PDA

View Full Version : NPC characters

iampoisoned
Jan 26, 2007, 11:08 AM
Do NPC characters have a battle stat like pm's do? seeing as theres no way of telling....I guess is there anyone who plays with their trainer alot and notices that they fight "better" after using them for awhile?

MayLee
Jan 26, 2007, 11:12 AM
I do not beleive they do, but I notice that they usually level higher then you everytime you bring them out.

Why does Hyuga have to be a higher level than me? http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_frown.gif

Umberger
Jan 26, 2007, 11:25 AM
NPCs are set to be 3 levels higher than the person who invited them. PMs are 10 levels higher.

As far as I know, there isn't a NPC battle stat.

Itchee
Jan 26, 2007, 11:28 AM
There is a little battle stat bar that levels up when you take your PM out to fight with you. If you go into your PM menu to view status, then flip to the second page...you can see it there along with the synthesis trend and all that. I really dont know what it does when you level it up, however....Ive gone up a couple levels on mine and it still seems just as mindless...

Akaimizu
Jan 26, 2007, 11:28 AM
Actually, each NPC is set to be precisely a certain level around yours. It's based on the invidivdual NPC whether they are always your level, a certain amount higher, or perhaps lower. However, as long as you travel with the same NPC, the difference between yours and theirs will always be the same, when you hire them.

The PM thing is also correct. If you S a mission, your PM will gain 25% of the level-up bar towards the next battle level. Ranks lower than that, give them lower rewards. The difficulty of the mission does not matter for PM battle experience. Only the rank itself does. So you can rush through C-grade missions earning S ranks with your PM, to quickly raise the battle level.

As of right now, the stat doesn't seem to do anything particular. But that doesn't mean that something will be activated, for having battle levels, in a future update. Or perhaps, it does do something, but for a battle feature we haven't figured out yet.

Max battle level is 100.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Akaimizu on 2007-01-26 08:32 ]</font>

A2K
Jan 26, 2007, 02:09 PM
If the NPC's level is above a certain point they'll start using different weapons and abilities. For example, if Lou, Laia, or Leo (that's a lot of L's...) are above level 20 (your level 17 or above), they'll SUV or Nanoblast. At level 50 they gain particularly unique things. Laia starts lugging around an axe, Hyuga with Splendor Crush-equipped (first two combo only) twin sabers, Maya with Dizas, etc.

It's not really based on actual use at all, though.