. Room editing alone is something that I know I for one will heavily get into since...lets face it, its an extention of your character and you get to create a shrine to thine pimptitude that anyone can admire at will(or those with your combo if you lock it).

Really, just wanted to try and provide a bit of balance against all the grief/PSU is LAME/Dude GG B0kkorzz3d t3h game!!111 threads.

Out of curiosity, chat animations doable in your room? Given I occasionally, you know, try and roleplay(or at least quasi RP pending the group) It'd be nice to be able to do out those scenes that basicly require a personal room seting, or a non public place. Another reason I like rooms that're customizable on the fly(provided you have parts), you can swap everything out for a new set to play in(especially handy if someones' recording with fraps, always lovely to have more settings options there).

Callous
Jan 26, 2007, 11:33 AM
Despite the long list of things I'd like to be different, I'm having shitloads of fun with it.

There you go.

Itchee
Jan 26, 2007, 11:40 AM
- Doesnt commit spousal abuse like some other RPGs.
- Doesnt get pissed when you need a ride at 3 in the morning.
- Is a generous tipper.
- I like robots! ^_^

Akaimizu
Jan 26, 2007, 11:42 AM
I'm still oddly curious about point 2 and 3. Considering I don't think I got PSU to actually do anything about points 2 and 3. Unless I'm misunderstanding. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif

Rika-san
Jan 26, 2007, 11:56 AM
- when you die you don't lose exp/meseta off your character
- you can solo whenever you want if you aren't in a party mood
- finding ingredients on your own to synth home made items
- you can go afk at will without 39 other people yelling at you
- you never have to worry about item weights
- transfering to different planets and missions are quick
- you can freely join and quit other peoples games if you chose

theres a lot more, but I am about to head to lunch

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Rika-san on 2007-01-26 08:56 ]</font>

Itchee
Jan 26, 2007, 12:03 PM
On 2007-01-26 08:42, Akaimizu wrote:
I'm still oddly curious about point 2 and 3. Considering I don't think I got PSU to actually do anything about points 2 and 3. Unless I'm misunderstanding. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif

2. Always comes through when I need to be picked up from the airport....or bailed out of jail.
3. Tips well over 10%.

Flwl3ssCowboy
Jan 26, 2007, 12:05 PM
I like the way you can custome your Male cast now so he's not so hueg and bulky

I was once told Red-XIII looked like a Gundam, lol

there's actually quite a bit more I like about this game

New spells
Weapons
All the different clothing for the meatbags
Weapons
Synthing
Your own shop
Weapons
All the kick-ass PA's (Gravity Strike ftw)
Extremely customizable characters
and the weapons!

Axel3792
Jan 26, 2007, 12:29 PM
Hmm... spears that act like spears and not shorter swords... win!

Zorafim
Jan 26, 2007, 12:43 PM
Basically, it has everything that FFXI didn't have (though on the flip side, it doesn't have many of the things that I loved FFXI for).

It has very customizable characters. From the serious face to the shy eyes, and you can even customize your eyelashes. Seriously, who the hell thought that up? You can wear anything you want without it effecting your preformance (fighting in a bathing suit is even an option), and you can equip just about anything you want to. It doesn't even matter what abilities you use in a given situation, you can just make a character based on your visual preferences.

Stat munching is part of the game, but not necesary. A lv30 character with B rank weapons can party with a lv50 character with high A rank weapons without much notice. If somebody wants to casually play and blow all their money on cosmetics, they will preform at a lower level than somebody who only cares about preformance. Yet both these people can easily party together without conflict. In fact, the person with worse equipment can outdue the person with great equipment in combat in some situations.

You can just pick up your controler and play. I'll admit that I need a forced grouping like what was seen in FFXI to meet and converse, and I miss logging on and jumping in a conversation on my linkshell, but now I don't have to find a replacement in my party if I have to leave. If I have half an hour to play, I'll do a quick mission and be on my way. Reversely, if I have nothing to do the entire day, I can grind for hours and hours, especially if I find a more hardcore group. This can be somewhat of a curse, though, since many times parties I think will continue for a long while instantly break up as soon as we finish a mission.

