PDA

View Full Version : Favorite new mission?

Weakness
Jan 26, 2007, 04:11 PM
http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/anime1.gif So of the 3 new missions added, what is your favorite?

My vote goes to The HIVE. It brings back memories of the ruins, even if the music is only meh~

How about you guys?

Siertes
Jan 26, 2007, 04:13 PM
I only like the Train Mission for it's music, though it sucks away my PP like nothing else.

Screw the HIVE and it's projectile tossing bastard enemies!

Eliash
Jan 26, 2007, 04:22 PM
The Moatoob Cave mission is long... brings back memories of Cave 3 for me.

Nani-chan
Jan 26, 2007, 04:24 PM
I haven't tried the cave one yet.. you have to beat Dimma to get to it? That's a bit more difficult then parum west or cyclez 4th floor.

Thrash777
Jan 26, 2007, 04:25 PM
Same reason as you Weakness http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_wink.gif

Soukosa
Jan 26, 2007, 04:29 PM
On 2007-01-26 13:24, Nani-chan wrote:
I haven't tried the cave one yet.. you have to beat Dimma to get to it? That's a bit more difficult then parum west or cyclez 4th floor.

You can also do VoC and Mine Defense to get there. The two branches end up at the same lobby and that branch is arguably much easier.

Itsuki
Jan 26, 2007, 04:30 PM
Out of all of those the only one that my group every touches is Train. Because train is actually profitable, and the other two are money drains. XD

EDIT: That is other than bringing level 5s to Hive B for quick EXP.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Itsuki-chan on 2007-01-26 13:30 ]</font>

JAFO22000
Jan 26, 2007, 04:33 PM
I voted for the cave mission...because it had no votes. I haven't played any of them, so this is now my official "favorite of the new missions which were added today" mission.

Ffuzzy-Logik
Jan 26, 2007, 04:58 PM
The Moatoob Cave, just because the goal lobby is the shit.

Golto
Jan 26, 2007, 05:25 PM
I voted for Hive because of the possible drops. The first 3 blocks can be managed fairly easy its just block 4 that is killer at least for my group. Gotta give some love to train though for the easy access to labs/endrum.

Syanaide
Jan 26, 2007, 05:28 PM
Had the most fun in HIVE. Train Rescue was rather boring to me.

Ravennittes
Jan 26, 2007, 05:47 PM
Train I can see being like a rock in a hard place at higher levels. The cave however, was fun. Wish it had the Bugs though. Love those things ^.^ . Tried the S-rank of Endrum Remnants, and I've gotta say, ouch.

VanHalen
Jan 26, 2007, 05:49 PM
the train it was my fave mission from story mode

omegapirate2k
Jan 26, 2007, 07:00 PM
I liked the train mission, I went there with a party of 6, it was madness.

Caster21
Jan 26, 2007, 07:08 PM
What are the rewards for S ranking the new missions?

MattTheShark
Jan 27, 2007, 12:17 AM
as far as the actual mission I like the HIVE the best, like weakness said it reminds me of the ruins and it's just fun to do =D though I love the new moatoob lobby, it's awesome. =D wish my lappy had a printscreen button =(

Mugenakuma
Jan 27, 2007, 12:24 AM
I have been doing B Train missions in 17 minutes or less with one or 2 of my friends. Each run yields 13 mission points and over 1000 meseta (about 1200 I believe). The exp isnt that grade but the mission points and meseta are great for such a fast mission!

Gen2000
Jan 27, 2007, 12:26 AM
1st-HIVE
2nd-Train
3rd-Moatoob Cave Mission

These are just base on fun factor, Hive and Train can be major money drainers without a good party. Moatoob Cave is boring as hell, didn't think any missions could get any more boring than Mizu/Onma S.

Moatoob Cave has the best reward though, not talking about meseta/mp because Bruce A does that better than anything else currently in the game, but the end lobby after you beat it is made of much win.

Nani-chan
Jan 27, 2007, 12:27 AM
I just soloed Cave B in about 45 mins for 20 points. It's a really long mission with like x10 spawn worms some x3 salamanders and some vears.

Tra
Jan 27, 2007, 01:28 AM
I'm pretty sure Cave S has the best exp/difficulty of any other area... Lv81? Jishagaras x 40 (160xp) and like.. 20 of those giant lizards (495xp) along with Navals and Lapuchas... no vandas or worms so it's relatively easy!!

crazy!

Itsuki
Jan 27, 2007, 01:53 AM
On 2007-01-26 22:28, Tra wrote:
I'm pretty sure Cave S has the best exp/difficulty of any other area... Lv81? Jishagaras x 40 (160xp) and like.. 20 of those giant lizards (495xp) along with Navals and Lapuchas... no vandas or worms so it's relatively easy!!

crazy!

As long as you don't get the worm spawn. That place is some crazy exp on all difficulties. That nobody can deny. Right now its also the highest level mission on the JP server (Level 70 requirement, 95+ monsters). And yet still, nobody plays it except to farm daberan. But even that, not as much. Because I believe they changed it so that instead of spawning 9, it only spawns 1.

EDIT: I believe the change made it so that the 9 spawn is only on S and SS. Maybe you all can go investigate it? Perhaps its not even changed on the US server.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Itsuki-chan on 2007-01-26 22:53 ]</font>

Tra
Jan 27, 2007, 02:08 AM
On 2007-01-26 22:53, Itsuki-chan wrote:

crazy!

