PDA

View Full Version : Anyone else think that ST got the advanced jobs wrong?

Zorafim
Jan 27, 2007, 08:21 PM
As a hunter, I'd much rather have the option of using magic than bullets. Beyond that, the two mix well, as seen by many main characters.
If I were a ranger, I'd much rather have the option of meleeing if the enemy got too close than having the option of spells, though spells would probably be better while soloing. Rangers with little meleeing capabilities are also popular in other areas.
As a magician, if my spells don't work, I'd much rather snipe the enemy from afar than risk getting hit. ST threw this idea into fortetecher, and decided to do something strange with wartecher.

The opposite option than what we currently have is both more a more romantic idea and seems to be more useful in battle, at least to me. And I think those options are seen in previous PS games, while what they have is not. I wonder what made them decide to do what they did.

Rizen
Jan 27, 2007, 08:24 PM
Expert Classes are fine... You just have to learn to play them.

Garnet_Moon
Jan 27, 2007, 08:26 PM
Because they tried to make PSU a MMORPG. Instead they got an ORPG.

http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_confused.gif

ShinMaruku
Jan 27, 2007, 08:27 PM
Tis not magic! Tis ki!
But to be serious they don't have it in them to push their vison.

Zorafim
Jan 27, 2007, 08:27 PM
Yes, they're "fine", but they aren't pretty. They take away from continuity and are less romantic (or "badass" for the person who doesn't like flowers) than what could have been done.

Alisha
Jan 27, 2007, 08:53 PM
i think the types are losely based on old phantasy star characters.

bare with me here since phantasy star 4 is the only old ps game ive actually beaten.

fortefighter = gryz/chaz

protranser is probally more drawn from pso's casts.

fortetecher = rune <-explain why only they can use rods too.

fortegunner = wren-heck even some of wrens weapon add ons resemble SUV's

Demi = guntecher

Kyra/Alys = Wartecher

i cant really draw a comparison for figunner maybee its drawn from pso hunters.

Golto
Jan 27, 2007, 08:57 PM
Well they are already rumors of new expert or expert expert types they are working on so maybe some of these will fit your playing style better.

kazuma56
Jan 27, 2007, 10:07 PM
On 2007-01-27 17:53, Alisha wrote:
i think the types are losely based on old phantasy star characters.

bare with me here since phantasy star 4 is the only old ps game ive actually beaten.

fortefighter = gryz/chaz

protranser is probally more drawn from pso's casts.

fortetecher = rune <-explain why only they can use rods too.

fortegunner = wren-heck even some of wrens weapon add ons resemble SUV's

Demi = guntecher

Kyra/Alys = Wartecher

i cant really draw a comparison for figunner maybee its drawn from pso hunters.

I'd say Figunner is more of a melee ranger (IMO a RAmar) then any other class, RAmars have decent atp, good ATA, and have access to awesome weapons from each class (hu and ra).

Zorafim
Jan 27, 2007, 10:15 PM
I think FIgunner is a rangering melee. It's a hunter that can use guns well. Its 20 bullet cap and lack of S rank guns show this. Still, as a fortefighter, I rather envy the fact that they can use ranged weapons well while I'm stuck with a handgun with lv10 bullets.

Garnet_Moon
Jan 27, 2007, 10:19 PM
On 2007-01-27 19:15, Zorafim wrote:
I think FIgunner is a rangering melee. It's a hunter that can use guns well. Its 20 bullet cap and lack of S rank guns show this. Still, as a fortefighter, I rather envy the fact that they can use ranged weapons well while I'm stuck with a handgun with lv10 bullets.

It's just there so you can hit bosses with a slightly better hit than with no bullet altogether. You can use no bullet and go green and do roughly the same damage. Nobody counts on fF's to status anything anyway. It frees that bullet for a more useful PA.

Zorafim
Jan 27, 2007, 10:26 PM
Just to make sure, equipping a bullet on a gun raises the accuracy modifier instead of lowering it like a PA does, right? A gun with no bullets has 50% of the accuracy it would have if you were just looking at pure stats, right? So that means a bullet is always better than none?

Garnet_Moon
Jan 27, 2007, 10:31 PM
On 2007-01-27 19:26, Zorafim wrote:
Just to make sure, equipping a bullet on a gun raises the accuracy modifier instead of lowering it like a PA does, right? A gun with no bullets has 50% of the accuracy it would have if you were just looking at pure stats, right? So that means a bullet is always better than none?

Who knows? I just use booger green bullets on my fF and my accuracy isn't too bad.

Gazette
Jan 27, 2007, 10:37 PM
The only gripe I have is that WT didn't get S rank Wand access.
Only because I want one of those S rank Famitsu Mag wands, lol.

Aside from that, whatever...

A2K
Jan 27, 2007, 10:40 PM
On 2007-01-27 19:26, Zorafim wrote:

All skill and bullet Photon Arts lower accuracy and increase attack power.