Any time you want, you can change your job into something else. You're stuck with noobie jobs at the beginning, and are rewarded with advanced jobs as you continue along. Unlike other MMOs, the advanced jobs are actually better than the basic ones in the catigories that the advanced job speciallizes in. And although the game encourages the making of multiple characters (each race as at least one job they do very poorly, and a job they do so well that ST mistakenly believed they should get additional stats to it), a single character can master all jobs and have equipment and photon arts for each one. Rerolling is just as easy; just make a character, send back some funds, and they'll easily be able to afford any piece of equipment they wish for. Of course, all the cool job combos just happen to be the worst possible ones (Numen look best with claws, casts look best with rods, and beasts look best with big guns).

There is a small sense of comunity, though it wasn't planned out as well as it could have been. Hunting for rares has almost entirely been replaced with farming, though at least slot items are still there for PSO's hunters. Synthing seems poorly done, and it's difficult to make a weapon and get a profit out of it, so I cannot really compliment that. Being able to get any item on any character I think is an improvement on PSO's section ID system, and this synthing does make it possible to retain just as many rares.

JericHikari
Jan 26, 2007, 01:04 PM
Personally I like the idea that grinding brings with it the chance of breaking your weapon. It adds a nice bit of risk to something that on PSO used to be a stop and wait two seconeds while I use all my grinders job. Wish they'd allow for repairing(but would stirp the weapon back to base level), but cant' have everything so soon I suppose.

Just glad weapon breaking only happens when you're trying to modify it rather than SWG's 'weaposn break in the middle of a fight'. That would ROYALLY suck.....

OdinTyler
Jan 26, 2007, 04:10 PM
1. Phantasy Star rules.
2. PSU rules.
3. Anything PS rules.

Should I say more?

OK, I will:
4. Its different from every other RPG series out there & yet, its one of the older of the series still around.
5. Ive played every incarnation of PS (not necessarily on every system). The series just makes you a loyal fan (if you truly are one, which I AM).
6. Meseta - A monetary unit OTHER than gold. Gotta love that!
7. Ive always seen Japanese undertones before but none more prevalent than Neudaiz. Sega is evolving & finally allowing those that dont live in Japan, but, appreciate the culture to revel in the wonder.

Thats all for now. Running out of time. More, another time, perhaps.

Itsuki
Jan 26, 2007, 04:17 PM
1) Karen is hot.
I second that. I'd hit it.

2) The update system is good. Although some people argue they'd rather have it all at once, the constant updates keep the game constantly new. Theres something new every week, 2 weeks at most. And theres always something to look forward to. (Atleast on the JP version)
3) It fufills my desire to play dress up and buy cute clothes.

Thrash777
Jan 26, 2007, 04:26 PM
The community is awesome!

SolomonGrundy
Jan 26, 2007, 05:00 PM
1. No sec IDs!
2. Not locked into a particular job
3. More race/class/sex choices available
4. Beast women are so filthy
5. Enemy AI is more sophisticated then PSO
6. NPCs/loli at your disposal for soloing purposes
7. level cap attainable without 1,000s of hours playing the game. Anyone with a PSO character above 175 feels me on this one
8. Self buff items
9. (X360) live voice chat
10. yeah, I'd throw karen a bone too.

Jae
Jan 26, 2007, 05:06 PM
On 2007-01-26 13:17, Itsuki-chan wrote:
3) It fufills my desire to play dress up and buy cute clothes.

WTF that's just wrong.

Seconded.

Maya is also a hottie.

Akaimizu
Jan 26, 2007, 05:10 PM
Thirded on the outfit aspect (Just love making up words).

And yes, I'll also give a +1 to the idea of the level of character customization this game has. The face and body proportion controls are of the stuff I've only seen presented in the now defunct True Fantasy Live Online. Face modifications, for uniqueness, were exactly what these kinds of games need.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Akaimizu on 2007-01-26 14:14 ]</font>

Garnet_Moon
Jan 26, 2007, 05:11 PM
On 2007-01-26 14:06, Jae wrote:

Maya is also a hottie.

You mean Boob Demon or Boobzilla.

Didn't you get the memo? That is her new name. XD

JaiBlue
Jan 26, 2007, 05:14 PM
The sooner I'm able to kill my pm the better.

Turambar
Jan 26, 2007, 05:47 PM
Players are given unique ID numbers instead of actual names, thus removing the existence of xx123(Insert anime/video game/movie name here)xxxx.

Saito S
Jan 26, 2007, 05:58 PM
On 2007-01-26 13:17, Itsuki-chan wrote:

1) Karen is hot.
I second that. I'd hit it.

