PDA

View Full Version : R.I.P. Agata Relics 2006-2007

Kamica
Jan 27, 2007, 12:04 PM
This is the reward for S2:
http://i4.photobucket.com/albums/y148/RyuuHasha/PSO/PSU357.jpg

Even Linear Line is given a better reward than Agata Relics. Only two missions give a worse reward: LL1 and Canyon1. How exactly does Sonic Team come up with these rewards? You can spam S2 Labs in 12-18 minutes for 18k or play de ragen in 15-21 minutes for 16k. And yet a mission that takes 20-30 minutes gives 7k?

Yes, I can and will play it for fun occasionally but it wlll not be for reward. You can get a lot more meseta from playing S rank with one or two other people than you could hope to get from S2. It almost seems that Sonic Team wants us to spam Labs. Here is hoping that Agata Relics will get better treatment for S3.

-Ryuki-
Jan 27, 2007, 12:08 PM
Yes, but.. hasn't Agata Relics always given better experience? I always thought so.

Wheatpenny
Jan 27, 2007, 12:15 PM
Exp onry in Agata.

-Ryuki-
Jan 27, 2007, 12:29 PM
On 2007-01-27 09:15, Wheatpenny wrote:
Exp onry in Agata.

There, he just second-ed.

CelestialBlade
Jan 27, 2007, 12:37 PM
I third that. The regular mission itself gives you a ton of experience and meseta. Plus it's, y'know, fun.

Edit: Oh, almost forgot, it's also where I farm Stelnium. That tends to drop a lot there, and if you can't find that then you'll still be rolling in Soldonium.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Typheros on 2007-01-27 09:46 ]</font>

DMC_Dante
Jan 27, 2007, 12:39 PM
Not only does it give you sick exp, but rare drops a plenty are there, its just an all around good place for drops and exp, whereas the other missions favor the reward at the end.

Gothica
Jan 27, 2007, 12:58 PM
I might give this mission a few speed runs. EXP plus drops? That is just made of WIN!

-Ryuki-
Jan 27, 2007, 12:59 PM
On 2007-01-27 09:58, Gothica wrote:
I might give this mission a few speed runs. EXP plus drops? That is just made of WIN!

Why does Gothica come off as the stereotypical girl who loves money and expensive items?

...XD!! I'm kidding >.>;

Gothica
Jan 27, 2007, 01:01 PM
Because my next set of guns are coming up in my next level. Deathmakers = expensive. @_@

-Ryuki-
Jan 27, 2007, 01:04 PM
Or you could just buy them. I'm sure you could buy them from the NPC's.

Or was the highest rare weapon Evil Twins?

Hm.

Gothica
Jan 27, 2007, 01:07 PM
I already spent the majority of my money on buying 2 Evil Twins. Luckily it was cheaper in player shops. I'm not sure if Deathmakers are sold at the NPC but I'm pretty sure I can find em in player shops. Plus I'm looking for my next armor too. But my DFP goes up slower then my grandmother climbing stairs. >.>

Kamica
Jan 27, 2007, 01:09 PM
On 2007-01-27 09:58, Gothica wrote:

Drops in S rank are indeed awesome. This is why I mentioned that playing Agata Relics S with a small group would be rewarding in my opening post. But, the drops on S2 are not much better than S to be honest. The drops in Labs and Ragen itself are just as good as the drops you can get in Agata Relics. Also, if you wanted to play a mission for good drops then you would play S2 Agata Onma. The drops there are better than any other place and you get 4-5k extra meseta per run from mission rewards.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Kamica on 2007-01-27 10:11 ]</font>

Inazuma
Jan 27, 2007, 01:22 PM
yea this has upset me too. there is no mission balance! if you check where all the players are, nearly EVERYONE is spamming labs S2 over and over. thats because every other mission in the game is a big waste of time compared to it. 18k in 12 mins, plus drops? nothing else in the game is anywhere close to it.

i dont know what sonic team is thinking sometimes. like gravity said, the agata relics can take a good 20-30 mins to clear, yet the reward is far less than labs which you can clear in half the time -_-

there is a taxi party on universe 38 for parum. (meaning its a room you can join, that will let you warp to any lobby on the planet) and because of labs being the ONLY mission worth doing, universe 38 is often totally full, and it will take you a long time trying to get in. so now there is a taxi on universe 37 too, lol.

if sonic team would just look at whats going on in their game, they mite think "hmm, no one does anything but labs S2...." and hopefully realize they need to balance the missions a hell of a lot better.
labs was fun for a while, but its all we have done for weeks now -_-

-Ryuki-
Jan 27, 2007, 01:27 PM
How would ST know where people are at, if they don't even play? >.>

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: RyukiZero on 2007-01-27 10:29 ]</font>

PJ
Jan 27, 2007, 01:28 PM
On 2007-01-27 10:22, Inazuma wrote:

Then you play the different mission?

Doesn't take a genius.

EDIT: Add the quote, as Ryuki posted before me

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: PJ on 2007-01-27 10:29 ]</font>

-Ryuki-
Jan 27, 2007, 01:30 PM
On 2007-01-27 10:28, PJ wrote:

Doesn't take a genius.