As long as you don't get the worm spawn. That place is some crazy exp on all difficulties. That nobody can deny. Right now its also the highest level mission on the JP server (Level 70 requirement, 95+ monsters). And yet still, nobody plays it except to farm daberan. But even that, not as much. Because I believe they changed it so that instead of spawning 9, it only spawns 1.

EDIT: I believe the change made it so that the 9 spawn is only on S and SS. Maybe you all can go investigate it? Perhaps its not even changed on the US server.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Itsuki-chan on 2007-01-26 22:53 ]</font>

that's simple... if the first spawn of monsters isn't a pack of lapuchas + jishagaras... abort mission and try again!

Jae
Jan 27, 2007, 04:35 AM
Voted Hive because that whole mission was a riot. I can see why it can be a money sink though. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif

Train S was... ok. Kind of boring, but decent and easy xp. Dambarta owns that place as long as your HUs aren't sending everything into orbit.

I ran Cave S with a group of friends. We actually did get the worm spawn. Ugh. ; ;

Nani-chan
Jan 27, 2007, 04:40 AM
Yeah now I know better, fighting multiple spawns of 10 (ish) worms takes a long time.

Retehi
Jan 27, 2007, 04:46 AM
HIVE is amazing, that's all I can say.

Itsuki
Jan 27, 2007, 05:58 AM
On 2007-01-26 23:08, Tra wrote:

On 2007-01-26 22:53, Itsuki-chan wrote:

crazy!

that's simple... if the first spawn of monsters isn't a pack of lapuchas + jishagaras... abort mission and try again!

Problem is, on C-rank, its a very long mission, and you can't tell for the rest of the mission until the final enemy if its a daberan run. Even on C, the mission takes time. And 95%+ of the time, even if you get the initial spawn, it may still fail. (and theres 3 spawns that potentially have daberan. And 2 of them don't have any jishagaras in that first group XD)

Mewn
Jan 27, 2007, 06:18 AM
Train is cool, nice music too.

Alisha
Jan 27, 2007, 06:34 AM
based on what ive experienced offline i'd say the hive. train is a bitch for hunters and rangers due to lots of non element rouges and robots but i dont know if dilla greenas resist physical or guns. i specifically remember the rouges with guns being a massive pain in the ass moatoob cave isnt too bad. the hive is probally the most balanced stage in terms of type balance. the only real pain is jusnaguns-they can jellen you and headbutt you at close range-when they fly they can spit megid-if thier target is far they kamakaze you except they dont die.... it's best if melee use pa's with vertical lift to control them.

-edit:in extra mode jusnaguns are a higher level then dulk fakis....

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Alisha on 2007-01-27 03:36 ]</font>

Maridia
Jan 27, 2007, 08:00 AM
Well, I'm not sure yet. The train was a welcome sight, as I just.. I mean, come on. IT'S RAVER TRAIN, GUYS! *raves through robots, swinging twin sabers like glowsticks* XD

Now, the hive is cool, don't get me wrong. But am I the only one to (yes another pso comparison) think that they got a little.. well.. shoddy with the graphics? That "pulsing" thing looks like you're seeing it on a movie screen. I mean, PSO had stuff all over the WALLS, that MOVED. Yes, I know PSU isn't PSO but frankly, as a step up, I was expecting, you know, nicer graphics. Like, the fireplace in the new lobby isn't HALF as cool looking as the bonfire on the PSO beach quest. I just.. was expecting a little more, that's all. But yeah, hive is neat.

Cave mission.. can suck it. Seriously. I like the sparkly cave, but it has too much backtracking. LONG BORING MISSION IS LOOOOONG. It's basically the exact same thing from story mode. What's with that recharger near the end? What are we recharging for? The miniboss that doesn't exist? Oh, okay. <_< XD

But yeah, that mission blows. I am SO ungodly sad that my favorite lobby now has THREE long and slightly annoying levels to go through. But next time I go through the Valley, and not the desert. That desert just has too much ground to cover. :3

Skuda
Jan 27, 2007, 08:02 AM
yeah.. the hive is kinda poorly done, but the dark satellite mission DOES give out good drops, spawns and Job points.

Kirip-san
Jan 27, 2007, 09:02 AM
HIVE C S Rank = 9 MP~nyo.

-Ryuki-
Jan 27, 2007, 09:16 AM
When I wake up and do them, I'll get back to you on that.

Wheatpenny
Jan 27, 2007, 10:15 AM
The train mission because it allows me to do one thing and it is comedic gold everytime I say it: "I am tierd of these mothaf**king rouges on this mothaf**king train. Coming soon to you tube. Rouges on a train!!! By Wheatpenny

Gen2000
Jan 27, 2007, 10:19 AM
I wish those beast rangers could Nanoblast in the Pain Train mission, it would be interesting to see. Maybe an idea for the SSrank version of it.

P_C_A
Jan 27, 2007, 10:26 AM
On 2007-01-27 07:15, Wheatpenny wrote:
The train mission because it allows me to do one thing and it is comedic gold everytime I say it: "I am tierd of these mothaf**king rouges on this mothaf**king train. Coming soon to you tube. Rouges on a train!!! By Wheatpenny

lol.

Anyway, I voted the Cave mission. The lobby afterwards is awesome.