Thirded (sorry Akaimizu, I stole your word http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif)
Karen is hot beyond reason. O_o Come to think of it, I find that I like the character design style better than PSO's. I mean, in PSO you could make female characters that were very cute, sure...but PSU's char models are much smoother, with much more facial details, not to mention WAY more options for the look of the character...it's far easier to make characters that are just WOW. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_wacko.gif

Lots has already been said about why PSU is great, and I agree with just about everything. A couple things I wanted to mention...
At first, I was SO dissapointed about the removal of Mags, and I really was kinda "meh" on the whole PM thing. I couldn't figure out what to feed it...synthesis was hard...it takes forever to make any progress...and there are only 5 possible final outcomes for the battle-ready forms?
Recently though, I suddenly started thinking that they are actually pretty damned cool. It took me forever to decide which type of PM to give to which of my characters, but now that I have figured it out and am feeding them regularly, I can't wait to get them to lv 80. Of course, finding out about the advanced PM types - meaning there will eventually be more than 5 finals - didn't hurt either. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_cool.gif

Another thing...PSO had this incredible, unique, and almost indescribable style to it, from the visual art style to the weapons to the techs to the music...everything contributed to this awesome slick-sci-fi-techno-with-a-bit-of-subtle-fantasy atmosphere that NO other game has done so well. Except, of course, PSU, which thankfully has recaptured that magic, at least to me. This is one of the reasons why - despite the fact that they are "smaller" content-wise - I feel PSO/U are scores better than any of the "real" MMO's. That, and real-time, action-game style combat that is actually FUN to play, and would still be fun even if the game were not an online cooperative one.

Lastly, and perhaps most significantly, what makes PSU great are the friends I play with. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif

omegapirate2k
Jan 26, 2007, 06:17 PM
The reworked weapons system is a plus, not to mention the kickass PA system as well. Plus the greater freedom with your character class/race (like CAST forces, didn't see THAT on PSO, well, not legitimately XD)

Pure-chan
Jan 26, 2007, 06:19 PM
On 2007-01-26 14:58, Blue_Flame wrote:

Lastly, and perhaps most significantly, what makes PSU great are the friends I play with. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif

<3 ...that's at the very top of my heirarchy on 'why PSO/U has devoured 6 years of my life.' ...but wait, you already knew that Blue, you've been there for all of it. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/anime2.gif

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Pure-chan on 2007-01-26 15:20 ]</font>

KyokoHunter
Jan 26, 2007, 06:22 PM
On the whole, PSU is great. It's like comparing say an old Mini to a new Mini... you may love the old Mini because of its character but you have to accept that the new Mini is a better car in every way.

Fredrick
Jan 26, 2007, 06:57 PM
I for one really like the large spread out worlds / lobbies. Although it can feel a little lonely if no one is around, it does a good job of simulating the feel of a futuristic world.

Saito S
Jan 26, 2007, 06:58 PM
On 2007-01-26 15:19, Pure-chan wrote:

On 2007-01-26 14:58, Blue_Flame wrote:

<3 ...that's at the very top of my heirarchy on 'why PSO/U has devoured 6 years of my life.' ...but wait, you already knew that Blue, you've been there for all of it. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/anime2.gif

Indeed. These games are fun, sure, but if you have cool people to play with, it makes it roughly 462% more fun. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif
I have put SO many hours into PSO/U, I don't even wanna know how many hours that could have gone to sleep, or to working on my writing, or to playing some other games for once, or to taking a walk outside, or to... (etc. etc.) I lost to these games... But you know what? With friends like you, I wouldn't trade a single minute of it. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_wacko.gif

You, me, Mikella, and Jenn should co-author a book:
"Phantasy Star Online: My Replacement Life" http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif

Gulkeeva
Jan 26, 2007, 06:59 PM
The female chest is bouncy

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Gulkeeva on 2007-01-26 15:59 ]</font>

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Gulkeeva on 2007-01-26 16:05 ]</font>

Gamemako
Jan 26, 2007, 07:14 PM
I have yet to hear "OI, BR?" in PSU.

Sharkyland
Jan 26, 2007, 07:40 PM
1. Spears have now a different animation than swords...
2. (Xbox360 only) When an appropriate songs comes at the appropriate time (damn fmv)...
3. Difference in photon arts...
4. Items set to 'in order'...
5. Want to solo a bit... bring an NPC to help you along.
6. Class varieties...
7. Short on money, open a shop...

(I'm a Mirei fan though...)

