PDA

View Full Version : Pros & Cons for using NPC's online

chibiLegolas
Jan 26, 2007, 01:49 PM
After searching the forums, I've only been able to find some of my answers.
But here's what I still don't know:

Do npc's lower your mission points, experience, etc.?
I know they lower your rank if they die like anyone else. So it's not ideal for s-rank. But if I'm leveling, would using them split my exp. compared with just me solo'n? If so, how much?

I've read how to summon them, but I just started playing (lvl 2 now) and need other info on npc's to know if they're still worth using since they don't truely gain levels like you do.

Rika-san
Jan 26, 2007, 01:52 PM
You can consider npc's as another person playing with you. they don't lower your mission points or experience at all.

You can use npc's in a group if you start one up and play with them until more players join. NPC's aren't solely for soloing.

Just remember you can have only 2 out at once

Garnet_Moon
Jan 26, 2007, 01:54 PM
1) NPC's only affect you negatively if they die. They don't carry Scape Dolls.
2) Your XP would drop statistically speaking by half; but PSU only adds like 5% XP for the killing strike, so it's not too bad. You have a partner. Now you have a 50% chance of getting the final strike for that extra bit of XP per kill. If you add a 2nd partner your chance of that killing strike and extra XP is 33%. But then again in a full party of 6 your chance is even lower. But you make up for that by tagging mobs and then mowing them down in rapid succession.
3) The only NPC's worth using are Lou, Laia(until you get Leo) and any of the GH-4XX series(440 is <3). The rest are retarded.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Garnet_Moon on 2007-01-26 10:56 ]</font>

Itchee
Jan 26, 2007, 01:59 PM
The NPCs for the most part arent too bad when trying to solo and farm and what-not. The only real difference in exp comes into play if you get the killing blow on a monster or not. If you do, you get the max amount....if you only tag it, you just get slightly less....but the NPCs wont run off and crush all the mobs before you get there, leaving you with nothing. I usually dismiss the NPCs when fighting a boss, however....It can be a pain to heal them if they get totally blasted. Taking your PM out with you can be cool too....in fact, I usually take that instead of a regular NPC...they can level up (somewhat) and you can change their battle behavior (forthcoming in future update...)

JAFO22000
Jan 26, 2007, 01:59 PM
Actually, I used to like Maya for Neudaiz. She doesn't take much damage and casts retier every now again....until I got the buffs. Then I stopped using her.

Mattardo
Jan 26, 2007, 02:10 PM
I always take my PM (battle level 100) and an NPC. I used Hyuga for a while, since he has lots of juggle moves, and now I prefer Laia, even if she is a beast. As a Wartekker, they help me in my damage. If used correctly, they play better than some human players. And they don't whine if someone picks up a Scape Doll Board. They never shut up, but I'm used to that. They're perfect for saving a spot for someone as well. Just don't ask me to remove them until I think the time is right. I know their limits. And certain bosses is one of them.

A2K
Jan 26, 2007, 02:13 PM
Keep in mind that certain NPCs have certain elements for their armor.

Hyuga = Dark
Maya, Lou, Leo = Ice
Laia = Fire

You may or may not notice them getting rather owned by the opposite element, depending on your level.

Maya's and GH-450's usefuless on 360 is rather limited as well as their healing is still broken. (Well, it might have been fixed in the last update, I don't know. Someone would have to do some experimenting with it.)

SolomonGrundy
Jan 26, 2007, 02:59 PM
Hyuga = Dark
Maya, Lou, Leo = Ice
Laia = Fire

I am a Beast ForteFighter. I do not have either Hyuga or Maya available as NPCs...How do I get them?

Dhylec
Jan 26, 2007, 03:27 PM
On 2007-01-26 11:59, SolomonGrundy wrote:
I am a Beast ForteFighter. I do not have either Hyuga or Maya available as NPCs...How do I get them?

Based on the flow of things on online story, you'd eventually get to them & their cards.

A2K
Jan 26, 2007, 03:34 PM
On 2007-01-26 11:59, SolomonGrundy wrote:
Hyuga = Dark
Maya, Lou, Leo = Ice
Laia = Fire

Completion of Story Missions 3 and 4 will get you Hyuga and Maya's partner cards, respectively.