EDIT: Add the quote, as Ryuki posted before me

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: PJ on 2007-01-27 10:29 ]</font>

Pffft. Labs is still awesome. Will be even more awesome once Rinslet is at lvl 45. She'll have fun actually killing bugs, rather than watching Ryuki run away from them XD

PJ
Jan 27, 2007, 01:32 PM
I'm not saying it's a boring mission, I'm just saying, if he doesn't find it fun and he's been doing it for weeks, seriously? Why not play for FUN instead of reward?

Mmm, Moatoob. I like the line that's NOT Valley of Carnage, personally http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_wacko.gif Do more of that

Garnet_Moon
Jan 27, 2007, 02:29 PM
Agata Relics B gives the same Mission Points as Grove of Fanatics A.

This is sad news.

-Ryuki-
Jan 27, 2007, 02:33 PM
But.. I LOVE VoC >.>

Q_Anon
Jan 27, 2007, 02:54 PM
Quote:
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Agreed, you're paying for the game so why not have fun? I mean paying for a game just to get tons of fake money to buy fake stuff then go get more fake money is just ridiculous.

PJ
Jan 27, 2007, 03:10 PM
On 2007-01-27 11:33, RyukiZero wrote:
But.. I LOVE VoC >.>

NO VoC is terrible, don't play that shit Ryuki. Don't play that shit >:C

http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_wacko.gif

Inazuma
Jan 27, 2007, 03:39 PM
fun for me, is making progress. even tho im sick of labs, overall id prefer to do it over say, agata relics. b/c i have a lot less fun when im wasting my time.
dont forget, money has value on jp ver. the game revolves around it. if money didnt matter, id stop doing labs. or just stop playing the game.

btw, im starting a new char today. this way i can have fun plus not feel like im wasting my time. more chances for high luck will be nice.

PJ
Jan 27, 2007, 03:45 PM
I'm really gonna go out on a limb here, but really, how could the game POSSIBLEY revolve around the meseta?

Because of instead of playing the game, hunting stuff for yourself, you're playing the game, earning money, to buy the stuff you just won't take the time to hunt for yourself?

What part of the game revolves around meseta again? I'm not saying this just cause I'm from a broken economy, but because it just doesn't seem to matter so much that it's a gamebreaking, "Revolving," factor.

EDIT: Seriously, there's a reason Section IDs no longer exist

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: PJ on 2007-01-27 12:46 ]</font>

Inazuma
Jan 27, 2007, 03:50 PM
the jp ver does indeed revolve around meseta. thats just how sega designed the game. you dont have to accept it, but thats how it actually is.

-Ryuki-
Jan 27, 2007, 04:40 PM
But I love VoC!

>:E

Itsuki
Jan 27, 2007, 05:30 PM
On 2007-01-27 12:45, PJ wrote:
I'm really gonna go out on a limb here, but really, how could the game POSSIBLEY revolve around the meseta?

Because of instead of playing the game, hunting stuff for yourself, you're playing the game, earning money, to buy the stuff you just won't take the time to hunt for yourself?

What part of the game revolves around meseta again? I'm not saying this just cause I'm from a broken economy, but because it just doesn't seem to matter so much that it's a gamebreaking, "Revolving," factor.

EDIT: Seriously, there's a reason Section IDs no longer exist

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: PJ on 2007-01-27 12:46 ]</font>

Inazuma and Kamica are right on this one. The jp server revolves around meseta. Every aspect of it.

And I also agree with kamica on this one that s2 is just play dumb. Its EXACTLY THE SAME AS S. Lets list the changes so people can't see this:

- Level requirement raised 25 levels (to Lvl 70)
I see absolutely no reason why an area with level 85+ monsters should have a level 70 requirement. The only other area with a level 70 requirement has level 95+ monsters. And all the areas with level 55 requirement hvae 85+ monsters.

- Monster levels raised only 10 levels
So instead of getting 10k exp per run, you're going to be getting 12k exp per run. Whoopdie doo. You can get more exp per run in one of the better S2 missions. The monsters also deal the same amount, and take roughly the same amount of damage. Its almost EXACTLY the same.

- Monster drops changed from 8 stars to 9 stars
Well, technically this is a good thing. Except they're barely better than what you got in S.

- Final room spawn is changed slightly.
You fight dog + svalatus, dog + svalatus, 2xdog + svalatus. Really, its a small change, and the only real change.

- S2 reward is 3x the S reward.
Ok, I made this out for what it is. It is a big change in the reward. But when the other level 55+ requirement missiosn give 130-170 mp. A dinky little mission that gives 62 is almost a joke. The kind of joke mp you get when you solo a mission. Like LLS2.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Itsuki-chan on 2007-01-27 14:34 ]</font>

Mattardo
Jan 27, 2007, 05:37 PM
You're forgetting one important thing about Linear Line and Agata Relics: they are single element missions. Any mission that only requires one element is usually going to be bad exp and money... for obvious reasons. Maybe it's just me, but I think Linear Line and Agata relics are ridiculously easy because of this. You don't have to worry about constantly switching to different weapons, you don't have to carry extra weapons, it's easy. Sonic Team probably realized this and adjusted accordingly.