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Sharkyland on 2007-01-26 16:40 ]</font>

Shinzakura
Jan 26, 2007, 07:42 PM
PSU, to me, is one of the few MMOs that I've played that's actually fun without having to devote way too much time of your life to it. Hated RO, never cared for Evercrack or WOW, loved CoH but it's too time consuming now. To me, PSU strike the right balance between playability and enjoyment, and if you don't have that, you don't have much of a game. PSU has it (and it's only gonna get better!) and that's why I'm enjoying my time here.

JericHikari
Jan 26, 2007, 08:58 PM
On 2007-01-26 14:00, SolomonGrundy wrote:
7. level cap attainable without 1,000s of hours playing the game. Anyone with a PSO character above 175 feels me on this one

QFTW!

Loved that PSO had an amazingly high levelcap(200 as opposed to, say...70 or 99) but after you hit the mid eighties it took for frekken EVER to level. And now that you don't have to do insane ammounts of grinding to get into high level content? Frekken SWEET!

What's the state of Rares in PSU? I realize the duping community is huge, but is there anything on the scale of the old V2 weapons?

....Still got my Agito laying around. No big deal on GC but for DC/PC players....the agito was frekken IMPOSSIBLE to find legitly, but I did it, first pal-rapy too. Just hoping there's either currently or going to be unique weapons like that(woks, paper fans, a frekken game magazine...not to mention non-lightsabre-y swords). Just one of those things I'm wanting later on.....though I'd really REALLY like there to be a set of Rico-esque weapons to be released, just for old time's sake.

Puppet_Papaya
Jan 26, 2007, 10:05 PM
One reason I prefer PSU over FFXI is that I can quit playing right away if something comes up. None of this "but I FINALLY found a good party" jazz from FFXI.

Palefire
Jan 26, 2007, 10:30 PM
Pretty much everything everyone else has said, with my own addition:

Bishies! Yes, I'm a shallow, shallow girl. But dammit, I like my androgynous pretty boy Newman. I've never been able to enjoy a game very much if I don't enjoy looking at my character.

Seriously though, what I enjoy best about the game is that if I don't particularly feel like playing or I'm too busy, I don't feel like I have to play because I need to grind as fast as I can in order to have an OMG!L337 character. I can take my time and enjoy the game rather than treat it as a second job the way I've had to with RO, EverQuest, WoW, and so on.

BloodDragoon
Jan 26, 2007, 10:36 PM
I always though RO and WoW as games for casual rpgers... I basically just picked them up, played a bit, logged out when I thought of something else to do.

Never played Everquest long enough to see what that was really like. The game in general didn't hold my attention. Lasted about as long as Ultima Online in regards to my attention span.

Palefire
Jan 26, 2007, 11:51 PM
On 2007-01-26 19:36, BloodDragoon wrote:
I always though RO and WoW as games for casual rpgers... I basically just picked them up, played a bit, logged out when I thought of something else to do.

The only reason I consider those games for hardcore gamers is the time-sink factor: pointless tasks that are only in there to keep players from levelling too fast. (Corpse runs, having to walk *everywhere* for up to an hour, etc) I couldn't just log on, check my equipment/items, and go kill things when playing any of these games. I had to spend far too long just trying to get to a field before I could get to the actual game-playing aspect.

ShadowDragon28
Jan 27, 2007, 04:49 AM
I concur with practically every thing stated so far (except the joke posts, but funny tho).

I get to kill things with weapons I made myself. Fun team based special missions like "Bruce's Dungeon" (ST please add more like these!)

Happily anticipating the coolest looking Long Coats in a video game i've ever seen (plz be released *soon*!);
and cant wait until I can make kick ass black colored Kubara type melee weapons,
and godly S-rank 12* rare weapons that look like theyve been forged by beautiful gods and goddesses of darkness. *wickedly grins* I so wish to get a Kaligain Rukkar...

For those reasons above PSU is fooking awesome IMO. This tread is made of awesome and Win. I award the OP 1mill. internets.

-Ryuki-
Jan 27, 2007, 08:57 AM
-The people of PSOW make PSU enjoyable.

Bobkitty
Jan 27, 2007, 09:03 AM
PSU is umm.. hmmmmm... Well it's kinda pretty in a way, and uh.. addicting... and err....

It's not as bad as most people who dislike it, say it is.

Super fun game.

Oh and after reading a couple of posts it made me realise, one definate great thing about this game.

The fact that leveling can be as fast or slow as you make it.. it can be as easy or hard as you make it.. Not to mention wit hthis game there isn't much need to sink 20 hrs a day into it, unless you really want too. I like being able to just hop on for 30 minutes before work do a few things, feel as if I accomplished something and then log off..

