PDA

View Full Version : PM Evolution Glitch?

Syl
Jan 26, 2007, 05:41 AM
Now im not sure why this happens or what not, but as of update last week, my game gets stuck as soon as one of PMs evolve (GH202->303, etc.). Not like FSOD, but i exit all the PM menus and stuff, but after all the menus are gone, the screen just stays in place w/o the menus, with nothing you can do but either unplug your internet or turn off your PS2.

This has happened twice and I'm just wondering if anyone else has experienced this...

Xaeris
Jan 26, 2007, 05:52 AM
Yeah, I've run into this exact problem as well. I sure picked a wonderful time to reraise my PM pure...eh well.

GazL_Neon
Jan 26, 2007, 05:57 AM
I got this 5 minutes before maintenance today. I figured it was related to that, but apparently not...

Syanaide
Jan 26, 2007, 10:11 AM
Same problem here, playing on PC. Wasn't like this at release.

MayLee
Jan 26, 2007, 10:17 AM
Seems like everytime they add a new patch something goes wrong..

necman
Jan 26, 2007, 10:38 AM
That's the problems with updates. I have not updated my pc in over 2 years and it runs like a dream. Unfortunetly PSU updates automatically so you don't have much of a choice. I was more worried about the 057 disconnect request the server keeps giving me since a few updates back.

Eskimo
Jan 26, 2007, 10:58 AM
Same happened to me, re-raising my pure tech PM just got harder, having it bombed wasnt enough sega had to throw some salt in the wound, also when feeding my PM after each item it exits all the menus making it even more irritating..

Niered
Jan 26, 2007, 10:58 AM
On 2007-01-26 07:17, MayLee wrote:

Most online games have problems after updates. Code is always dependent on other code, so changing one thing may change another issue that seems completely unrelated. Its just a basic fact.

Hell, I remember one time that CS had a glitch after a patch that made it so if you looked at a player with a "/" in their name, your game would freeze. They fixed it within hours, but it just goes to show that with progress comes problems.

MayLee
Jan 26, 2007, 11:02 AM
On 2007-01-26 07:58, Niered wrote:

On 2007-01-26 07:17, MayLee wrote:

Most online games have problems after updates. Code is always dependent on other code, so changing one thing may change another issue that seems completely unrelated. Its just a basic fact.

Hell, I remember one time that CS had a glitch after a patch that made it so if you looked at a player with a "/" in their name, your game would freeze. They fixed it within hours, but it just goes to show that with progress comes problems.

That's also true.

_Deliverance_
Jan 26, 2007, 11:07 AM
On 2007-01-26 07:58, Eskimo wrote:
Same happened to me, re-raising my pure tech PM just got harder, having it bombed wasnt enough sega had to throw some salt in the wound, also when feeding my PM after each item it exits all the menus making it even more irritating..

Just reboot. It's not THAT bad. Yeesh.

l_Will_l
Jan 26, 2007, 11:32 AM
yea i noticed this too since i recently bombed my 410 to make a 420.