Para
Jan 27, 2007, 05:50 PM
On 2007-01-27 11:33, RyukiZero wrote:
But.. I LOVE VoC >.>

VoC ftw.

Deja_Vu
Jan 27, 2007, 06:40 PM
R.I.P. my ass. This level gives a lot of xp, money and synth mats. Plus it is not ruined by worms or bugs etc. On top of all of that, it's pretty enjoyable to play. Probably my favorite level to xp at. Just because it gives low MP doesn't mean it sucks.

Itsuki
Jan 27, 2007, 06:52 PM
On 2007-01-27 15:40, Deja_Vu wrote:
R.I.P. my ass. This level gives a lot of xp, money and synth mats. Plus it is not ruined by worms or bugs etc. On top of all of that, it's pretty enjoyable to play. Probably my favorite level to xp at. Just because it gives low MP doesn't mean it sucks.

You failed to read the posts. The entire point of the post is the fact that on S2, it is WORSE EXP than missions that take half as long. WORSE MESETA than missions that take half as long. And has only MEDIOCRE DROPS.

I can get 12k exp per run and 15k + drops in a 12 minute long run of Labs S2. I can get even more than that, in a 15 minute long run of Crimson S2. And Crimson is easier and has better drops than Agata Relics S2.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Itsuki-chan on 2007-01-27 15:53 ]</font>

Ether
Jan 27, 2007, 06:58 PM
The irony is while Agata Relics just died on the JP server, it never had much of a life over here, since it was one of the last S-ranks release, instead of the 2nd. By the time we got it, so many other missions were better exp and MP that there didnt seem to be much point to going all the way out to relics

Oh, and PJs comments made my day http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_wacko.gif

Gamemako
Jan 27, 2007, 07:09 PM
On 2007-01-27 09:04, Kamica wrote:
Here is hoping that Agata Relics will get better treatment for S3.

SSStylish!!!

(DMC reference if you didn't get it.)

//EDIT: I'm an idiot. tl;dr lol

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Gamemako on 2007-01-27 16:11 ]</font>

Golto
Jan 27, 2007, 07:15 PM
I actually get annoyed from all the mail invites to do the Holy Grounds S. The bgm and whole stage makes me sleepy after only 2 runs. I'd rather do Grove S or Hive S.

Gen2000
Jan 27, 2007, 07:50 PM
Yeah...Ageta Relics has always been boring for me, didn't think any mission could get any more boring than Mizu/Onma S and by the time it was released GoF S or Endrum S was much, much better for actual experience, before the latest 3 missions were released recently, so Ageta Relics has always been dead to me or the other players who realized this.

The only thing Ageta Relics S had over the better missions was ease of PuG ability but that's because most players are pansies (oh noes! Bugs exploding and robots mentality = blank mission list)

Neith
Jan 27, 2007, 09:26 PM
You don't do Agata for meseta rewards or mission points. You do it for the rare drops, and the monster experience. If you want job EXP, do a mission like Bruce's, or something with more to gain.

Agata seems purely EXP based.

CelestialBlade
Jan 28, 2007, 01:21 AM
Is this....really worth debating about? We've all got our own reasons for playing and yes, believe it or not, some of us do play just for fun, so, leave it at that. Sure, maybe it's not the absolute best mission and all that, but for me, it's something different. Having variety means it's not worthless, in my eyes.

It's obviously got something going for it because there's always a large number of B and A rank parties for that mission.

Itsuki
Jan 28, 2007, 02:34 AM
Nobody seems to read the thread. This thread was referring to Agata Relics on S2. Sure you can go there and be EXPing, but do you really need to be EXPing when you're already level 70+ (70 is the minimum level for the area).

If you want job EXP, do a mission like Bruce's, or something with more to gain.
The point was, that even linear line has a higher gain than this. Its the bottom of the barrel.

Jools
Jan 28, 2007, 04:49 AM
Yep, I couldn't agree more with my fellow JPers. They've made a bit of a rat's arse of the mission balancing. First it was Agata Onma S, now its labs S2. There always seems to be one mission thats over-powered. Shame. Give us a bit of balance ST!

-Jools

Itsuki
Jan 28, 2007, 05:18 AM
Even Crimson right now lacks balance. And crimson is endlessly more fun than Labs, Agata Onma, and Agata Relics.

Chuiji
Jan 28, 2007, 05:36 AM
On 2007-01-28 02:18, Itsuki-chan wrote:
Even Crimson right now lacks balance. And crimson is endlessly more fun than Labs, Agata Onma, and Agata Relics.

Tru.Dat

Almalexia
Jan 28, 2007, 09:15 AM
As people have said, Agata Relics is not about MP at all. Just huge abundance of experience. When advance classes can go to lvl20, then I can see this to be a problem. Lab S, S2, S3 will get boring.

Huge experience when you're not high level btw. Think about the lowbies, think about the lowbies!

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Almalexia on 2007-01-28 06:17 ]</font>