PDA

View Full Version : PSU-XBox 360: Could there be a PSU V2?

Fredrick
Jan 26, 2007, 01:44 PM
After seeing the bad reviews for PSU, I have to say I was really relieved when I played the demo. Aside from how they made forces painfully slow, I like the new mechanics of the game.

But I do have a problem with it. The slowdown is absolutly ridiculous. It's almost constant when you have a party of 4 or more. Other things like the jerky movements of non NPC characters just doesn't seem acceptable at all with today's standards. So I'm wondering, has there been any talk of making an updated version of PSU? Similar to PSO Plus or PSO V2?

I have no idea what it takes to make a game, but it doesn't seem like it would take much for the slowdown to be fixed. There is no justifying how poorly PSU runs on the 360. It's almost like the programmed it to slowdown so it could run on the PS2, and then forgot / didn't feel like changing it for the 360 version.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Fredrick on 2007-01-26 10:49 ]</font>

JAFO22000
Jan 26, 2007, 01:48 PM
Well, it was a port for a game made for a last gen system, so yeah. I still don't have much problem with the slowdown. I mean I notice it, but it doesn't affect me as it does others. Either it's not to bad for me or I just deal with it better...i can't decide!

Garnet_Moon
Jan 26, 2007, 01:51 PM
If it sucks for the system it was designed for, it's gonna suck on every other platform as well. That is what you call a port.

However, PC's are vastly superior to consoles so the lag and problems seen there are very easily gotten rid of even on a very small budget.

Whatever they add to fix ya'lls game though is great. It means less whiners, and less people quitting. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/anime1.gif

Fredrick
Jan 26, 2007, 01:52 PM
Well I woudn't mind it as much if I didn't already play as a slow force. I mean it can be very frustrating.

Cast foie. Wait 3 seconds. Didn't hit target. Cast foie again. Wait another 3 second. Still didn't hit.... you dont get a sense of action at all.

Ryogen
Jan 26, 2007, 01:52 PM
I don't get slowdowns. Usually if somthing extreme happens I pretend it's Slo-Mo (Like when there are too many enemies on the field in Dynasty Warriors). Dosen't bother me. The jerky movements are normal but not as bad as it was in the beta (or should I say the demo now).

Garnet_Moon
Jan 26, 2007, 02:00 PM
On 2007-01-26 10:52, Fredrick wrote:
Well I woudn't mind it as much if I didn't already play as a slow force. I mean it can be very frustrating.

Cast foie. Wait 3 seconds. Didn't hit target. Cast foie again. Wait another 3 second. Still didn't hit.... you dont get a sense of action at all.

Balance issue. If our damage was guaranteed, we'd be overpowered.

If it was guaranteed, the game would be extremely difficult. The mobs have no separate spells for them. They use the same ones we do. This is why Forces will never be nerfed as bad as Hunters. The game will become too easy. XD

So for that, I love Sega. We're linked to the beasties in a way that keeps us from ever being beaten with the nerf stick. Maybe tapped, but not too much more.

Golto
Jan 26, 2007, 02:04 PM
You want slow-mo play desert terror with a full party.

Garnet_Moon
Jan 26, 2007, 02:10 PM
On 2007-01-26 11:04, Golto wrote:
You want slow-mo play desert terror with a full party.

I'm gonna get back on my PS2 just to play bullet time extravaganza all over again for old times sake. XD

Thrash777
Jan 26, 2007, 04:34 PM
Just deal with the slowdown, it aint that much of a big deal... enjoy the game for what it is, and not for what it could have been... http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/anime1.gif

McLaughlin
Jan 26, 2007, 05:30 PM

If you miss twice your aim sucks.

Forces are cake to play, and are definitely a broken class.

Fredrick
Jan 26, 2007, 05:35 PM
Uhhmm... not really. Alot of enemies move in random directions, so it's impossible to predict for sure where it will go. The odds of guessing wrong 2x in a row is not that unlikely.

Ogni-XR21
Jan 26, 2007, 07:15 PM
The first thing I do with every new attack tech, is level it to level 11. Techs are almost useless to me from 1 to 10...

PALRAPPYS
Jan 26, 2007, 10:05 PM
Slow-mo? Hm, now that you mention it, I figure I do have it every once in a while. I guess I just don't pay attention though. I'm too focused on playing the game instead.

foamcup
Jan 26, 2007, 10:11 PM
I love playing it on the PC. If I turn the graphics up a bit, I can get the same slowdown as you guys though. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_lol.gif

JaiBlue
Jan 26, 2007, 10:13 PM
Slowdown > lag.

lostinseganet
Jan 27, 2007, 06:18 AM
On 2007-01-26 11:00, Garnet_Moon wrote:

Balance issue. If our damage was guaranteed, we'd be overpowered.

If it was guaranteed, the game would be extremely difficult. The mobs have no separate spells for them. They use the same ones we do. This is why Forces will never be nerfed as bad as Hunters. The game will become too easy. XD

So for that, I love Sega. We're linked to the beasties in a way that keeps us from ever being beaten with the nerf stick. Maybe tapped, but not too much more.

Well they could give us an cancel spell option. Still lose the tp but you stop in 3/4ths the time. Aiming would still be up to us.