Miyoko
Jan 27, 2007, 11:06 PM
I think they got the expert classes perfect. Hybrid classes are actually hybrids -- They can do the same things two specialized classes can, but are greatly overshadowed by them, which is how it should be... Unlike WoW, where a paladin, the healer/tank hybrid, can heal better than a priest, and tank better than a warrior...

PJ
Jan 27, 2007, 11:08 PM
Uh

How could they get the advanced jobs wrong, if they made them how they wanted them?

Schubalts
Jan 27, 2007, 11:19 PM
PJ wins the topic....

DonRoyale
Jan 27, 2007, 11:23 PM
On 2007-01-27 20:08, PJ wrote:
Uh

How could they get the advanced jobs wrong, if they made them how they wanted them?

lolpwnt http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_disapprove.gif

VanHalen
Jan 27, 2007, 11:29 PM
Uh

You Win!!!!

Shiro_Ryuu
Jan 27, 2007, 11:40 PM
Uh

lol, nice post. i'm pretty much fine with the jobs.

BLACKR0SE
Jan 27, 2007, 11:52 PM
They are kinda unbalanced.How can a hybrid excel in one thing.It should be a balance of the 2 things. :/

Shinzakura
Jan 28, 2007, 12:30 AM
On 2007-01-27 20:52, BLACKR0SE wrote:
They are kinda unbalanced.How can a hybrid excel in one thing.It should be a balance of the 2 things. :/

Not really. A hybrid is simply a combination of two things. It doesn't matter whether one, both or no traits are superior. It simply is.

Personally, I like how ST did the classes. It's different. Might not be what people are used to, but you can't say that it's not unplayable.

Genobee
Jan 28, 2007, 02:37 AM
Um they are ok for everything but humans, humans got fucked over by every class.

VR_Pilot
Jan 28, 2007, 03:05 AM
Expert classes are a joke. Why would a Fotefighter, who's forte is MELEE, be limited to what weps he/she can use? You dont see Fotetechers having restrictions on what Techs they can use. And Hybrid classes should be a balance of two jobs. If any one side is stronger, than its not a hybrid anymore, its more like one job with weak quirks from another. True, they're not unplayable, but very sloppy.

VanHalen
Jan 28, 2007, 03:45 AM
On 2007-01-28 00:05, VR_Pilot wrote:
Expert classes are a joke. Why would a Fotefighter, who's forte is MELEE, be limited to what weps he/she can use? You dont see Fotetechers having restrictions on what Techs they can use. And Hybrid classes should be a balance of two jobs. If any one side is stronger, than its not a hybrid anymore, its more like one job with weak quirks from another. True, they're not unplayable, but very sloppy.

but cant a fortefighter use every bladed weapon?

Xanthias64
Jan 28, 2007, 05:07 AM
On 2007-01-27 19:37, Gazette wrote:
The only gripe I have is that WT didn't get S rank Wand access.
Only because I want one of those S rank Famitsu Mag wands, lol.

Aside from that, whatever...

It wouldn't be so bad except that Fortetechers wouldn't be special anymore. We don't get too many S rank weapons as it is.

Jonty
Jan 28, 2007, 06:22 AM
I do prefer the old system... But i guess there's nothing we can do ^_^

Sexy_Raine
Jan 28, 2007, 08:28 AM

Yes, I like the old PSO system better. Guntecher should've played like a true hybrid, and there's too much in this game that favors hunter weps, why the hell would I want those classes as a newman?. PSO did have have sprcial weapons that can used by anyone and completely go out of their class. This game doesn't give me any reason to try one class over another if one is works better for me(I've got a 9 star double saber in my storage, why would I need it for anything?). I was hoping for better. Either way, I'm safisfied with forces/rangers getting long range, easy element access, and status effects, I couldn't ask for more.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Sexy_Raine on 2007-01-28 06:26 ]</font>

VanHalen
Jan 28, 2007, 07:06 PM
On 2007-01-28 05:28, Sexy_Raine wrote:

why the hell would I want those classes as a newman?

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Sexy_Raine on 2007-01-28 06:26 ]</font>

cause i want those hunter classes as a newman.

Gazette
Jan 28, 2007, 08:50 PM
On 2007-01-28 02:07, Xanthias64 wrote:

It wouldn't be so bad except that Fortetechers wouldn't be special anymore. We don't get too many S rank weapons as it is.

Probably because FT gets exclusive access to S rank Wands/Rods/Bows. What more could you possibly need? You aren't about to go and use melee weapons with a PA cap at 1.

Still, hopefully some changes come about in the future and we get S rank wands. I want that Famitsu >.>

Schubalts
Jan 28, 2007, 10:18 PM
On 2007-01-28 16:06, VanHalen wrote:

On 2007-01-28 05:28, Sexy_Raine wrote:

why the hell would I want those classes as a newman?

cause i want those hunter classes as a newman.

What Van said.

Rashiid
Jan 28, 2007, 10:20 PM
i hav no complaints about ST's way of doing Expert Classes