Basically progression can take as little or as much time as YOU want it too.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Bobkitty on 2007-01-27 06:09 ]</font>

Dre_o
Jan 27, 2007, 09:37 AM
WELL I have a few big ones that may have not been repeated lotsa times:

1) NO POINTING AND CLICKING. I don't see why (in today's modern technological age) games like WoW and Guild Wars went with pointing and clicking. They basiclly dug the game a boring grave.

2) THE BLACK LIST That little gem has saved me from hours of douche baggetry I'll tell ya...

EDIT: Also, Just look at my sig! Can ya tell me that doesn't look good?

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Dre_o on 2007-01-27 06:37 ]</font>

JericHikari
Jan 27, 2007, 10:52 AM
Got sigs turned off(dialup hell). Anyway...you can block people? That just to keep from seeing what they say, or does that keep them(in theory) from joining games you create?

Palefire
Jan 27, 2007, 11:38 PM
One thing I forgot to mention is that as far as skills are concerned, practise really does make perfect. In all other games, it doesn't matter how much you use a skill: levels the same for everyone. One of the things I absolutely love about PSU is that your skills level up with usage. The more I cast Resta, the more effective it becomes. That's one aspect I wish other games would get wise to, but it simply makes PSU all the more appealing.

And while it's true that this is the way it was in PSO, it's much easier to level a skill in PSU.

Gryffin
Jan 27, 2007, 11:45 PM
-No point and click (Huzzah!)

-Traps are fun http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif

-Class diversity

-Traps look cool

-Clothes make people look different

-Traps make enemies fly

-Rappys are adorable

-Traps make Rappys go boom

-Status effects are pretty cool

-Trap status is amazing

-Great place to meet people...(Don't ask..http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/anime2.gif)

-Traps blow people that you don't like to pieces!

YAY TRAPS

DonRoyale
Jan 28, 2007, 12:03 AM
-better graphics
-better traps (and I don't even use them HOOO~)
-insane stats at low levels
-looks are far better and more customizable
-diversity is better (no "OMGRAMARLPWNZ")
-The equipment selections are better by "this class can equip these weapons" than "this can only be used by this class"
-No omnipotent weapons (yet...>>)
-No hacking (majorly, I mean, no hacking that doesn't benefit us all)
-Much more to do in PSU than in PSO. I mean, it was just a race of hunts and TTF spam to get to 200, and then what? Really, I ask you. In PSU you have ten classes that you can max, making it so you have access to all weapons that your race can equip.
-No materials. God, I honestly thought materials ruined PSO, but that's my opinion. (I mean, with the proper equipment, I had a level 1 FOnewearl with a Psycho Wand)
-No MAGs. Something that increases your base stats defeats the purpose of levelling up.
-No slots that increase your base stats, for the reason stated above.
-An actual story mode (despite how crappy it was)
-The ability to put up a shop.

All we need is a guild system and I'll be good. =D

BLACKR0SE
Jan 28, 2007, 12:09 AM
Actual gurls. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif

hallothar
Jan 28, 2007, 12:11 AM
when u talk u can have a spiky bubble or a cloud bubble or a square bubble and u can sho ur face http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_eek.gif

PJ
Jan 28, 2007, 09:42 AM
A nice thing?

PSU exists. That's freakin awesome.

Shiro_Ryuu
Jan 28, 2007, 10:06 AM
the fact that you can be ANY race/sex/type combination without any limitations.
that there are 12* of ALL weapon types, not just a select few
Hunters are much better than they were in PSO due to PAs
you don't drop your weapon or lose meseta when you die
You can make any race/gender combo look how you want them to look, which means female newman forces don't have to be lolis and/or look like clowns and male newmans can actually look normal

Wheatpenny
Jan 28, 2007, 10:06 AM
Well everyone else pretty much nailed all the goodies about the game. But i also have to say Maya Shidow.. Thats one hot space elf.I can't wait to get her partnercard. And then show her my crea saber http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif

*Edit- Oh shi-- its postcount 555 go go post count slot machine!!*

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Wheatpenny on 2007-01-28 07:08 ]</font>

Shiro_Ryuu
Jan 28, 2007, 10:08 AM
^
man, finally someone else who likes Maya, looks like I'm not alone.

Rashiid
Jan 28, 2007, 10:19 AM
MAYA PWNS ALL NPCs!! (cept mah 450 http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/anime1.gif)