PDA

View Full Version : Do you plan on grinding a 9* to the max?

Deja
Jan 27, 2007, 11:28 AM
Okay, we all know that some expert classes get A rank weapons, that can only go to 9*. Well as a guntecher, a bow and wand are essential to my potential as a damage dealer and healer. I can't have "dimate" type resta the rest of my character's life!!!

So, I plan on using most, if not all, of my funds making a +10 9* wand and a +10 9* bow (or the kubara 8*, whichever has better ATA). I can see fighgunners going for +10 crossbows and fortefighters going for +10 daggers and +10 handguns...

So, who is going for it? Being on the PS2 version, money is easy to come by, so it is VERY plausible.

Bobkitty
Jan 27, 2007, 11:31 AM
Well just picked up a Python today, that and my Raygun, I may try for +5 or +6.. I might not even go that high considering how easily they break.. Also I'm on 360 so funds matter.

Rashiid
Jan 27, 2007, 11:31 AM
1 grind per A rak, yeah, sounds pretty good....

Deja
Jan 27, 2007, 11:32 AM
Yea, you xbox360ers won't be able to try until you have a good amount of funds. But us PS2ers are swimming in meseta.

Bobkitty
Jan 27, 2007, 11:33 AM
Yeah I imagine it'd be pretty easy to do over there.. But probably too easy.. But what's truly better? Having it be so easy it's nothing really special, or having it so tough that you go emo(or just cry a lil) due to a broken 9*?

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Bobkitty on 2007-01-27 08:34 ]</font>

Deja
Jan 27, 2007, 11:35 AM
Trust me, 80% of PS2ers would love to be in your situation, earning it feels so much better. But...I'm stuck here, so, gonna take advantage :/

Wheatpenny
Jan 27, 2007, 11:42 AM
i will TRY for a full grind, I emphasise on the word TRY because they have crappy grind rates lol

CelestialBlade
Jan 27, 2007, 12:43 PM
I'm not sure what you're talking about when you say that money is soooo easy to come by in the PC/PS2 version....unless you're referring to taking advantage of the ridiculously inflated economy, which only makes it worse....but hey, if you've got the funds, I say go for it. You're essentially making the best weapons you could possibly have. Just make sure you've got max Luck on the day you decide to http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif

Zio
Jan 27, 2007, 12:59 PM
Push it to the limit!

_Deliverance_
Jan 27, 2007, 01:09 PM
Grinding makes me giddy. I like it....A LOT!

Shoegaze
Jan 27, 2007, 01:37 PM
I intend to grind a couple of Phantom rifles and some Deathmakers to a decent level for my GT. I'll be satisfied with a +6 or greater.

Schubalts
Jan 27, 2007, 01:44 PM
Hell no! Too much risk, for too little return in my opinion. I prefer to buy a weapon once, not a billion times.

Weakness
Jan 27, 2007, 02:08 PM
I have like a million Phantoms so when I get back online (assuming grinders are out -.-;) I will try to make two or three +10's.

The sad part? With the Phantom Line bonus I will probably end up with more ATP (and PP from the grinds) then the S rank rifles...

Garnet_Moon
Jan 27, 2007, 02:14 PM
Depends on how my luck is with making grinders. If I get alot of +1's and +2's like I do for C and B grinds, I probably won't have any A-Rank higher than +2/+3. If I get any Grinder A +5 or higher, I will definitely try. Trying to get to +10 on a +6 or lower grinder has proven fatal for me in the past and A ranks; if they follow the trend, will have worse synth rates than B and C. So it depends how lucky I am when I make the grinders. I won't buy them, that's for sure. I can see it now...

Grinder A +1 10mil
Grinder A +10 99mil & Your Soul

Weakness
Jan 27, 2007, 02:17 PM
On 2007-01-27 11:14, Garnet_Moon wrote:
Depends on how my luck is with making grinders. If I get alot of +1's and +2's like I do for C and B grinds, I probably won't have any A-Rank higher than +2/+3. If I get any Grinder A +5 or higher, I will definitely try. Trying to get to +10 on a +6 or lower grinder has proven fatal for me in the past and A ranks; if they follow the trend, will have worse synth rates than B and C. So it depends how lucky I am when I make the grinders. I won't buy them, that's for sure. I can see it now...

Grinder A +1 10mil
Grinder A +10 99mil & Your Soul

Nah, I can find B Grinders +8 for about a thousand a piece... I figure maybe 5 or 6 thousand for +1-6, and then retarded price for those above... in other words I will be making my own grinders anyway and not caring about retards who try to sell them for 10k a piece.

Shadow_Wing
Jan 27, 2007, 02:18 PM
/scared to grind but I have 50 phantoms ready for my abyssmal grind luck XD

Weakness
Jan 27, 2007, 02:23 PM
On 2007-01-27 11:18, Shadow_Wing wrote:
/scared to grind but I have 50 phantoms ready for my abyssmal grind luck XD

I have only have 30... well 36, but the 30 I am grinding are sitting in my PM's storage until grinders are released.

Apparently the common sense of releasing A rank Grinders with A rank weapons was too simple for ST. Whoever came up with the whole release dates idea should be kicked in the nuts.

And he shouldn't only be kicked in the nuts, but I wish to takes his head, peal off the flesh while he is still alive, and then use his skull as a center piece for my dinning room table.

God forbid they release cool looking S ranks when people have the ability to use them. We have what? Two legit S ranks out now? 10 bucks we they wont release more then two more by the end of summer.

Garnet_Moon
Jan 27, 2007, 02:37 PM
Once I get another 99mil I'll MP an army of Howrods for personal use. I'll see if I can get a few to +10. Now, to get me two more 50mil items... off to Grove of Fanatics. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_wacko.gif

Kura-X
Jan 27, 2007, 05:26 PM
you know, if a bunch of PS2/PCers actually spent all thier hacked money on grinding materials and weapons, that's more money going out of the system. It would actually help the economy if one sold thier items for high prices, then squandered it all on NPC supplies for grinding.

I would definately grind 9*'s to the max depending on which 9* it was. Some 9* weapons look ugly -_-

Genobee
Jan 27, 2007, 06:42 PM
If I go threw 4 3*'s just to get one to lvl 10 on a lvl 3 luck day with plus 7* grinders HELLLLLL NO. probly gonna grind them once maybe twice.

Garnet_Moon
Jan 27, 2007, 08:35 PM
I encourage all Hunters to grind theirs. Especially their 50% ones. PSOW needs some juicy and emo rants about how each individual person hates PSU. C'mon ya'll, i'm countin' on ya! ^______________^